Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't introduce more speculations here about Syncro Evolution but i just want to state this: the Anime is just a huge videogame commercial so it's natural that a major fighting mechanic featured in the anime will be in the games in some shape or another. How it will be? we don't know and i won't speculate more about it
Like Mid-Battle evolutions? I dont see it as a given that stuff in the anime will be a natural thing to move icer to the games.

Regarding Core Enforcer being seemingly exclusive to Zygarde-100%, and Zygarde-100% being an in-battle transformation, I don't get how everyone insists that Zygarde has to get a fifth move or moveslot upon transforming. Did everyone forget how Hyperspace Fury worked on Hoopa-U? It's a form-exclusive move, but it doesn't involve extra moveslots in any way. Hoopa-C simply can't use the move prior to transforming.

I'm betting that Zygarde-10% or 50% has to obtain the move before battle, then can't use it until it has transformed into 100%. Much more likely than it suddenly gaining a fifth move slot with Core Enforcer in it upon transforming.

I just realized that the dogs name is no longer Iwanko.

I hope I can still make my nickname the name you'd imagine it to be....because I like being a 12 year old sometimes.
Please learn how to correctly read romanized Japanese and stop making puns that only work when pieces of the romanization spelling are forced into a wrong English butchered pronunciation.

Last edited:
well that depends on its stats and its distribution and what other move does it has. We are not sure if it affects abilities that change the priority of normal moves like gale wings or prankster or if it even affect non attacking priority moves.

What i like is the ability of Tapu Koko. In doubles you can pair it with Komala (or its evolution) and make it immune to all status. And in singles it can stop pokemon who use rest to be healthy and stall which means if tapu koko has the right stats and moves it can be a good stall breaker
Tapu Koko could very likely be a major threat to Mega Slowbro that rely on Rest over Slack Off.

Did everyone forget how Hyperspace Fury worked on Hoopa-U? It's a form-exclusive move, but it doesn't involve extra moveslots in any way. Hoopa-C simply can't use the move prior to transforming.
To be honest, how many of us have used Hoopa outside of Showdown? I mean, my Hoopa have just been sitting around in my PC since I got it. I didn't even know that until people brought it up earlier. It's an easy thing to not know.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Well the thing is usually whatever Pikachu gets usually Raichu gets it too. The only exception is the Light Ball boost, but that's suppose to get Pikachu's stats on a somewhat same level as Raichu's. However Volt Tackle, Surf, Nuzzle, etc. more given to Pikachu but can also be utilized by Raichu.
Light Ball and the Cosplay Formes, with the special moves they involve. Time will tell if this generation's Pika-tools will be available to Raichu too, or if Special Pikachu is forced to remain a Pikachu once again. In recent generation, the strategy seems to be to make players stop caring that Pikachu has an evolution at all.

Anyway, between Vikavolt and Tapu Koko, it seems like Electric types are having a good generation this time 'round. That makes up for the quite awful run the type had last gen, and seems to be up to par with Gen V, which gave us plenty of decent Electric types. I also really appreciate the auto-deployment of a Terrain condition, as those were seen all too infrequently last gen. Hopefully, we may even have battlefields where the Terrain is permanently in use, akin to overworld weather. Battlefield conditions in general have been largely overlooked in most games, which is a pity since there are so many interesting ones out there.

Light Ball and the Cosplay Formes, with the special moves they involve. Time will tell if this generation's Pika-tools will be available to Raichu too, or if Special Pikachu is forced to remain a Pikachu once again. In recent generation, the strategy seems to be to make players stop caring that Pikachu has an evolution at all.

Anyway, between Vikavolt and Tapu Koko, it seems like Electric types are having a good generation this time 'round. That makes up for the quite awful run the type had last gen, and seems to be up to par with Gen V, which gave us plenty of decent Electric types. I also really appreciate the auto-deployment of a Terrain condition, as those were seen all too infrequently last gen. Hopefully, we may even have battlefields where the Terrain is permanently in use, akin to overworld weather. Battlefield conditions in general have been largely overlooked in most games, which is a pity since there are so many interesting ones out there.
In the case of overworld weather like terrain, both Grassy and Electric will be easy to incorporate. I mean, Electric Terrain appearing in an area could also be an indicator that Magneton and Nosepass can evolve there.

Not sure if this has been said, but the vibes I'm getting from Tapu Koko is that it plays a similar role in these games that Suicune & Azelf did. That is, it's probably legendary group member that interacts the most with the player or has some sort of greater role in the story.

I can't recall other pokemon being known as guardians of a location and not having any legendary status. Maybe the player tries to convince Tapu Koko early or mid-game to help defeat a threat and to do so you must defeat it. At least it looks really cool.

also, quick guesses:

• Popplio & its evos are fast. Learns agility, bounce, helping hand, bubble beam.
  • Drampa is slow with middling bulk but with equal attacking stats. Probably a good in game pokemon.
  • Vikavolt will be good, a top tier pokemon.
  • Ivanko or Rockruff will evolve by leaving it in a daycare or something similar.
  • Rowlet and its evos won't be fast, probably average to slow speed.
rowlet is said to be a fast pokemon on the website
I won't introduce more speculations here about Syncro Evolution but i just want to state this: the Anime is just a huge videogame commercial so it's natural that a major fighting mechanic featured in the anime will be in the games in some shape or another. How it will be? we don't know and i won't speculate more about it

Now

Yes but in the spanish site ( http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/es-es/pokemon/tapu-koko/ ) says that this pokemon is a native god (dios nativo) which can make you ask if this pokemon is a legendary or not
native od is a mistraslation. It is supposed to be a local guardian. Either way, the LEGENDARY FILTER DOES NOT INCLUDE TAPU KOKO. THIS MEANS IT IS NOT A LEGENDARY. THAT IS THE END OF IT

Tapu Koko could very likely be a major threat to Mega Slowbro that rely on Rest over Slack Off.

To be honest, how many of us have used Hoopa outside of Showdown? I mean, my Hoopa have just been sitting around in my PC since I got it. I didn't even know that until people brought it up earlier. It's an easy thing to not know.
BP Lopunny with Lum SD rocks chomp and defensive Scizor core into Hoopa U + av torn T and Stallbreaker Talonflame.

This thing won me more games than it should, basically BP out lopunny whenever they look like they would switch out into Hoopa-u and you just obliterated the opposing defensive core.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

native od is a mistraslation. It is supposed to be a local guardian. Either way, the LEGENDARY FILTER DOES NOT INCLUDE TAPU KOKO. THIS MEANS IT IS NOT A LEGENDARY. THAT IS THE END OF IT
What Legendary filter?

Really? You're ready to make that announcement now, three days after its leak, and with only the bare essentials of its design and lore, just based on the filtering system of the site? Well then, I guess that Zygarde and Magearna aren't legendaries, either...

We have more pointing toward Tapu Koko being a legendary at the moment than we do away. As far as I can tell, the Legendary filter is there for the core legendaries of the games, Solgaleo and Lunala, and pokemon.com has always been somewhat arbitrary like that. Broad statements like "Tapu Koko is not a legendary, that's the end of it", when we barely understand what's going on, don't do or help much.

Not at all.

Reactions: JES

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The Sugimori artwork for Zygarde-10 and Complete Zygarde looks amazing, and Complete Zygarde also looks like a complete and utter beast in design. It kinda sucks that Complete Zygarde is basically an in-battle transformation, but at the same time, it just needs to be at less than half HP for Power Construct to activate, and Zygarde (at least Zygarde-50) is very bulky, meaning it's not hard to get it at just below half with one hit. Not only that, but when Zygarde transforms once its HP is low, it also recovers a large amount of its HP, possibly sometimes to full HP, meaning the transformation basically turns a weakened Zygarde (which itself is kind of a weak Pokemon) into a complete and utter beast capable of some pretty dangerous shit. Core Enforcer and Thousand Arrows together would make a deadly STAB combo. Maybe in the competitive scene, Dragon Dance Zygarde would make for one hell of a monster with Power Construct. Watch this thing kick major ass in Ubers. Better yet, watch as Complete Zygarde gets banned to Ubers, if not possibly Anything Goes. It would be a crazy powerful monster with its deadly STAB combo, super high HP, and its seemingly incredibly high stats including high bulk and extreme power. Complete Zygarde would definitely be up there in the Uber tier or in AG. Speaking of Zygarde in lore, the Zygarde cells are scattered all around the Alola region, while there is a Zygarde in the Kalos region, who seemingly has a relationship with Xerneas and Yveltal, Kalos' two main legendaries. Perhaps Zygarde's lore suggests a connection between the Alola and Kalos regions in their lore and legendaries, and we may see some connection between X and Y/Sun and Moon. Zygarde cores are less prevalent, but Zygarde-complete is basically five Zygarde cores, which means five exist. One is red, one is blue, and my guess is that the other three are green (or maybe a green core, sun-orange core, and baby blue (moon) core). Zygarde's story will definitely be interesting to see once Sun and Moon come out for real.

We have a whole lot of Electric-type Pokemon this time around, almost as many as in BW. We're seeing Vikavolt and Tapu Koko, the latter of which might be pretty cool. Tapu Koko's description makes it unclear whether it's legendary or not, but it being referred to as a "deity" suggests that it might be a legendary. It's not gonna be a core legendary like Solgaleo or Lunala, but Tapu Koko may probably be a legendary among the lines of minor legends. Pokemon.com's legendary filter usually just shows the iconic legendaries of the generation, so...who knows? Vikavolt might turn out good if its stats aren't shitty like most Bug-types, but ever since BW, Game Freak has started to make Bug-types good Pokemon that can be up-to-par with other of the "normally powerful" Pokemon, so there's hope in that. And it'll be a little like Galvantula, and Bug / Electric is a rock solid STAB combo. Oh and we also have Togedemaru. We don't know much about it, but it looks like it's this generation's "pikaclone". *sigh*, it'll probably be ass sadly since its design and name make it blatantly clear that it's Sun and Moon's Pikaclone among the lines of Pachirisu, Emolga, and Dedenne (and Plusle/Minun).

We also have a Normal / Dragon type in Drampa. This type combination is going to be...rather interesting to say the least. It has a type combination of two types that have incredible neutral coverage, but also don't really have anything to say regarding hitting stuff super effectively. They're both solid offensive types in terms of hitting stuff hard but are usually only good for STAB. At the very least, this thing gets STAB on the Normal and Dragon moves, which means that it will have a lot to boast in hitting stuff neutrally. If it learns Hyper Voice and Draco Meteor, it'll be pretty strong as hell, and its typing means it'll likely learn Fire Blast and/or Earthquake as well, which means it can still put up against the Steel-types and such. It has the ability Berserk which ups its Special Attack when it's weakened, and Specs Hyper Voice/Dragon Pulse might prove itself powerful if this thing gets a good Special Attack. Sap Sipper might be good too if it has good Attack, and could make Drampa a lot like, say, Goodra, in that it comes in, absorbs a Grass move, and CLICKS OUTRAGE and enjoys the increased power. It could also click banded Return too.

Bruxish sounds like a decent Psychic-type Pokemon. That ability sounds nice which makes it able to avoid the likes of Sucker Punch, Quick Attack, Shadow Sneak, Extreme Speed and other priority attacks, the former especially. This also means that Bruxish can bypass Protect and attack such Protect users, as well as completely bypassing Endure. It'll be a cool Pokemon and Dazzling looks like a really, really good ability.

Komala is a rather unique Pokemon...it is gonna stay asleep all the time in battle via Comatose? Looks it it'll need to be using Sleep Talk in all of its movesets then. But its concept is hilarious: it loves to sleep and has a strong attachment to its pillow given to it by its parents. Though the though of people drinking its saliva to help sleep...gross.

Anyways, that's a lot of new Pokemon, and it looks like Sun and Moon will have loads of new Pokemon to show. From what we've seen so far, this game will have a lot of new things up its sleeve both for in-game and competitive fields of Pokemon, and the game itself looks to have an interesting story, while the gameplay will be even better. This may also be the best looking Pokemon game pair yet on the 3DS and it'll be more immersive than ever. Can't wait for it to actually come out.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
ScraftyIsTheBest, do we know this is Sugimori?

Also Komala won't have the Sleep status unless inflicted onto it, it's the only status it can be afflicted by. Don't know how that works with its flavor text, but whatever it'll make it a pretty good Rest user.

And as for the whole Tapu Koko being Legendary, once again its treated like its one being and not a species. Usually that treatment is left to Legendaries. It may not be a major Legendary thus why it lacks the "Legendary filter", but a Legendary nontheless. Probably a 580 or 600 BST one depending what kind of feel they want it to have (580 usually means they want you to look at it as with the group its a part of while 600 means you can look at it as its own individual).

Well, since everyone knows that yelling is the ultimate form of authority, I guess there is no more to be said. :D
What if I talk in CAPS, bold, and increase the letter size?

TAPU KOKO IS A LEGENDARY!(in some capacity)

*angrily yelling misinformation*
How 'bout we wait until the games come out before whipping 'em out to compare sizes, hm? Capslock doesn't make you correct and in fact tends to have the effect of weakening your position. Debate is about logical discourse, not volume.

That being said, internalizing your position is also not helping your case. No matter how much you want Tapu Koko to not be a legendary, the evidence thus far does not stack up in your favor.

The interface is more like a PC, though. Also, I wonder what the buttons do, like... you can browse some videos sent from NPC or even make your own in-game? Latter is unlikely though. ...

Gen 7 is looking to be a grand old time for Electric Type users.

..Does that mean we may finally get a Mega Raichu? because I swear that is like almost Half-Life 3 tier in wants for Pokemon.

It's great to see that Electric Terrain is getting somewhat of a buff with Electric Surge. The problem with all of the Terrains (Grassy, Misty, and Electric) is that they hardly have good distribution as it is (hopefully the new games change this), and the Mons that can learn them normally have better stuff to run, so they're all but useless. But having an ability automatically set it like the Weather abilities (hopefully we don't get Terrain Wars...) makes them better, even if just slightly. Electric Terrain is actually a great effect, as not only do you basically get an Electric Gem to your Electric-Type attacks, you also become immune to Sleep, which would actually be a pretty big deal in OU and Ubers depending on how good Tapu Koko is (I'm assuming it's going to have at least 580 BST like all of the Non-Cover Legends do).

Speaking of the Terrains, now that we know of one ability that automatically sets a Terrain, do you'll think there will be more "Auto-Terrain" abilities to follow in the future, such as Grassy Surge or Misty Surge? I'd hope that this is the case, as the other Terrains are genuinely interesting, but as said before, having to waste a moveslot and a turn that could both be used for something better in the long term is a waste. I would personally also like to see an item that extends the turn limits of these abilities, but this is borderline wishlisting as it is.

It's great to see that Electric Terrain is getting somewhat of a buff with Electric Surge. The problem with all of the Terrains (Grassy, Misty, and Electric) is that they hardly have good distribution, and the 'Mons that can learn them normally have better stuff to run, so they're all but useless. But having an ability automatically set it like the Weather abilities (hopefully we don't get Terrain Wars...) definitely makes it better. Electric Terrain is actually a great effect, anyways. Not only do you basically get a Specs/Band boost (1.5x) to your Electric-Type attacks, you also become immune to Sleep, which would actually be a pretty big deal in OU and Ubers depending on how good Tapu Koko is (I'm assuming it's going to have at least 580 BST like all of the Non-Cover Legends do).

Speaking of the Terrains, now that we know of one ability that automatically sets a Terrain, do you'll think there will be more "Auto-Terrain" abilities to follow in the future, such as Grassy Surge or Misty Surge? I'd hope that this is the case, as the other Terrains are genuinely interesting, but as said before, having to waste a moveslot and a turn that could both be used for something better in the long term is a waste. I would personally also like to see an item that extends the turn limits of these abilities, but this is borderline wishlisting as it is.
One problem about field effects like these are that one needs to remember unlike weather which usually has specific team build, the general benefits (Electric Terrain's Sleep immunity, Misty Terrain's status immunity, Grassy Terrain's HP regeneration) are applicable to both teams and the specific benefit is limited to just move power up. There's chance that this will shape the game, but maybe not as much as we have hyped.

Although still, anti-Dark Void is certainly welcome. This will most likely be welcomed in Triples format and maybe Doubles too.

It's great to see that Electric Terrain is getting somewhat of a buff with Electric Surge. The problem with all of the Terrains (Grassy, Misty, and Electric) is that they hardly have good distribution as it is (hopefully the new games change this), and the Mons that can learn them normally have better stuff to run, so they're all but useless. But having an ability automatically set it like the Weather abilities (hopefully we don't get Terrain Wars...) makes them better, even if just slightly. Electric Terrain is actually a great effect, as not only do you basically get an Electric Gem to your Electric-Type attacks, you also become immune to Sleep, which would actually be a pretty big deal in OU and Ubers depending on how good Tapu Koko is (I'm assuming it's going to have at least 580 BST like all of the Non-Cover Legends do).

I don't think it's wishlisting as such as long as you don't say "this will definitely happen" and it's based on precedence rather than just wishing for it out of nowhere. Like, if you'd said it before we knew of this ability it would be wishlisting, but now that we do now...
Anyway, I think it's likely if they're taking one step for electric terrain. Back when weather abilities became a thing, all weathers but the new one were given ability-setters - so there's something. Heck, we could even argue that Taku Poco (I really can't remember it's name goddamn), whether legendary or not; as the guardian of Melemele would be part of a quadruple and terrain-setting abilities could be a unifying theme between them. This could also likely mean new terrains.

Oh! I just realized something. Assuming it gets good fairy stab, Tapu Koko can become a good Darkrai check/counter meaning they'd need to carry Sludge Bomb even more often now.

Think of it, Tapu Koko is an Electric/Fairy (already resists one stab and resists Thunder - a common move used on it) and it automatically lays down Electric Terrain preventing grounded Pokemon (like Tapu Koko) from falling asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)