Pokémon GO

I just catch them because having my Dorm on top of a Pokespot means I have an excess of Pokeballs, so a Drain for the balls that yields Candy and Stardust is nice for me.

Oh, and please have better drops at PokeStops. I have been getting very few balls and tons of loving Potions and Revives. Seriously, stop dropping those lovng Potions. Those are just garbage waiting to be thrown away.

caught an 86.7% IVed Dratini today..
now to get the candies.....

and yes people travel, and plenty of people visit north america.. the spawns there seem rather unfair though. always nice things.
How so you know the IV percentage? What checker do you use and which one is the best?

"A new collaboration has been announced for Pokémon GO. Following the McDonalds restaurants & Toho Cinemas becoming PokéStops in Japan, another company has signed a deal. This time, the company Softbank has made a deal so that 3,700 of their stores (both Softbank and Ymobile stores) are to become PokéStops or Gyms as of September 2016"
~Serebii

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I would rather they upped the drop rates of the better balls, whats the point in going from 0 balls to 42 pokeballs and 3 greatballs when I have ultras available, and then everything is orange circle.
so you have to buy more pokeballs through the store of course

buying pokeballs just means I still have too many pokeballs, and still means I'm catching diddly squat that isn't common
had an Aerodactly run today :(
caught a CP 1043 Dragonite (I had enough ultra/great balls)
also had snorlax on my nearby list
as well as Lapras and Cloyster on nearby for the first time.
IV% it tells you on the calculator, if you use the appraisal tool you can get a fairly accurate cover on this, as for % ratings, Perfect is 100% almost perfect 15/15/14 is 97.8% so you can just subtract each % away.
https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh, and please have better drops at PokeStops. I have been getting very few balls and tons of loving Potions and Revives. Seriously, stop dropping those lovng Potions. Those are just garbage waiting to be thrown away.
Are you kidding? Potions are like gold for me because I spend a lot of time taking down gyms. Sure they're useless if you never attack or train, but that's like half the game right there. if anything, I wish they'd RAISE the potion drop rates so I can attack MOAR!

Are you kidding? Potions are like gold for me because I spend a lot of time taking down gyms. Sure they're useless if you never attack or train, but that's like half the game right there. if anything, I wish they'd RAISE the potion drop rates so I can attack MOAR!
Potions are garbage because Super Potions and Hyper Potions also drop at a common rate for me. Without Balls, I can't level up so I'm still stuck at Lv17.

agreed, end up with masses of potions and revives, and yes I do take gyms, but I dont have the dust to have 3-4 decent CP things to take those larger ones, Cant exactly take down gyms of 4+ 1500+ CP snorlax/vaporeon and dragonites with just my Gyarados at 1801 and my not 1500 odd vaporeon.
so my focus is getting dust, finishing up my 91.1% hypno, and my Electabuzz then just topping off my Parasect, then i can go wild.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Pokemon Go will be introducing a Buddy System. Not much is known aside you'll be able to choose a Pokemon, they'll appear with you on the status screen and in its own icon next to your avatar's on the overworld screen, and while walking around they'll gather candy for you. It's not known whether its candy for their species (which would be very helpful) or just random candy of probably the Pokemon you can encounter in the area you're walking (still useful but less so). Here's some screenshots:

A boy and his 'mon.

Gee, there's a Charmander nearby? I WONDER WHERE. And the Egg glitch has gotten worse, there's now six of them occupying a Gym, and worse someone drew a face on one and broke it open! Someone should tell them they could have just gotten an Exeggcute.
Anyway the Charmander partner has a bar going around it. Is that general experience that Charmander has or does it have something to do with the Candy retrieval?

caught Snorlax only 15/10/2 though, but does have lick + Hyper beam to make up for the 60% IV's, new Buddy system allows me to get candies for my charmander, Snorlax, and Eevees (I have another decent one to evolve) or my 15/10/14 Dratini
might focus on Growlithe though as arcanine is OP

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
I wouldn't even focus on using Eevee (they're a common spawn here at least) but rather focusing on shit you never see in the wild (stuff like starters without nests or the fossils) or high in demand mons (Dragonite, Snorlax, Lapras) that need to get powered up for Gym battling. There might be also stardust rewards and maybe even powering up for free or something. It really makes boosting up rares much more attractive while allowing for something as simple as Dex completion.

Me and other team players also started a pact around the college campus a while ago. We divided the teams for the 6 gyms (2 Valor, 2 Mystic, 2 Instinct) and switch it up every once in a while. Coins rain in, we acknowledge each other's strength, and the buddy system will allow us to power up our stuff even further into the 3000 CP range. Anyone else also have something similar?

I don't find that many Eevee, I have my Vaporeon to finish AND evolve another.
Only starter I have that has decent IV's is Charmander (Happens to be the best one)
or of course I could just have Magikarp flopping around on my screen, I have a good 4 or 5 80%+ to evolve
I have reached 1000 candies for..... Drowzee :D

I don't know why but it seems like even com mons have become difficult to catch. Loving Abra, Venonat and Pidgey burst out from Excellent throws.

they always have been, most fun to be had with Kakuna, tiny circle and low catch rate, though find it hilarious I can throw 4-5 balls at a pidgey, and instant capture Snorlax and a Squirtle.

I recently spent 20 ultras and 20 razz berries trying to catch it on an ivysaur, with mostly great throws (all with curveball ofc), and finally caught it on an excellent. I've caught equally or more rare mons with much lesser resources D:

also bite bulldoze arcanine feels bad :(
i'm really scared to when i end up evolving my perfect nidoran, it would suck so much to get trash moves on it

twister's fine if you stick it in a gym to defend though. generally, charge moves with multiple bars are better for defense (since the ai always attacks at the same speed, so will almost always be using said charge move, ie more damage dealt than bite/dragon breath), while moves with one or two bars lean towards being used more effectively offensively. there's a lot of talk about terrible movesets and people being really disappointed in what they rolled upon evolution, but each moveset does have its perks, one just has to figure out in what situation to best use it :)

generally speaking though it's dumb that gyarados just isn't very good

They really need to sort the Gyms out. Took down a Gym and next thing I knew, some spoofer stole it before I can put my Pokemon in. (I know it's a spoofer because nobody's near my physical location).

yea thats rubbish, you get that stupid animation delay and the delay chosing.
and why can't they set the claim bonus to set time of day, I took 3 gyms yesterday and claimed, I can only claim when I can claim, and I miss out by half an hour today.
amd those last 60m dont add to my egg. fix damned game when its running in the background,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)