Pokémon GO

Tomorrow I'm gonna plant packs of cards near all the gyms I can find around where I work :D I work beside a university campus so that shouldn't be difficult!

Going with the cooler-coloured pokemon types because Team Mystic, obviously :0

Plus with the quick releases Go has been getting, the uk and Ireland might get it tomorrow. Could be a lot of new players around.

As someone being too visionary, I think popular choice would be those with high HP and good defensive type match up. I don't know how gym battles work yet, but if it ft only involves button mashing with dodges and they carry over stats without considering Speed, I fear speedsters like Jolteon would be less popular while tanks like Vaporeon would be favoured.

Also, bite is somewhat common with distribution among usually known scrap mons. Psychics wouldn't seem to survive long....
Can someone confirm if Feint-Attack or Swift never miss? If not, Feint-attack would objectively be the best fast move in the game

I caught a lapras today \o/ is there any kind of rarity scale? I'm assuming it's rare cuz lapras. Also because it didn't show the CP until after I had caught it.

I caught a lapras today \o/ is there any kind of rarity scale? I'm assuming it's rare cuz lapras. Also because it didn't show the CP until after I had caught it.
Possibly. What level are you? I know that the higher the level you are, the more likely you are to run into rarer and more powerful pokemon.

Edit: Actually, after doing some research, it's very likely that the idea of "rarity" in pokemon go might all just be bs. While it's true that you find better and stronger Pokemon as you level up, everyone's experience with the game has been different so far, and something that might be "rare" to one person, isn't for another. Ultimately, any "rarity" lists that are going around right now are merely speculation, as the game has been out for less than a week and there's still quite a bit we don't know for sure about it, especially since the game provides no real in game tutorial, aside from that bit at the beginning with the professor. So unless the creators come out themselves and say there's a rarity system in this game, I think it's safe to say that there's really no such thing. At least, not at the moment.

Last edited:
I'm going on a long drive with my family and I found some really cool pokemon like scyther, clefairy, diglett and blastoise. I got a couple of crashes that made me lose my chance to catch a 190+ cp eevee but other than that it's been really fun catching and evolving 'mons.

Edit: There's also the issue of my battery draining fast. I started with 100% and an hour later it's at 50%. This makes it a bit harder to enjoy the game as you need to constantly worry a out running out of battery.

Last edited:
Oh, um, maybe Niantic should be a bit more careful where users can suggest PokeSpots. (In addition to this I do think they should remove any commentaries as PokeSpots as well. There are plenty of spooky places for Ghost-types, we don't need to disrespect the actual dead to give them another)
Agreed. I was watching a video the other day where pokeaimmd was playing the game, and a 9/11 memorial was a pokestop. While I'm glad the game encourages people to explore, going to a place that has so much heavy emotions and tragedy behind it for the sole purpose of catching a pokemon or visiting a pokestop or gym seems disrespectful.

After studying the duplicate mons I have, it seems to me the best strategy is to keep the mon that has a normal attack of 12 and a special attack of 60, and then liquify the rest into candy (that's how transfers work right?). THEN if you have two mons with the same attacks, choose the one with the higher CP.

For example, the Ponyta I kept has a tackle (12) and Fire Blast (60). Its CP is at the middle of the gauge (102), if I find a similar Ponyta but with higher CP I'll keep that one instead.

That's near to 1.5mil usd, right? That's incredible. Given that Japan and the rest of the EU are hardly contributing to that. Good for them! I hope it stays successful far past being a fad. (And for preference gets people interested in the main series games.)

Pokemon go is now out in the UK! So I downloaded it and it's really strange, sometimes the poke ball does not wobble at all when I'm capturing the pokemon and it stays stationary for 10 minutes...
Its also unusual how so many people have downloaded the game. Many people in my year have, many of which haven't played pokemon AT ALL in their lives!

Pokemon go is now out in the UK! So I downloaded it and it's really strange, sometimes the poke ball does not wobble at all when I'm capturing the pokemon and it stays stationary for 10 minutes...
Its also unusual how so many people have downloaded the game. Many people in my year have, many of which haven't played pokemon AT ALL in their lives!
Yeah, the game is notorious for it's glitches like that. The same has happened to me, too. On top of that, there's the fact that the servers go down a lot. They're apparently working on fixing these issues though.

After studying the duplicate mons I have, it seems to me the best strategy is to keep the mon that has a normal attack of 12 and a special attack of 60, and then liquify the rest into candy (that's how transfers work right?). THEN if you have two mons with the same attacks, choose the one with the higher CP.

For example, the Ponyta I kept has a tackle (12) and Fire Blast (60). Its CP is at the middle of the gauge (102), if I find a similar Ponyta but with higher CP I'll keep that one instead.
From what I learnt from commentaries, about CP and the potential semicircle gauge, that just helps saving stardust resource in long run. I also heard of a Pokémon with just 3 less CP yet 1 more max HP.

Also, remember the whole type matchup is there. 12 Base power is good, but with apparently no STAB because of limited move pool, and bad Normal attack match up....

When it starts, I'll have to memorise the moves common Pokemon can have. Immunities will be a very nice thing.

Yesterday while playing invisible Pokemon were a thing. Had to throw the pokeball at an invisible Pokemon while the circles were around it.

Still got a 129 CP Venonat out of it. :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)