Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Honestly, I can't really help you there. I've had a lot of experience with all three spreads on both retail and emulator. I have no idea what triggers it, but I would go for the alternate spread if you can. They are usually earlier in the frames than the regular ones are, so you can have more tries in less time. Are you timing with a stopwatch?
I'm using EonTimer. The parents I deposited were x/x/x/31/31/x (A) and x/x/x/x/31/31 (B), so the closest flawless special spread that works for them is on frame 28284, which is over 7 minutes further than the one I was aiming for on standard spreads (frame 2391).
If you're doing this on emulator, you can generate a list of frames that will give you your target spread (both for Normal and Alternate), and then check each frame using Save States. It's time consuming, but it works.

Otherwise, stick to what Thomaz suggested.

Best of luck :)
I'm doing it on a cart. Thanks though!

I'm using EonTimer. The parents I deposited were x/x/x/31/31/x (A) and x/x/x/x/31/31 (B), so the closest flawless special spread that works for them is on frame 28284, which is over 7 minutes further than the one I was aiming for on standard spreads (frame 2391).
I'm doing it on a cart. Thanks though!
Oh yeah, that's a little annoying lol.

It might take a while, but you could also breed a x/x/A/A/A/A parent and a x/x/x/x/B/B parent. You can try different spreads this way. The closest spread for alternate would be 9506, but it's much better than 28284. Like, if, after replacing the parents and getting an egg again, you're still not hitting standards spread, try switching to alternate, which is close to 3 minutes.

Since you've already got a good shiny spread you don't need to do any of the stuff related to shiny patches/chained shiny method, just the stuff about starting a chain and how much activating the radar/stepping into patches advances the RNG.
Related to this question, my target encounter slot is 2. On that encounter slot, day or night, is a pokemon that is not Scyther. Encounter slot 6 is Scyther. So, would I need to start the chain on encounter slot 6 to get Scyther to show up and then advance frames to encounter slot 2 to ensure the next encounter would be Scyther? Also, my frame spreads are low, so would this be pretty much impossible?

Related to this question, my target encounter slot is 2. On that encounter slot, day or night, is a pokemon that is not Scyther. Encounter slot 6 is Scyther. So, would I need to start the chain on encounter slot 6 to get Scyther to show up and then advance frames to encounter slot 2 to ensure the next encounter would be Scyther? Also, my frame spreads are low, so would this be pretty much impossible?
Yes, you need to start a chain with Scyther and then advance to your target spread when moving to the second patch.

Depends on how low, I'd probably want a frame of at least 50 to consider this, but lower can work if you can get rid of most NPCs. The best way to know is to try, really. Since you don't need to worry about Shiny patches, this will be much easier than "standard" Poke Radar abuse (and much closer to normal Wild abuse) :)

Yes, you need to start a chain with Scyther and then advance to your target spread when moving to the second patch.

Depends on how low, I'd probably want a frame of at least 50 to consider this, but lower can work if you can get rid of most NPCs. The best way to know is to try, really. Since you don't need to worry about Shiny patches, this will be much easier than "standard" Poke Radar abuse (and much closer to normal Wild abuse) :)
Thanks for the reply. My particular worry is that each step advances the frame, which is problematic for recharging the Pokeradar or is that wrong?

Thanks for the reply. My particular worry is that each step advances the frame, which is problematic for recharging the Pokeradar or is that wrong?
You're absolutely correct - steps made in the grass will advance the frame. However, if I'm not mistaken, you won't need to recharge the Pokeradar at all during the RNG process; you should be able to get your target Scyther (depending on the frame, of course) on your second patch, which is triggered naturally after you KO or (better yet, to check its IVs and therefore frame) catch the first Scyther from the patch. In this case, you should be able to approach your second patch in about, say, 10 steps, which is much lower than recharging would require.

You're absolutely correct - steps made in the grass will advance the frame. However, if I'm not mistaken, you won't need to recharge the Pokeradar at all during the RNG process; you should be able to get your target Scyther (depending on the frame, of course) on your second patch, which is triggered naturally after you KO or (better yet, to check its IVs and therefore frame) catch the first Scyther from the patch. In this case, you should be able to approach your second patch in about, say, 10 steps, which is much lower than recharging would require.
Ok, so, here's the plan from everything you've said:

1. Use VS. Seeker to freeze wandering NPC, battle NPC, move to big patch of grass and save.
2. Hit Seed and check coin flips to make sure we've hit Seed and assume we're on frame 1.
3. Use Pokeradar.
4. Advance frame to Encounter slot 6 frame (calculation: Target Frame - (steps required to reach patch + number of patches generated + 2 for being turned away and initiating encounter), capture pokemon (initiating chain) and check to see what frame we're on.
5. Second patch should pop, calculation will be Target Frame - (Steps required to reach patch + number of patches that were generated + 2 for being turned away and initiating encounter)

On step 5, do patch numbers generated only matter on the initial use of pokeradar?

Does that sound about right?

I know the guide is bad but it's not that bad, especially since you don't even need to worry about the worst part (shiny patches).

You start the chain on Encounter Slot 6 to get a Scyther, then the next Pokemon you should be encountering is your target spread, once a chain is started encounter slots only matter if it breaks (pray to RNGod of choice that it doesn't btw).

What does "low" mean? 6? 100? Like Luxpluff said 50 is a minimum for it being worth it to try, but even that depends on how soon an ES 6 appears and how far the occidentary spread for it is. If your *seed* results in your target spread being <50 frames away find one where it's at least 200 away to give you plenty of room for error, if you still need help after that post your seed and target info (frame, IVs, required lead).
Only steps in tall grass/other places wild Pokemon can attack you advance the RNG with each step.

Damn, that's a lot later than I was expecting.
Thanks man.
176 million is pretty early for such a specific wild spread in Emerald...

However, if I'm not mistaken, you won't need to recharge the Pokeradar at all during the RNG process; you should be able to get your target Scyther (depending on the frame, of course) on your second patch, which is triggered naturally after you KO or (better yet, to check its IVs and therefore frame) catch the first Scyther from the patch. In this case, you should be able to approach your second patch in about, say, 10 steps, which is much lower than recharging would require.
True, but sadly unreliable as this requires the furthest patch to both generate in the grass and be the same type as the first for best chance of not breaking the chain. It's best to just be prepared to reset the radar.

I know the guide is bad but it's not that bad, especially since you don't even need to worry about the worst part (shiny patches).

You start the chain on Encounter Slot 6 to get a Scyther, then the next Pokemon you should be encountering is your target spread, once a chain is started encounter slots only matter if it breaks (pray to RNGod of choice that it doesn't btw).

What does "low" mean? 6? 100? Like Luxpluff said 50 is a minimum for it being worth it to try, but even that depends on how soon an ES 6 appears and how far the occidentary spread for it is. If your *seed* results in your target spread being <50 frames away find one where it's at least 200 away to give you plenty of room for error, if you still need help after that post your seed and target info (frame, IVs, required lead).
Only steps in tall grass/other places wild Pokemon can attack you advance the RNG with each step.
Take a look, my TID is 00600, my SID is 25114. My spread is Adamant Ability 1 31 31 31 17 31 31 Encounter Slots 0,1,2,3,4,9, and 11. The frames are anywhere from 15-37. According to what you said, if I start the chain on ES 6 to get Scyther going as my chain, then I can use Frame 37 despite it being Encounter Slot 37. My first ES 6 is Frame 10, I don't really understand the Occidentary portion. Also, I'm a moron because I forgot I can push my frames out much further, so this may work.

Take a look, my TID is 00600, my SID is 25114. My spread is Adamant Ability 1 31 31 31 17 31 31 Encounter Slots 0,1,2,3,4,9, and 11. The frames are anywhere from 15-37. According to what you said, if I start the chain on ES 6 to get Scyther going as my chain, then I can use Frame 37 despite it being Encounter Slot 37. My first ES 6 is Frame 10, I don't really understand the Occidentary portion. Also, I'm a moron because I forgot I can push my frames out much further, so this may work.
The PID A777C735 spread? You don't need to use PokeRadar to get slot 6 with that, just get a Cute Charm lead (Pressure should work too if you can't get something with CC or Volbeat/Illumise somehow screw things up, but RNG reporter doesn't support Pressure leads).

The PID A777C735 spread? You don't need to use PokeRadar to get slot 6 with that, just get a Cute Charm lead (Pressure should work too if you can't get something with CC or Volbeat/Illumise somehow screw things up, but RNG reporter doesn't support Pressure leads).
Yep, that PID. And you lost me on Cute Charm lead.

From SQSR

30/31/31/31/31/31 : Frame 2,890,882,143

31/31/31/30/31/31 : Frame 4,197,705,712

Neither are really feasible to do a regular "sit and wait" Emerald RNG. Anyway you will need to find a way to check your frame on frames above 500M when you are checking what frame you are on lol
How do people get these frames, where are they documented? RNG Reporter crashes on me whenever I try to load 500M+ frames.
Also, could this be tracked with Kaphotics LUA script or do I need more software?

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
From SQSR
How do people get these frames, where are they documented? RNG Reporter crashes on me whenever I try to load 500M+ frames.
Also, could this be tracked with Kaphotics LUA script or do I need more software?
As a side note, RNG Reporter should easily be able to handle that much but it's not a problem anyway.

These spreads are documented in RNG Reporter, so once you find the PID you like using RNG Reporter "IVs to PID / Seed" (or whatever it is), I then use Kaphotics' "findframe.py" which you can find on the Pokemon RNG subreddit. If you plug in a PID, it gives you the IVs for Method 1, 2, 4 and what frame it is on for Emerald.

Lua script is all you need. Just keep in mind there will be a difference between the actual frame and the frame displayed on the lua script. So if you press A when the lua script says "100" but actually you hit frame "200" according to RNG Reporter, you simply just wait until 100 frames before your target.

Literally the only software you need is RNG Reporter (or PPRNG), findframe.py, lua scripts.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ah rats, I was hoping someone'd tell me there was some kind of modified VBA that runs at 100,000%.
Oh well, I have some other things I could do.
Since you're RNGing for TID/SID already, there is a shortcut.
Once the game generates your TID (quite frankly, I have no idea how it does so, but whatever...) that becomes your new seed. This means that if you just reset on the part where your TID is set (just after confirming your character's name), if you can complete the RNG in one take from there, you can use that as your seed. I've attached a .csv file of all of the ones that occur before the frame mentioned before. So basically, if you get any of those TIDs, you've skipped to the listed frame.

Attachments

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Once the game generates your TID (quite frankly, I have no idea how it does so, but whatever...) that becomes your new seed. This means that if you just reset on the part where your TID is set (just after confirming your character's name), if you can complete the RNG in one take from there, you can use that as your seed. I've attached a .csv file of all of the ones that occur before the frame mentioned before. So basically, if you get any of those TIDs, you've skipped to the listed frame.
It runs on a 16Mhz clock (so a little under 27,000 cycles per frame). Starts running when you press "New Game", and your TID is the value it stops at after you press A to finalise your name. Haven't bothered to test what happens if you need to re-do your name actually.

I'm not sure I understand, doesn't battery-dry Emerald always start from frame 1?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)