Not open for further replies.

Thisbemyalt

Shiba sucks
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Approved by galbia and Magnemite
Shoutouts to Kreme and ~Volbeatdown~ for help with concept
Thanks to a deer for Art

PU Ladder Challenge
Hello all! Welcome to the official PU Ladder Challenge, in this thread players will be tasked with laddering with teams that fit a particular set of criteria. The goal of the thread is to give higher level players a good reason to actually ladder and hopefully make PU ladder a bit better.

Procedure
At the start of every week I will announce a team criteria, then players will be tasked with obtaining a team that fits the criteria. Players will then PM me their teams and post that they are in with their alt. After you have provided your alt and PM'd me your team you can begin laddering! At the end of the week I will announce who had the highest rank and the team they used will be provided in the OP unless they request otherwise. After 8 rounds the winners of each round will be placed into a small bracket tour to determine the cycle winner. For the first cycle of this project the prize of victory will be placement in the hall of fame and a Ninetails plushie!

Rules
  1. All players must provide proof that they own the alt, obviously the alt must be brand new or without any PU ladder games.
  2. All contestants must PM me their teams, if someone fails to send in their team or any changes they make to it during the week, they will be disqualified.
  3. As the above rule insinuated players are allowed to change their team as long as it still fits the building criteria and they PM the entire new version of the team to me.
  4. Players are not required to build their own teams. If you see a good team that fits the week's criteria in some other thread or in an RMT you may use it as long as you give them credit when you PM me. I will be forcing people to change teams if they PM me with the same team that someone else is using
  5. If a player wins two rounds they will receive an automatic bye in the end of cycle tournament, however after two wins a player can no longer participate until the tournament.
Current Ladder Challenge Criteria

Last edited:

Thisbemyalt

Shiba sucks
Last edited:

5gen

jumper
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
In as 5genNS1
edit: changed to 5genNS1 b/c i played on 5genNS accidentally.

Last edited:

Thisbemyalt

Shiba sucks
So for this week our winner was amber lamps with our runner-up being Dundies great job guys n_n. Also just so everyone knows I have officially decided that if this project actually survives until the end of cycle one there will be a plushie reward for the winner. Right now I have a really nice Ninetails one in mind however if you have any suggestions on where to purchase plushies or particular plushies then just PM me. The second round criteria will be up a bit later into the day.

Last edited:

Thisbemyalt

Shiba sucks
This Round's Criteria: Weather

In PU we have quite a lot of mons that can benefit from weather such as the three you see here. This week teams must feature some sort of weather, whether that be through a fully dedicated team or just a self setting mon, as long as it has weather on it you can use it.
Deadline: Saturday, February 20th

Thisbemyalt

Shiba sucks
This weeks winner is Dundies with the runnerup being cryalot great job guys!
Next Round Criteria:
+
or + or
+

So in the past week the good cores thread has had quite a few submissions for various styles. This week players will use one of these three cores to ladder with.
S/o to 2xTheTap Dundies and Ranbu No Melody for the cores.
Deadline: Saturday, February 27th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)