Project What's His Last? NU Edition [Week 27 | Voting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
This includes the first week. thanks for all the feedback everybody!
Realistic Waters and his Skuntank takes the win for this week, with an impressive 13 votes!
Davon's Pyroar: 8 Votes
GyRro's Swellow: 1 Vote
Realistic Waters' Skuntank: 13 Votes
Oda's Clefairy: 1 Vote
Disjunction's Ninetales: 4 Votes
Aurosis' Rotom-Fan: 5 Votes
Can-Eh-Dian's Liepard: 4 Votes

This week's team features two scary SD mons in Samurott and Scyther. the two physical threats are supported by Healing Wish from scarf Mesprit, as well as a bulky pivot, Hariyama. Special lure Skuntank beats the things that annoy Scyther, like Rhydon or Steelix.

Samurott @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Roost

Skuntank @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Dark Pulse
- Defog

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 196 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Fake Out

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

I'd like to thank up-and-coming SPL Star Ice Tea for providing me with this week's team.
Posting period goes up until Friday, 12th of February.

Happy Posting :]

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 244 HP / 128 Atk / 136 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic

This team doesnt have a SR setter or a normal/flying check, both of which are necessary on almost every NU team. One of the best setters and normal checks is Steelix, which also provides a great Klinklang counter, seeing as it can set up on Scyther or choice locked Mesprit.

Last edited:
reserving rhydon
Edit: I'll be picking something else because I'm a nice guy. I'll finish it later today.

Barbaracle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 80 HP / 176 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Razor Shell
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I've tried to be a little inventive while still fulfilling the needed parts for this team. Barbaracle provides the much needed normal/ flying resist and stealth rocks for the team. I decided to carry stone edge coverage to help the team deal with flying pokemon even easier (mainly peli and mantine). The sash allows it to set rocks early game if necessary or get off definite damage mid game which could be crucial for things like mesprit to have an easier time. I've tried to keep as much offensive pressure as possible but the 80 HP ev's gives barb extra bulk, meaning it can compete a little better with the likes of lix etc. while also allowing it to more than likely live a double edge+ eq from kanga. Unless they get stupidly high rolls both times.

252+ Atk Silk Scarf Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Barbaracle: 93-109 (30.4 - 35.7%) -- 38.7% chance to 3HKO

252+ Atk Kangaskhan Earthquake vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Barbaracle: 172-204 (56.3 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

No rocker, no normal flying check = no bueno. Team also lacks a wallbreaker, and this provides all of those, being one of the best normal/flying checks and rockers in the tier. IT also is able to boost it's atk with SD to hit pretty hard for a defensive pokemon

Edit: I wrote it first, its mine imo

bolts edit: uh you didn't post first, pick something else

Kiyo edit: they're legit posted within two minutes of each other, I'm inclined to let lolbro keep this up

Edit: I was in call with him, and I said I was doing it, yet he reserved it anyway *_*

Last edited:
upload_2016-2-7_19-8-27.png

Cradily @ Leftovers/Chople Berry
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy/Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Earth Power/Giga Drain
- Rock Slide/Ancientpower/Toxic

This team didn't have a rocker/normal resist as people have already mentioned however it didn't have things that liked switching into scalds very well, especially Mantine/Lanturn who either had a good matchup vs the majority of the team or Volt switched for free. Even though HW Mespirit could bring back a crippled teammate like SD Samurott or Scyther that got burned, Cradily's water immunity helped avoid that. It also gives the team a decent Zard check since Yama doesnt do that too well as well as a SS Omastar check, since the team seemed weak to it if Yama got weakened . It also can hit Lix on the Switch if you run Epower and help weaken it for SD Scyther. Chople is an option for Zard's Focus Blasts. Vote for Cradily since he needs some love and a hug!

Rapture

I got so much time today

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Protect
Gives you rocks support yada yada normal resist and all that good stuff. It's also a water resist although it doesn't like taking burns Ferroseed can harass things like Lanturn with leech seed to make up for burn damage. I opted for Knock off over gyro ball to whittle things like Steelix a bit faster so that Scyther would actually be able to end up doing something in the late game. Leech seed also means you can help keep Skuntank and Hariyama from getting worn down too quickly. Protect happens pairs well with yama's fake out to help the match up with weather which can be annoying to more offensive teams like this.

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Team needs a Stealth Rocker, a flying check, something to block volt switch, and priority, the last member simply must be piloswine. It you're worried about checking normal types rozes assured me on skype that Piloswine does this and he is 3-1 in SPL so I'm not going to argue.

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Like everyone before me already said, flying resist and an electric immunity are sorely lacking on this team. Stunfisk might not be as good at checking normal types as Steelix or Rhydon, but brings something unique to the table - speed control. So even if it might not fully stop dangerous normal types, paralyzing them should be enough for the rest of the team to deal with them. If you're not feeling lucky you might run TWave over Toxic but then Rotom has fun with you so I would probably keep it as is.

Regirock @ Chople Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave
- Counter

Regirock is actually a really effective last mon for this squad. As everyone above has stated, the team badly needed a Normal resist as Regirock is about as sturdy as they come, and can even surprise pokemon like Sawk, Kangaskhan and Tauros with Counter. Regi also provides the team with a super reliable Stealth Rocker and an actual Flying resist to boot. While Regirock doesn't exactly provide the team with the Electric immunity that Rhydon or Piloswine does, there are certainly advantages Regi has over the two for the team. The first 5 members of the squad literally just lose to Specs Charizard, as Hariyama can't check it like it can other Fire types, and Reigrock is a far more reliable answer to Zard than Pilo or Rhydon. Chople Berry allows Regi to easily chew a Focus Blast even after it's been withered throughout a game and get off a Stone Edge or Thunder Wave, something Rhydon or Piloswine could only dream of. Secondly, the team is fairly slow outside of Scarf Mesprit, so Regirock's T-Wave support is really appreciated.

P.S sorry for the essay haha, was hard finding the words to justify my reasoning o.o

252 SpA Choice Specs Charizard Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 196 SpD Chople Berry Regirock: 144-170 (39.5 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Charizard Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Eviolite Rhydon: 294-346 (71 - 83.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Charizard Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Piloswine: 348-410 (86.1 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Shadestep

volition immanent
that includes the Posting stage for this week, thanks for all the responses!
Voting stage starts now. everybody gets 2 Votes this week!

Here are the participants:
carcy 's Steelix

GyRro 's Barbaracle

lolbro 's Rhydon

Oda 's Cradily

Rapture. 's Ferroseed

KyleCole 's Piloswine

Aladyyn 's Stunfisk

Aurosis 's Regirock

Voting is until Sunday, so get it done quickly! c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)