Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pikachu315111 : One potential reason to use Zygarde 10% over Zygarde 50% could be that it seems like Zygarde Complete got more of its health back after the swarm change from 10% than 50%. I imagine this is because Zygarde 10% has less HP (judging from how Zygarde Complete has 216 base HP which is double of Zygarde 50%'s, I imagine Zygarde 10%'s is 54, or half of the later form).
Maybe, but 10% pretty much forces you to run a Sash precisely because of that bad base HP and likely-uninvested defenses.

That is, unless the activation range is actually quite generous.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Vikavolt's been reminding me of something, just realised it looks like a rail gun. That's so awesome.

Also, is this the first time we've heard the SM title screen music in full?

E: also, and I feel dumb for not getting this sooner, I was pronouncing Drampa with a "pa" as in "patty". But it's probably "pa" in "paw", making it an allusion to "grandpa".
Vikavolt's Japanese does relate it to a gun/cannon, so possibly!

Ooh, good point! I was also pronouncing Drampa with a long "a" but pronouncing it like "grandpa" does seem more fitting.

Pika clone while sounding similiar to pikachu, might be a good pokemon overall if gamefreak recalled to give him nice SPD/DEF.
Resistances: Bug, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Flying, Grass, Ice, Normal, Psychic, Rock, Steel
Immunities: Poison
11 resists and 1 immunity?LOL
Quad Ground weakness. :P Also weak to Fighting and Fire. But still those list of resistances are nice.

I thought Pikaclones usually don't evolve.
GF isn't making the same "mistake" twice. As long as the Pikaclones are solo they can be made stronger (and given a Mega Evolution). Pikachu is shackled by Raichu which is treated as a negative, poor Raichu (just give it a Mega or two already, you can make one have the color scheme of Pikachu if you're that petty).

So, rapidfire question - is Tapu Koko a legendary?
Not be rude but...

Actually I like the new Pikaclone. It's so round and cute... and it's a hedgehog!!
Cutiefly is also very cute, I think.
it's a hedgehog!
3. Togedemaru seems to be another porcupine, and it's very cute. One could argue that the Nidoran lines are this, but they're also original weirdos.
Nope, Spiny Rat. Still cute:

So I had a thought on this. It's more or less certain that there's a guardian Pokemon for each island, so we can expect some thematic similarities between them. Tapu Koko's ability instantly turns the terrain to Electric Terrain and the name of its move according to Serebii is Nature Fury, not a particularly electric-y looking or sounding name. I'm thinking that Nature Fury may be an attack that each of the island guardians have and probably changes type to match the terrain similar to how Nature Power and Secret Power work. The real question now is will each guardian have an ability that changes the terrain?
Oh, good point! That way it assures STAB on the primary focused type. :D

Isn't Dedenne a Fairy/Electric type too ?
Tapu Koko though will most likely be usable.

Serebii says drag queen Basculin is Water/Psychic, Pokebeach says Water/Fairy, which is true?
It uses Psywave in the trailer.

It's definitely Water/Psychic. In the trailer it is "Esupaa" type in Japanese, which is obviously not Fairy.
Esper-type is what they call Psychic-type in Japan.

Inb4 Mega Jynx gets Bruxfish's ability... if it's a thing.
Unlikely though.
Think Milotic would be a top candidate.

I am tempted though to do a Neverending Story-themed playthrough where I just solo it with a Drampa named Falkor.
Drampa, Golem/Gigalith/Golurk, Rapidash/Zebstrika, Mightyena... erm... Gastrodon/Magcargo... a serpent Pokemon to represent the pendant?

One important thing to note is that the fish ability raises the text "Kangaskhan can't use Fake Out!". This probably means it also protects your allies from priority in a double battle aka "infinite quick guard".

Praise the fish.
That would increase its usability considerably. Give it Heal Pulse and decent defensive Abilities and we might have a new cleric on our hands.

GF do have a tendancy to Pokemon that are out of sync. I wonder why...
Probably not to limit themselves. Like people been wanting a koala Pokemon but if they stuck by geography that means they would have to do a region based on Australia to make one. Remember marketability does go into decisions of what Pokemon to do, why do you think Pokemon based on popular animals are advertised and they hold back popular choices (it took us till gen VI to get a fossil T-Rex Pokemon).

Pikachu315111 : One potential reason to use Zygarde 10% over Zygarde 50% could be that it seems like Zygarde Complete got more of its health back after the swarm change from 10% than 50%. I imagine this is because Zygarde 10% has less HP (judging from how Zygarde Complete has 216 base HP which is double of Zygarde 50%'s, I imagine Zygarde 10%'s is 54, or half of the later form).
To me, easier to activate Swarm Change=easier to knock out. 50% more bulk means you might be able to control damage taken more easily. Also since it'll "heal" once changing, 50% could maybe do some stuff before it changes.

I really like most of the new mons, especially Vikavolt. It's definitely going on my team. Charjabug definitely does not deserve all the hate, imo, I feel like they did a pretty good job with it's design overall.

Drampa grew on me, and I might use it if the pseudo-legend isn't a Dragon this time around (and I hope to God it isn't). It's goofy and cartoonish, but that ain't a bad thing, lol.

I have no set opinion on Cutiefly since it's rather basic aside from it's typing, but it does have potential. Too bad I'll probably not be using it anyway over Vikavolt, tho.

Bruxish is definitely interesting besides the name, and yes, the name is what I have a problem with. I just can't pronounce that well and it sounds so fucking silly in the bad way, but whatever.

Togedemaru is pretty cute, and probably my fave of the Pika clones (besides the messy name, once again).

Also love Tapu Koko, but I hope they won't just spam the Fairy typing for the other guardians and/or future legends.

One important thing to note is that the fish ability raises the text "Kangaskhan can't use Fake Out!". This probably means it also protects your allies from priority in a double battle aka "infinite quick guard".

Praise the fish.
Bruxish, the Obvious Beta Patch Pokemon.

I also know of a certain fiery bird that doesn't like this either.

Now that I thought of Talonflame, the questions would be, then:
- Does it prevent moves that have increased priority through abilities (Prankster, Gale Wings)? Likely, given how Quick Quard was changed in Gen VI
- If the quoted post's hypothesis is right and it outright prevents the use of the move (a la Primordial Sea and Desolate Land with Fire and Water moves), does it prevent everyone from using the move or just the opponent(s)?

Last edited:
Okay, new Pokémon time!

Tapu Koko
Wow, this thing is cool. Electric/Fairy is a type I enjoy (especially after my original playthrough of Kalos where I used Dedenne) and the design is amazing. Plus, we're seeing Terrain streamers now! If this guy has good stats and a movepool to capitalize on it, it will likely be a staple in mono-Electric teams. Also, for doubles, it combos well with Politoed (100% accurate, 165 BP STAB move in Thunder...amazing) and with Nekkoara, since Electric Terrain and Sure Sleeper combined makes Nekkoara immune to status.
I plan on trying this bad boy out on my team and I will name it Odolwa.

Charjabug/Vikavolt
Consider the design similarity and typing, I think these are the evolutions to Grubbin. Similar to Grubbin, I'm not all that impressed with Charjabug's design, but Vikavolt is pretty sweet. Reminds me of of Beetleborgs as well as the Gauss Cannon from Doom*, which is always a good thing. And Bug/Electric is a cool typing as always.

*Some one make a GIF of Doomguy firing the Gauss, but replacing it with Vikavolt. Please.

Drampa
Okay, show of hands: who else is going to name this Falkor?
I am tempted though to do a Neverending Story-themed playthrough where I just solo it with a Drampa named Falkor.
Drampa is Falcor from Neverending Story

Drampa:
Well let's get this joke out of the way.
I'm not a huge fan of the design (but I don't hate it at all or even dislike, just "meh"), but Normal/Dragon is an interesting type and it's ability looks cool. The question is, what activated it: low HP or Dragon Claw (i.e., is it a Special Attack only, built in Weakness Policy)? If it's good (and works with my playstyle), it could easily warm itself up to me.

Bruxish
Wow, that thing is hideous. Still, not as bad as Barbaracle. At least it is colorful. Water/Psychic doesn't impress me that much (we already have three good fully evolved Water/Psychic-types) and it's another fish. That ability is interesting, though...

Cutiefly
I swear, Generation VII has some of the cutest Pokémon ever made. We already saw Rowlet, Iwanko, and Nekkoara and now we have Cutiefly. I mean, look at it:

That is so cute!!!!! I absolutely love it! Bug/Fairy is a cute typing for it and JUST SO CUTE!!!!!!

Togedemaru
Well, we have our Pika Clone. And it is adorable. I mean, it looks like Emolga and Spheal had a love child. Electric/Steel is always a cool typing, though it has been done before and I doubt it can topple Magenzone in the higher tiers or Magneton in the lower ones. But who cares, I want a plushie of it. Like, now.

Zygarde 50% has Swarm Change
Not surprised. I wonder if my Hidden Ability theory is correct...or it could be a standard, second ability, allowing for the Ability Capsule to work on older ones...hmm...eh, more likely HA. The interesting thing is that Zygarde 50% has full health, which means one of two things for an earlier theory I had:
Recap on theory: Zygarde, when it has Swarm Change, automatically becomes Zygarde 10%. When it's health is about 50%, it transforms into Zygarde 50%. When it drops low, it becomes Zygarde Complete.
Possibilities on theory:
1) It's completely wrong.
2) If Zygarde's health goes up (items, Rest, etc.), it doesn't revert to 10%.

Also, is it me, or are some of the abilities seemingly tailored to mess with some of the common threats from Generation VI?

Team so far: Rowlet, Tapu Koko*, Iwanko

*Unless it is a Legendary, but it seems weird for them to reveal a new Legend in this way.

And now, after my initial look, I'm going to readthe rest of the thread.

Cutiefly is a fucking awful name though.
I love it.

-Unique typing
-It's move may be a signature
-New ability
-Said to be the guardian of Meremere Island

What do you guys think? Legendary, just a powerful Pokémon the same as the likes of Snorlax and Volcarona, or something new altogether?
It's possible, but as I said earlier, it seems weird to reveal a Legend in a giant dump of new, definitely non-Legendary Pokémon. Also, Electric/Fairy isn't unique.

Actually, to save me time, everyone, stop assuming Legendary status. We simply don't know.

The Zygarde 50% in the trailer has 31 HP IVs which means that Complete Forme clocks in at a whopping 216 base HP.
O.o

Now wait for Vikavolt getting No Guard and spamming Zap Cannon.
That would make me happy.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The way the E3 demo talked about having a battle as an offering for Tapu Koko sounded very much like they were honoring a legendary to me. Maybe they revealed it early because its brought up so early in the storyline (like around the time you have your first rival battle). An NPC also called it a "funny little thing" for it to reveal itself to someone who just moved to Aola.

-Unique typing
-It's move may be a signature
-New ability
-Said to be the guardian of Meremere Island

What do you guys think? Legendary, just a powerful Pokémon the same as the likes of Snorlax and Volcarona, or something new altogether?
it is melemele, as shown in e3. also who says a guardian can't be a nonlegend
Could Swarm change be the second ability of Zygarde?
acctually thats interesting, because they've confirmed that even 50% has it, and changes, so it probably is a hidden ability, or why else would zygarde have not had it before. It could be like zen mode, where only a sp
Eh, Tapu Koko... is it written with the space too?

I have a feeling it is either not its true name or now they start to use new species naming convention. I haven't watched it yet, I'll see it.

Saw it... Kapu Kokeko. They do make new naming convention with breaks/space now.
what is kapu kokeko. Anyway, Tapu Koko is actually Tapukoko according to serebii.
Actually Bruxish is a filefish (relative of triggerfish) because its Japanese name is HAGIgishiri, and filefish is KawaHAGI in Japanese.
Hagigishiri is Kawahagi + gishiri (to grind)

no its a unicorn fish, hence the horn
Completely forgot about Marshadow, but then why trademark its name but not any of the others?

Also don't forget that we have semi-confirmation of a Yungoos evo.

As far as GF revealing a large number of pokemon, I wouldn't read too much into it. By the time XY came out, we already know about: Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Bunnelby, Scatterbug, Spewpa, Vivillon, Fletchling, Talonflame, Litleo, Flabebe, Honedge, Spritzee, Swirlix, Clauncher, Skrelp, Helioptile, Gogoat, Inkay, Malamar, Pancham, Dedenne, Sylveon, Tyrunt, Amaura, Noivern, Xerneas, and Yveltal.

That's 28 pokemon, not including the mega evolutions, which by all indications would point to a large number of new pokemon. Instead it turned out to be nearly all the new lines.
you forgot trevenant and gourgeist and the middle evos for the starters, , not to mention, on the day before the game came out all the remaining pokemon were announced
The only source I saw for a Yungoos evolution was Serebii, who seems to have deleted the claim from his New Pokémon page, so I put it down as 'plausible but not confirmed'.
Didn't he tweet that this was confirmed at hobby fair
Over all opinion of the reveals is pretty good. I like Vikavolt, Charjabug and Cutefly. I love Bruxish. Tagedemaru is okay, don't really like it or dislike it. Tapu Koko is also okay, but the whole two part name thing will bug me if it turns out to not be a legendary (I doubt that it is not but you know). However, I hate Drampa. It is just so dam ugly. That being sad, one terrible mon is fine with the over all good content of mons they showed off here.
how do you not like drampa. I respect your opinion, but I have to kindly disagree. It isn't ugly. I am confused on how it could be a dunsparce evo tho
Talked about it last night on the Orange Island IRC channel so I was able to collect most of my thoughts there. Now that we know its legit:

Tapu Koko:
So is that its actual name? If so that's interesting and it's not like any naming convention we had before. I suppose for a group of Legendaries we can make this exception, also help to show its Legendary status of having a more name-like, well, name than a species.
Design wise a bit of a complicated design, though at the same time fits the "guardian" appearance. Obviously has a bird theme (specifically chicken/rooster) to it (we'll get to typing), its having a shield or shell of some kind that can be combined to look like a bird-lik face. Neat, will the other Guardians have such a gimmick (was talked about in the Orange Island IRC channel maybe they'll have a sort of totem theme going on, Tapu Koko being the head while the others are the body, arms, and legs).
Typing is Electric/Fairy. Well already this sort of breaks the alchemy theory a bit, especially with the idea that Melemele Island's Guardian is of Water (I suppose it could be Air and the Mountain Island one is of water if they make it having to do with ice). However it's a cool typing that's only been done once by a lackluster Pikaclone so excited to see what a Legendary could do with it. That all said, a Fairy Legendary. It begins folk. I don't want Fairy to become the new dragon where a whole ton of Legendaries are part Fairy-type. I get it, fairies are legendary creatures so it's logical to base Legendaries on them. Except Tapu Koko doesn't look like a Fairy-like creature, at best it looks like a spirit (though wouldn't it be Ghost in that case?). Hopefully the other islands will have their Guardians be different types (maybe Dragon and Ghost to get all the mythical types).
Elekimaker is an interesting Ability, one that activates a field effect automatically! Imagine there being one that lets you do this for the Rooms like Trick Room? Also nice to see they aren't abandoning Terrain moves like they've done with other series of moves. If the Guardians have similar Abilities we'll most likely be getting a few more. Though now I'm on the watch to see if Tapu Koko gets Rest or a sleep inducing move. :P
Its Signatrue Move is "Wrath of Nature", sounds like it would be powerful though doesn't sound Electric-type. Fairy-type, maybe? *sigh*
Hm, Hala is using it. I guess on occasion the Guardian may let the strongest trainer on the island use it if they want to battle?
BTW, in the intrductory video, did Tapu Koko just vaporize those Spearow? O_o

Charjabug & Vokavolt:
Obviously Grubbin's evolutions. And as guessed by the majority, it evolves into a Bug/Electric.
But as I predicted, Charjabug looks to be based on the pupa stage of beetles. Also it looks to be designed after a battery pack (hinted by its Japanese name) or generator? And it does have a snazzy pair of shades.
Vikavolt is able to fly yet is Bug/Electric. So either it has Levitate (which would help distinguish it from the Joltic line) or needs another Ability to help it stand out (its Japanese name hints of it being ome kind of gun or cannon, maybe give it Mega Launcher with an Electric-type pulse move?). As I said, if this is a gen bug it's coming off the heels of Vivillon so needs something to not look like a step back. Anyway it looks cool with those jumper cable clamps mandibles.

Drampa:
Well let's get this joke out of the way.
Wait, Normal/Dragon? Well it's nice to see a new type combination (and oddly another one where Normal is first), but for Drampa? It looks either Water/Dragon or Flying/Dragon depending on how you see its design (unless its suppose to be both thus why Normal so it can fly and swim. Hmm, imagine if this thing becomes the ultimate HM slave learning Fly, the Water HMs, and maybe the othe HMs as well). To me it looks like a dragon figurehead (especially with the blank eyes), like CAP's Naviathan. However I am now seeing maybe some airy design, like the sea form could be interpreted as clouds.
Frenzy increases Special Attack by two stages. In the vid it was attacked with a Super Effective attack and brought down to red HP, so the increase is either from getting hit by a Super Effective attack or falling below a certain amount of HP. If Drampa can heal I could see potential in this (and if Drampa's stats are also good enough which is debatable. A random dragon that's very likely not the psuedo-Legendary, I'm getting Druddigon vibes here).
Also one thing talked about in the Orange Island IRC channel, brought up by DHR-107, is could this thing be a Lapras expy? Certinaly looks like it could be, though being Normal/Dragon I'm now doubting it. Could be wrong, and I brought up since Alola will probably have a bit of Surfing to it maybe they'll be introducing more water transport Pokemon (would be nice to have more Pokemon have their model on the overworld... which would be easier to do now that they're using the in-battle models on the overworld).

Bruxish:
... This thing looks terrifying. It seems to be based on the Reef Triggerfish (Hawaii's official fish, thank you DHR-107) and a Filefish (thank you Bulbapedia). Very colorful, though you're probably wondering whu it was combined with a teeth grinding disorder (bruxism). Well it just so happens those two species of fish have teeth and do use them to eat.
Though not sure if it'll help it much, being Water/Psychic it sounds like a Special attacker unless they make it a mix which will probably be more of a detriment then help.
However its Ability, Dazzle/Vibrant Body, might be useful in the metagame. It blocks priority moves, shown when block Kangaskhan's Fake Out or, in the leak video, Pikachu's Quick Attack. Could it (and Stakeout) be moves that revolutionize the metagame or will they be stuck on mons who stats can't really bring out these moves full potential?

Cutiefly:
Based on a Bee Fly, specifically the Bombylius Major, as its name applies its cute. Surprised they released another bug in the same announcement as Grubbin's evolutions, though it being Bug/Fairy does stand it apart.
However, just like when Grubbin was released, there's nothing really to say about it right now. It just is.

Togedemaru:
I question whether this will be its English name. Now for the Pikaclones they usually try to keep aspects of it Japanese name, but still this is a mouthful for an English speaker (especially for a child).
Originally thought a porcupine or hedgehog Pikaclone, it's name reveals it to be based on the Ryukyu Spiny Rat (who's Japanese name is "Togenezumi"). Alright, gives it a "spike" gimmick.
Oh, and its Electric/Steel, so maybe there's also a mace theme to it? Not sure what the Steel-typing will do for it (besides quad weak to Ground).
Lightning Rod is alright if generic, and it gets a new move called "Discharge Strike" which looks... like a Special Electric-typ move. Going to need to know more about it.

Zygardes 50%*2=Perfect:
Zygardes 50% confirmed to not only have access to its other Signature Moves but also will be able to have the Swarm Change Ability. Interesting, I guess there will be a way to change out its Ability (and if that's true maybe 10% may have a different Ability of its own)? Though now this presents a question: Why use 10% over 50%?

That's all my thoughts for now. Time to go through the comments and like/respond.
maybe vikavol could get sniper, to reference the gun
Alright, so I've re-watched the trailer shown a few times now to reevaluate everything I just saw, and to be able to say something here after people have posted their thoughts on these new reveals and... well, the first time I watched it, I didn't feel anything from these new Pokemon, and even now I still don't. These designs all come off to me as either "meh" or "really bad" which is unfortunate since I felt they had something going with the other revealed Pokemon earlier.

The only ones that are kind of interesting to me are Kuwaganon and Jijīron, but even then their designs are kinda iffy.

I dunno, these designs may begin to grow on me later down the road, but as of right now, I'm not really too excited about this reveal.
something interesting is that you used japanese names, so do we know th names most of us have been using are english names?
Okay, new Pokémon time!

Tapu Koko
Wow, this thing is cool. Electric/Fairy is a type I enjoy (especially after my original playthrough of Kalos where I used Dedenne) and the design is amazing. Plus, we're seeing Terrain streamers now! If this guy has good stats and a movepool to capitalize on it, it will likely be a staple in mono-Electric teams. Also, for doubles, it combos well with Politoed (100% accurate, 165 BP STAB move in Thunder...amazing) and with Nekkoara, since Electric Terrain and Sure Sleeper combined makes Nekkoara immune to status.
I plan on trying this bad boy out on my team and I will name it Odolwa.

Charjabug/Vikavolt
Consider the design similarity and typing, I think these are the evolutions to Grubbin. Similar to Grubbin, I'm not all that impressed with Charjabug's design, but Vikavolt is pretty sweet. Reminds me of of Beetleborgs as well as the Gauss Cannon from Doom*, which is always a good thing. And Bug/Electric is a cool typing as always.

*Some one make a GIF of Doomguy firing the Gauss, but replacing it with Vikavolt. Please.

Drampa
Okay, show of hands: who else is going to name this Falkor?

I'm not a huge fan of the design (but I don't hate it at all or even dislike, just "meh"), but Normal/Dragon is an interesting type and it's ability looks cool. The question is, what activated it: low HP or Dragon Claw (i.e., is it a Special Attack only, built in Weakness Policy)? If it's good (and works with my playstyle), it could easily warm itself up to me.

Bruxish
Wow, that thing is hideous. Still, not as bad as Barbaracle. At least it is colorful. Water/Psychic doesn't impress me that much (we already have three good fully evolved Water/Psychic-types) and it's another fish. That ability is interesting, though...

Cutiefly
I swear, Generation VII has some of the cutest Pokémon ever made. We already saw Rowlet, Iwanko, and Nekkoara and now we have Cutiefly. I mean, look at it:

That is so cute!!!!! I absolutely love it! Bug/Fairy is a cute typing for it and JUST SO CUTE!!!!!!

Togedemaru
Well, we have our Pika Clone. And it is adorable. I mean, it looks like Emolga and Spheal had a love child. Electric/Steel is always a cool typing, though it has been done before and I doubt it can topple Magenzone in the higher tiers or Magneton in the lower ones. But who cares, I want a plushie of it. Like, now.

Zygarde 50% has Swarm Change
Not surprised. I wonder if my Hidden Ability theory is correct...or it could be a standard, second ability, allowing for the Ability Capsule to work on older ones...hmm...eh, more likely HA. The interesting thing is that Zygarde 50% has full health, which means one of two things for an earlier theory I had:
Recap on theory: Zygarde, when it has Swarm Change, automatically becomes Zygarde 10%. When it's health is about 50%, it transforms into Zygarde 50%. When it drops low, it becomes Zygarde Complete.
Possibilities on theory:
1) It's completely wrong.
2) If Zygarde's health goes up (items, Rest, etc.), it doesn't revert to 10%.

Also, is it me, or are some of the abilities seemingly tailored to mess with some of the common threats from Generation VI?

Team so far: Rowlet, Tapu Koko*, Iwanko

*Unless it is a Legendary, but it seems weird for them to reveal a new Legend in this way.

And now, after my initial look, I'm going to readthe rest of the thread.

I love it.

It's possible, but as I said earlier, it seems weird to reveal a Legend in a giant dump of new, definitely non-Legendary Pokémon. Also, Electric/Fairy isn't unique.

Actually, to save me time, everyone, stop assuming Legendary status. We simply don't know.

O.o

That would make me happy.
one thing you want to know is it is confirmed that hala uses tapu koko, so it is already owned.

peaswar Kapu Kokero is Tapu Koko's Japanese name.

Also, is Cutiefly a mosquito of sorts? I rarely would have thought that a mosquito would be so cute.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Also, is Cutiefly a mosquito of sorts? I rarely would have thought that a mosquito would be so cute.
I believe Cutiefly is supposed to be a bee fly, at least according to a tumblr post that was linked on another forum.

Look them up, they're surprisingly sinister.

Karxrida Those bee flies really seem more aggressive than they look, reflecting Cutiefly's secondary Fairy typing. Well, it and Beautifly behave like mosquitoes, so we don't necessarily need a "real" one.

No, its not.

This my fellow Smogonites is a Bee Fly. While they are fuzzy and cute as all heck, these little terrors sneak their eggs into bee hives where they hatch and eat up their food reserves under the guise of an actual baby bee.

As for why its a fairy type, its actually very simple; they are also Changeling, a fairy that steals human babies and replaces it with one of their own, where it is taken care of by loving parents until its true nature is finally discovered.

One thing I can't get off of my mind is this thing. Tapu Koko. Now when he came out in the trailer he has his arms together making a sort of Tiki like structure and when I first saw it I thought the bottom of his body looked bland especially with the Mask. Then I got to thinking about Totem Poles and Stuff. I think Tapu Koko is going to be the Top Tiki on a Totem Pole Trio which makes sense seeing as the Top Rung for Tikis usually depict birds. I also have some Mythological evidence so don't worry lol. In Hawaiian Legend there are 4 Major Tiki Gods Ku, Lono, Kanaloa, and Kane. Kane is the ancient spirit of Light and Life. Light being often depicted as Electricity in Pokemon and Life being represented by Fairy (i.e. Xerneas) Kane created the Sky, Earth, and Upper Heaven. Kane is often represented by the Sun and when you look at the Colors of Tapu Koko they resemble the Colors normally paired with Sunlight. So Now that there is One Down. I believe there will be 2 Others following Tapu Koko also having "Mask Formes" to eventually stack on top of each other which I really think is a neat idea for a Totem Trio and then since there are 4 They might add the last one later in the Dex sort of like what happened with the 3 Musketeers Trio and Keldeo especially since like with Keldeo representing the Later and 4th addition to the Musketeers d'Artagnan Kanaloa in some texts can be seen as lesser than the other 3 as well as Kanaloa not existing since the beginning like the other 3 as Kanaloa was spat out by the First gods. These 4 can easily be paired with types as well with the most likely addition of Fairy as all four usually are paired with Life, Crops, Plants, Animals For example Ku, War God and the representation of the East or the Sun Rising would be Fire/Fairy or since Ku also represents Male generation it could be Steel/Fairy too. Lono, God of Harvest and Fertility would be Grass/Fairy and Kanaloa, God of the Sea often represented by a Squid would obviously be a Water/Fairy . Thoughts on this idea? Please link to this speculation if you would like to reference it I put a lot of thought and research into it so It'd be greatly appreciated.

Gen7TapuKoko Formes.jpeg
Gen7Tiki TrioA2.jpg

So...safe to say I'm the only person who sees Drampa as a Dunsparce evolution? It's a normal dragon which basically fits the typing all of the fans wanted and fits the lore well (iirc) and they have the same color scheme and the wings are even at the lower part of the body.

It even looks a bit derpy like Dunsparce.

it is melemele, as shown in e3. also who says a guardian can't be a nonlegend

acctually thats interesting, because they've confirmed that even 50% has it, and changes, so it probably is a hidden ability, or why else would zygarde have not had it before. It could be like zen mode, where only a sp

what is kapu kokeko. Anyway, Tapu Koko is actually Tapukoko according to serebii.

no its a unicorn fish, hence the horn

you forgot trevenant and gourgeist and the middle evos for the starters, , not to mention, on the day before the game came out all the remaining pokemon were announced
Didn't he tweet that this was confirmed at hobby fair

how do you not like drampa. I respect your opinion, but I have to kindly disagree. It isn't ugly. I am confused on how it could be a dunsparce evo tho

maybe vikavol could get sniper, to reference the gun

something interesting is that you used japanese names, so do we know th names most of us have been using are english names?

one thing you want to know is it is confirmed that hala uses tapu koko, so it is already owned.
It just looks very Dragon Warrior Monsterish to be and that is off setting. On top of it, I am not a fan of super weird designs. But yeah, the Dunsparce thing is silly IMO.

So...safe to say I'm the only person who sees Drampa as a Dunsparce evolution? It's a normal dragon which basically fits the typing all of the fans wanted and fits the lore well (iirc) and they have the same color scheme and the wings are even at the lower part of the body.

It even looks a bit derpy like Dunsparce.
The color scheme isn't the same. Dunsparce is all yellow with barely any blue. Drampa only has yellow on its mustache-glasses. And just because the wings are near the bottom doesn't make it likely, those are also its feet. Dunsparce doesn't have a neck
It just looks very Dragon Warrior Monsterish to be and that is off setting. On top of it, I am not a fan of super weird designs. But yeah, the Dunsparce thing is silly IMO.
Yeah. But for some reason, I feel like hawaiians are going to take a pretty big offence to this. You even gave a pokemon a name that is made up of legitimate polynesian words. Again, it could just be me, but I feel the whole thing they are doing is literally trying to make Alola hawaii rather than a region based of Hawaii. It is turning mildly racist...

It's the Bug Type for the Generation so It'll probably get Compound Eyes or Tinted Lens. Compound Eyes would be most likely for then boosted accuracy Zap Cannon
yeah, but we got a regional bird with skill link and a regonal rodent with stakeout and strong jaw, so that isn't a very legitimate argument.

After the same thing happened with TLG just a bit more than a decade ago, I doubt Game Freak or TPCi or whoever's in charge of this is going in for a repeat performance.

I figured out that Cutiefly is a bee fly a few hours ago, but the changeling aspect to it heavily piqued my interest. Speaking of which, does Cutiefly steal the young of other Bug Pokémon, such as Combee and Weedle?

Thoughts on certain Pokemon:

Vikavolt: I really love this Pokemon. It has a really great design (kinda looks like a hybrid of Mega Pinsir and Base Heracross) and a very unique typing for an early game Bug-type. Electric Bug is something no other early game Bug type has had before and considering this games tropical setting and environment (implying that there will be a ton of water-, flying-, and grass-type pokemon) I think this mon has the potential to be very useful in-game. I just hope that its stats don't end up being complete garbage like some of the other early game bugs.

Tapu Koko: This guy looks really unique. Its design looks very festive and seems to represent the alola region's tropical feel quite nicely. Its ability looks like it will make this pokemon amazing both on in game runs and competitively (boosting the power of electric moves + completely preventing sleep are HUGE perks). That being said, I'm genuinely interested in how the player actually obtains this Pokemon in-game considering its the island guardian. My guess is thats its either an interactable pokemon that is somewhat similar to zen mode darmanitan in BW or Hala gives it as a gift Pokemon.

Togedemaru: Out of all the Pikachu clones, this one looks like it will be the most useful overall thanks to its additional steel typing, giving it a plethora of resistances. It looks like it will be pretty amazing in-game if it is availible early since it can counter most of the early game mons pretty well. Like with Vikavolt, I just hope its base stats end up being semi-decent.

Something about Bruxish and the Dazzle ability. Since it's immune to Priority, does that mean it's immune to Pursuit if it attempts to switch out as Pursuit gains Priority?

Reactions: Mq
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)