Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: May 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celebi - it won't stay long at UU. Everyone will realize pretty fast that Celebi is just too bulky for UU - undeserved
Honchkrow - such a monster... it could be too strong for RU, we will see - meh
Gastrodon - definitely deserves to be UU or even OU. It's such a threat in the current OU-Meta - totally undeserved
Aggron - deserved
Conkeldurr - why not BL ;-; BL would be perfect - undeserved
Alakazam-Mega - perfect
Altaria-Mega - perfect
Quagsire - oh wow, that escalated quickly, uhm... i don't think it will do that much in OU, even though it has a great ability - undeserved
Smeragle - NU... i think just because of the fact you can do everything with Smeargle it deserves to be UU/BL2 - undeserved
Mawile - it's pretty strong with Life Orb/Sheer Force, but yeah, PU is probably the best Tier for it - perfect
Sylveon - just like Conkeldurr and Celebi it would have been perfect in BL - undeserved
Amoonguss - thanks for saving RU, finally this thing is gone xD - perfect
Zapdos - awww, i loved scarfed Zapdos in UU. But OU will be the best Tier for Zapdos - perfect
i dont know if you are trolling or not, but mons dont go straight to bl from ou unless they are deemed to strong for uu

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Celebi - it won't stay long at UU. Everyone will realize pretty fast that Celebi is just too bulky for UU - undeserved
Not?? Really??? Shaymin has the exact same stats and it's not broken. Celebi as also uu in the past and god knows why it rose in the first place.

Honchkrow - such a monster... it could be too strong for RU, we will see - meh
I think krow has a very good chance of being suspected and subsequently banned. It's a stallbreakers that doubles as a terrifying sweeper and it has ways past all its checks.

Gastrodon - definitely deserves to be UU or even OU. It's such a threat in the current OU-Meta - totally undeserved
Gastro isn't that hard to stop tbh. It's not particularly Bulky and ground immune mons typically beat curse sets.

Conk is kinda terribad in ou anyways so w/e. Uu might like to take it for a spin. Same goes for sylveon.

Smeragle - NU... i think just because of the fact you can do everything with Smeargle it deserves to be UU/BL2 - undeserved
Smeargles stats are literally awful and it's competitive use outside webs is limited.

Zapdos - awww, i loved scarfed Zapdos in UU. But OU will be the best Tier for Zapdos - perfect
Zapdos is also very meh in ou. It doesn't do a lot beside being an okay-not-great defogger.

Alakazam-Mega - perfect
Altaria-Mega - perfect
Sylveon - just like Conkeldurr and Celebi it would have been perfect in BL - undeserved

Is it just me or do we need to re-explain how BL works ever single time a tier shift happens?

Anyway,
No. BL is not a tier; it's literally just the banlist for UU. Sylveon and Conk (and Celebi) will be tried in the tier and tested to see if they're too powerful, not just dropped into the banlist because they "look" too strong. The reason that mZam and mAlt dropped to BL is because they were in UU before and were banned.

Also, the reason that Smeargle dropped to NU is because no one used it in RU. The reason it was RU is because no one used it in UU. Saying that it "deserves" to be UU is wrong because no one uses it in that tier. Saying it should be BL2 is wrong because it wasn't too powerful to RU (further demonstrated by the fact that no one used it in RU, allowing it to drop to NU). Those aren't opinions; they're usage-based facts.

Anyway, wtf OU give the rest of the tiers back their Stall mons

Quagsire from NU to OU...that escalated quickly lol.

I prefer to play AG or in-game Wifi, so for the most part it doesn't really affect my gameplay much. I'm not "competitive" thinking... :/

Rofl Celebi don't have this place on UU for me. :) He is to polyvated and can surprise all, he is good in OU and it's his place for me but we will see in the futur.

Not at all. CM+Synth+Heal Bell and better speed and special bulk is enough to give it a niche IMO, but we won't know for sure. Machamp is sure as all hell not being outclassed, it's still damn powerful and tanky.

I, personally, am happy to see Amoonguss go.
you can say the same about cresselias running similar cm sets

Honchkrow is a nice drop…time to go and test this thing out. Amoonguss will be back in RU in two months lol
Wouldn't it have to drop to UU first, earliest it could drop would be 4 months considering quick drops right, plus it'll probably hang around OU until a new stall archetype gets popular

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)