CAP 21 CAP 21 - Pokedex Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Here we are at the final stage of Crucibelle; welcome to Pokedex submissions! In this thread you may post your entries for critique and eventually submit them for the poll. Please read the following rules before doing so!:

Legal Pokedex submissions must meet the following standards
  • Pokedex Entries must have flawless grammar. Smogon has a Grammar & Prose team that will help identify mistakes.
  • Pokedex Entries cannot be longer than 25 words.
  • Pokedex Entries can only contain the following characters:
    • Letters A-Z
    • Numbers 0-9
    • Dash (-)
    • Apostrophe (')
    • Period (.)
    • Comma (,)
    • Colon (:)
    • Semi-colon (;)
    • Space

Work In Progress (WIP) Pokedex Entries can be posted at any time for comments from the community.

No more than three WIP Pokedex Entries can be posted by any individual person through the entire course of the submission thread. This limit applies to ALL posts made by a single person, even if previous posts are edited or deleted. This limit is intended to curb the tendency for some submitters to spam the thread repeatedly with multiple Pokedex Entries. This detracts from other submissions and makes it difficult for commenters to survey the submission thread.

Do not bump your WIP Pokedex Entries by posting them repeatedly, or making minor wording changes. Bumping will result in the disqualification of all Pokedex Entries by the offender. Editing or deleting bump posts will not prevent disqualification.

Only ONE Final Submission can be made per person.

Pokedex Entry Final Submissions can only be posted after a CAP Moderator posts in the thread that final submissions are open. Any final submission posted prior to the Moderator notification post, will disqualify the submitter from the poll entirely. Even if the offending post is edited later or deleted, the submitter will still be disqualified for the remainder of the thread. This ensures that all submitters have equal opportunity to post final submissions without anyone unfairly "jumping the gun".

Pokedex entries Final Submissions must posted exactly in the following format and in the following exact order:
  • The first line of the post must have the words "Final Submission" in bold on it's own line. No other text may be included before the bold heading.
  • A blank line
  • "<Pokemon Name>, the <Species Name> Pokemon", with the Pokemon name and the Species Name in bold
  • A blank line
  • The X Pokedex Entry submission. Start with the letters "X/OR" in bold, then a colon (:), and then the Pokedex entry.
  • A blank line
  • The Y Pokedex Entry submission. Start with the letters "Y/AS" in bold, then a colon (:), and then the Pokedex entry.
Below the Final Submission you can post other comments, explanations, etc.

Example final submission:

Final Submission

Victini, the Victory Pokémon

X/OR: This Pokémon brings victory. It is said that Trainers with Victini always win, regardless of the type of encounter.

Y/AS: When it shares the infinite energy it creates, that being’s entire body will be overflowing with power.
Any Final Submission that does not follow the proper format will be disqualified.

Have fun!

Name: Crucibelle

Concept:
Name: Typing Underdog

General Description: A Pokémon which utilizes an undervalued typing to its full potential, by playing towards both its strengths and weaknesses.

Justification: Each typing possesses a unique set of characteristics, causing all of them to perform very differently in various aspects of battle. However, not every typing has been granted the opportunity to display this potential, being forced into suboptimal roles by virtue of stats, ability and movepool, and therefore often being labelled as “bad”.
This concept aims to do a detailed analysis on the primary function of such a typing along with its potentially unexplored capabilities, by creating a Pokémon that that emphasizes the typing’s most prominent traits and utilizes them effectively.
This approach will not only allow us to widen our understanding on the unique niche and preferred playstyle of the typing, but will also give us additional insight on the mechanics that lead to success and failure of the typing when comparing CAP to the wielders in the lower tiers.

Questions to be answered:
  • What are the most important traits the Pokémon gains from the chosen typing, both positive and negative?
  • Is quality or quantity of weaknesses/resistances/immunities more relevant to the chosen typing? What does this mean for the way it is played?
  • How significant is the niche provided by the typing in OU? Are there any striking flaws in the typing that can’t be played around and prevent the Pokémon from performing reliably?
  • How reliant is the typing on stats, ability and movepool in order to succeed in OU?
  • Are the unique characteristics granted by the typing enough to set the Pokemon apart, or does it face strong competition for its role from Pokémon of other types?
  • Is there any distinct playstyle that suits the chosen typing the best? Or can the same typing be utilized in an entirely different approach to similar success?
  • How important is a type’s versatility for its overall success?
  • Is a single Pokémon capable of portraying most relevant aspects of the entire type?
Typing: Rock / Poison
Abilities:
Base - Regenerator / Mold Breaker
Mega - Magic Guard​
Stats:
Base - 106 HP / 105 Atk / 65 Def / 75 SpA / 85 SpD / 104 Spe
Mega - 106 HP / 135 Atk / 75 Def / 85 SpA / 125 SpD / 114 Spe​
Movepool:
- Head Smash
- Astonish
- Endure
- Protect
- Withdraw
5 Rock Throw
7 Toxic
10 Fake Tears
14 Confusion
16 Confuse Ray
19 Toxic Spikes
23 Smack Down
25 Reflect
28 Sludge
32 Acid Armor
36 Rock Slide
40 Psybeam
44 Hex
48 Torment
52 Rock Blast
56 Gunk Shot
60 Explosion
TM06 Toxic
TM09 Venoshock
TM10 Hidden Power
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM17 Protect
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM23 Smack Down
TM27 Return
TM29 Psychic
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM34 Sludge Wave
TM36 Sludge Bomb
TM37 Sandstorm
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM48 Round
TM63 Embargo
TM64 Explosion
TM66 Payback
TM68 Giga Impact
TM69 Rock Polish
TM71 Stone Edge
TM80 Rock Slide
TM83 Infestation
TM84 Poison Jab
TM86 Grass Knot
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM89 U-turn
TM90 Substitute
TM94 Secret Power
HM06 Rock Smash
Snore
Low Kick
Iron Head
Zen Headbutt
Gunk Shot
Block
Skill Swap
Helping Hand
Trick
Snatch
Magic Room
Wonder Room
Stealth Rock
Gravity
Egg Groups: Amorphous / Mineral

Coil
Defense Curl
Rollout
Wood Hammer
Height:
Base - 1.3 m / 4' 3"
Mega - 1.4 m / 4' 7"​
Weight:
Base - 23.6 kg / 52.0 lbs
Mega - 22.5 kg / 49.6 lbs​

WORK IN PROGRESS

Crucibelle, the Relic Pokemon

X/OR: It is a very timid and shy Pokemon. It will quickly hide in its pot when approached by a stranger.

Y/AS: They can occasionally be found in ruins of ancient cities, hiding in dirty vases.

WIP

Crucibelle,
the Mimic Pokemon

X/OR:
They create their own ceramic shell by smelting clay in areas with high geothermal activity.

Y/AS: The designs of a Crucibelle's pot reflect the society that it lived in, providing information about ancient civilizations.

Work in Progress

Crucibelle, the Pottery Pokémon

X/OR: A shy and timid Pokémon, they are found alone in deep underground ruins. They roll around in their jars at surprising speeds.

Y/AS: This reclusive Pokémon excels at close range fighting. When provoked, they will leap out of their jar and use the lid as a weapon.

Last edited:
WIP

Crucibelle
, the Igneous Pokémon

X/OR: Of all the known Pokémon, scientists are most baffled by Crucibelle; it can control it's body's shape and temperature in anatomically absurd ways.

Y/AS: It's vase is made of the same material as the super-heated parts of it's body. Supposedly Crucibelle shed these from time to time.

WIP, of course.

Crucibelle, the Ceramic Pokémon

X/OR: It makes its home in ancient ruins. Many a Trainer has been startled when a seemingly lifeless clay pot revealed itself to be a Crucibelle.

Y/AS: Its body is bright purple due to the toxic mineral salts it contains. The more vivid a Crucibelle's colour, the more potent its poison.

WIP

Crucibelle, the Sculpting Pokémon

X/OR: Crucibelles are excellent sculptors and use their pots to express themselves. They have created many of the greatest sculptures.

Y/AS: A Crucibelle's pot will crumble over time and it must make a new one, lest it dry up. They use their claylike body to sculpt it.

I thought that Crucibelle looks a lot like clay so I made this Dex entry hint at it. Maybe the inside of its pot is like the Tardis '~'

Last edited:
WIP

Crucibelle, the Oozing Pokemon

X/OR: When wounded, it retires inside its pot to heal. The pot is very tough and most attacks will simply bounce off it harmlessly.

Y/AS:
It is very shy, but it will lash wildly at anyone coming too close. Its sludge is highly toxic to both humans and Pokémon.

First one references its abilities (Regenerator and Magic Guard), the second hints at Crucibelle's offensive prowess and Poison typing.

WORK IN PROGRESS

X/OR: It is a very timid and shy Pokemon. It will quickly hide in its pot when approached by a stranger.

Y/AS: They can occasionally be found in the ruins of ancient cities, hiding in dirty vases. They were thought to be extinct until recently.

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Final Submission

Crucibelle, the Mimic Pokémon

X/OR: When parts of its body dries, Crucibelle uses it to patch up cracks on the pot.

Y/AS: Crucibelle hides in its pot when strangers come by, only attacking if it feels threatened.

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
WIP

Crucibelle, the Urn Pokémon

X/OR: Although Crucibelle is very reclusive, it loves to play peek-a-boo with its trainer once they establish a strong bond.

Y/AS: It spins its toxic fluid to build rolling momentum to attack. Colliding with something is its only way to stop at its top speed.

The first refers to its shy-ness, and the fact that it would eventually open up to its trainer. The second explains its high speed.

Last edited:
WORK IN PROGRESS

Crucibelle, the Contained Pokemon

X/OR: It was discovered inside ancient ruins, the people who found it became mysteriously ill soon after.

Y/AS: It will disintegrate if it gets far from its urn, however another Crucibelle will emerge from the urn quickly.

Last edited:
WIP

Crucibelle,
the Living Sludge Pokemon

X/OR:
Legend has it that Crucibelle was once a pool of water inside a forgotten vase.

Y/AS: When its urn was heated, the water inside became a mysterious and living sludge.

WIP

Crucibelle
the Toxic Maiden Pokemon

X/OR:
Legends say the first Crucibelle was a woman who poisoned her lover, and became cursed to become the poison she used to kill.

Y/AS:
They have been known to cry when sleeping in their urns, leaving poison tears highly sought after by assassins for its untraceable identity and toxicity.

Something about Crucibelle gives me a Pandora's Box vibe. I wanted to go with a legend that was similar to Pandora's box and to how Hercules was killed, by his wife using centaur blood. Imagine that Crucibelle was a jealous Greek wife and presto! Sad clay woman in a box!

Last edited:
Oh dear, I wrote some Feedback.

In the interest of fairness, I've put together something for all the entries. If it doesn't seem as though I like your entry, it just means that it isn't to my personal, eclectic tastes - I imagine other voters will feel differently.

• Mega-Pokebattlerz - your second WIP is definitely an improvement, as it just seems a little more imaginative. Species name is sensible.
  • Exclaimer - love the phrasing, love the ideas. One minor thing: only metals can be smelted, so 'smelting clay' doesn't really make sense.
  • Blackdrakon30 - delightful phrasing, very Pokédex-like. The 'shiny objects' reference in the X/OR entry seems superfluous, though - that entry is probably long and informative enough without it.
  • FriesforNapkins - It doesn't quite make sense to me that Crucibelle is the most anatomically baffling Pokémon if Ditto exists. And what super-heated parts of Crucibelle's body are we talking about - the darker, browny-black bits, the helmet? Might be worth clarifying.
  • KrazyCake - your main idea is clever, but the species name and both your dex entries focus on it pretty tightly, so it doesn't seem like we're learning as much about Crucibelle as we could be?
  • Billy the Uncle - really well thought-through, and nice that the two entries cover different parts of Crucibelle's personality. Have you considered flipping the order of the sentences in the X/OR entry? It seems to me like it might flow better that way. Love the species name.
  • SlaySlenderDragon XD - I feel like the X/OR entry needs to be fleshed out more; it doesn't make terribly much sense to me at the moment (wouldn't you use wet bits to patch up a pot and let them dry out, rather than using stuff that's already dry?).
  • snake_rattler - nicely phrased & nice species name; the only thing that jars for me is the whole 'spinning the toxic fluid' thing... like, how would it do this?
  • felix - maybe consider splitting your entries into two separate sentences rather than having one run-on sentence for each?
  • Waziooi - this is a nice idea for the genesis of Crucibelle, but the two entries feel a little bit like one entry that was split in half.
  • HelenTheHero - the idea of Crucibelle as a reincarnated murderess is a little grotesque for my taste, but I can't fault your imagination, or the tonal consistency between the two entries. You may want 'their untraceable identity' rather than 'its untraceable identity', since 'poison tears' is plural.

WORK IN PROGRESS

Y/AS: They can occasionally be found in the ruins of ancient cities, hiding in dirty vases. They were thought to be extinct until recently.

Needs grammar checks.

Final Submission

Crucibelle, the Oozing Pokemon

X/OR: When wounded, it retires inside its pot to heal. The pot is very tough and most attacks will simply bounce off it harmlessly.

Y/AS:
It is very shy, but it will lash wildly at anyone coming too close. Its sludge is highly toxic to both humans and Pokémon.

First one references its abilities (Regenerator and Magic Guard), the second hints at Crucibelle's offensive prowess and Poison typing.

(Yes, I just copy-pasted my WIP because I feel pretty sure about it.)

Final Submission

Crucibelle the Toxic Maiden Pokemon

X/OR:
Legends say the first Crucibelle was a woman who poisoned her lover, and became cursed to become the poison she used to kill.

Y/AS:
They have been known to cry when sleeping in their urns, leaving poison tears highly sought after by assassins for their untraceable identity and toxicity.

Something about Crucibelle gives me a Pandora's Box vibe. I wanted to go with a legend that was similar to Pandora's box and to how Hercules was killed, by his wife using centaur blood. Imagine that Crucibelle was a jealous Greek wife and presto! Sad clay woman in a box! I think I have a weird thing with cute Pokemon having sad/evil/whatwasthat back stories.

Also, I took Buzzer_Error's advice and changed "its" to "their."

Final Submission

Crucibelle,
the Living Sludge Pokemon
X/OR: Legend has it that Crucibelle was once a pool of water inside a forgotten vase. When its urn was heated, the water inside became a mysterious and living sludge.

Y/AS: There are rumors that a Crucibelle's touch is all-healing and its spiked lid bone-breaking. The skulls on its pot are a magical shield against intruders.

Last edited:
WIP

Crucibelle
, the Toxic Clay Pokemon

X/Y : It is said to live in pots made from it's own gooey flesh to create a house for itself.

OR/AS :It is said to be able to dodge all attacks by morphing it's clay body into the appropriate shape.

Final Submission

Crucibelle
, the Igneous Pokémon

X/OR: Of all the known Pokémon, scientists are most baffled by Crucibelle; it can manifest new limbs at will by controlling it's own body temperature.

Y/AS: It's vase is made of the same material as the solidified parts of it's body. Supposedly Crucibelle shed these from time to time.

Thanks Buzzer_Error for the feedback, I feel a bit guilty now for not doing that as well. But, I tried to rework the first entry to reflect what I meant a bit better. Even with pokes like ditto, I feel like it would confuse scientists how Cruc can manipulate their body temperature to sort of... form their own anatomy? That's the idea I was going for anyway. Other than that, just some minor grammatical changes, good luck to everyone submitting.

Final Submission

Crucibelle, the Sculpting Pokémon

X/OR: Crucibelles are excellent sculptors and have created many of the greatest sculptures. people say that the inside of a Crucibelles pot heals any wound.

Y/AS: A Crucibelle's pot will crumble over time and they must make a new one, or they'll dry up. Their pots are worth more than gold.

Thanks Buzzer_Error and Waziooi for your help

Last edited:
Final Submission

Crucibelle,
the Mimic Pokemon

X/OR:
They create their own ceramic shell by firing clay in areas with high geothermal activity.

Y/AS: The designs of a Crucibelle's pot reflect the society that it lived in, providing archaeologists with information about ancient civilizations.

Final Submission

Crucibelle
, the Pottery Pokémon

X/OR: A shy and timid Pokémon, they are found alone in deep underground ruins. They roll around in their jars at surprising speeds.

Y/AS: This reclusive Pokémon excels at close range fighting. When provoked, they will leap out of their jar and use the lid as a weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)