WCop XI General Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.

United Kingdom + Ireland (language: English)
Germany + Austria + German Switzerland + Liechtenstein (language: German)
France + South Belgium + Romandy (language: French)
Italy + South Switzerland (language: Italian)

Spain
Greece
not much a reason to have a team Europe
Way to ignore there are no players from any of those countries, and that Team Europe has always been 2-3 players from Netherlands, 1 odd player, and the rest are france/spain/italy etc rejects.

kjdaas

this girl rly slapped some letters together huh
is a Community Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
He best way to divide Europe imo is this:
Scandinavia: Norway, Zweden, Iceland, Finland and Denmark and his "Colonies".
UK: Great Britain+ Ierland
Germania: Germany, The Netherlands, Flemish, Austria, Germans Swiss, Czech and German Poland.
Italy: Italy, Italianen Swiss,
Spain: Portugal, Spain and Andorra
Greece: Greece, Albania, Macedonia
France: France, French Belgium, French Swiss
Eastern Europe: All remain Big countries.

This will gives us 18 teams(All last years teams -Europe + Greece + Scandinavia + Eastern) instead of the normal 16 and therefore is a big problem. This will probably not be used but this is in my eyes the Most Fair way to divide Europe by language. The Netherlands could also become part of scandinavia but as Dutchmen myself I prefer Germania (named after our language). I don't know how feasible 18 teams but I hope this can be used somehow. I have also not named Small countries like Luxemburg or Liechtenstein but they will know by which team they belong.

I'm not against exceptions if well explained and with solid motivations but I don't get how can a player like PoMMan, that can even show to TDs passport and any other proof that he belongs to UK nationality (=not weakest) not play for UK just for IP. Shouldnt he be included into those exceptions? I feel like he's being mistreated at this point. Thats the only disappointing thing

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
He best way to divide Europe imo is this:
Scandinavia: Norway, Zweden, Iceland, Finland and Denmark and his "Colonies".
UK: Great Britain+ Ierland
Germania: Germany, The Netherlands, Flemish, Austria, Germans Swiss, Czech and German Poland.
Italy: Italy, Italianen Swiss,
Spain: Portugal, Spain and Andorra
Greece: Greece, Albania, Macedonia
France: France, French Belgium, French Swiss
Eastern Europe: All remain Big countries.

This will gives us 18 teams(All last years teams -Europe + Greece + Scandinavia + Eastern) instead of the normal 16 and therefore is a big problem. This will probably not be used but this is in my eyes the Most Fair way to divide Europe by language. The Netherlands could also become part of scandinavia but as Dutchmen myself I prefer Germania (named after our language). I don't know how feasible 18 teams but I hope this can be used somehow. I have also not named Small countries like Luxemburg or Liechtenstein but they will know by which team they belong.
Problem is that there is not enough people for Scandinavia and Eastern Europe. That is why team Europe exists. Other than that, that is exactly how european teams work.

I'm not against exceptions if well explained and with solid motivations but I don't get how can a player like PoMMan, that can even show to TDs passport and any other proof that he belongs to UK nationality (=not weakest) not play for UK just for IP. Shouldnt he be included into those exceptions? I feel like he's being mistreated at this point. Thats the only disappointing thing
I dont even know his case lol, he never PMd me, so I cant really compare both situations.

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Lmao that quote owns to such a high degree, because I too have considered going through the painstaking and not to mention ludicrously illegal process of forging a highly standardized internationally accepted official document in order to play for a different team in the online pokemon tournament. See u all next year on brazil. peace.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
this entire thing is stupid but for what its worth, if any republic of irelanders here want to deconfirm they can but my irish friend said that the RoI is making the switch from English back to (Gaelic? Celtic? Irish?) as the national language and considering how the RoI is not really fans of GB it wouldnt make sense to lump them into UK

again feel free to correct me if im wrong but i dont even know if anyone on this site is from RoI so like lol

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
this entire thing is stupid but for what its worth, if any republic of irelanders here want to deconfirm they can but my irish friend said that the RoI is making the switch from English back to (Gaelic? Celtic? Irish?) as the national language and considering how the RoI is not really fans of GB it wouldnt make sense to lump them into UK

again feel free to correct me if im wrong but i dont even know if anyone on this site is from RoI so like lol
well northern ireland is part of the UK anyway so this is p blurry. ireland and england are basically the same anyway except ireland is way more religious, at the end of the day we are both just ppl who like drinking in pubs

next year just make this tournament so you can either play for the country of birth (posted in signups and logged) or country you currently reside in (ip checked), seems a shame that this lad who was born in the uk can't represent the greatest country in the world when he is clearly very eager to

well northern ireland is part of the UK anyway so this is p blurry. ireland and england are basically the same anyway except ireland is way more religious, at the end of the day we are both just ppl who like drinking in pubs

next year just make this tournament so you can either play for the country of birth (posted in signups and logged) or country you currently reside in (ip checked), seems a shame that this lad who was born in the uk can't represent the greatest country in the world when he is clearly very eager to
Yeah lets all forget the "guerilla warfare" that happened cuz ireland and gb are basically the same culturally..
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Troubles

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Problem is that there is not enough people for Scandinavia and Eastern Europe. That is why team Europe exists. Other than that, that is exactly how european teams work.
This is exactly why I'm wondering what's the point of Team Europe if you're going to let Belgium, Austria, etc be part of the other teams.

There are not enough players from East Europe + Scandinavia, and very few from the Netherlands, and now that you have removed countries like Belgium, they have even less, so Team Europe ends up being ''who didnt get into their actual country team'' + 2/3 people from other countries. What sense does it make that a French player plays in Europe, while a Belgian player plays for France? At this point, you might as well call it Team World, and just allow any reject to join, it would make more sense than what we have now.

If people want to play with their friends or whatever, wouldn't it make more sense to just make a free-for-all team tournament in which you just choose who you play with?

Reading this, something came up to my mind: doesn't someone from France, UK, etc have double opportunities to join WCoP than anyone from Asia?
For the people arguing about UK and Ireland, wouldn't it solve the problem calling the team UK and Ireland (you may be different culturally, though somewhere in the past you were united)?

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
This is exactly why I'm wondering what's the point of Team Europe if you're going to let Belgium, Austria, etc be part of the other teams.

There are not enough players from East Europe + Scandinavia, and very few from the Netherlands, and now that you have removed countries like Belgium, they have even less, so Team Europe ends up being ''who didnt get into their actual country team'' + 2/3 people from other countries. What sense does it make that a French player plays in Europe, while a Belgian player plays for France? At this point, you might as well call it Team World, and just allow any reject to join, it would make more sense than what we have now.

If people want to play with their friends or whatever, wouldn't it make more sense to just make a free-for-all team tournament in which you just choose who you play with?
Yes, there are not enough players from East Europe, Scandinavia and Portugal, and that is the reason there is team Europe. Whats your alternative? No team Europe so players from those regions cant play for any team?

I think Greece should be merged with Europe tbh. Yes, Greece has some of the best old tiers players, but they have few people and they could complete Europe team perfectly.

Hell, Greece players are still eligible for Europe if they lose against Latin America; but Latin America are really screwed if they lose.

kjdaas

this girl rly slapped some letters together huh
is a Community Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
If Ireland doesn't want to part of uk, with good reasons, why can People from Wallonië who wants to be part of France join France. From my knowlegde Belgium is country split in two different groups of people and I may be wrong but do people from Wallonië want to be part of France?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)