ORAS OU MEGA HERA THE GOAT

Sorry for my first post, it was an accident that I prefer not to go into, as there are kids on this site and I must keep it PG.

But let's do this again.....

Welcome friends, before we go on let me start off by saying this probably won't be the most flashy thread as I am not a regular on here. I spend a lot of my free-time on showdown laddering and counter-laddering and have share multiple teams that I've created with friends. Each team i build has a specific purpose to it, whether it be hyper-offense (one of my favs for low ladder) to semi-stall (my least favorite). The following team I'm about to share w/ you guys was effectively the most effective team on the ladder for a brief period. Without further ado let's introduce our team captain!

Heracules
Heracross
Item: Heracronite
EV's 252 ATT / 252 SPE JOLLY NATURE
Bullet Seed / Rock Blast / Pin Missile / Close Combat
Moxie / Skill Link

This set allows you to outspeed Mega Gardevoir pre-MEga and OHKO it will Pin Missle, it also ensures you out peed all base 70 pokemon barring a Scarf. With the support coming from the team, Jolly nature really is needed and most of the time you don't even notice a drop in power.

Heracross can be a very valuable lead in certain situations and most often than not will be a win condition. With its coverage it can OHKO a lot of the top tier threats in OU. It can be a very good to counter-suicide elads such as Azelf and Breloom.

Mega Hera has trouble in the OU meta because of it's terrible speed tier, but paired with the right team mates, it's turned into a lethal wall-breaker and late game sweeper.

Thundurus / Leftovers
EV's 252 SpA / 252 SPE NATURE: Timid
Thunderbolt / Nasty Plot / Hidden Power Ice / Thunderwave
Prankster

This set supports Heracross extraordinary well, as paralyzing threats that Heracross can't outspeed like Mew, Lati twins, Alakazam,and Gardevoir. At the same time a defensive Thundurus doesn't have the longevity Heracross needs to thrive. Thundurus must be able to threaten the Pokemon that Heracross can't deal with otherwise like Garchomp, Lando, and Gliscor.

Nasty Plot effectively lets Thundurus function as a set up sweeper if Heracross needs to be used as a wallbreaker instead.

Basically, any threat in team preview that Heracross can't outspeed, paralyze it. If the opponent has abulky offense team, I've come to notice more often that not Heracross outspeeds a majority of the threats and thus T-Wave support is not needed. This allows Thundurus function as a sweeper now, this is why I chose him as a partner over other T-Wave users such as Klefki, Slowbro, and Chansey

TalonFlame
Sharp Beak - Item
Ev's 252 ATT / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
Brave Bird / Tail Wind / Swords Dance / Flare Blitz
Gale Wings

Semi-standard TF set, with a more supportive role for Mega Hera as a Tailwind can win a came in the final turns as I have done many times. Priority T-wind is almost more useful than priority t-wave and you find out that out at times.

With this set, you will need to utilize a tailwind as TF is about to die as wasting a turn of it can be counter-productive to a point. So save T-wind till the end of the game for sweeps, when your opponent least expects it to be passed. Also TF can be your win con many times so make sure to keep him relatively healthy.

Landorus-T
Leftovers
EV's - 252 HP / 252 DEF / 4 SpD
IV's 30 Spe
Nature - Impish
Stealth Rocks / U Turn / EQ / Stone Edge
Intimidate

This is the standard Lando T defensive set that almost everyone runs, but it fits well on this team as does it on many. It's a great check to bird spam that Mega Hera hates and a crucial momentum grabber.

Nothing really more to explain, it's a Lando. Pretty sure the only thing you need to change on it from the pastebin I will give later is the nickname. Oh and the 30 Speed IV's are to underspeed other Lando's to get a slow U-Turn off

Empoleon
Leftovers
EV's - 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpA
Ice Beam - Scald - Flash Cannon - Defog
Torrent

I needed a fairy resist and defogger, naturally Empoleon fit that niche perfectly. I wasn't completely sold on Empoleon at the begging but he has become a pivotal part of this teams success. He can handle Mega Diancie w/o a problem, and puts pressure on a lot of hyper offense teams. Also he can sit infront of a lot of threats in the OU metagame and Scald until he gets the burn, a nice thing to have in your back pocket.This gives me a semi-reliable answer to Keldeo as well, you just have to play around Keldeo's fighting stab, since most of them are choiced in some way it isnt too hard.

Ferries are a problem on my team and this special wall destroys Sylveon and Mega-Altaria. Clefable on the other hand can set up as his Flash Cannons only do 70% max

Sylveon
Choice Scarf
EV's 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
Hyper Voice / HP Fire / Psyshock / Baton Pass
Pixilate

This is my trump card as late game Hyper Voices are often the win con of this team after Mega Hera has dealt accordingly with all Sylveons checks. This also gives me a check to Gengar as Gengar gets out sped by this set, HP Fire burns through Steel Switch ins and Baton Pass gives you momentum when you know a switch is coming

Scarf Sylveon is a problem for most teams, so keep it healthy and bluff your Scarf perfectley and you just might blow your opponent through a loop.

WELLLLLL, that is my team, and trust me if I knew how to make i fancy like some of the others on here I would, but I don't and youre stuck with this. I dont really need any suggestions as I kinda grew bored of this team using it so much (why Im sharing it with you) but if you see somthing that might gain my interest in using it again please drop a comment!

shorry guys hees the team

Heracules (Heracross) @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat

Theon Greyjoy (Thundurus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Katniss (Talonflame) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Tailwind

Harvestus (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Flight of the Concords (Empoleon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon

StaXs (Sylveon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Hi,

If you're going to include a peak in your title, please include screenshots as proof of you owning an account with that peak. I've changed the title for now, but if you do edit in proof of you achieving that peak, PM me and I'll revert it back. Please do not attempt to change the title without informing me or there will be punishments put in place. Thats all, have a nice day!

Hi,

If you're going to include a peak in your title, please include screenshots as proof of you owning an account with that peak. I've changed the title for now, but if you do edit in proof of you achieving that peak, PM me and I'll revert it back. Please do not attempt to change the title without informing me or there will be punishments put in place. Thats all, have a nice day!

Yes. How didn't know I had to provide proof, makes sense. How do I prove that the account is mine?

Jeong

Banned deucer.
You can make a screenshot with the account and the points you have achieved with this team and demonstrate the effort and well it has worked for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)