Anyone have a Youtube channel?

I am curious if anyone is active as a Youtuber on here. I been wanting to get into it myself as a way to break out of my shy and secure (closed off) ways. I am just not sure what I want to do. lol I have some ideas but I know I need a lot of time to invest and make things worth watching.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I wanted to start a Youtube channel for Pokemon way too long ago.
But I just never bought any nice enough equipment for it.
(Well I do have a few videos, but it's not like they are good videos)

I wanted to make videos that translate Japanese forum discussions about Pokemon into English, so that people who don't know Japanese can know what the Japanese people feel.
I have this idea because I see that lots and lots of popular/ famous PokeTubers actually don't know any Japanese, and they base their views solely from a Westerner's point of view. I don't think this is very healthy for a Pokemon community.

I wanted to start a Youtube channel for Pokemon way too long ago.
But I just never bought any nice enough equipment for it.
(Well I do have a few videos, but it's not like they are good videos)

I wanted to make videos that translate Japanese forum discussions about Pokemon into English, so that people who don't know Japanese can know what the Japanese people feel.
I have this idea because I see that lots and lots of popular/ famous PokeTubers actually don't know any Japanese, and they base their views solely from a Westerner's point of view. I don't think this is very healthy for a Pokemon community.
Very good point. I would watch those kinds of videos. I know in Anime in general, it is a lot different in America vs Japan. I learned that from Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. lol

I wouldn't say active, but I tend to upload when I have free time (kinda swamped by midterms/finals atm), and it's kind of fun. Not only does it help with speaking and presentations, but it also helps you with improv, which in turn makes you more open to new people. Link me to your channel when you start uploading, if you'd like.

Yeah, I have a YouTube channel. I started it late last year, and it's been a ton of fun doing it, and is still quite active. I do gameplay, but that's honestly not my strong suite. What I really enjoy doing is scripted videos, which I feel can be more controlled and informative. My channel is still in development though, still need real channel art, better thumbnails and whatnot.

Anyway, I personally find YouTube to be challenging and an absolute blast. I think it's helped me a ton with speaking in general and basically helped me share my expiriances with other people. I'd totally recommend getting one started, as it's a cool expiriance in my opinion.

Also, I'd like to apologize to Cresselia because I'm as white as a piece of printer paper in a blizzard, so I guess I'm contributing to the lack of culture in the poke tuber community.

Yeah, link me to your channel if you do start uploading and I'll be sure to sub.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I made a really shitty youtube channel when I was 13. The narration was god-awful, I made 6 videos (all of which were terribad and cringey) and I sounded like a little girl in all of them barring, like, one that I made pre-ORAS when we knew the base stats of the new megas but they weren't released yet where I did a kinda crappy sets video that really isn't worth watching.

Recently though I've been thinking of making a new channel and doing something similar to what Mother's Basement does with his "What's in an OP" series, a bit of Pokémon (not so much for gameplay but just kinda talking) and maybe a few other things, but I'm probably going to hold off on that for a few weeks--at least until the upcoming half term holiday--because of the time it consumes. I've got a video mostly scripted at this stage, although the production itself hasn't started yet, and the reason that I want to do it is because I'm considering doing a film production course at either Bournemouth or Birmingham City University in 2018 which covers VFX, production, direction and writing--meaning that if I can show past production experience outside of uni it'll look good on my uni application and CV to make it easier to both get onto the course and to get a job at a later stage. I tried to get work experience in VFX for a week in the middle of July but had no luck and had to use a government-made website to find work experience where the only work left that interested me was that of a Nursery aide (which is actually really appealing to me and covers another potential route that I could go down, so its not all bad), so having something like this under my belt as proof of experience is important due to my lack of work experience in the field will be important.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I can't believe I started making Youtube videos due to the Chinese leak, and then carried on from there.
It seems that you don't need the best technical equipment/ technical skills to become a PokeTuber.
Despite my shabby equipments and underwhelming video making skills, it seems that I get quite a lot of support.
I might really become a PokeTuber? Who knows. ^_^

fx

moon tourism
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I currently have a youtube with just a bunch of speedpainting videos and shitty frame animations. However, I REALLY want to start doing art tutorial voice-over things, but I don't have the equipment nor the self esteem to record me speaking. I've also been wanting to upload animation WIPs and stuff like that but that would require me to actually make something !

I don't personally have a youtube channel, but I work on some podcasts for another game. Best advice I can tell you if you want to start making something is to go ahead and start working on it. It's not going to be good immediately. You're probably not going to be known immediately. But it's really hard to get better at something if you don't start actually doing it. If you wait until it's perfect then you're going to take a lot longer to improve and get better. Worst case, it flops and you can start over on a different channel taking into account any lessons you've learned.

Again, not a youtuber myself, but I may decide to after I get better at this stuff (only started this past weekend).

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I gave up on the concept for a YT channel that I posted above 'cause of various changes in my mindset (I wanna go into physics and either astrophysics or cosmology rather than the film/television industry now and have kinda lost the drive for the primary focus of the channel I mentioned above), but that said something I've considered doing and can see myself probably being more driven for is doing arrangements of music for multiple horn players (or, in my case, one person playing multiple parts overlaid by each other similarly to a lot of a capella channels) that aim to use the instrument in lots of different ways to try and make it possible for horn ensembles to play stuff utilising lots of different types of sounds that can't be made using a traditional horn ensemble arrangement. It'd give me drive to practice more and would also improve my arrangement ability and my core understanding of both music and my instrument as a whole. However, it will be a massive undertaking, and as such this is going to be very difficult and time consuming to do as well as being really difficult to sync up and edit (as well as requiring good facilities so that the sound quality doesn't sound like utter crap). As such it will probably not materialise until I have more free time to pursue it and really get invested in it as a hobby.

That said, if I ever do this I'd like to also integrate other things into the channel so that it isn't entirely music focused, and as such some of the secondary uses for the channel (competitive Pokémon discussion, maybe some anime related content too such as opinions on aspects of some shows; maybe some physics stuff too at some point) just because it would likely make it feel like less of a chore and it would make my channel accessible for people who aren't interested in the music arrangements while also just generally better acting like a place where I can express myself about my interests--which, in my opinion, is what YouTube is at it's core: a medium for people to express themselves on (a) topic(s) that they are interested in.

Last edited:
I am curious if anyone is active as a Youtuber on here. I been wanting to get into it myself as a way to break out of my shy and secure (closed off) ways. I am just not sure what I want to do. lol I have some ideas but I know I need a lot of time to invest and make things worth watching.
I started by posting songs from my favorite movies, didn't do much except make some profit for it's copyright holders lol, but it did get me excited to post more once the comments and likes started coming. And then I started to do some reviews in Arabic about stuff I just bought, hard disk here, stress ball there, and then when I started reviewing mobile phones aka things people actually cared about, I got my own 50k+ video.

Ofc my voice was off, my camera skills non existent and I got nervy each time I saw a dislike even though there were much more likes. Now after all that I'm investing in a better camera, a second spin off channel for video game stuff and now streaming at very smallish scale.

I've learned this the hard way, you do become much better by repetition, just go out there and have fun, the other stuff will come eventually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)