PU PUPL II Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OP largely stolen from Dell
Banner.jpg

Welcome to Week 5 of PUPL II!

The deadline for this week will occur on June 20, 11:30 PM GMT. No extensions will be given, meaning that coinflips will be issued out in the event that both players make an equal effort to get their matches started. The main source of communication are expected to be from VMs, so make use of those when contacting opponents.

Please save the replays/logs of your matches and post them in this thread or they will be considered null. Not only do they add some enjoyment for the spectators and verify matches, but they can also be used for discussions pertaining to metagame development, among other things.

Managers, if you're issuing substitutes of players, be sure to post here explaining the details and I'll update accordingly. All substitute requests are subject to veto, so bear that in mind.

While not required, it's highly recommended that you submit your teams to me, as they help greatly in dealing with cases where a disconnection occurs.

Unlucky Leafeons (1) vs Shoegazing Stoutlands (5)
ORAS: RawMelon vs Omfuga
ORAS: Finchinator vs Jarii
ORAS: Sweep vs HJAD
ORAS: gasquakee vs amber lamps
XY: Imanalt vs Teddeh
BW2: Quite Quiet vs Tricking

Supercilious Swalots (5) vs Half-Blood Prinplups (1)
ORAS: Dundies vs Shaneghoul
ORAS: trc vs EnemyJurist
ORAS: Advantage vs Megazard
ORAS: p2 vs Kaboom
XY: Kushalos vs Hogg
BW2: -Tsunami- vs TonyFlygon

Olivine Octilleries (1) vs Nimbasa Ninetales (5)
ORAS: fran17 vs Optical Real
ORAS: Nudisto vs Evan.
ORAS: lighthouses vs Leru
ORAS: Conor3197 vs r0ady
XY: Terrakion. vs Arifeen
BW2: passion vs Shuckleking87

General Rules:

Standard Rules:
  • All rounds will be best of one.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss.
  • As there are three metagames being played, the lists and banlists for each can and will vary. Managers are equipped with the resources you will need to make teams, but feel free to also pm Akir if you need any of these resources.
Clauses:
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.

• Identity: While using an alt to battle is perfectly fine, if I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, so don't do it.

Good luck to everyone, and have fun!

Last edited:
sorry to spam chat but can i get a sub for trc, he hasn't responded to my message on his profile and he hasn't been on any time ive checked, and i've checked ~5 times

Well I'm going to sleep now after waiting for the best part of an hour and 20 minutes for Imanalt to get on and play me. Hopefully play tomorrow or monday, if not activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)