ORAS UU You're fairly doomed

Still new to the UU scene and it's been a while since I've made a team thread but figured I'd write one out on a team that's been fairly successful. This offensive team is centered around Gardevoir and Mega Houndoom hence the punny title. So let's check out the team!

I started out the team with a core involving Gardevoir and Mega Houndoom. The two compliment each other rather well with Gardevoir picking off weakened threats to Houndoom while Houndoom threatens several Pokemon that give Gardevoir trouble.

Next I needed a hazard setter since what team doesn't use stealth rock? So I decided to role with Empoleon who makes a good offensive rock setter who also synergizes well with both Gardevoir and Mega Houndoom

With Houndoom and Empoleon in the mix I wanted to have a solid Fire+Water+Grass core so I went with Chesnaught who is a solid choice that with the right investment, moves and assault vest can take hits and punch them right back.

I wanted a physical wallbreaker but also a setup sweeper. Haxorus was both in one package and also made a Dragon+Fairy+Steel core with Gardevoir and Empoleon.

Last I needed some hazard removal and someone else to help take some hits for Empoleon. I considered just slapping Defog on Empoleon to handle hazards and set them but I hate giving him that much work especially since him dropping costs me both setting hazards and removing them. So I went with Zapdos who not only removes hazards with Defog but has terrific synergy with Empoleon.

With some advice from all falls down I replaced Chestnaught with Gyarados who proved to have better synergy with the team as well as being a check to Mamoswine and Entei.

With Defog being switched to Empoleon I again took advice from all falls down and added a new offensive hazard setter to the team. Nidoqueen made a great check to various threats including Florges who is a real threat otherwise.

Now let's move on to the set details

♂ @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Trick
First member of my main core with Mega Houndoom. Gardevoir serves as a very reliable revenge killer with a scarf slapped on them. Given the basic EV spread and nature focusing on as much speed and power as possible. Trace allows Gardevoir to come and copy certain moves which they can then abuse to their advantage like Magic Bounce or Water Absorb. Handles threats to the team like Hydreigon, Krookodile and Virizion.
Moonblast - Main STAB for dragons, dark, fighting types or Pokemon resistant to Psychic. Can also save Gardevoir in situations when then Special Attack debuff on the opponent kicks in.
Psychic - Secondary stab for Pokemon resistant to Fairy and Poison types that try to pick off Gardevoir.
Healing Wish - Used to give team mates like Mega Houndoom or Haxorus a second wind to clean up when Gardevoir has done it's job.
Trick - Can cripple walls by forcing them into a move they'd not want to use repeatedly.

♂ @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire -> Solar Power
EVs: 4 Atk/ 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
Member number two of my core Mega Houndoom is a great Pokemon in the UU tier with high speed and a great special attack that is boosted to sick levels thanks to Nasty Plot. With the right threats removed Mega Houndoom can sweep an entire team with little issue. Basic attack EV spread sued with a nature that increases it's speed with lowering it's physical attack stat. Flash Fire was chosen to come in on fire attacks freely while getting an attack boost to Fire Blast.
Nasty Plot - Used to boost it's Special Attack to "nasty" levels allowing Mega Houndoom to sweep and break certain special walls.
Fire Blast - Main STAB to muscle through natural resistant Pokemon and fry Steel types which threaten Gardevoir.
Dark Pulse - Second STAB for hitting fire resistant Pokemon or threats weak to Dark. Flinch secondary effect can help in clutch moments.
Sucker Punch - Mainly used to pick off Alakazam who can be a huge pain for the team.

♂ @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
My hazard remover and bulky offense for the team. Empoleon can come in weak or resistant attacks and proceed to remove hazards before switching out or dealing with the threat. Shuca Berry was used to soften blows from Earthquake when at full HP. Torrent strengthens Scale when Empoleon's health is low as a last ditch effort to do some damage. EV spread allows it to take damage and dish it out while gaining a little speed over slower threats.
Defog - Clears hazards from the field making it easier for team mates to switch in like Mega Houndoom.
Scald - STAB for natural resist Pokemon and burning physical threats on switch.
Ice Beam - Hits Crobat and offensive Zapdos hard as well as several Grass types and Dragons.
Grass Knot - Middle finger to Swampert and heavy Ground types like Krookodile.

♂ @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Substitute
Setup Sweeper and an answer to both Mamoswine and Entei. Gyarados job is to come in on something it forces out then depending on the team drop Substitute or immediately Dragon Dance and start sweeping. Leftovers was chosen to recover health loss from setting up Subs. Intimidate softens the blows from natural and resistant damage from opponents when switching in. The basic Speed and Attack EV spread was picked with a Speed boosting nature.
Dragon Dance - Boosts it's physical attack and patches middling speed to sweep teams once threats are removed.
Waterfall - Main STAB to hit water weak or natural targets. Secondary effect of Flinch also is great on slower targets when it procs.
Bounce - Secondary STAB for opponents resistant to water or weak to flying. The extra turn taken also helps recover health through Leftovers.
Substitute - Allows Gyarados to absorb status and boost behind the Sub from weaker hits that can't break it in one shot.

♂ @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
Depending on the situation Haxorus can either serve as a physical wallbreaker or sweeper. Lum Berry lets it boost while status is thrown at it and start breaking or sweeping next turn. Nature and EV spread gives it maximum damage and speed. Mold Breaker allows it to ignore certain troublesome abilities like Levitate.
Swords Dance - Boosts it's physical attack by two stages to handle slower teams with a lot of high defense Pokemon.
Dragon Dance - Boosts it's physical attack and speed to sweep teams once threats are removed.
Dragon Claw - Main STAB to strike natural threats and other Dragons. Was used over Outrage to avoid being locked into one attack.
Earthquake - With the combination of Mold Breaker lets it threats like Rotom-H that normally is immune to Earthquake.

♀ @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave
The team's hazard setter and bulky offense like Empoleon. Nidoqueen works well with several team members and is my answer to the ever annoying Florges. EV spread and Nature gives it enough bulk bulk and damage to lay down rocks and the hurt. Life Orb boosts it's damage without the negative 10% damage to health thanks to Sheer Force.
Stealth Rock - Hazard of choice to pressure Pokemon weak to Rock or switching in multiple times.
Ice Beam - Used for coverage against threats like Crobat, Gligar, and Zapdos.
Earth Power - Primary STAB for Pokemon like Empoleon, Cobalion and Toxicroak.
Sludge Wave - Secondary STAB for dick fairies named Florges.

♂ @ Assault Vest
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
Heavy hitter pivot Chesnaught smacks around some of the team's persistent threats and soaks up damage aimed towards other members. Assault Vest was chosen to patch up it's lousy Special Defense. EV spread and nature for maximum bulk and physical attack. Bulletproof allows it to come in on moves like Sludge Bomb taking no damage.
Wood Hammer - Main STAB that hits hard even on Pokemon natural to Grass. Have to be careful of the recoil though.
Drain Punch - Secondary STAB used for Steel, Dark and Normal types. Also used to recover HP from pivoting in.
Earthquake - Hits Steels hard that are natural to Fighting and Fire types as well as Nidoking.
Stone Edge - Smacks Pokemon like Crobat, Gyarados, Zapdos and Mega Beedrill.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Heat Wave
The team's hazard remover and defensive pivot for several members. Zapdos works well with Empoleon being immune to ground as well as resistant to fighting moves aimed at it. EV spread and Nature gives it enough bulk plus defense for pivoting in and removing hazards. Leftovers increases it's survivability while pressure can sometimes let it stall out threats.
Defog - Clears hazards from the field making it easier for team mates to switch in like Mega Houndoom.
Thunderbolt - Main STAB for water threats, natural Pokemon and opposing flying types.
Roost - Used to recover damage from Stealth Rock and natural or resisted hits when switching in.
Heatwave - Hits Steel and Grass types that resist Thunderbolt.

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Trick

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Substitute

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave

Any feedback or rates would be highly appreciated. Thanks for checking out my team and I hope you enjoy testing the team out!

Last edited:
Oh yeah man! This team is pretty popping and locking, yo! I love that empoleon! Anyways, I think that you should run outrage over dragon claw on haxorus because despite the fact that it locks you in, you need that extra damage! I also recommend running poison jab over swords dance because a lot of UU walls are fairy type, which kind of serves as a threat to your team. Especially florges. Were almost done just one more simple change. That being running volt switch over thunderbolt on zapdos, because momentum could really help out your team! Scarfed gardevoir is a support mon but it doesn't like taking hits and thats just one example. I'm out of time. Bye.

Ok, time to rate this very nice team :)
Scroll down to the Tl;Dr

• Gardevoir is a very much underrated Pokémon, and that's why I like it, but the Choice Specs set fits better than Choice Scarf on your team. Choice Specs Gardevoir + Mega Houndoom can demolish everything. Psyshock needs to be used over Psychic, bacause with it, you can hit Specially Defensive Pokémon with it, aka Florges. Focus Blast over Trick can be implemented too, Trick isn't all that helpful as Gardevoir can basically lure all the switches, and Focus Blast allows you to hit Steel-Types that resist Gardevoir, such Steelix-Mega and Aggron-Mega. A Modest Nature is better than a Timid because Gardevoir's Speed Tie isn't all that popular. A little change too: Use always 0 IVs in Attack to a Pokémon that hasn't a Physical Type Move, Confusion and Foul Play are a little bit annoying.

Gardevoir @ Choice Specs

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

• I don't know why, but I don't think that Empoleon fits well on your team, it is a good Offensive Stealth Rock user, but the UU Metagame has a lot of better Offensive Stealth Rock users, such as Azelf, Mamoswine, Krookodile and >Cobalion<. Yes, I think that Cobalion's Offensive Pivot Set fits very well on your team, as Cobalion is a good answer to Florges and Porygon2, retains momentum with Volt Switch and keeps with the ability to threat Mamoswine with Shuca Berry. So Cobalion is better than Empoleon in your team.

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry

Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Iron Head

• How you said, your team is very weak to Alakazam, and how Assault Vest Chesnaught is a poor pivot (Yes, I'm serious), you should use Swords Dance Escavalier instead of Assault Vest Chesnaught. Swords Dance Escavalier will trap Alakazam and Beedrill-Mega with Pursuit, and will be your best answer to Cresselia and Sceptile-Mega. It is your Draco Meteor Switch-In, too.

Escavalier @ Leftovers

Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Swords Dance

• Your Haxorus Set is completely outclassed by any other Dragon Dance user in the tier, so you should use Substitute Dragon Dance Gyarados instead of Haxorus. Gyarados can use Dragon Dance in any Pokémon that can't OHKO it, so take care of Electric- and Rock-Type Attacks. Charti Berry is very useful to defeat Aerodactyl-Mega without be OHKOed, but don't buff on it, Aerodactyl still outspeeds you with +1.

Gyarados @ Charti Berry

Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

• How your team is a Bulky Offense, Defog Salamence fits better than Zapdos, Draco Meteor and Fire Blast are very spammable attacks that can demolish everything that isn't a Fairy-Type, but how you have Steel-Type Spam, it isn't a big issue. 0 IVs in Attack to avoid damage from Foul Play and Confusion.

Salamence @ Life Orb

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Defog
- Roost

Tl;Dr
Choice Scarf - Trick - Psychic Gardevoir with 31 IVs in Attack and a Timid Nature >
Choice Specs - Focus Blast - Psyshock Gardevoir with 0 IVs in Attack with a Modest Nature
Offensive Shuca Empoleon >
Offensive Pivot Cobalion
Assault Vest Chesnaught >
Swords Dance Escavalier
Dragon Dance Haxorus >
Substitute Dragon Dance Gyarados
Bulky Defog Zapdos >
Offensive Defog Salamence

Gl with the team :)
I changed basically all the Pokémon xD

Ok, time to rate this very nice team :)
Scroll down to the Tl;Dr

• Gardevoir is a very much underrated Pokémon, and that's why I like it, but the Choice Specs set fits better than Choice Scarf on your team. Choice Specs Gardevoir + Mega Houndoom can demolish everything. Psyshock needs to be used over Psychic, bacause with it, you can hit Specially Defensive Pokémon with it, aka Florges. Focus Blast over Trick can be implemented too, Trick isn't all that helpful as Gardevoir can basically lure all the switches, and Focus Blast allows you to hit Steel-Types that resist Gardevoir, such Steelix-Mega and Aggron-Mega. A Modest Nature is better than a Timid because Gardevoir's Speed Tie isn't all that popular. A little change too: Use always 0 IVs in Attack to a Pokémon that hasn't a Physical Type Move, Confusion and Foul Play are a little bit annoying.

Gardevoir @ Choice Specs

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

• I don't know why, but I don't think that Empoleon fits well on your team, it is a good Offensive Stealth Rock user, but the UU Metagame has a lot of better Offensive Stealth Rock users, such as Azelf, Mamoswine, Krookodile and >Cobalion<. Yes, I think that Cobalion's Offensive Pivot Set fits very well on your team, as Cobalion is a good answer to Florges and Porygon2, retains momentum with Volt Switch and keeps with the ability to threat Mamoswine with Shuca Berry. So Cobalion is better than Empoleon in your team.

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry

Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Iron Head

• How you said, your team is very weak to Alakazam, and how Assault Vest Chesnaught is a poor pivot (Yes, I'm serious), you should use Swords Dance Escavalier instead of Assault Vest Chesnaught. Swords Dance Escavalier will trap Alakazam and Beedrill-Mega with Pursuit, and will be your best answer to Cresselia and Sceptile-Mega. It is your Draco Meteor Switch-In, too.

Escavalier @ Leftovers

Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Swords Dance

• Your Haxorus Set is completely outclassed by any other Dragon Dance user in the tier, so you should use Substitute Dragon Dance Gyarados instead of Haxorus. Gyarados can use Dragon Dance in any Pokémon that can't OHKO it, so take care of Electric- and Rock-Type Attacks. Charti Berry is very useful to defeat Aerodactyl-Mega without be OHKOed, but don't buff on it, Aerodactyl still outspeeds you with +1.

Gyarados @ Charti Berry

Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

• How your team is a Bulky Offense, Defog Salamence fits better than Zapdos, Draco Meteor and Fire Blast are very spammable attacks that can demolish everything that isn't a Fairy-Type, but how you have Steel-Type Spam, it isn't a big issue. 0 IVs in Attack to avoid damage from Foul Play and Confusion.

Salamence @ Life Orb

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Defog
- Roost

Tl;Dr
Choice Scarf - Trick - Psychic Gardevoir with 31 IVs in Attack and a Timid Nature >
Choice Specs - Focus Blast - Psyshock Gardevoir with 0 IVs in Attack with a Modest Nature
Offensive Shuca Empoleon >
Offensive Pivot Cobalion
Assault Vest Chesnaught >
Swords Dance Escavalier
Dragon Dance Haxorus >
Substitute Dragon Dance Gyarados
Bulky Defog Zapdos >
Offensive Defog Salamence

Gl with the team :)
I changed basically all the Pokémon xD
I'll be honest I appreciate your input but saying my team is really nice then replacing the entire team almost not only says otherwise but now no longer feels like my team at all and just your new team instead. Feels more like you just took every Pokemon that is A rank or above and slapped them in place of my current Pokemon making a cookie cutter setup. Sorry if I come off too blunt or rude.

all falls down

thanks ugly god
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, cool team! I like the core you started with (Gardevoir and Mega Houndoom) and like the progression of your team building. Overall, the team is effective, there's just a few Pokemon that your team is rather unable to deal with, and also a few slots on your team that I feel could be utilized more effectively with other Pokemon.

Threats at first glance:
[cm] [
/
] things lured in by Zapdos

I think that the defensive Zapdos is one of the rather weak links on a team like this; it's an offensive team by nature, meaning you rely on offensive checks to threatening wallbreaking Pokemon, and defensive Zapdos just baits in a bunch of Pokemon like this, including Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Mamoswine, Hydreigon, Salamence, all of whom you really have no switch-in to. Your Zapdos set is rather weak and slow; in conjunction with your other slow members like Empoleon and Chesnaught, your team really depends on Scarf Gardevoir and Houndoom for speed control, which honestly isn't really good enough. Speaking of Chesnaught, that set isn't very viable at all; it's very weak, slow, and has no business switching into special moves even with an AV. In this regard I think that Chesnaught is the other weak link of your team; it also baits in some of the aforementioned Pokemon in addition to Entei, which is perhaps the biggest threat to this team. The fire resist is Haxorus and Flash Fire Houndoom, the former of which takes an insane amount of damage and the latter can be bopped by a coverage move. Finally, tacking on another problem of the team, set-up sweepers, mainly CM Florges, can freely switch into a bunch of Pokemon on your team and start setting up and punching holes through your team. You don't really have a good way to kill Florges, since your only Fairy resist can't touch it (Empoleon) and you don't really have any super effective coverage for it.

• Defog > Stealth Rock on Empoleon is one of the first changes I want to address. This goes hand in hand with my next change; defensive Zapdos as the hazard remover isn't the best fit on this team, but rather than replacing it with another Defogger (all of which stack a lot of weaknesses with Pokemon like Haxorus), Empoleon actually works quite well as a Defogger on this team. This means that you now need Stealth Rock on another slot on your team, which brings me to my next change...
  • >
    Stealth Rock Offensive Nidoqueen over Zapdos addresses the loss of Stealth Rock, while also providing a much better Pokemon in general on this team in my opinion; it keeps the Fighting resist and Cobalion check that Zapdos offered, while giving you a great Florges switchin and a good Balance breaker (because before these changes, this team struggled a lot against your typical Florges balance team) and wallbreaker to pave the way for your other Pokemon like Haxorus and Mega Houndoom to sweep. It's much less passive than your Zapdos, meaning that it doesn't bait in all of the annoying Pokemon that Zapdos did.
  • >
    Adding Nidoqueen doesn't address two big problems on your team: the weakness to Entei and Mamoswine. Being an offensive team, this isn't the easiest thing to address, as there aren't many Pokemon that can switch in on these two in the first place. Thus, the best course of action in my opinion is just adding a bunch of offensive checks to these Pokemon. Adding Lum DD Gyarados over Chesnaught gives you a tertiary check to Entei (after Houndoom and Haxorus) and a secondary check to Mamoswine (after Empoleon). Gyarados also fits pretty well on this team, putting a lot of pressure on the other player by being another setup sweeper that shares a bunch of checks to other Pokemon on your team.
Good luck with your team! Here are the sets:

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Earthquake

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave

Hi there, cool team! I like the core you started with (Gardevoir and Mega Houndoom) and like the progression of your team building. Overall, the team is effective, there's just a few Pokemon that your team is rather unable to deal with, and also a few slots on your team that I feel could be utilized more effectively with other Pokemon.

Threats at first glance:
[cm] [
/
] things lured in by Zapdos

I think that the defensive Zapdos is one of the rather weak links on a team like this; it's an offensive team by nature, meaning you rely on offensive checks to threatening wallbreaking Pokemon, and defensive Zapdos just baits in a bunch of Pokemon like this, including Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Mamoswine, Hydreigon, Salamence, all of whom you really have no switch-in to. Your Zapdos set is rather weak and slow; in conjunction with your other slow members like Empoleon and Chesnaught, your team really depends on Scarf Gardevoir and Houndoom for speed control, which honestly isn't really good enough. Speaking of Chesnaught, that set isn't very viable at all; it's very weak, slow, and has no business switching into special moves even with an AV. In this regard I think that Chesnaught is the other weak link of your team; it also baits in some of the aforementioned Pokemon in addition to Entei, which is perhaps the biggest threat to this team. The fire resist is Haxorus and Flash Fire Houndoom, the former of which takes an insane amount of damage and the latter can be bopped by a coverage move. Finally, tacking on another problem of the team, set-up sweepers, mainly CM Florges, can freely switch into a bunch of Pokemon on your team and start setting up and punching holes through your team. You don't really have a good way to kill Florges, since your only Fairy resist can't touch it (Empoleon) and you don't really have any super effective coverage for it.

• Defog > Stealth Rock on Empoleon is one of the first changes I want to address. This goes hand in hand with my next change; defensive Zapdos as the hazard remover isn't the best fit on this team, but rather than replacing it with another Defogger (all of which stack a lot of weaknesses with Pokemon like Haxorus), Empoleon actually works quite well as a Defogger on this team. This means that you now need Stealth Rock on another slot on your team, which brings me to my next change...
  • >
    Stealth Rock Offensive Nidoqueen over Zapdos addresses the loss of Stealth Rock, while also providing a much better Pokemon in general on this team in my opinion; it keeps the Fighting resist and Cobalion check that Zapdos offered, while giving you a great Florges switchin and a good Balance breaker (because before these changes, this team struggled a lot against your typical Florges balance team) and wallbreaker to pave the way for your other Pokemon like Haxorus and Mega Houndoom to sweep. It's much less passive than your Zapdos, meaning that it doesn't bait in all of the annoying Pokemon that Zapdos did.
  • >
    Adding Nidoqueen doesn't address two big problems on your team: the weakness to Entei and Mamoswine. Being an offensive team, this isn't the easiest thing to address, as there aren't many Pokemon that can switch in on these two in the first place. Thus, the best course of action in my opinion is just adding a bunch of offensive checks to these Pokemon. Adding Lum DD Gyarados over Chesnaught gives you a tertiary check to Entei (after Houndoom and Haxorus) and a secondary check to Mamoswine (after Empoleon). Gyarados also fits pretty well on this team, putting a lot of pressure on the other player by being another setup sweeper that shares a bunch of checks to other Pokemon on your team.
Good luck with your team! Here are the sets:

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Earthquake

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave
Thanks for the rate! After some testing on the ladder I made most of the changes you suggested as they worked better over my previous build. The one difference being I tried out Sub+DD Gyarados and got more mileage out of it over Lum+DD Gyarados.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)