Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

After transferring my Shuffle data from my tablet to my phone, I can now take part in competitions.

What would be a good enough score to try to get the Charizardite X? I got ~18000 in my first try, but I dunno if that will be enough...

After transferring my Shuffle data from my tablet to my phone, I can now take part in competitions.

What would be a good enough score to try to get the Charizardite X? I got ~18000 in my first try, but I dunno if that will be enough...
Generally with competitions, you're secure if you play to what it recommends and use all items (except maybe Disruption Delay since some Comp fights disrupt with a mon you can bring, such as Suicune in last week's Garchomp competition.

On another note, I kinda wanna try farming Skill Boosters for Xerneas. It takes fewer PSB's than usual (70 to max compared to Shaymin's 100), and what I'm reading, the rates for Quirky+ at higher levels look really good, with Level 2 bringing it to 35/45/100 (10% increase on 3 and 4 matches), 65/75/100 at level 4, and outright 90/100/100 at level 5.

The main issue is I wanna get the Skill Booster L from the Diancie Escalation (30 PSB equivalent), but Xerneas lasts a week and Diancie is both a heart and coin sink.

So, at the risk of double posting, someone found that if you start a combo with Mega Tyranitar, Disruption Delay doesn't count down, which could be useful to extend combos on the later Mega Diancie stages where you could use a Mega start anyway to avert the high starting icon count.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yes in fact on reedit they've been suggesting to use Mega Tyranitar on the later boss stages because of this.

Generally with competitions, you're secure if you play to what it recommends and use all items (except maybe Disruption Delay since some Comp fights disrupt with a mon you can bring, such as Suicune in last week's Garchomp competition.

On another note, I kinda wanna try farming Skill Boosters for Xerneas. It takes fewer PSB's than usual (70 to max compared to Shaymin's 100), and what I'm reading, the rates for Quirky+ at higher levels look really good, with Level 2 bringing it to 35/45/100 (10% increase on 3 and 4 matches), 65/75/100 at level 4, and outright 90/100/100 at level 5.

The main issue is I wanna get the Skill Booster L from the Diancie Escalation (30 PSB equivalent), but Xerneas lasts a week and Diancie is both a heart and coin sink.
With some luck, finally catching Xerneas and changing Megas, I managed to double my score while still itemless :P

Hope this is enough.

I got my account back! Granted, it took 32 days and I missed out on around 7 msu, 3 RML and ~3 ss as well as Steelixite and meganium, but, I'm glad to have the account back.
Got Typlosion and the free skill swapper 3 hours before it ended and have done level 150 of the EB. Currently grinding both xerneas (to 4) and shaymin (from 4 to 5).
Fun fact, I restarted the game in case I didn't get the account back and I got as far as stage 292 in it while catching all the event mons in it. The 2nd account is on ice now...

The Diancie EB really underlines to me that we need better coverage for Fairy types. There's practically no relevant abilities on SE mons besides Dialga's BS+. No Rock Break+, no Barrier Bash+, nothing like Chill to delay Disruptions or Pyre to power up combos, and the SE Megas we have are incredibly situational in combo potential (Mawile sucks against Barrier SPam, and Steelix is only good for Block heavy stages). Beedrill can maybe fix the Mega issue, but we also need some abilities to correct the other issues.

What Primary Poison/Steel types do we still not have as options?

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Crobat is godlike because it has the skill tier 1 which only needs 50 skill boosters worth to reach level 5, and very little to reach level 3.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
So I got to the Mega Aerodactyl stage, any tips? haha... Thing is ridiculous. Might try Lucario against it, but the block spam is real.

Any ideas on how to beat Shaymin/Zekrom/White Kyurem/Zygarde before the timer ends? I have a feeling beating them doesn't even come close to catching them and I only have ~20k coins. Doubt I'll be able to get any of them but they all seem so powerful :P Still need to do a full item run against Mega Zard X too, any tips for that?

So I got to the Mega Aerodactyl stage, any tips? haha... Thing is ridiculous. Might try Lucario against it, but the block spam is real.

Any ideas on how to beat Shaymin/Zekrom/White Kyurem/Zygarde before the timer ends? I have a feeling beating them doesn't even come close to catching them and I only have ~20k coins. Doubt I'll be able to get any of them but they all seem so powerful :P Still need to do a full item run against Mega Zard X too, any tips for that?
Shaymin is easy to beat and is really really good. Try to get that for sure. CharY and Blaziken work well as megas and Reshiram and Lugia are useful for their abilities but your optimise team can probably beat it ok regardless and it has a decent catch rate.
Edit: use the following starting moves to clear all the Shaymin:
C3 > E2
A2 > B2
A5 > E5
D5 > D6
Disrupted Shaymin > D6
But you'll probably only want to do the first two moves then focus on combos after that.

Zekrom is also really really good. Very few decent electric types and BS+ is an amazing ability. But it's a lot harder. I would reserve ALL your coins to prioritise trying to beat and catch Zekrom. Idk what team you have, but try an itemless run to get an idea, then whatever items you think you need. DD, MS, and Atk+ should be more than enough to beat it with enough moves left to catch in a great ball, so make sure you have enough coins for like 3 great balls after buying your items in case RNG is against you.

CharX sucks and is far and away the worst mega in the game, if you're that short of coins I would suggest saving them all for Zekrom and only attempt CharX if you have already caught Zekrom and Shaymin and have coins left. Do an itemless run though anyway as you might as well get the free Atk+ (and possibly DD).

Zygarde and Kyurem-W are both decent but hardly important as there are many many other powerful dragon types available.

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Shaymin is easy to beat and is really really good. Try to get that for sure. CharY and Blaziken work well as megas and Reshiram and Lugia are useful for their abilities but your optimise team can probably beat it ok regardless and it has a decent catch rate.
Edit: use the following starting moves to clear all the Shaymin:
C3 > E2
A2 > B2
A5 > E5
D5 > D6
Disrupted Shaymin > D6
But you'll probably only want to do the first two moves then focus on combos after that.

Zekrom is also really really good. Very few decent electric types and BS+ is an amazing ability. But it's a lot harder. I would reserve ALL your coins to prioritise trying to beat and catch Zekrom. Idk what team you have, but try an itemless run to get an idea, then whatever items you think you need. DD, MS, and Atk+ should be more than enough to beat it with enough moves left to catch in a great ball, so make sure you have enough coins for like 3 great balls after buying your items in case RNG is against you.

CharX sucks and is far and away the worst mega in the game, if you're that short of coins I would suggest saving them all for Zekrom and only attempt CharX if you have already caught Zekrom and Shaymin and have coins left. Do an itemless run though anyway as you might as well get the free Atk+ (and possibly DD).

Zygarde and Kyurem-W are both decent but hardly important as there are many many other powerful dragon types available.
My available mons are pretty shitty to be honest. I only have Charizard at Lv 2, Shaymin has "Auto optimize" at Lv 9 Articuno/Lv 2 Heatran/Lv 6 Ninetales. I have Mega Glalie at Lv 8 as well. Not sure if those will help...

My "Best" Team for Zekrom is probably Megar Lv MAX/Phanpy Lv 7/Donphan Lv 7 and Cubone Lv 5... IE: No where near enough power to likely even get close to beating it. I only dealt about 60% damage on an itemless run. A lot of these legendaries definitely feel this way and I just feel like they are totally out of reach for people who don't grind the shit out of the game haha. I missed out on getting Garchomp (even though I got its megastone). I'll try Gabite over Cubone and see if Block Smash helps at all. Use my current hearts to get Gabite a Lv or two against Buneary (Maybe Ampharos), then just hope for the best on another itemless run before I try everything to get it... I'll likely only have one chance though.

My available mons are pretty shitty to be honest. I only have Charizard at Lv 2, Shaymin has "Auto optimize" at Lv 9 Articuno/Lv 2 Heatran/Lv 6 Ninetales. I have Mega Glalie at Lv 8 as well. Not sure if those will help...

My "Best" Team for Zekrom is probably Megar Lv MAX/Phanpy Lv 7/Donphan Lv 7 and Cubone Lv 5... IE: No where near enough power to likely even get close to beating it. I only dealt about 60% damage on an itemless run. A lot of these legendaries definitely feel this way and I just feel like they are totally out of reach for people who don't grind the shit out of the game haha. I missed out on getting Garchomp (even though I got its megastone). I'll try Gabite over Cubone and see if Block Smash helps at all. Use my current hearts to get Gabite a Lv or two against Buneary (Maybe Ampharos), then just hope for the best on another itemless run before I try everything to get it... I'll likely only have one chance though.
This is actually ok. Glalie optimise is probably your best best with Shaymin then and should beat it itemless pretty easily actually. Even if you can only beat it 50% of the time, don't buy any great balls, just keep trying and eventually you will catch it. And if you're dealing 60% to Zekrom on an itemless run, then with Atk+, you will beat it, as it literally doubles your damage. Throw in mega start (edit: on second thoughts change this to moves+5) and disruption delay and you will have plenty of moves left to give you a decent great ball catch rate. That will cost you 8500 leaving you 11500 aka three great ball chances + change. Yeah I admit you will only get one chance, so RNG could fuck you over, but you have pretty good odds really :)

Edit: I started playing in February and felt frustrated like you for a while feeling like the legendaries are out of reach. But if you just use the right items and maybe grind Ampharos and Meowth just a bit then most things are actually obtainable even early on. On the majority of legendary stages M-gar optimise + DD + Atk+ (+optional M+5) works just fine even with low level teams.

Edit2: forgot to say, Moves+5, while not increasing catch rate, does increase the duration of disruption delay by 5 moves, so can be a good safety net on the above strategy if you're unsure, and it's cheaper than mega start. Edited post to reflect that.

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
This is actually ok. Glalie optimise is probably your best best with Shaymin then and should beat it itemless pretty easily actually. Even if you can only beat it 50% of the time, don't buy any great balls, just keep trying and eventually you will catch it. And if you're dealing 60% to Zekrom on an itemless run, then with Atk+, you will beat it, as it literally doubles your damage. Throw in mega start (edit: on second thoughts change this to moves+5) and disruption delay and you will have plenty of moves left to give you a decent great ball catch rate. That will cost you 8500 leaving you 11500 aka three great ball chances + change. Yeah I admit you will only get one chance, so RNG could fuck you over, but you have pretty good odds really :)

Edit: I started playing in February and felt frustrated like you for a while feeling like the legendaries are out of reach. But if you just use the right items and maybe grind Ampharos and Meowth just a bit then most things are actually obtainable even early on. On the majority of legendary stages M-gar optimise + DD + Atk+ (+optional M+5) works just fine even with low level teams.

Edit2: forgot to say, Moves+5, while not increasing catch rate, does increase the duration of disruption delay by 5 moves, so can be a good safety net on the above strategy if you're unsure, and it's cheaper than mega start. Edited post to reflect that.
Against all the previous odds I just had a culmination of luck in the last 15 minutes and will never see anything as crazy as this again. Did exactly how you said for Shaymin and caught it first ball, first attempt... with a 38% catch chance... Threw my two free items (DD and AP+), bought moves +5 (Just to make sure) and used Megar/Phanpy/Donphan/Gabite and managed to clear with 8 turns left... Catch chance was like 14%~20% and I was sad, until Super Catch Power activated taking it to 55%... Second Great Ball I caught it @__@

I know I will never experience luck like this again in this game, so thank you :P

Anytime XD congrats!
Now you have Zekrom, Shaymin and skill-swapped Raikou, have fun not having trouble with any water stages ever again :D

Edit: if you have time, and can consistently beat it itemless, I would REALLY recommend grinding Shaymim's skill level to level 2. It only requires 5 PSBs and seems to have approx 50% drop rate. So about 10 hearts if you're lucky (though I went through a patch on the way to level 5 where I went 20 hearts without a drop, my average drop rate was just over 50%). Sleep charm is so good when boosted its definitely worth spending the rest of your hearts today on it.

Last edited:
Having a tough time taking down mega aerodactyl I don't got kyruger how ever I have this Guys absol ampharos altaria lopunny kangaskhan sableyes lucario slowbro mawile gengar glalie the rest are not can u tell me witch one of them can defeat mega aerodactyl because I his first form already

Disruption Delay is highly recommended (sometimes arguably mandatory) for all Megas from Mawile to Mewtwo Y, that alone makes them much easier to deal with since Disruption Delay lasts so long. +5 Turns is always useful too, and with the lack of disruptions for awhile you might be able to afford not using Mega Start right away and save some coins. Disruption Delay itself is only 1500 coins so farming a bit on Stage 37 (Meowth) can get you those coins if necessary without too much struggle, especially if you can get the 330 coins each time.

As for Mega Aerodactyl you can reasonably finish it with no items thanks to breakable blocks being way less obnoxious disruptions than freezing things constantly. Blastoise and Milotic are very useful here for Stabilize+ and Kyogre's Rock Break also comes in handy here, so any of those are useful. Mega Lucario is also fantastic here, though Mega Blastoise works here too if you don't have Lucario. If neither are options then I guess there's always Mawile, which is a lot better than nothing. Mega Aerodactyl is no pushover but I'd say it's definitely a generous step down from the mess that Mega Glalie/Gengar/Mewtwo Y are.
I do not have kyruger I don't

MOD EDIT: Please do not double post, and please put a little more effort into your spelling, grammar, capitalization and punctuation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
New Content
2× Raise Max Level, 1× Skill Swapper
10,000 Coins + 30 Hearts (Mobile Only)
Hitmonchan
Pikachu (Happy)
RML's for: Yveltal (5), Genesect (5), Hearacross (5), Glalie (5), Kangaskhan (10), Pidgeotto (2), Pidgeot (5), Scyther (10), Rampardos (5), Dusknoir (5), Golurk (5), Kabutops (5), Onix (5), Larvitar (5), Slowpoke (5), Slowbro (5), Espurr (5), Meowstic-M (5), Meowstic-F (5), Snorunt (5), Electivire (5), Emolga (5), Lopunny (10), Vivillon (5), Surskit (10), Masquerain (5), Shuckle (5), and Stunfisk (5).
Skill Swappers for: Zygarde Complete, Yveltal, Dusknoir, Liepard, Aerodactyl, Onix, Audino, Kangaskhan, Lopunny, Slowpoke, Espurr, Meowstic-M, Meowstic-F, Vanillite, Stunfisk, Umbreon, Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Scyther, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Surskit, Masquerain, and Snorlax.
New Mission Cards (11 awards Exp Booster M, Mega Start. 12 awards Blastoisinite, Skill Booster M. 13 awards Raise Max Level, Mega Speedup, Skill Swapper.)

Returning Content
Dusknoir (Drops PSB's)
Shaymin-S (Drops PSB's)
Alakazam Safari (Drops Exp. Boosters)
Carnivine

Future Content
Mega Alakazam (Yveltal the useful!)
Yveltal (Drops PSB's, RML's)
Darkrai EB
Golem
Daily Pokémon #6

Challenges
Happy Pikachu: Base 50 Electric-type w/ Power of 4+.
Hitmonchan: Base 60 Fighting-type w/ Hyper Punch.
Golem: Base 70 Rock-type w/ +-Boost.
Mega Alakazam: 18 icons, 3 speedups, Erases up to 10 Blocks, Rocks, Coins, and deals an extra 50 (before modifiers) DMG per removed icon.

Skill Swapper Abilities
Zygarde Complete: Block Smash+
Yveltal: Block Smash+
Dusknoir: Sleep Combo
Liepard: Swap++
Aerodactyl: Swap++
Onix: Power of 5+
Audino: Mega Boost+ (one turn mega with three speedups invested)
Kangaskhan: Rock Break++
Lopunny: Swap++
Slowpoke: Swap++
Espurr: Sleep Charm
Meowstic-M: Hitting Streak
Meowstic-F: Hitting Streak
Vanillite: Barrier Bash++ (Too bad it gets no RML's)
Stunfisk: Sleep Combo
Umbreon: Eject+
Pidgey: Shock Attack (what)
Pidgeotto: Sky Blast
Scyther: L-Boost (And 10 RML's!!!)
Bulbasaur: Mega Boost+
Charmander: Mega Boost+
Squirtle: Mega Boost+
Surskit: Power of 4+ (And 10 RML's!!!)
Masquerain: Nosedive
Snorlax: Stabilise++

EB Prizes
Prize for first beating level 5: 1 Exp. Booster M
Prize for first beating level 10: 1 Disruption Delay
Prize for first beating level 25: 1 Mega Start
Prize for first beating level 50: 1 Skill Swapper
Prize for first beating level 75: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 100: 1 Skill Booster M
Prize for first beating level 125: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 150: 2 Raise Max Level
Prize for first beating level 175: 1 Skill Swapper
Prize for first beating level 200: 2 Mega Speedup

All done.

Last edited:

Haruno

New Content
2× Raise Max Level, 1× Skill Swapper
Hitmonchan
Pikachu (Happy)
RML's for: Yveltal, Genesect, Hearacross, Glalie, Kangaskhan, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Scyther, Rampardos, Dusknoir, Golurk, Kabutops, Onix, Larvitar, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Espurr, Meowstic-M, Meowstic-F, Snorunt, Electivire, Emolga, Lopunny, Vivillon, Surskit, Masquerain, Shuckle, and Stunfisk.
Skill Swappers for: Zygarde Complete, Yveltal, Dusknoir, Liepard, Aerodactyl, Onix, Audino, Kangaskhan, Lopunny, Slowpoke, Espurr, Meowstic-M, Meowstic-F, Vanillite, Stunfisk, Umbreon, Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Scyther, bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Surskit, Masquerain, and Snorlax.
New Mission Card (Awards Blastoisinite)

Returning Content
Dusknoir (Drops PSB's)
Shaymin-S (Drops PSB's)
Alakazam Safari (Drops Exp. Boosters)
Carnivine

Future Content
Mega Alakazam (Yveltal the useful!)
Yveltal (Drops PSB's, RML's)

Challenges
Happy Pikachu: Base 50 Electric-type w/ .
Hitmonchan: Base 60 Fighting-type w/ .
Mega Alakazam: Hopefully something good.

More to come.
forgot this

Pidgey - Shock Attac
Pidgeotto - Sky Blast
Audino - Mega Boost+
Liepard - Swap++
Lopunny - Swap++
Kangaskhan - Rock Break++
Surskit - Power of 4+
Masquerain - Nosedive
Slowpoke - Swap++
Vanillite - Barrier Bash++
Scyther - L-Boost
Stunfisk - Sleep Combo
Aerodactyl - Swap++
Yveltal - Block Smash+
Snorlax - Stabilize++

Onix - Power of 5+
Dusknoir - Sleep Combo
Zygarde Complete - Block Smash+

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I was manually going through all the abilities myself and then putting them up, ditto with how many rml's the new recipients got.

It's up to date now pending pastebin.

Haruno

The better question is how strong is level 15 yveltal/genesect which sound like the goto for mega kazam. 120bp? I dislike how they're making dragons so strong with 110bps with fucking block smash+ and eject++ but dragons as a whole are kinda niche (disregarding mega rayquaza) for anything besides lati escalations.

Aerodactyl's swap++ is an interesting contrast with its mega ability

yveltal is skill swap priority for sure.

dusknoir could be okay if you use ghost/dark hybrid with darkrai/dusknoir/gengar/filler i suppose.

edit: oh on another note, what have people been spending skill boosters on?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
Mobile users get 10K Coins + 30 hearts too.

Caught Heracross finally to use for the Safari Stages and I really want to see if I can get Alakazam this time. Gengar + Pinsir + Heracross is currently my team, but Heracross' ability is kinda inconsistent.

I'm looking to see if I can catch Yveltal too from the Expert stages, I can complete that stage easily, it's just getting the luck to actually catch the damned thing. Definitely worth using a skill swap there to get away from Po5 (which is what its default is I think?) to get Barrier Bash+. Far more powerful ability on a decently strong mon.

Block Smash+, but yeah Po5 is the default.

Seriously amazing update, though. My Ray's now maxed out, Yveltal just became even more badass, AND THERE'S A FREAKING BLASTOISITE MISSION CARD! The last Mega I needed is done! Arceus be praised! Hell, Hitmonchan having Hyper Punch is thematically appropriate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)