Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

So, I'm trying to make a team based around Mega Diancie + Toxic Spikes, since I have always like the combo "Offensive mon with Protect + Toxic Spikes"

The problem is that I can't find a good Toxic Spikes user that does really well with Diancie, I have been testing with Roserade and Tentacruel, but I'm not really feeling them

Any suggestion?

So, I'm trying to make a team based around Mega Diancie + Toxic Spikes, since I have always like the combo "Offensive mon with Protect + Toxic Spikes"

The problem is that I can't find a good Toxic Spikes user that does really well with Diancie, I have been testing with Roserade and Tentacruel, but I'm not really feeling them

Any suggestion?
Well I know you said that you aren't feeling Tentacruel, but it does resist some types that Diancie can't stand, like Steel and Water. So I feel that might be your best bet. I've also tried Cofagrigus before, and it wasn't too bad.

Toxic Spikers are unfortunately a rare commodity.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Im new

Yea see, im sorry for asking, but whats a core?
A core is 2-3 Pokémon which share synergy in order to achieve a goal. This can include offensive synergy (shared checks, allowing them to help each-other break them down--e.g. Bisharp+Weavile, Landorus-T+Garchomp, Lopunny+Weavile, Talonflame+Mega Pinsir etc.), defensive synergy (the ability to easily cover each-other's weaknesses--e.g. Fire+Water+Grass) or two Pokémon which share a common goal/attribute (includes things such as multiple Pokémon with Regenerator (e.g. Tangrowth+Slowking), setup spam (typically the same setup move--most commonly 2 Swords Dance users), priority spam, intimidate stacking, or one which I've tried out a little which is pressure spam (it's not brilliant (I don't recommend it at all) but can work if you get the build right) etc.).

Yea see, im sorry for asking, but whats a core?
A core is a group of 2 or 3 mons that work well together when you're trying to accomplish a specific goal, you can have offensive cores or defensive cores, the difference between both is that offensive cores are meant to support each other by breaking their common checks and defensive cores are meant to support each other by checking and having reliable switchins to common threats.

Example of an offensive core: A common offensive core is M-Lop + Bisharp, as an offensive core, both of them weaken their checks such as TankChomp and M-Scizor letting one of them sweep or clean late game, Bisharp also supports M-Lop as it takes care of Slowbro and Clefable.

Example of a defensive core: One of the most famous defensive cores is Skarmory + Chansey, as a defensive core, they cover their weaknesses in a more safe and reliable way, Skarmory takes care of fighting types and physical attackers while Chansey takes care of special attackers.

Any suggestion?
You should try Dragalge, it's a viable bulky T-Spike user and it supports M-Diancie since it takes care of Scarf Keldeo, Amoonguss, Venusaur, Clefable and Rotom-W. You can find viable Dragalge sets here: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/dragalge/ou/

Thanks, and sorry for another question, but its for pokemon go and I didnt know where to put i.

Whats the best eveelution for pokemon go?

Thanks, and sorry for another question, but its for pokemon go and I didnt know where to put i.

Whats the best eveelution for pokemon go?
Whichever one you want. Go's battle system is nothing like a regular Pokemon game, and as far as I'm aware there really isn't any performance difference between mons of the same evolutionary stage.

A few weeks back I saw a core posted somewhere of Zard Y-Dugtrio and it was a specific dugtrio set catered to trapping Chansey and killing it, it had a move to lower its defenses and had perfect EV's to take 3 seismic tosses, and I can't remember where the core was posted or who posted it. Does anybody know this dugtrio set or where the core was posted?

A few weeks back I saw a core posted somewhere of Zard Y-Dugtrio and it was a specific dugtrio set catered to trapping Chansey and killing it, it had a move to lower its defenses and had perfect EV's to take 3 seismic tosses, and I can't remember where the core was posted or who posted it. Does anybody know this dugtrio set or where the core was posted?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-creative-underrated-sets-v3.3571340/ bottom of the page as well

Is 252hp/88+def/168spdef still the standard spread for ferrothorn? What defensive benchmarks does it hit? Is there a better spread for the current metagame?

What would you say are some good current anti-meta Pokemon or sets? Stuff that in a vacuum might not seem as impressive, but it's great for taking advantage of meta trends -- such as dealing with the most spammed Pokemon like Clefable, Tornadus T or Landorus T. Something in the vein of Nidoking and Goodra and so on.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What would you say are some good current anti-meta Pokemon or sets? Stuff that in a vacuum might not seem as impressive, but it's great for taking advantage of meta trends -- such as dealing with the most spammed Pokemon like Clefable, Tornadus T or Landorus T. Something in the vein of Nidoking and Goodra and so on.
Yeah Goodra is pretty cool at the moment because it checks a lot of key special attackers in the tier and has amazing coverage, but it's just really hard to fit on a team. Nidoking is good for its ability to break through balance with its amazing coverage, but its been well known for a while. I'd say a really solid anti-meta Pokemon right now is Crawdaunt just how easily it is able to break through common defensive cores such as Clefable, Lando-T, and Rotom-W. It 6-0es most stall teams that don't use something bad like Chesnaught, even phys def Tangrowth has to be careful. In a vacuum it's not the greatest Pokemon around because of its fragility and lackluster Speed tier, because it's easy to revenge kill or OHKO with any super effective attack, but with bulky offense being a very common playstyle Crawdaunt just preys all over them with its almost unresisted STAB combo. CB and SD are both good options but it's hard to find an opportunity to set up so I prefer the immediate power from Choice Band.

Ok so Sand Stream or Sand Force on Hippowdon? I don't have a Sand Team so I'm a little paranoid about the Sand hitting half of my team with it (those members being Serperior, Manaphy, and Hawlucha). Any tips?

Ok so Sand Stream or Sand Force on Hippowdon? I don't have a Sand Team so I'm a little paranoid about the Sand hitting half of my team with it (those members being Serperior, Manaphy, and Hawlucha). Any tips?
The sand damage doesn't matter, it is minimal and remember that it also hits the opponent but that's a tiny detail and if you don't have pokemon that are seriously hindered by sand simply run Sand Stream to mess up with opposing weather and Synthesis users.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Now that I just came back from camp, could someone just quickly brief me on what the current meta is like now, especially from a month ago? thanks frens

Question: Why is Mega Diancie considered good?

IDK whether it's bad luck or bad plays on my part or w/e, but it seems to me that whenever I use it in combat, it seems I'd be better off with something like Metagross or Scizor. (And its Magic Bounce ability rarely comes in handy, because T-wave users (Klefki, Thundurus, Clefable, Slowbro) and entry hazard users (Ferrothorn, Landorus-T, Hippowdon) can all just some sort of attack to cut through its low bulk.)

And while we're on the subject of Megas, why should I use Diancie over Aerodactyl? I mean, they both suck when fighting the Stall, and Aerodactyl has a not-trash Speed tier and can actually outrun enemies. Why should I use Diancie again?

p2

Banned deucer.
great offenses, solid speed tier, ability to keep birds in check, while being able to revenge kill a ton of relevant threats. also another important point is that its a solid dark resist thats pretty splashable for a mega making for a solid bisharp check too

obviously you don't hard switch it into things mindlessly, magic bounce keeps your opponent thinking about diancie coming in and completely dropping all his momentum, it's definitely one of the most meta defining megas right now and i remember being in your spot a few months ago in thinking it wasn't great. then you realise all your teams are weak to it and go "well fuck how do i deal with diancie", it's a great mon.

also aerodactyl is only good for pressuring offense, which diancie can already do pretty well, while being useless v stall, and diancie is capable of breaking through stall with a bit of team help, can put in a lot of work once chansey has been weakened and skarmory has been trapped or weakened too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)