NOC BULLETPROOF NOC gg Mafia wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for my low activity today, I just have nothing to say. I got my rambles out early. Just checking in to say I won't be around for most of the weekend, but I will be following the thread.
G'night.

Deadline will be tomorrow midnight.

Current vote count:
Nomark (1): MeowMix
No Lynch (1): Self Duplicating Helix
MeowMix (1): Champ1604
GME (1): Haruno
VPP (1): shubaka17
shubaka17 (1): rssp1

If deadline was right now, there would be no lynch.

Ok well I hate doing these but if people aren't going to respond to or ask questions then let's go through some basic readlists. Now each person only has a very slight amount of evidence supporting any read but this is better than doing fuckall:

Self Duplicating Helix - Makes an activity post and then makes a really no lynch post as if that's final and he's not going to be around to change it (and it was). I don't like the blatant dodging and giving up here, acting like your vote is out of your hands and not going to change in the future is characteristic of scum.

MeowMiXXX - Really just worse than Purina which kept my cat alive for 25 years. Makes aggressive posts, understands the value of RVS, banters with a few people about RVS, votes Nomark presumably on setup info, never presses anything or makes cases. In another game this might be characteristic of scum but this is better than usual initiative and activity. Doesn't seem itchy to lynch but rather get info.

Champ164 - Doesn't like RVS, doesn't offer another way to find scum. Correctly specs that we can use Street Justice to clean people and kill scum. Isn't afraid to vote people that you think are scum, but offers no pathway to finding them. Also ducked out early. More of an effort than Helix but still not making an attempt to figure out he game.

Yeti - Makes a single useful comment on the shubaka post and doesn't follow up with either a vote or questioning. Makes excuses saying she's reliant on UncleSam's antics, doesn't even respond when I ask her questions. I honestly expected better given how she was acting during DLE's Mafia Universe games. This read's null because I just expected more of an effort from either alignment and I can't judge what isn't there.

Former Hope - I make great waffles. You're more expendable than you think. Fucking. Post. Oddly enough this kind of inactivity is slightly easier for me to townread than people who actively try to make excuses for themselves, but it still blows.

VPP - Our lord and savior, our knight in shining armor but as of late isn't earning that spot. Is one of the first players to even provide real opinions. I've been expecting, and at this point hoping for a cocksure aggressive style of play here, especially since he's got meta on players that I don't. The genuine reaction to shubaka's outburst and the fact that he doesn't seem to be taking a manipulative role lead him to a slight townread here.

shubaka - Said it before, I don't know where shubaka was going with his vote on VPP. Gut says he's uninformed, gut also says he's squirrely. I'll trust VPP's meta that he breaks town, but the read ends up decidedly null.

Blazade - Ride or die with the Gostvel

GoodMorningEspeon - "How many vests can VPP put on at the same time? Can we really trust a leader with this many vests?" Idk nitpicking a setup spec post is fucking useless. The most I got is that he and VPP are *slightly* less likely to be scumbuddies (but fuck preflip associatives and everything about them). GME knew they were scum in Amnesiac and idled to a near win but they also seem like the kind of player that would just idle anyway. Null.

Maleovex - One post Johnny. Thinks BPV is an LPV. It's at this point where I wonder if I should be handing out derpclears over setup spec but idk people just don't seem to be reading. Null.

Haruno - Same camp as Yeti, makes exactly one decent post about shubaka with no followup or agenda and kinda jokes and peters off. I expected this much effort from Haruno but I don't like the content density so maybe this is his scumgame but he's gonna have to vote before I can figure that out.

rssp1 - Pressed shubaka and actually voted but shubaka hasn't really given him anything. Maybe he feels like he can't properly move on because he's not satisfied and there's nothing to move on TO. From others I might expect a more aggressive push in this position but rssp1 isn't an aggressive player. Held me accountable for questions that I either answered or didn't make sense asked to me which was weird but more than others have done for this game lol. Lean town.

Nomark - Potentially knows more about the setup? Makes a ton of excuses for activity. Tried to get a plan for Street Justice together. Reads genuine and uninformed, if an idling fuck that makes excuses for himself. Leans slight town.

Do any of you disagree with the things that I've said? Let's talk about it!

Notice how I'm handing out townreads for activity. This is because talking productively in this situation is a pro town thing to do. You should consider doing that.

It is questionable whether we have enough time left to get a solid lynch going but we can at least build some interactions day 1 which are really useful in the future.

I'm glad that I'm such a point of contention, but after sleeping on it, I've decided to let VPP escape my lynch wrath. unvote

I haven't played with Blazade enough to know whether or not they go on massive walls every time they post, just as a thing of can't stop talking? or like they really do think those are good points? I'll admit the rssp read seems solid to me, but then the info nitpicking of "is this player intentionally dumb or just fucking with us as scum" strikes me as simultaneously relevant but yet taboo? as though we should leave the information parts to host, and leave the trolls be? again, I don't know Blazade well enough to do anything further than just comment on it.

MeowMiXXX should stop trolling and start using lowercase letters, yah?

edit post: I say we should leave the trolls be in that those who are [un]intentionally being ignorant to the game rules, not those who are being internet trolls. poor word choice for a poet, sue me

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
sry blazade i kinda checked out of this game and cbf to spam ping every idling cuck to get them to talk

lynch former hope

Former Hope do you have anything to contribute to the game besides waffles? because i have a mom and a man who can make me them.

I did say something on it, when I lynched iirc. There are two things you can gain from a town read: make other people think that person is town, and make that person trust you. I (currently) have no reasons as to why VPP would want people to town read me. unless he knows more than I do, we aren't confirmed to eachother. that leaves wanting me to trust him, which either means he's going to pull some crazy shenanigans, or is scum already trying to get on the good side of town.

until shenanigans occur, VPP is part of my scum read, and I would like to enlist the help of maleovex, yeti, and haruno to bring Justice to the town. I know that there are many things that could go wrong here, but I'm more confident in the things that could go right. mostly killing VPP. since I see little chance of getting any sort of lynch off due to majority, I am preemptively organizing this.

have you considered that vpp would want others to townread you because he thinks you're town? Your entire scumread on VPP seems to be based on paranoia, which is not good at all.
Why did you pick those three, especially after people said that publicly coordinating village justice would not work?

I'm glad that I'm such a point of contention, but after sleeping on it, I've decided to let VPP escape my lynch wrath. unvote

I haven't played with Blazade enough to know whether or not they go on massive walls every time they post, just as a thing of can't stop talking? or like they really do think those are good points? I'll admit the rssp read seems solid to me, but then the info nitpicking of "is this player intentionally dumb or just fucking with us as scum" strikes me as simultaneously relevant but yet taboo? as though we should leave the information parts to host, and leave the trolls be? again, I don't know Blazade well enough to do anything further than just comment on it.

MeowMiXXX should stop trolling and start using lowercase letters, yah?
I'm a wallposter, and I try to make as good points as I can with the little info I have lol.

I think you misunderstand, I'm not saying that they're either dumb or fucking with us as scum. You can sometimes read a misinterpretation of information as uninformed because they don't have a scumteam to help them through the rules and strategize. Most of the playerlist isn't even guilty of misinterpretation, but makes a small post about gamespec and it doesn't hurt to try and derive motivation from that if it's all you have.

have you considered that vpp would want others to townread you because he thinks you're town? Your entire scumread on VPP seems to be based on paranoia, which is not good at all.
Why did you pick those three, especially after people said that publicly coordinating village justice would not work?
okay. let's say he thinks I'm town. what does he gain from announcing this? why inform people of who he thinks is town? what positives come about from letting others know your friends? of the four possibilities of alignments between the two of us (not including 3rd party), only where I'm scum and he's town would VPP's actions be good for me. if we're scum buddies, then this looks like a buddy operation. if we're both town, Mafia has both a fledgling town leader and a town read to kill, sticking both our necks above the tree line. and as I've covered often enough, scum trying to earn favor with town and earn town cred.

as far as publicly coordinating Street Justice: how the hell else are we supposed to do it? PM it in a little town group chat "oh yeah we should totally kill this guy lol I'm not scum ez" evidently Street Justice is an important mechanic in the game, or else host wouldn't have included it. I'm picking these people as ones who have been moderately inactive but Untrolly and can yet redeem themselves in activity/action.

I'm a wallposter, and I try to make as good points as I can with the little info I have lol.

I think you misunderstand, I'm not saying that they're either dumb or fucking with us as scum. You can sometimes read a misinterpretation of information as uninformed because they don't have a scumteam to help them through the rules and strategize. Most of the playerlist isn't even guilty of misinterpretation, but makes a small post about gamespec and it doesn't hurt to try and derive motivation from that if it's all you have.
so the problem boils down to activity? I won't disagree and say we need less activity, but to try and pass out scum reads on lurks and trolls seems forced and unuseful. motivation to post should be passed around, and to that end I vote gme mostly for pressure in case I misremember and its plurality

shubaka you're kidding right
you announce your townreads because its a good way to create discussion on whether you may be incorrectly seeing something or to see if other people agree. Its also a way to, like you said, form connections between people because if two townspeople townread each other they can generally accomplish more since they tend to trust what the other is saying (and thus build off of each others' observations) or even disagree but bring up different views in a good discussion.
I honestly have no idea how to coordinate street justice, but directly announcing who targets who is a terrible idea because of the many ways it could be blocked
Inactive people and trolls tend to be scum, as those are the best two ways to not help town out.

Nope, I don't tend to put a whole lot of trust in the mind games/ psychoanalysis at this stage of the game unless someone slips up or double crosses themselves later on so until there's something to act on I shall keep making my waffles and making notes.

I'M SCUMREADING BLAZADE BUT NOMARK HAS DONE NOTHING TO CHANGE MY MIND ABOUT ME LYNCHING HIM
You mind explaining either of these reads?

Former Hope that's a good sentiment in theory but everyone's doing that this game and nobody's getting anything done. For any individual it's more comfortable to hang back and weigh in when you have a slam dunk but if you do that no one can analyze anything about you.

Deadline is actually tomorrow midnight.

Current vote count:
Nomark (1): MeowMix
No Lynch (1): Self Duplicating Helix
MeowMix (1): Champ1604
GME (2): Haruno, shubaka17
shubaka17 (1): rssp1
Former Hope (1): Yeti

If deadline was right now, GME would be ded

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
hey I stopped watching this fucking thread. how can you force a thread to ALWAYS give you notifications. goddamn. expect reads later today ;3;/

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
OK, I see there have been a lot of jokes about me claiming townlead while I was gone.

HAHHAHAHAHAHA good jokes especially blazade

time 4 reads

Whydon- Hasn't talked (neutral).

Self Duplicating Helix - This guy looks like scum to me. Activity post and then a post in all caps where he randomly votes NL? He's trying really hard to not contribute at all. Perhaps a bored townie, but I'm leaning scum.

MeowMiXXX - Has posted in all caps so far. Too me this looks like a bored townie. However when he randomly voted Nomark with absolutely no reason and then said he was scumreading Blazade, also for no reason...

MeowMiXXX please explain your reads on Blazade and Nomark. I will be able to better access whether you are town or scum then.

Champ1604 - A lot of filler in the beginning irl day after voting MeowMix and then his activity died out. Much disappoint, Champ. Maybe everyone stopped watching this thread. I need more info. Champ1604 post more pls

Yeti - is best shitposter. Is he town? hasn't really contributed besides jumping on Shubaka when he lynched me. Seems ok for now (neutral).

Former Hope - Classic Former Hope. Saying he makes good waffles, and then refusing to contribute for the rest of the game. Does this remind you of a certain text-based RPG on PS? (Just kidding <3).

I don't think this warrants a lynch but I'd like to see him contribute more. Post more pls

shubaka17 - O SHUB WADDUP, IT'S DAT BOI

but seriously, what the fuck shub? First lynching me, than unlynching me for no reason, and then suggesting you, yeti, and haruno KILL ME? You have absolutely NO reason to think I'm scum. I did a controversial town lead claim early- wait a second, why would I do this if I were scum? That's what you've got to ask yourself, man.

This is not the shubaka17 that I know. Leaning scum. (inb4 is like OMGUS and then lynches me again). I know I changed this read from before but like, didn't stuff happen in between ?_? Changing reads is no reason to think I'm scum. Yet again.

Blazade - Hey, my first very solid town read :o contributes a lot and has given his reads on other players a ton. His insight is great and at this point I don't know why he would be helping town this much if he were scum. Almost definitely town.

GoodMorningEspeon - He's obviously here because he liked Yeti's recent post. However he does not reply or contribute! His only contribution was asking me whether or not I was actually bulletproof or just had a BPV, when it was really obvious... seems like scum to me!

Haruno - His contributions have been sparse but I think they are pretty good insight. Seems like town, especially with that other caps post notes him as a bored townie.

rssp1 - I like his activity and the questions that he asks. I like how he acknowledges that my approach is unorthodox but doesn't lynch me like the rest of you peons, cough, cough, shubaka17. I like how he explains what he was trying to say when pressured by Blazade. However, Blazade is definitely right when he noticed rssp1's "nothing comments" earlier. Slight town, I guess.

Nomark - Tries to plan something, but fails. Unlynches after being pressured instead of defending his lynch. I've seen both from this guy and I'm actually confused tbh ?_? contribute more please, but you're a little bit more town than the rest of my neutral reads.

my lynch for the day shall be Lynch GoodMorningEspeon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)