Big Build Your Own Mafia - Game Over! 43 Winners: Vanillas, DTC, Ditto!

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Note that my PR was just post pictures. I did several things to try and fuck with people because I wasn't sure how specific Yeti people's guesses to be. I decided I was going to post only in pictures to make people guess "Must speak only in pictures" and I thought it'd be a fun challenge to myself after seeing some of the more specific PRs which I thought were great. To fuck with people I also attached images of vegetables in all of my posts until Uncle Sam won hoping that people would think I was trying to hide my real PR.

Anyways, I will say that I think I did pretty well with my PR and had fun with it, but I have to vote jumpluff as the person who I thought really got into her PR.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have read your religious texts with great fervour! Indeed I was particularly impressed by the parable of the LORD smiting a young boy for violating his vows of silence in order to pursue base impulses. I take it the popularity of Jesus among your kind is the main reason most of you remain chaste?
think we all need a reminder of this 10/10 post

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
The role i made was Dipper Pines, the inspect, a role Paperblade started the game with that ended up switching hands at least once

Originally I made it as a Role Cop because I expected a LOT more info roles, and wanted to make mine different. But it was buffed to Full Inspect because of lack of another info role on Strawberries I guess?

My PR was quite possibly the most boring. Glittertext doesn't exactly give me much to work with, and really it was tedious to have to use it for every single post I made.

Overall though gg, as one of the Strawberries from the beginning, watching this chaos unfold was amusing.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeti LightWolf who the fuck made this shitty ass role?????????????????????????
false inspector?
one time use enemy buff?
Placebo effect???????????

FUCK THIS LOL. WHoever made that drawing deserves an artist badge though.
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

I tried so hard to get my own role to contact me and you didn't! I even dropped hints like I was willing to die for it and kill US too. Fun fact due to the wording that made it clear the upgraded role would be village so that whoever gets it doesn't believe they turn wolf or someshit, it actually made the role village again should the condition be fulfilled.

Either way for the role, the fake inspector was a joke, any good role in this game clearly needs a joke role, I did however add a special condition where it could be useful and kill bird roles, to playinto the geese meme.

the Chronic Cough and Asthma Spray were my fav part. Firstly it's a mindfuck effect that's highly detrimental yet if anyone knows it's trick it does nothing, its effectiveness is solely based on how well one can keep the secret. Meanwhile the Asthma Spray was designed to be something one can trick idiots into looking for and wasting roles on to get, the placebo part was added to make sure the role itself could never cure their own Chronic Cough and ruin the fun. The fake inspect also serves as an easy to way to start spreading the the Cough and served as it's main function in the end. Naturally it also serves as an advantage to me and reason for my role to talk to me, since I know the secret anyways.

We also have a very obvious misunderstanding of how the Bad Pun works, as it's very rarely a positive effect, here is the quote on how the bad pun actually works:
Bad Pun:

1. # of letters in it Odd or Even? O/E
2. First letter is capitalized? Y/N
3. Does it include a name of a circus user? Y/N
4. Is it an insult? Y/N

EYYY: Receiver dies and the Bad Pun is destroyed
EYYN: The Pun will return to the Receiver the next time it's given away
EYNY: The Receiver's next actions will happen the night after instead
EYNN: The Receiver's next actions happened the previous night instead, this can revive people.
ENYY: The Receiver's Role PM is sent along with the Bad Pun when sent next
ENYN: The Receiver is hooked the next night.
ENNY: The Receiver will send the Bad Pun back to the Sender regardless whoever they specified at a target. They will be unaware of this change
ENNN: The Receiver learns of these rules.
O???: Odd does nothing, only plebs make odd numbered puns.

Any time the bad pun would cause actions to not happen on a given night, the Receiver would only be told they were mysteriously hooked.
It is nearly always negative unless the holder knows the rules and it's not one use, minus the kill. The logic is simple, again I benefit from it, but also if one learns the rules, this item can wreck house, but otherwise those it's given to have no idea what is happening to them and they will just keep passing it on out of fear. Most hilarious thing is, this can duplicate items, including itself, thanks to time travel causing any item moving happen in the past, okay not duplicating, but fun paradoxes. Not to mention since you learn the pun that was used when given to you, you can just repeat the effect by using the same pun on someone.

Also next is why this role is actually amazing and Haruno fucked themselves over by not coming to me with it. If UncleSam and me are dead, not only does the role revive if it's dead, it will be majorly upgraded. Just due to the nature of this role, I'd be willing to die to get this upgrade in, and have been trying to make happen. Frankly I created this to fuck me anyways, either I'm village with it and now I can viably survive because I gotta die for the amazingness of this role or I'm bad and have a village role hunting me down. And US too, and he surely thought I was being salty whenever I requested openly for him to die when it was just STRATEGY!

Ah but surely you wish to see this upgrade?

LightWolf and UncleSam hunt upgrade:

Having defeated your greatest nemesises? nemesi? uh enemies...

You have been granted monopoly in the smogon salt industry, becoming the true GOAT of smogon, at night you may send in Ignore Everyone Else. During this night you will pierce all protection and gain immunity to everything except kills. You may only do this twice in a row before having to idle once.

You have defeated the foul faker and Ascended to Doghood. This somehow gives you the ability to bend SPACE. At night you may send in Bend Space around USER1 and USER2. Anything targeting one will target the other instead, and both of them will be forced to target each other. Should you target one however, you will target both instead. You may only do this twice in a row before having to idle once.

Your Geese part didn't actually get bonuses from this, so he is kinda pissed. At night you you may send in Goose Censored USER. The target will die, but their body will only be found at the end of the day, leaving everyone, including the victim unaware of the deed till then. You may only do this twice in a row before having to idle once.

You may only use two of these every night.
Fuck You Haruno!

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

I tried so hard to get my own role to contact me and you didn't! I even dropped hints like I was willing to die for it and kill US too. Fun fact due to the wording that made it clear the upgraded role would be village so that whoever gets it doesn't believe they turn wolf or someshit, it actually made the role village again should the condition be fulfilled.

Either way for the role, the fake inspector was a joke, any good role in this game clearly needs a joke role, I did however add a special condition where it could be useful and kill bird roles, to playinto the geese meme.

the Chronic Cough and Asthma Spray were my fav part. Firstly it's a mindfuck effect that's highly detrimental yet if anyone knows it's trick it does nothing, its effectiveness is solely based on how well one can keep the secret. Meanwhile the Asthma Spray was designed to be something one can trick idiots into looking for and wasting roles on to get, the placebo part was added to make sure the role itself could never cure their own Chronic Cough and ruin the fun. The fake inspect also serves as an easy to way to start spreading the the Cough and served as it's main function in the end. Naturally it also serves as an advantage to me and reason for my role to talk to me, since I know the secret anyways.

We also have a very obvious misunderstanding of how the Bad Pun works, as it's very rarely a positive effect, here is the quote on how the bad pun actually works:

It is nearly always negative unless the holder knows the rules and it's not one use, minus the kill. The logic is simple, again I benefit from it, but also if one learns the rules, this item can wreck house, but otherwise those it's given to have no idea what is happening to them and they will just keep passing it on out of fear. Most hilarious thing is, this can duplicate items, including itself, thanks to time travel causing any item moving happen in the past, okay not duplicating, but fun paradoxes. Not to mention since you learn the pun that was used when given to you, you can just repeat the effect by using the same pun on someone.

Also next is why this role is actually amazing and Haruno fucked themselves over by not coming to me with it. If UncleSam and me are dead, not only does the role revive if it's dead, it will be majorly upgraded. Just due to the nature of this role, I'd be willing to die to get this upgrade in, and have been trying to make happen. Frankly I created this to fuck me anyways, either I'm village with it and now I can viably survive because I gotta die for the amazingness of this role or I'm bad and have a village role hunting me down. And US too, and he surely thought I was being salty whenever I requested openly for him to die when it was just STRATEGY!

Ah but surely you wish to see this upgrade?

Fuck You Haruno!
SUB ME OUT OF THIS FARCE!!!!!!!!!!

And just fyi bad pun got changed rofl. What actually happened was none of the above and the person I targetted just got a +3 vote count that they could use whenever.

The role I made was Hoid, though he was supposed to be a game-ending and die without being lynched if lots of people vote him. Idea was, he had to wait until late game, then get just a few votes on himself and win that way.

Yeti

dark saturday
ye i would make BYO2 no conversion but at least this game showed why conversions in vil v maf are full retard lol

i'd also hope to host it when i am not busy/afk af and am actually in the state not missing half the updates completely lel

The only mistake this game had is that there was only 1 OP combo of conversion roles.

BYO2 should be multiple incredibly swingy conversion combos of roles that can never themselves be converted. War of the Cults.

Yeti

dark saturday
kirsche's role was supposed to convert people but when i got it i didn't want mass conversions like that so i nerfed it. however i didn't realize quite what Goo would do and i thought the goo only worked the night after it was announced which twin changed/didn't interpret it as.

war of the cults could be equally fun tbh, the predecessor of this game in BIGS2 had 0 conversions so maybe the clear successor to the "send in a role" legacy is only conversions!

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Oh my god your name is triggering me so much right now.
I think this one is my favorite post itg so I vote whydon (there's also the fact that he didn't end up winning anyway and that was due to factors outside the controlling player's control while the rest of his teammates did too). Granted there were a lot of other noticeable posts, but honestly, I got so lost going thorugh all of that text that only Whydon, Ditto, and Bass' post restrictions stuck out to me in the end.

Interestingly, if there is one thing I have taken away from this game, it is that everyone should become much more suspicious of Walrein in the future. His sin was that he did not communicate well. I warn everyone ever allied with Walrein from this point forward to take caution with him. He lied to his own team about his own role N0 and then proceeded to cut off all ties with said team once he was recruited to another team, including removing all chocolates' access from the chocolate sheet (our bad yes, but leaving us stranded sucked and the no-talking thing blew, which wasn't even required on his end as I found out when I got recruited). I actually gave LN Walrein's alias because I thought the cold shoulder meant whoever Walrein was working with was not interested in collaborating with rest of us or did not intend to win with us ... only to find out I'd be recruited to Walrein's team the very next night with zero notice that this was part of the plan. Strawberries had a good laugh at that.
The only player I talked to that was harder to work with than Walrein was LightWolf. Honestly I'm probably saying that because I underestimated how paranoid LightWolf can be, which is an absurdly frustrating amount.

Twas a pleasure playing with Vanillish Wafer though! He's a nice chap but unfortunately he's pretty easy to take advantage of is the only downside of working with him but that just comes with experience! Keep playing more and try some multifaction games if we ever have any! You'll probably be quite successful at those!

Other than that, I didn't really do much else this game /interact with people that weren't on my team but just let other people target me. vonFiedler told me my results were faked. I probably missed it but didn't find it during my skim through the roles: who was the result-faker?

Edit: Realize I messed up on the lying part; completely missed a message in the original chocolates convo, please disregard that one and was basing that off of my recollection of what was in the sheet.

Last edited:

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Ah yes, I forgot to mention that I did not know which role I submitted was going to be itg (ended up being Walrein's, which though I figured the odds were slim, I hoped that maybe someone else watches Jessica Jones). I basically told Yeti to choose any she wanted, if she needed extra roles/people didn't submit roles that she was going to let in.

Dear USER
You are Wheatley.

You like to boobytrap things a lot. You've even boobytrapped yourself and made yourself essentially invulnerable.

If any user ever targets you for whatever reason, they will die and their action will fail.

You win if you kill eight players this way.

The one I hoped would get in with best troll value. If I had this role n0, this game would be a lot more hysterical. Maybe the number was too small in retrospect.

Dear USER
You are Kilgrave.

You can mind-control people and are a manipulative son of a bitch.

Each night, you may PM Yeti with "Night X - Command Player." You will receive that player's role PM. For the next three nights, you will choose the targets for all of user's actions, except for their votes.

You win if you survive. (allied w/mafia too)

I hoped this one wouldn't get in because I realize upon submitting it how unfun it could be, but with how very troll/frustrating it can get, it was worth submitting. Why come up with a role when you could steal someone else's?

Dear USER

You are The Doctor.

You are such a likeable fellow for a lot of people.

At night, you may PM Yeti with "Night X - Visit PLAYER's time stream." You will visit PLAYER's time stream and PLAYER will become so enthralled with you that they will change their win condition to yours for the rest of the game.

You win if all remaining players are recruited to your cause via your night action. If anyone outside of this faction discovers that such a role exists, you will lose and all of your followers will revert to their original win conditions.

I figured there'd be a recruiter, but I didn't know how many. I thought that if everyone knew this faction existed, it would be too easy, so that's why I put that wincond in... little did I know how this game would turn out.

You are the Two-Headed Juju.

SURPRISE BITCH, you're two players that share the same role. This role dies when both players die. Should one player die, this paragraph will be left out of the role PM on death.

Each night, you may PM Yeti with "Night X - Inspect USER." You will learn of USER's whole role PM.

Once during the day, you may PM Yeti with "Fuck USER Up." You will publicly kill USER instead of the lynch happening. This can only happen once.

You are allied w/village.

I wanted to explore this one after FE2 with gmax/shade and hoped this would get picked if this game were more traditional village/mafia setup.

also Asek man, step up your PR game and do some research son

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
Wait when did I lie to my team about my role lmao

I cut off ties with you guys because I didn't know if the conversion was a one-time thing or what and then I got really busy with work when it became apparent that wasn't the case

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)