ORAS UU [RMT] Come On, Smile For Me !

Introduction

Hello everyone ! Real long time lurker here ! I've been playing Pokemon since pretty much Red and Blue, but competitively only from DPP. From as long as I can remember, I've been an UnderUsed player. When I was younger, I guess I just liked the underdog feel of the Tier, but it really grew on me.

I've come back into competitive somewhat recently (a few months), and I really am quite an average player, finding most success with teams I've shamelessly poached from the UU Teambuilding Workshop, but I guess that's what they are for ^^ Anyway, I've built some myself, with moderate success, and I've always longed to build a team around my long-love Venomoth !

I am pretty sure the team isn't quite up to standarts, and I guess I have a decent winrate with it, but I feel I have a long way to go ! I've been redirected here from the Simple Question Thread, and I look forward to your suggestions :) But let's get started ! Shall we dance ? :)

The Team

Percy (Cobalion) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch

First things first, I needed some Stealth Rocks up the field ! Venomoth can hit hard afyer one or two boosts, but rocks reaaaaally helps it net some important KOs, most notably Crobat. Cobalion is a pretty good Pokemon in the current Metagame, providing Rocks, an offensive pivot, a Fairy Check and an offensive M-Aero check if the berry is still there. He also does a wonderful job at being a Knock Off absorber, and is actually decently scary at +1.

Charlotte (Empoleon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 232 HP / 116 SpA / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Flash Cannon
- Roar
- Defog

There's one thing Venomoth hates more than an Entei's Choice Banded Sacred Fire in the face, and it's switching into enemy Stealth Rocks. Here comes Empoleon, my defogger. The spread is especially made to be a better sylveon check and 2HKO back with Flash Cannon, without sacrificing too much special bulk. He can also tank an unboosted EQ from Aero and kill it with prior chip damage (116 SpA Empoleon Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Aerodactyl: 218-258 (72.4 - 85.7%) ).

Owain (Sceptile-Mega) (M) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Now I needed something to soften those pesky special walls and bulky waters that infest the ladder. M-Houdoom had some synergy with Venomoth, but it didn't check the water types. M Sceptile is a strong force in the Metagame, and can leave a dent in anything not called Blissey, easying the job for my two setup sweepers. He's also pretty decent at catching the Volt Switches after Mevolving.

Saizo (Rotom-Heat) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

You never know when you'll need to bake some bread, never leave without your Rotom-H ! Seriously tho, I needed some speed, and another pivot... And to be fair, I'm still hesitating with Scarf Hydreigon. Anyway, at least, Rotom gives me a decent F/W/G core and can cripple some walls with Trick. HP Ice to RK some dragons. Tricking a Blissey is actually a paved way to victory, however.

Soleil (Reuniclus) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Sometimes, Venomoth isn't enough of a wincon of his own. Sometimes, you just need to turn that sad face upside down and, wait, wrong game. Reuniclus can actually dispatch teams on her own ! She is essentially a way more sturdier, but slower version of Venomoth, who can dent special walls with access to Psychock and Recover, all the while ignoring status. Without her I'm actually in a bad spot versus stall teams.

Lazlow (Venomoth) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Tinted Lens
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb

Meet the DragonSlayer itslef and bask in His glory ! On a more serious note, Venomoth is a pretty underestimated Pokemon. Sleep Powder essentially ensures at least one boost and Tinted Lens Life Orb boosted Bug Buzz or Sluge Bomb hits surprisingly hard ! However, he's really weak to revenge killing, since it needs 2 Quiver Dances to outspeed common Scarfers. And then there's still priority.

Threats

This thing is pretty dangerous actually, but only the Scarf set. I have to send my steel types to take the Draco Meteor, but that can hurt their utility later. The other sets are outsped and hurt by either Cobalion, Rotom, Venomoth after a QD and Sceptile even before evolving. However, it can end up taking at least one Pokemon with it.

Entei can pretty much run over my team, sometimes. I'm actually dependant on SR up to counter it, as lame as it could sound. I have pretty much no switch in if it comes in for free, and ES really hurts Venomoth.

[More to come, but it's kinda late]

Conclusion

So, here's the team. As I said, I did had somewhat decent succes with it, at least for a player of my level. However, I do realize that some things can be changed for the better.
Thanks everyone for reading through here ! I hope my English isn't that bad, since it isn't my native language.

Reactions: KW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)