What's Their Last? - ON BREAK

Matame

New Rules
do i go with nollan's conk for those relevant amazing calcs or litwik for its sheer utility?
n1n1's Amoonguss

I've made a standard Mega Metagross team, and it has the exact same Mons except that I prefer Sub Volcanion and Bullet Punch on Mega Metagross. Based on experience, Amoonguss is the best Mon for the remaining slot; I concur with n1n1 for the same reasons.

n1n1's Amoonguss

Sylveon

I mean it beats Kyu-B decently enough, though tbh I would like it more as a LO (or Pixie Plate) Protect set on this team, but we take what we get :)

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
With a slight lead in votes, BlueSkiddoWeCanToo wins the week with his Sylveon submission! I will add his set, along with the original team, to the Hall of Fame. As for the actual last...

Conkeldurr @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 88 Def / 124 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Hammer Arm
- Wide Guard
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

This is a set I already had that wasn't tailor fit for the team but w/e. It lives a M-Diancie Moonblast, and even though it looks weak af it still has a bit more then enough investment to OHKO Kang with Hammer Arm before any Intimidates. I forget what the exact Atk and Def EVs accomplish but w/e. The reasons I went with conk are relatively simple. One, fightings compliment Metagross really well. Two, as already stated by Nollan, the team's Kyube matchup wasn't the greatest, and it was a pretty simple fix especially with how much investment it has in SpDef. And three, fuck rock slide.

BlueSkiddoWeCanToo if you would like me to use one of your teams, please send it to me by the end of the day so that I can start Week 3!

Last edited:

Paraplegic

relax...
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I am a god ;)
The hell you are... you forgot wide guard :P

e: will write it up in a min
e2: Ok so explaination! This is a set I already had that wasnt tailor fit for the team but w/e. It lives a m-diancie moonblast, and even though it looks weak af it still has a bit more then enough investment to ohko kang with hammer arm before any intimidates. I forget what the exact atk and def evs accomplish but w/e. The reasons I went with conk are relatively simple. One, fightings compliment meta really well. Two, as already stated by Nollan, the teams kyube matchup wasn't the greatest, and it was a pretty simple fix especially with how much investment it has in spdef. And three, fuck rock slide.

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Here's the Week 3 Team, submitted by BlueSkiddoWeCanToo!

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Hyper Voice
- Encore
- Protect

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Substitute
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Here's the description he sent me:
This team was built around the combination of Gardevoir + Genesect, a very strong and imposing offensive duo. The speed and coverage that Genesect provides for Gardevoir allow it to either pivot out while Garde protects to give a better matchup versus a Garde threat or force out faster threats that Garde isn’t fond of dealing with. Volcanion was added to provide a better matchup against Steel- and Fire-types, namely as a Talon switchin since neither Garde nor Gene are very fond of it. Lando-T functions as intimidate support and a way to outspeed and KO Kang with Superpower. Also rock slide flinches are :fire_emoji: 100 :fire_emoji: (s/o shaian). Amoonguss provides redirection and a sleep immune, as well as a nice threat to TR teams that otherwise are a bit of a problem.

But what's their last?

Submissions are due by Wednesday, July 6 at 11:59PM EST!

EDIT: As a reminder, reservation posts are only valid for 1 hour after they are initially posted. If you see someone has an expired reservation post, feel free to take that mon for yourself

Last edited:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Does this mon really need protect?
no imo

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power

Hydreigon because I feel like 2 ground immune is something worth having on all teams if possible. Hydreigon adds a heavy hitting dark type to take out the TR setters, Aegislash and gives me some speed control through TW to get the most out of the slowish LO lando and Volcanion
Hydreigon also gives me a 3rd heatran check. If Lando or Volcanion cant get into play then heatran just wins vs the 4x weak genesect, amoongus, and gard does 0 to it.

edit: ever notice how scary this nigga is? Hes one of the most freighting pokemon imo. Very dark and evil looking with three heads that could tear you apart. but the side heads kinda look like puppets :/

Last edited:
Reserving Terrakion

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Taunt
- Protect

Some of the first things I notice about the team is its terrible match-up against a few threats, notably Zard-Y, Talonflame, Thundurus, and its awkward match-up against other Fire Types, as well as differing amounts of speed control. Terrakion relieves this massively, as it can pressure all of these fires with Stone Edge (or slide if you are a pleb.) Its fighting stab also helps in the Kang match-up as well. Focus Sash is to make sure you don't click x versus Talon, and it helps against other, faster things. Taunt is used because this team is very weak to both TR and Tailwind.

Last edited:

Matame

New Rules

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Tailwind

Mence does two things that Gard highly appreciates, tailwind and more ways to nuke bulky steels. It also serves as a ground immune for Lando to eq by. Doubles intimidate might be a bit messy but bisharp amtchup isnt that bad anyway. Draco is just nice damage on everything.
hydrei is probably the better choice but n1n1 snipped it already (and gave it the most odd set ever)

Last edited:

n10sit can confirm that I just built this team with last mon duggy and its pretty hawt but its also a terrible mon so would not recommend as last mon. Unfortunately no replays saved

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Icy Wind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Gengar is really cool in this slot because some bulky steels can be annoying to this team depending on positioning. Jirachi and Aegislash in particular are really only handled by Volcanion, which depending on sets/positioning/chip damage, might not be all that reliable so other answers to these are important. Gengar also packs taunt which improves Trick Room/Amoongus matchup and Wisp to cripple Kang and other physical attackers that could be potentially problematic. Icy wind provides speed control which the team also lacks. Gengar is really cool early game in general and can weaken a lot of answers to Gardevoir, leaving the door open for Garde to clean late game.

edit: ever notice how scary this nigga is? Hes one of the most freighting pokemon imo. Very dark and evil looking with three heads that could tear you apart. but the side heads kinda look like puppets :/
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-smogondoubles-1549
Not the first to make that observation, fren :p (for those who still have no idea what I am saying, check Hydrei's nickname)

I heavily agree with Tymano in that CharY teams are heavily threatening to the team in its current 5 member state given once they find out that Lando-T isn't Scarf, they are free to nuke things pretty solidly (Volcanion in sun isn't the best and is the only resist on the team). There are also no Rock, Ghost, or Flying resists on the team as of now (this is a big reason I personally have a tough time using Genesect as my team's Steel-type of choice as those are usually solid resists). I don't mind a Dragon here at all, but I think the Flying resist is hard to ignore and there aren't any big Dragon-types that can offer that resistance (#freezekrom?). I will note that if we were to do the Dragon-type route (which is probably the one the builder took), Hydreigon is definitely the best choice imo, except probably with Protect since we have plenty of Steel-type answers (including swapping to Flamethrower on Genesect over TBolt if they are that big of an issue).

Well here is my nomination:

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Tyranitar can help beat many threats mentioned above including Jirachi, Aegislash, Talonflame, and Charizard-Y. The spread basically allows you to move before Latios at +1 Speed, with the remaining EVs into HP after maxing out Attack. Amoonguss's redirection support can certainly help to get DDances off, and once you set up, mons will start to drop. The Lum Berry also means threats like Gengar and Thundurus won't just be able to cripple our TTar so easily, which is nice. You will go down to a Charizard-Mega-Y Solarbeam, but once it has Mega-evolved you take away the Sun which is awesome. Finally, note you need to be at +2 to always OHKO Aegislash in Shield Forme, though at +1 you have a chance to OHKO and Crunch does a ton unboosted anyway which is definitely enough alongside Volcanion and Landorus. Oh also flinches. Yummy flinches. Flinches are love, flinches are life.

There is an issue in that we have no Ground immunties besides Lando-T itself here, but we aren't dealing with getting Choice-locked so it isn't super devastating, and Gardevoir can and should run Telepathy before Mega evolving. I think it is manageable in this particular case since we have Scarf Ice Beam for Lando-T as well as Intimidate and Lando-T packing its own Ground-type immunity. I also think switching to Landorus-Incarnate can remedy the issue if you still think it is just too annoying to not have a mon that avoids Earthquake, as Earth Power does fine and a LO HP Ice can take out opposing Landorus.

Finally, shoutout to n1n1 for not giving Hydreigon Protect even tho we have plenty of ways to hit Steel-types already, can you please change that because otherwise I will probably prefer something else over it almost entirely because of that fact, which is sad considering that Hydreigon is actually a fairly nice fit here. :s

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
since more than 1 guy has mentioned no protect I'll put this to explain better

- Tailwind - Speed control feels necessary to me considering no mons faster than base 100 except scarf genesect
- Draco Meteor - obviously not going to pass on carrying this move.
- Dark Pulse - I said this is for the Aegislashes and TR mons. The team could face problem vs TR
- Earth Power - considering how shitty Amoongus, Genesect and Gard are vs Heatran having another check is really nice.

some of Hydreigons biggest problems are all easily handled by this team. Heres a list
Lando - Genesect takes it out. Amoonguss redirects superpower and Uturns. Our Lando can lower attack of the opposing so Hydre can get off TW then follow up with Draco
Latios - Gardevoir and Genesect both shit on it.
Faeries - Genesect, Amoonguss, and Volcaion and even Lando are all decent vs faeries
Fighting Types - Amoonguss can take all fighting attacks. Gard kills all Fighting, Lando makes them weaker

protect on this mon on this team is absolutely not a must.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 4 SpA / 124 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Tailwind
- Light Screen
- Thunderbolt

Our Life Orb Landorus-T, Fast non-TR Gardevoir, and 140 Volcanion all point to Tailwind support on the team. 140 Speed Volcanion is used to outspeed Choice Scarf Landorus-T in Tailwind, a big tell. As mentioned above, Fires and Steels are bad matchup for this team. Hydreigon probably fits best here tbh.

But here's a meme™ set. This set covers opposing Fire-types and Aegislash by setting up a Light Screen. The Thunderbolt is very weak but it is still a 2HKO on bulky targets weak to the move like Zard-Y and Volcanion. Main draw of Zapdos here over Hydreigon would be that Talonflame is checked in a much more secure fashion compared to using Hydreigon which stops Talon from trading with anything he wishes which makes dealing with rest of his team problematic. Unlike Hydrei and Ttar and Mence you can't really switch into zard but even with Hydreigon or Ttar as your last, a simple lead of Zard-Y + Landorus proves immensely threatening from the bat. You really can't fix a hole like that with 1 slot.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
That team suffers so immensely against straight up Char Y + Venu that I don't even know what to suggest. Tyranitar seems almost necessary.

Yeah, like everyone says, the team lacks a lot of things in order to be fully efficient. This includes:
  • A Sun Check
  • Some kind of speed control
  • Another Earthquake / Earth Power switch in.

Thus, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to put "Offensive/Speedy Support" Aerodactyl (it's a thing in BSD). With the EV spread and (not the moveset) that I've designed, it should be able to care of all the issues above fairly well.

Aerodactyl @ Safety Goggle / Focus Sash / Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 144 HP / 248 Atk / 12 Def / 104 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge
- Sky Drop / Wide Guard
- Tailwind
- Protect

The EV will allows the following:
  • 3HKO'ed by Talonflame's Brave Bird
  • EDIT: I used non-Mega Kang's Stats. It will still survive (Mega's) Fake Out + any of its unboosted moves (excluding Double Edge, but nevertheless has a high chance to survive that as well).
  • Outspeed "Special Attack" Thundurus and anything below
Rock Slide cause STAB, or Stone Edge for greater damage output and avoid Wide Guard. And it's always nice to have Wide Guard, or you can use Sky Drop to stall a certain Mon from doing something. Guaranteed Tailwind thanks to its speed. Safety Goggles because Venusaur will try to Sleep Powder it (as it cannot OHKO it) and another reliable switch in for Spores.

I still perfer Hydreigon or Gengar over this though, and it's too much for one slot to take care of the inefficiencies of the team. Additional alternatives just get worse along the road...

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
Well this is three days late :I No excuses, definitely my bad. Regardless, time for voting! Please post the name and/or set of the ONE user/submission that you are voting for. As a quick reminder, no voting for your own entry!

Was their last...
n1n1's Hydreigon
Tymano's Terrakion
Matame's Salamence
miltankmilk's Dugtrio Gengar
Nollan's Tyranitar
marilli's Zapdos
Test Bot #'s Aerodactyl

Voting ends on Tuesday at 12pm (noon) EST!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)