I need Help regarding Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
(this forum is so horribly structured, there is literally not a single forum related to pokemon where i am allowed to post and there is no forum where im allowed to post that fits my question so here i go:)

I had a pokemon match recently. RBY.
My pokemon, i forgot which one it was, was fighting his Mr. Mime.
my pokemon went first and i used bodyslam but didnt get the paralyze. then his mr. mime used thunderwave to paralyze my pokemon. now mr. mime was faster and used psychic and he got the spec.-drop. my pokemon followed up with another bodyslam and this time i got the paralyze on him.

now since my pokemon was faster without any paralyze in play, it should be faster with both pokemon being paralyzed, right?

turns out Mr. mime went first the next 3 rounds. so what the fuck? my opponent said it has something to do with the spec.-drop but i cant make any connection there.

my only guess is that in RBY, paralysis doesnt reduce the speed of a pokemon by 25% but multiplies it by 0,25 so that could have something to do with it.

i believe before paralysis, my speed was 262 and his was 252 so after paralysis with a multiplier of 1/4, my speed would be 65,5 and his speed would be 63 which would be a difference of only 2,5 speed and maybe, in a pokemon game, this counts as "the same speed" and his mr. mime just got lucky to roll "go first" three times in a row.

if this isnt it, what could be the possible explanation for him being faster after paralysis?

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's weird that you can't post there: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-a-simple-answer-mark-ii-roa-edition.3468567/
That was the best place for this question.

But since I can actually answer this, here it is: in gen 1, whenever a Pokémon inflicts a stat modification (here, Mr. Mime using Psychic and getting the drop, it would have worked with Amnesia or Double-Team as well), the other Pokémon will recalculate any drop due to burn or paralysis. In other terms, the *1/4 is recalculated, leading to a speed of 1/16. If your Pokémon were burned, your attack stat would have dropped to the quarter, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)