ORAS Ubers RMT: Mega Mewtwo X - HO

Hi everyone, I'm Ray713 - a huge fan of Pokemon. Anyways this is my first RMT with Mega Mewtwo X Team. I know it's a very underrated for a Mega Pokemon but it's also one of my favourite Mega, hope to hear what you guys think.

The team at first glance:

Team building process:

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 52 Atk / 204 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Low Kick
- Taunt
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam

MMX basically checks powerful offensive threats like E-Killer, Darkrai and Mega Kang. I changed the EV spread for MMX to be physically bulkier to have greater surviving capabilities against a +2 Extreme Speed from Life Orb Extreme Killer Arceus after SR damage, assuming that Mewtwo has Mega Evolved already. Rock Slide "Ho-OhKOs". Ice Beam is used to slay Mega Salamence.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 48 HP / 160 Def / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Rock]

GeoXern is a great offensive partner for MMX and is an excellent sweeper in any HO team. Xern checks Yveltal and L@tis and is a good offensive mon vs stall. Substitute is useful to avoid status particularly TWave from PDon or Klefki and Toxic from the Blobs and beats SD Ghostceus. Because Ho-Oh can eat a MBlast with ease that's why I run HP Rock.

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Next step is choosing an appropriate Stealth Rocker. In this case - Offensive SR Dialga w/ Shuca Berry to check Mega Mence and Mega Diancie and has Toxic to put a timer on Defog Arceus which is handy for winning the entry hazard war, Defensive YGod, Lugia and Ho-Oh. If facing a team with a Mega Mence, it's best to keep Dialga healthy as possible.

Latios @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Memento

Entry hazards plays an important effect in the long run. Unlike Defog Giratina-O, Latios has incredible offensive presence and checks Primals and Mewtwo. Modest nature is used to increase Draco Meteor wall-breaking capacity to achieve a certain key OHKOs. Memento prevents Latios from becoming a set-up bait and helps Xerneas, PDon, E-killer to set-up on a -2 Atk, SpA foe.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 96 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge / Fire Punch
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Since I have Dialga as a Stealth Rocker. Now I can run a more offensive PDon set. I choose to run the fearsome Double Dance set for better matchup against stall and offense thanks to 2 of its boosting moves. PBlades put GeoXern's HP at a range of being revenged by E-Killer's XSpeed after rocks. Fire Punch can be use to hit Skarmory, Bronzong as my team lacks a Fire-type move.

Arceus @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Rest
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

Last but not least - E-Killer Arceus. However this is a variation that I come up with and have been using it quite alot (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/creative-underrated-uber-sets-v3-no-gimmicks-plz.3517241/page-6). Since burn, poison and paralysis is one of E-killer's huge flaws as Lum Berry only absorb status once, Rest and Chesto Berry overcomes the situation and doubles as a status absorber.

Threat list:

Ditto: This copycat and to a higher degree if used in Stall Teams can be a huge pain to any offensive team as it discourage set-ups. But a Ditto can't transform if Xerneas managed to get a Substitute up.

LO Yveltal w/ Sucker Punch: Xerneas can't switch into an anticipated OWing which 2HKOs after rocks. Latios is OHKO by Sucker when attempting to outspeed and OHKO with Draco. Also YGod is not afraid to switch out against set-up sweepers. But manageable if you can keep Stealth Rock in the field and safely bring Xerneas in.

252 +SpA GeoXern: After a boost from Geomancy, the only mon to resist any of 2 X 252 +SpA attacks is PDon and ensuring PBlades hits and KO the weakened Xerneas if that's the only way to take Xerneas' life away or otherwise GG.

Ho-Oh: Nothing in my team can switch into Ho-Oh. If the bird manage to come in, and assuming both Pokemon in both side has full HP, it can get a kill on Dialga, Latios, Arceus if it managed to get a burn and significantly damage Xern and PDon. But in the process Ho-Oh will be taking a lot of damage before it could get a KO.

That is all for my RMT. Please give it a rate, critique and suggest any changes. Thank you.

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite X
EVs: 52 Atk / 204 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Low Kick
- Rock Slide
- Taunt
- Ice Beam

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 48 HP / 160 Def / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Soul Dew
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Memento

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 96 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Arceus @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Rest
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

Last edited:
Hi hi !
This a really nice and creative team with Mega Mewtwo-X, if you don't mind I'd like to suggest you a couple of things that would improve and help your team to play against the threats you've mentioned without breaking the synergy of it.

First of all, I can see that your team is weak to bird spam as you dont have a solid switch in so it might be a little uncomfortable for you to play around Ho-Oh, Salamence and Yveltal (as you mentioned in your threat list).
Since you're using Mega Mewtwo-X and bird spam is pretty popular in ORAS CM Arceus-Rock fits perfectly here, this obviously means you'd have to replace Arceus-Normal, I know that the set you currently have is pretty creative but Arceus-Rock is the best form for this team because of its great fly coverage.

Lets talk about your rock setter which is Dialga, this pokémon is generally good in bulk offense its item shuca berry helps versus Primal Groudon but due your steel type pokémon isn't resistence enough to deal with fairy types you should consider Bronzong instead of Dialga. Bronzong does a nice job setting rocks up and as Xerneas check. Also, its ability Levitate gives you ground resistence, this pokémon works similar but even better than Dialga!
Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp/Refresh
- Recover
- Judgment

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Skill Swap

Movesets Suggestions
  • Mega Mewtwo-X: If you follow the recommendations I've made, you shouldn't need Rock Slide on MMX and Earthquake is a nice move you could use to hit Groudon and Gengar. Also you should replace Ice Beam and put instead Ice Punch as it is a physical attack.
  • Xerneas: Consider Rest Sleep Talk bulk Xerneas set, this one can help you vs darkrai and klefki, it's a pretty nice late game sweeper. If you feel your team is extremely weak to Darkrai use Choice Scarf Xerneas but I personally think you can play around this pokémon.
    Xerneas @ Power Herb
    EVs: 252 Def / 208 SpA / 48 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Geomancy
    - Moonblast
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
  • Latios: In my opinion Roost is very important when you are using Defog Latios so you should take out Memento as it helps you to recover if you receive any kind of damage.

That's all, good luck with your team. :)

Last edited:
Hi I do like your team but after laddering with it for alittle bit I came across acouple of problems that can be fixed.
1.)Geoxern is fine but for the HO build that your running your far better off with Choice Scarf set
which is a simple one
Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk

Allows you to outspeed Deox-A ,Darkrai, Ygod without geomancy and usally 2hkos most e-killers.

The next repalcement is sadly the rocker- with the ever loaming pressure of pdon tearing through team Dialga has seem to lost alot of his former glory. MY recommendation besides brozong is
Jirachi @ Mental Herb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 128 HP / 40 Atk / 252 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Mental herb gives you a solid chance of setting up vrocks aginst deox-s and other taunt users. U-turn to pivot. Ths set can also live a +2 moonblast and iron head the xerneas.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello, this is a pretty good team and I'd like to give you a rate.

The other suggestions so far seem to shift this team more towards bulky offense arrangements but I'll rate this from the perspective of keeping it HO. Roost over Memento on Latios is a good call here since the team could use additional security against Primal Groudon. I think your Primal Groudon should run an EV spread of 168 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 56 Spe. This spread still meets the critical SpD benchmarks but increases Primal Groudon's physical bulk as well, making it more efficient. I'd also have Stone Edge unslashed.

Mega Mewtwo X needs 248 Defense EVs to consistently survive up to +2 Extreme Speed from Adamant LO Extreme Killer Arceus after Stealth Rock. This makes the EV spread 8 Atk / 248 Def / 252 Spe. As for the nature, Naive is kinda awkward. Ice Beam still gets the KO on standard Mega Salamence spreads with Jolly so that's what you'll probably want to use. Lastly, if you want to use a bulky Extreme Killer Arceus on this team I'd recommend Recover instead of Rest. Extreme Killer just doesn't mind paralysis that much, and some of the most common Wisp users can still check the Arceus set you provided. This also frees the item slot to something with better utility such as a Silk Scarf. An EV spread for such a set is 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe.

Summary:
- Run Roost over Memento on Latios
- Run a Primal Groudon EV spread of 168 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 56 Spe
- Run Stone Edge on Primal Groudon
- Run a MM2X EV spread of 8 Atk / 248 Def / 252 Spe with a Jolly nature
- Run Recover over Rest on EKiller, run an EV spread of 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe and a Silk Scarf

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Hello, this is a pretty good team and I'd like to give you a rate.

The other suggestions so far seem to shift this team more towards bulky offense arrangements but I'll rate this from the perspective of keeping it HO. Roost over Memento on Latios is a good call here since the team could use additional security against Primal Groudon. I think your Primal Groudon should run an EV spread of 168 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 56 Spe. This spread still meets the critical SpD benchmarks but increases Primal Groudon's physical bulk as well, making it more efficient. I'd also have Stone Edge unslashed.

Mega Mewtwo X needs 248 Defense EVs to consistently survive up to +2 Extreme Speed from Adamant LO Extreme Killer Arceus after Stealth Rock. This makes the EV spread 8 Atk / 248 Def / 252 Spe. As for the nature, Naive is kinda awkward. Ice Beam still gets the KO on standard Mega Salamence spreads with Jolly so that's what you'll probably want to use. Lastly, if you want to use a bulky Extreme Killer Arceus on this team I'd recommend Recover instead of Rest. Extreme Killer just doesn't mind paralysis that much, and some of the most common Wisp users can still check the Arceus set you provided. This also frees the item slot to something with better utility such as a Silk Scarf. An EV spread for such a set is 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe.

Summary:
- Run Roost over Memento on Latios
- Run a Primal Groudon EV spread of 168 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 56 Spe
- Run Stone Edge on Primal Groudon
- Run a MM2X EV spread of 8 Atk / 248 Def / 252 Spe with a Jolly nature
- Run Recover over Rest on EKiller, run an EV spread of 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe and a Silk Scarf
Minority Suspect already proposed most of the changes and gave you a good rate, I would like to make to your team and has already provided the required edits to improve the effectiveness of the team taking a Hyper offensive approach, so here's my rate provided you take the changes above in addition to these.

The team a glaring weakness to Mega Gengar and I would suggest replacing Latios for Life orb Yveltal to help patch up the weakness to Mega Gengar and other offensive psychics such as Mewtwo / Deoxys-Attack that can threaten these kind of HO teams and also helps out with Arceus-Ghost, it also has good synergy with MMX; it also provides you with another form of priority outside ExtremeKiller Arceus and Knock off utility which can be nice to knock off items to common switch ins such as GeoXern, this team really appreciates GeoXern not being able to reliably setup.

I would also suggest running max speed on Dialga , this enables Dialga to outspeed standard Xerneas / Tie with Adamant Ho-oh and Outspeed rp / offensive variants of Primal Groudon besides Jolly SD rocks, also replacing toxic with Thunder gives Dialga superior coverage and toxic isn't really doing much - Dialga already forces common defoggers such as Giratina-o to be a liability, Thunder allows dialga to actually pressure Arceus-Water from defogging, Hits Kyogre for a reasonable amount and allows Dialga to 2HKO Ho-oh.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 24 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder

Good luck with the team!

Thanks Cranham. I really like to use LO Yveltal even though I never had any problem w/ Gengar, though replacing Latios w/ Ygod makes the team similar to Gunner's MMX & Ygod core. I'm aware of his team but I did not copy his team from what I've seen, all of my Pokemon sets is different but still kind of makes me feel a bit unoriginal, but it's up to you guys to think whether it is acceptable lol. Thank you everyone for the likes and feedback.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)