Made by Intellectual Potato
MegaScizor_XY.gif
Gliscor_XY.gif
Tyranitar_XY.gif
rotom-wash.gif
Latios_XY.gif
Clefable_XY.gif

(Disclaimer: This is my first RMT)

Lets start by going over the purpose of the team and what was going through my head when I was making this team. It all started when I was looking through the Smogon twitter page and saw an article on making sand teams. I thought it would be a great opportunity to make my own, as my current teams hardly make it past the 1200 mark without a lose. I didn’t completely follow the format and ended up using some “unconventional” pokemon. For a sand team anyways. I eventually ended up with this team. It is FAR from perfect but it managed to get me a bit higher on the latter than any other team I had made

MegaScizor_XY.gif

Handyman (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature

- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn

This scizor is my first defogger and bulky steel type. It takes a ton of sets and can switch into and pivot off a lot of mons very effectively. It can take a hidden power fire in the sand and counter attack with a u-turn, whether its a latios or a mega venusaur. Bullet punch can handle fairies like mega gardevoir pretty well, which can pose as a MAJOR threat to my team. Obviously, roost is to regain health after taking a few hits, and helps recover from HP fire however, it stalls out the sand so its better used against a physical attacker, such as Lando-T​

Gliscor_XY.gif

The Counter (Gliscor) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Substitute

Here we go! The special little snowflake, Gliscor! I got this set from a previous RMT made by doughboy check it out! This is and sand veil set! It may have less than average speed, but it can really catch players off guard and set up a substitute on the swap. With sitrus berry and the hp stat it can set up a whopping 6 subs and by then there is a massive chance that they will miss there attack. Once you have a substitute up you can get off 1-2 swords dances and attempt to sweep. Its not always successful but when it is its a good time. For the user not the opponent.

Tyranitar_XY.gif

The Check (Tyranitar) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature

- Toxic
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Ah good o’l tyranitar! The bedrock of a successful sand team! It runs smooth rock to keep the sand up because without it glister becomes virtually useless, and scizor becomes much less bulky. Ice beam is good coverage on its own, but the only problem is with its poor special attack, it only really kills if the opposing pokemon is 4x weak to it, and usually that means glister or Lando-T which get special defense boosts from the sand, so a very bulky set can take the hit. With that tyranitar can’t live a superpower from Lando-T! Pursuit is a standard psychic counter and stealth rock cripples talonflame. Toxic is going to need a bit of explaining. I actually found that i’m a tad bit weak to stall so I added toxic on to beat it. Talonflame never stays into tyranitar anyways so while rock coverage may be good I just found toxic to be a better fit for the team. And yes i’m speaking from experience.​

rotom-wash.gif

Scrotom-Wash (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Serious Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Easily having the best nickname on this team. Much like scizor, Scrotom-Wash is a bulky pivot allowing safe swaps in and out into other pokemon, which can be very helpful. It also resists fire and gets a little fire move of its own, will-o-whisp which can immensely help out scizor and stacks with the sand to cause a large amount of damage. It gets great STAB, especially for a sand team and pain split can help cripple pokes with a high HP stat which can serve as a definite threat to my team. The EV’s are part of the standard smogon set.​

Latios_XY.gif

420 No Scope (Latios) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor

- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

“What? Another defog set?” Yes another defog set! It works very well along side mega scizor because it almost garontee’s no hazard set-ups! I would have chosen scarf but life orb makes sure it does more damage and I personally think its fast enough. I also might be getting a bit too obsessive compulsive about this but I feel like if I had 349 special attack a lot of things would live at like 1% and I would get so mad! :P I also think roost helps a lot in sandstorm and if its swapped in for defog it takes damage from stealth rocks and stacking damage can wear this thing down after 1 or 2 protects from ferrothorn.​

Clefable_XY.gif

Was that damage? (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature

- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

Cleanable is the win condition of the team (aside from gliscor) It has EV’s to take on physical moves and calm mind to start tanking special moves. It can also return with massive damage and heal back up with soft boiled. Its the only pokemon with flamethrower on the team and its weak to steel, which doesn’t make for a good combo so I have to watch out for scizor and ferro switch-ins and know when to flame thrower at just the right time! It has magic guard because its a sand team and it might get hit by a toxic. Unaware is useful but obvious and stat boosts never seemed to be a problem to my team.

Checks and Counters:
(I have a lot of these because I get really specific about the definition of counter)

Mega Gyrados: Mega Gyrados poses as a big threat because it becomes nearly unstoppable after just one dragon dance. If it swaps in at the right time it can set up and murder me! It has water which does huge power to my team and mold breaker + earthquake do kill scrotom-wash (poor guy) however clef can moon blast for good damage if it mega evolves, and rotom can destroy it with will-o and thunderbolt if it choses not to for a turn so if I play correctly I could eliminate it before it becomes a major threat.

Excadrill: Sand rush excadrill can do wonders as far as countering my team, as it can outspeed a lot of mons and pretty much destroy them. Scrotom-Wash can counter it but mold breaker scarfed can kill him so I always have to be careful on what I swap into.

Manaphy: Manaphy has potential to hurt my team. If it has energy ball it kills Scrotom-Wash and after two tail glows I practically rely on gliscor which is really bad! Unless latios can OHKO with draco meteor i’m screwed!

Weavile: Ugh weavile! This pokemon can have ice shard and pursuit which pretty much destroys latios and gliscor. If it has low kick it can also kill tyranitar

CharY and CharX: I do have a charizard counter (Latios) if charY disables the sun a lot of pokemon can loose there propose and its risky shaping into tyraintar because it can’t take a solar beam too well. (It might be able to take two but its still not easy to control) And if it lands that precious focus blast i’m dead strait away! If charX sets up it can potentially outspeed Latios and other mons to sweep.

Mega Venusaur: Yes the bulky monster. Only the bulky set has real potential to take on my team and it can’t really do that too well! But in the right situation it can do damage to my team

Fairies!: Mega Gardevoir and slyveon can do large amounts of damage with hyper voice if scizor is dead and it break through gliscor’s substitute just perfectly if scizor isn’t dead!

Serpirior: I haven’t noticed until now but serpiror really harms my team a lot with contray leaf storm. Although I can play around it and win it can almost always take out 1 or 2 pokes.

Skarmory: I hate skarmory so much! It pretty much decimates my team if played right and it looks like an iron kite! Seriously do you expect that to fly? The only thing on my team that can hit that super-effectively is clefable and it can’t evan kill it without a few boosts and it gets almost one-shotted by iron head.

Slowbro: This thing doesn’t have the potential to sweep my team or anything its just kind of a nuisance to kill. Tyranitar can do it pretty well with toxic and pursuit.

Scarfed Jirachi: If played right it can kill some of my pokémon and the only thing that counters it while it has the scarf on it is Scrotom-Wash which is rendered nearly useless after it gets tricked the scarf.

Last edited:
Nice team! But why you don't play SR Excadrill? After SD you write gg. You don't need 2 defogger, you could try it over Mscizor.
And Maltaria <- Clefable, altaria works well in the sand!

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost / Fire Blast

Your importable says Rotom-W is running a Serious Nature. I am assuming that is by mere accident, for a Bold Nature gives Rotom-W more physical bulk at the cost of unneeded attack.

Interesting concept a team, below here's what I think may benefit your team.

First off you mentioned it in the threatlist as well but Sylveon
really destroys your team. You lack a switch-in as Specs should be the only set as its cleric set is pretty mediocre. With that Scizor spread, Sylveon has a 50% chance to OHKO with Hidden Power Fire. Scizor seemes like your go-to Pokemon to switch into Sylveon and if they just so happen to be specs, you just lost your mega and Scizor seems to be an important aspect of this team. I think you should switch Gliscor
for Heatran
. Heatran is a reliable switch-in to Sylveon and can easily force it to switch out. I would probably run an Offensive Heatran set which handles a good amount of Pokemon that you have listed under your threatlist such as Skarmory, Serperior, Sylveon, and Jirachi. Next I would switch Latios
to Latias
giving you a more reliable switch for Pokemon like Mega Charizard Y
. At this point, (even before changes) Keldeo
can 2HKO your entire team. I think you should ditch the route of using 2 defoggers and switch Mega Scizor
for Mega Venusaur
, giving you another fairy check and checking Keldeo
and something easier to take on Slowbro
with (minus Scald burns D:)

Overall changes:

->

->

->

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Taunt / Stone Edge

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)