ORAS OU MMedicham OU team Hyper Offense

Hey so I'm pretty new, I've posted some teams here before, but I was mostly playing battle spot singles. I just started up on PSS about 6 days ago and originally started laddering super quickly (well only to like 1300's in the first 2 hours maybe), but i started experimenting with a bunch of cool teams that I found in showcases threads here. Suffice to say I suck with almost all of those teams. Especially the MegaZam balance teams. Anyways my main weakness so far in game is really just knowing a lot of specific type resistances on pokemon. The majority of my losses come from this, but anyways I threw this team together with the thought of using hyper offense and hopefully some far less predictable stuff to get picks off the enemy team to then sweep and so far it's been working very well. I don't have a defogger or rapid spinner, but I feel my team is intense enough that it is difficult to be set up on a lot of the time. So far I'm 14-4 with it. Anyways thanks for taking a look, hopefully helping me improve and let me know what you think.

Medicham (M) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out

Fake Out use and coverage/priority of Bullet Punch, Ice Punch and HJK are very good for sweeping and switching in on specific threats. I don't run zen headbutt here because I have psychic coverage on Hoopa U and ice punch seriously destroys enemy flying pokes which have been a huge nuisance. I run adamant because I run two priority moves and therefore I feel the extra damage is worth it.

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dark Pulse

This guy is somewhat unconventional and I get a lot of KO's off of him. No one ever see's HP fire coming and I kill ferrothorns/scizors left and right. Also my main counter to talonflame. Scarfed because he needs to go first always. I just pray he doesnt die to priority moves before getting job done. Electric switch in also, besides Garchomp/Mamoswine.

Mamoswine (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Priority Ice move, pretty tanky and can execute a lot of choice specs psychics/darks that I come across in the tier. Because I'm running this speed for choice scarf to go first against almost everything, I run him adamant for the extra damage. Electric switch in, also mamoswine causes a lot of switches and I can spam knock off to get many annoying items out of the game, like leftovers on ferrothorn to then 1HKO with HP:fire on Thundurus-T. More Ice coverage and EQ Stab.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 28 SpA / 252 SpD / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Destiny Bond
- Hyperspace Hole
- Signal Beam

Ahhhhhh, my Hoopa-U set. I've had a lot of people destroyed by this set. I've had a lot of criticism about this set and quite a few people have pm'd me for this set from much higher ladder than where I am (played against their alts). This set is my curveball/ace in the hole in many matches. He's a SpD switch in and can just put out ridiculous stab damage. Signal beam has extremely limited use, but with this set, I might as well have it because all the main bases are covered and might as well keep it for those special threats that take many damages from signal beam. Also so many times have I won games by switching this guy in at <30% hp and just scarfed Destiny bond'd something at end game to then just sweep what's left with mMedicham. This set has seriously worked out unreal, at least where I am ranked in ladder and I'm also 3-0 against people's from experienced players high up on OU in PSS (so also relevant against good experienced players so far).

Sand Dargon? (Garchomp) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 94 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Okay, here's one of my tanks, this is my "regret using fake out" user. Stealth rocks for funzies and dragon tail on things that like to set up. Another standard smogon set, but it's just so effective. Also for some reason I find many ferrothorns dont switch out and Fire blast just makes sense for this sorta coverage and the possible burn on things like mScizor/mSableye.

I Eat Glue (Azumarill) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 166 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

This is my fairy and water/ice switch in. Not only is Azu tanky, but I've straight up won a few games by just sweeping over half their team by putting him in first and belly drum aquajetting to victory. This is the standard smogon set for belly drum and ya, I think this set is pretty standard and lastly synchronizes very well with my team.

Last edited:
Hi! I've some tips for your team.
When you try to build a team, you have to choose your first pokemon and work around it.
For example MMedicham, it is really storng but has many threats, first of all status ( Will-o-Wisp, Thunder Wave) and Talonflame.
I prefer Bullet Punch because it isn't really fast and a priority is useful. A Jolly nature could help you, but you lose some power.

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt / Bullet Punch
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

You need a pokemon who helps against those.
Garchomp is ok, it defeats Talonflame and sets the SR. You set is ok, but you could try Toxic <- Fire Blast, it helps against Stallbreaker Talonflame version.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- TOXIC

Now you need a stats absorber and a wallbreaker, Thundurus is a fantstic chose. It works better than Therian and thanks to Thunder Wave priority ( thanks to his ability) helps MMedicham to outspeed many threats.
It 0hko Defensive Landorus-T, and many bulky water which are dangerous for you.
Grass Knot hits Swampert, Focus Blast hits Ferrothorn, and it is dangerous for you. It's immune to TW and it is a special sweepr, so it isn't afraid from burn.

Thundurus <- Thundurus-T

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast / Grass Knot

Bulky psychich types pokemon, such latias are dangerous, so a pursuit support is useful. Another threats are fairy types, so CB scizor is a good choice.
Thanks to is boosted priority it 0hko many threats, such CMclefable and Sylveon. It can Pursuit trap Latwins and is a good pivot with a slow U-Turn.

Scizor <- Mamoswine

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

I like Hoopa but your version is dangeurous, ok it's bulkier than the standard but it's less strong. The standard LO is a good choice because helps you against MSableye and thanks to TW spamming from Thundurus outspeed many threats but isn't lock in a
move and hits harder.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Psychic

Your team aren't really afraid from SR, and Azumarill has a great synergy with your team. If you prefer you could try a Healing Wish + Defog Latias, but after this Bisharp is very dangerous.
I think that AVAzumarill is a good last mon, it's bulkier and helps you against many threats ( Keldeo overall )

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

I hope that I help you, if you have some question I'm happy to listen you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)