Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
spent a good 10 bucks on 11 lootboxes to get enough OW currency to buy my fav mercy skin.

worth?

worth.

also obligatory complaints/thoughts about heroes:

reaper and mccree are goddamn braindead lmao, mccree is especially a bit borked too. bastion is bonkers on defend missions, mei is secretly the best in the game, and junkrat is insane.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
spent a good 10 bucks on 11 lootboxes to get enough OW currency to buy my fav mercy skin.

worth?

worth.

also obligatory complaints/thoughts about heroes:

reaper and mccree are goddamn braindead lmao, mccree is especially a bit borked too. bastion is bonkers on defend missions, mei is secretly the best in the game, and junkrat is insane.
which mercy skin? i got lucky with getting devil mercy in one of my first boxes. also i really dont have any problem with heroes except for mccree and i guess widow at higher level play. though i hope the mccree nerfs are just with his right click damage as he still needed as an anti-flanker for tracer. hanamura is an aids map please remove

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Volskaya Industries is just as bad lol.

Some of these maps are super snowbally where if given the chance, the point is taken within either literal seconds or it takes a century and a half to take/defend.

Really hoping they bring about some more game modes and maps down the line that aren't in the arcade... Game is fun, but is only truly enjoyable w/friends.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
which mercy skin? i got lucky with getting devil mercy in one of my first boxes. also i really dont have any problem with heroes except for mccree and i guess widow at higher level play. though i hope the mccree nerfs are just with his right click damage as he still needed as an anti-flanker for tracer. hanamura is an aids map please remove
the gold/yellow one, forgot what its called. I remember thinking its the only one i liked.

the gold/yellow one, forgot what its called. I remember thinking its the only one i liked.
Are you referring to this one?

It's the Amber skin. I got this one in a loot box too. And yeah, it's pretty awesome.

On that topic, what are some of your favorite skins?

bedouin genji, riverboat mccree, the stuntman line for soldier: 76, safari winston, frog lucio skins, and all the legendary zenyatta skins are amazing. not sure how i feel about blizzard releasing recolors for legendary skins, but i guess you can pick and choose which you like better, so it's somewhat convenient. i wish the 250 skins had a bit more differences from the 75 ones because they're mostly just "better" recolors, but it doesn't bother me that much because i won't be buying them anyways.

i think the skins overall are very well-done in this game, though. can't wait to see what other skins they have in store for us.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
As a person who somehow owns the Stuntman 76 skin I would rather use the First Strike Commander skin from the Origins set.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
i just wish skin drop rates were a bit higher, i'm level 23 and have gotten like 3-4 skins tops, most of them for heroes i don't even play

maybe i'm just Never Lucky but still

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
That feel when you get a pentakill w/reaper ult. Haven't got the teamkill w/it yet but dam feels good.

I had a draft loaded with a large breakdown of each map and how they were viewed competitively, but it decided to delete itself. Rip.

Anyways, as a Reinhardt main, it's really interesting to learn the dynamic of his damage output.

He's mostly used as a shieldbot, but his charge does a whopping 300 damage on pin (the amount Roadhog heals for, for perspective), one-shotting everything but tanks + bastion (who is left with 5 health since armor, doesnt really count) and giving him the advantage in tank vs. tank matchups. Fire strike passes through shields and opponents, and a 100-damage ranged multiple-hit chip is nothing to laugh at. And then there's his basic attacks. 75 DPS in an obscene arc is nothing to laugh at (almost as wide as his earthshatter is long), with several notable times competitively where Reinhardt gets more value out of W+M1 than the casters think he should have gotten.

Thing is, his Fire Strike is somewhat obvious and slow, his charge is stiff and has a hard time catching anything with mobility, and he needs to be very close to use his basic attacks, meaning he's getting shot at by everyone in the vicinity. Which means he's generally good at 1v1s versus people not named McCree, Bastion, or Roadhog, but more than one person can be a real problem to do. Going offensive also means not being a shieldbot, and charging puts you out of position.

Seems that the real hallmark of a good Reinhardt player is when to switch from shieldbot to offensive. That, and to know when to have your shield up and how to not take unnecessary damage.

Also, OW should make a cheater-recognition program and call it Global Offense.

Asek

Banned deucer.
I really hope we get a support that has a damage reduction ability of some sort. Right now all the supps (minus symmetra who is a defense hero imo) have a healing ability, but none of them have a damage reduction ability. It would be a cool addition to the game imo because right now the op heroes are ones that just burst you before you can be healed (MCSKILL) . The only thing close to a dmg reduction in the game is torbs armour kits, and they have a requirement before they can be used and torb is quite a niche hero. If not damage reduction a burst heal would be cool to help get heroes up on health quickly if they survive a burst round from a sniper shot / fan or something. I dont really know how i would implement either of these ideas, the damage reduction would prolly be an aura akin to a lucio effect but that might seem too similar to lucio and they dont want heroes feeling similar, i can imagine a burst heal being attached to a weapon of some description though. Also a damage reduction ability would help zenyatta come back! being one hit by snipers on body shots with no mobility really sucks =/

either way next hero better be a supp. it easily has the least role variety. bit bored of lucio / mercy every game, but mercies ult is so back breaking i think she will always be the go to supp for solo supp regardless

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey i just started playing yesterday, and i had a couple questions.

At what point do games start getting more "competitive." I've lurked the ow subreddit before and seen talk of like team comps of 5 bastions 1 mercy, etc but have no clue how to build a good team comp nor whatbwould constitute a team comp. rn im kinda just picking what i want and it seems to be what others are doing, but is there any point where we all decide what to do or do i have to be in a group of ppl?

Uh how do i play hanzo, hes really fun and ive enjoyed him the most (ive tried widowmaker, tracer, hanzo, reaper so far, and hanzo is the most fun of all followed by widowmaker).

Is there any guide to figure out the basics of what to do like other games like smite / league etc? Specifically common tactics, what characters do etc, or should i just browse hero info in queue

game is different from smite/league/mobas because there are no items or "lane matchups." team comps and objectives are the only variables (though ultimate charges and timer play into that as well). not really sure when games get competitive, because right now i will either play with a huge range of asinine flankers/snipers or mercy/reinhardt gods, but matchmaking at the current point in time is super aggressive, so you will gain and lose mmr extremely quickly from your streaks. i would assume down the line, blizzard will fix that, especially with the game's being super early in its lifespan. ranked mode will come out later this month, so i figure those games will be more competitive.

the general metagame at the moment is double support (mercy/lucio) + double tank (reinhardt/winston) + double offense (tracer/mccree) with the occasional junkrat, bastion, torbjorn, widowmaker, genji, or zarya thrown in. obviously comps will vary far more in actual games, as the above mostly applies to competitive. there are some guides you can watch that will give you general rundowns on matchup, but a lot just comes from experience. i think the cynical nerds guides in the OP are a good starting place.

hero switching is an important thing to take note of, alongside coordinating ultimates for pushes/holds. this is generally easier to accomplish with friends because the general public will basically always attempt to 1v6.

i am not a very good hanzo at all, but for what it's worth, i think you should generally just be in mid-long range and provide vision with your sonic arrow, or just use it to cover your flanks. it's really easy to kill squishies with your scatter arrow if you aim at their feet, especially if they are surrounded by walls, so look out for that. otherwise, just work on your aim and peeking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)