Media Yu-Gi-Oh discussion

jrp

Banned deucer.
So basically list is gonna probably kill dracopals and slightly nerf kozmo while keeping people interested in them so that shvi sells. I bet BA is going to be unplayable after this list as well

They never hit tcg exclusives until they're done releasing shit for them, so order 66 won't happen until the list after shining victories.

honestly, monarchs would be fine if only the field spell got hit. Locking out ppl from the extra is really fucking stupid, and monarchs can still do cool shit with the r5 engine that ppl were running at vegas. I dont think that tcg should get the pantheism hit since that would absolutely ruin the deck.

atm im playing bird.dek and it's hilarious being able to drop double infinity in one turn. It's also unlikely to ever get hit which is nice

What is the point of erratas if Konami purposely makes more broken cards?

Sangan will be limited in the OCG and finally they take out Thousand Eyes from the list...that thing wasn't broken for years now.

What is the point of erratas if Konami purposely makes more broken cards?

Sangan will be limited in the OCG and finally they take out Thousand Eyes from the list...that thing wasn't broken for years now.
If thousand eyes was at 3 would anything/anyone even use it? I've had a bit of fun messing around with Relinquished decks before the djinn hit, wouldn't object to seeing how a 1000 eyed restrict deck would work.

jrp

Banned deucer.
is this referring to raidraptors? i have literally no idea how they work, would you care to enlighten?
you search. a lot. then you churn out r4s that let you search more

then you draw your RUMs and win if you do.

That's really the main issue with the deck, the fact that you can't search RUMs. They have some neat boards they can make which is kinda cool, necro vulture is absolutely worthless if you see it early game though

Revolution falcon is a neat little boss monster since it lets you bone kozmos if they're out of wickedwitch.

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I used raidraptors a bit and its pretty fun. I especially know how fun it is to fill the board with multiple infinity dragons. I run a cyber dragons deck that focuses on getting that out asap and i'll often end up with an infinity turn 1 and be able to summon another one in the next turn rofl. Very inconsistent deck tho imo.

Can anyone possibly come up with the budgetiest of budgety blue-eyes decks? It's probably wishful thinking since BE staples aren't really cheap (Like, deskbot/blackwing/yosenju cheap) and half of them don't exist in TCG yet. But a friend/coworker is nostalgically interested in the game and I think I can tap that interest if I give him a deck he'll appreciate next Christmas. (By which time the Kaiba structure should be out. Here's hoping for cheap multiples!) I'm not looking for a full extra deck (2 azure, 2 spirit, Michael, Moonlight rose, Aegaion, Cloudcastle, Enterblathnir, maybe a galaxy-eyes rank 8 for Dark Matter plays, that's a pretty cheap extra) and I'm not afraid of cheap techs, (e.g. Fabled Catsith, Dragunity corsesca) but there's no point in trading in on consistency. OCG seems to be cutting Maiden out entirely, which might open options for budget players. I guess I'll see how things go in the next few months.

jrp

Banned deucer.
Yeah I used raidraptors a bit and its pretty fun. I especially know how fun it is to fill the board with multiple infinity dragons. I run a cyber dragons deck that focuses on getting that out asap and i'll often end up with an infinity turn 1 and be able to summon another one in the next turn rofl. Very inconsistent deck tho imo.
we need a rr exclusive way to search RUMs so that hope zexal shit doesnt abuse it.

Its an anime deck so itll keep getting support at least...

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

In effect as of 4/11/16

Banned:
PERFORMAGE DAMAGE JUGGLER
PERFORMAGE PLUSHFIRE
TELLARKNIGHT PTOLEMAEUS
CHICKEN GAME
WAVERING EYES

Limited:
LUSTER PENDULUM, THE DRACOSLAYER
PERFORMAPAL MONKEYBOARD
PERFORMAPAL SKULLCROBAT JOKER
WISDOM-EYE MAGICIAN
ELDER ENTITY NORDEN
THOUSAND-EYES RESTRICT
IGNISTER PROMINENCE, THE BLASTING DRACOSLAYER
DRACO FACE-OFF
REASONING
UPSTART GOBLIN

Semi-Limited:
DEBRIS DRAGON
ALLURE OF DARKNESS
EMERGENCY TELEPORT

Unlimited:
DARK MAGICIAN OF CHAOS
TRAGOEDIA
ADVANCED RITUAL ART
CRUSH CARD VIRUS

WELP

Dracopals are a little more alive here than in the OCG, which banned Monkeyboard and put Pendulum Sorcerer to 1 in exchange for Wavering Eyes at 1

That being said it doesn't look like the TCG gets the newly errata'd Sangan back. Norden at 1 is a surprising move. Wisdom-Eye is at 1 which really hurts OEM, but at least Pendulum Call didn't get hit?

Upstart and Chicken Game both getting hit is kind of a blow to monarchs, which were sort of bricky to begin with, but they'll probably still be tier 1 alongside Kozmo and PK Fire

Can't really complain I suppose! The draw hate is odd. Except for Allure I guess. There's no way that's not gonna get hit at some point in the future again. Kinda sad to see Chicken Game get hit, if only because it'd be really funny in those new Tramid cardss. I just wish they'd be more liberal with their unlimiting, product pushing be damned :( Kinda odd that they'd limit Norden and not Instant Fusion? Don't really care either way I guess, but how often were people running 3 of one and 1 of the other?

FUCK I DIDN'T SEE THE WAVERING BAN
(...What good is a ban though a limit stops it recurring :V)
MY DESKBOTS ARE NOW 1-CARD SHORT OF LEGAL OH NOO

The arc v anime finally finished the Synchro Arc...I hope they don't stay 40 more episodes in the XYZ-Dimension now and finally move over to organizing a plan on attacking the Fusion Dimension.

I think Konami's reasoning for Chicken Game is that it was one of the primary enablers of Monarch FTK (it and Pseudo Space made the deck really consistent while also lowering your LP enough to pop Life Equalizer) so they decided to ban it since it's also so generic. I can't understand their reasoning for limiting Upstart, though - either ban it or keep it at 3

Agreed on the Norden point, limiting it only really hurts Mermail/Atlanteans and doesn't really affect many other decks.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I understand the ban on chicken game but I kinda don't like it.. it was a pretty fun card :v I guess it doesn't really add much value to many decks besides ones specifically built around abusing it (FTK or otherwise)... idk tbh, I find banning it outright is kinda dumb but meh.

Limiting norden and upstart seems so random. Norden wasn't really causing troubles afaik? And upstart went straight up from unlimited to only 1 like wut

Can't really tell how much the nerfs on dracopals affect them, 0 experience with the deck. anyone wanna tell me? cuz they seem to be the only meta that gets hit while kozmos (expected cuz $$) monarchs and BAs are untouched.

Really disappointed they didn't even touch monarchs or BAs slightly.. the OCG banlist hit them pretty hard.

CCV will be fun. Any decklists for Restrict?
TER ? It honestly looks pretty bad... it targets and has no protection, but the fact that as long as it's on the field no other monster can attack is intriguing. How to bring it out tho?

Can't really tell how much the nerfs on dracopals affect them, 0 experience with the deck. anyone wanna tell me? cuz they seem to be the only meta that gets hit while kozmos (expected cuz $$) monarchs and BAs are untouched.
hitting draco face-off and wavering eyes is pretty painful and throttles the speed and consistency of the deck, also only 1 ignister is a pretty severe hit against kozmo since ignister is a consistent out to all of their big ships

performapals are still getting support and variants of dracopals incorporating majespecters, odd-eyes, and/or new performapals are probably still going to be decent, but probably not anywhere close to tier 1 anymore

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
TER ? It honestly looks pretty bad... it targets and has no protection, but the fact that as long as it's on the field no other monster can attack is intriguing. How to bring it out tho?
Instant Fusion? Suicide and can be revived later since Instant Fusion counts as a proper Fusion summon.

Fuck, just realised that Solemn Strike wasn't touched. "Hurrah". Jesus Konami hate hitting recent things don't they?

aVocado

@ Everstone
Instant Fusion? Suicide and can be revived later since Instant Fusion counts as a proper Fusion summon.
seems way too slow tbh, but I guess it could have a niche. might try it out, TER is fun af
Fuck, just realised that Solemn Strike wasn't touched. "Hurrah". Jesus Konami hate hitting recent things don't they?
I feel like solemn strike is keeping a lot of shit in check.. but I don't understand why Strike is at 3 when all other Solemn traps are either limited or in Judgement's case banned LOL

I feel like solemn strike is keeping a lot of shit in check.. but I don't understand why Strike is at 3 when all other Solemn traps are either limited or in Judgement's case banned LOL
i'm pretty sure it's cause there's a tin coming out with Strike in it so they want to sell those...

(also solemn scolding is unlimited but it's not very widely used)

As long Norden is still allowed, I don't see any reason to run Thousand-Eyes at all. You need to run some wierd gimmiky stuff to reliabily abuse it, like:
- Instand Fusion + Revival next turn
- Instand Fusion + Forbidden Dress
etc.

Either way, you are giving up 1000 LP, your battle phase and go at least minus 1 for removing 1 monster at best case senario.

I think Rank10Yugioh descriped it best on his video a few month ago:

D/D/Ds and Metalphosis Yang Zings are two of the most ridiculous, combo-intensive decks I've ever tried learning. The skill ceiling on D/D/Ds is enormous and I always feel like there's a better play I could be making. Metalphosis Yang Zings are a little more straightforward to use (they have one combo that involves using Baxia repeatedly to pump out level 8s) but are just as potent. I can share combos and decklists if anyone's interested, and I'm not just shouting into the void with this post.

Does anyone actually care about the original anime to the point to consider watching the new movie? I have seen a few trailers and honestly I am really hyped. It is out in Japan today but of course I can't watch it yet.
Though I am reading the TRANSCENT GAME chapter of the manga which is pretty good so far.

I hope it does not end up with a lot of other things I liked and got a movie lately...like Dragon Ball Battle of Gods or Digimon Adventure Tri.

aVocado

@ Everstone
Does anyone actually care about the original anime to the point to consider watching the new movie? I have seen a few trailers and honestly I am really hyped. It is out in Japan today but of course I can't watch it yet.
Though I am reading the TRANSCENT GAME chapter of the manga which is pretty good so far.

I hope it does not end up with a lot of other things I liked and got a movie lately...like Dragon Ball Battle of Gods or Digimon Adventure Tri.
Yes. I also just finished watching the entire original series but I haven't touched the movies yet, and I'm watching GX rn.

Lady Bug

Like the Wind
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hellooooo. I'm glad there's a YGO thread. I used to play it lots as a kid, but nothing competitive, so I'm a total noob. Got interested in it recently after getting the PS4 game and trying out Dueling Network... and now I feel like I wanna get into it. I was wondering if lots of people still play it regularly? Or if there's another place people play online. I tried YGOPro But that seems a lot less popular than DN. I'm enjoying the PS4 game a lot though.

Hellooooo. I'm glad there's a YGO thread. I used to play it lots as a kid, but nothing competitive, so I'm a total noob. Got interested in it recently after getting the PS4 game and trying out Dueling Network... and now I feel like I wanna get into it. I was wondering if lots of people still play it regularly? Or if there's another place people play online. I tried YGOPro But that seems a lot less popular than DN. I'm enjoying the PS4 game a lot though.
YGOPro and Devpro are easier to use since they automate everything and has a fairly small population, most of it casual

DN used to be the largest and is still going quite strong, and is the place where people actually training for regionals/nationals practice online, apparently.

YGOPro will be easiest to use if you're learning the game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)