Project ORAS NU Theorymons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mismagius and Pyroar.

Nomination: Levitate Probopass

It makes sense flavour wise, since it, you know, hovers. With Levitate, it would lose its X4 Ground weakness, and it would give it the ability to counter Tauros. It could also counter Steelix and Rhydon too. In fact it could wall just about every Ground type, barring Torterra and Gastrodon.

Reactions: poh

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
+ Base 109 Atk + Flare Blitz and
+ Fairy typing are this week's winners!

Shadestep is letting me take over this thread for the time being. I'll update the winners archive and try and get the tournament organised some time before Sun/Moon. I'll probably just continue this thread as there'll only be a few more weeks left and there's no point in having a new thread in that case. Make sure to nominate your own theorymons and I'll include them if they're cool. Here's some new theorymons for this week! Voting will start on Wednesday 21st September at 12:00 GMTish.

+ Levitate
+ Levitate
+ Reckless + Brave Bird
+ Prankster

Oh, and you can now challenge your friends to NU Theorymons at http://numetas-quitequiet.rhcloud.com-80.psim.us/. You can either pick a metagame with just the winners or one with all the slate entries.

Last edited:
Probopass: Neat upgrade that gives it a solid jump in viability. Its Fighting weakness is still there, but hey, not everything's perfect.

Klinklang: Uses several of the tier's Ground-types as set-up fodder. Could be dangerous if played into the right hands. You still can't do jack shit to other Steel-types though.

Fearow: I thought it was Dodrio people were requesting to get the Reckless ability as a theorymon, but Fearow should suffice. Drill Run allows it to hit several Pokemon that other Pokemon that are similar to it can't bother to hit. If I really wanted a physical Flying-type attacker though I'd still go with Scyther or even Guts Swellow.

Wigglytuff: Priority T-Wave, Stealth Rock, and a good HP stat. Unforunately, low defenses. Either way, you COULD utilize it as a poor man's Mega Audino, but nothing I'd see use for personally. Still though, great utility mon.

Speaking of Prankster mons:

I'll submit Prankster Glalie for an upcoming ballot. Gets Spikes AND Taunt. At least it doesn't get the tools that RU Froslass possessed that made it very broken. (IE: Destiny Bond, the ability to spinblock in addition to setting hazards etc.)

(I'd also want to see some of my older submissions come into fruition before Sun and Moon comes around, such as Oblivious Smeargle and Extremespeed Stoutland)

Last edited:
+ Levitate = Pretty badass in my opinion. Given to how a lot of stealth rockers in this tier are ground types, it's pretty sweet to have a one up on them with this ability. A solid worry for this nom though, is Golurk's no guard dynamic punch. Due to the large bulk on both sides of spectrum, Probopass can conistenly get up rocks on some of the defoggers in this tier and threaten a couple like Peli and Mantine with volt switch. And it has earth power for Skuntank. I would definitely say that Probopass would surpass Rhydon and Steelix as a stealth rocker but they would outclass it in every other way lol. Being able to dodge eq from other common sr users, being able to do big damage to defoggers, and having volt switch as momentum. Chill stuff.
+ Levitate = Steelix can still fuck with this guy. Steelix would have to rely on roar to phaze this guy out when its trying to set-up. This would be a hell of a lot better but Steelix could still give it problems as Kling can't hurt it that much due to typing and bulk.
+ Reckless + Brave Bird = Sweet, my nom got up.
+ Prankster = This would be hella annoying. Priority t-wave, priority sr, priority screens, priority pain split, and priority disable. So many possibilies. Priority screens + Rain Dance would be interesting for Rain Teams. And I could see this being better than Mespirit on rain since it can get up rocks better, can take knock off better and can set-up rain before damp stone getting knocked off, and can set-up screens for the team. Honestly, I could see this being knock off + 3 supporting moves on any team its going to be on besides rain.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Updated the OP with an updated archive of legal theorymons for the challenge server!

Week 1 winners
1. Arbok + Dark-type

2. Mantine + Roost

---------------------------------------------
Week 2 winners
1. Sliggoo + Dragon Tail

2. Claydol + Recover

Week 3 winners
1. Skuntank + Guts

2. Regirock + Solid Rock

Week 4 winners
1. Rotom-fan + Roost

2. Poliwrath + Close Combat & Drain Punch

Week 5 winners
1. Piloswine + Slack Off

2. Primeape + Knock Off

Week 6 winners
1. Haunter + Nasty Plot

2. Floatzel + Analytic

Week 7 winners
1. Sandslash + Mold Breaker

2. Lapras + Regenerator

Week 8 winners
1. Ampharos + Tail Glow

2. Klinklang + Earthquake

Week 9 winners
1. Articuno + Gale Wings

2. Vileplume + Toxic Spikes + Spore

Week 10 winners
1. Lanturn + Wish

2. Dodrio + Reckless

Week 11 winners
1. Pinsir + Fighting-type

2. Lapras + Lightning Rod

Week 12 winners
1. Stunfisk + Volt Switch

2. Marowak + Sucker Punch

Week 13 winners
1. Combusken + Close Combat

2. Samurott + Calm Mind

Week 14 winners
1. Scyther + Superpower

2. Garbodor + Slack Off

Week 15 winners
1. Torterra + Thick Fat

2. Mr. Mime + Moonblast

Week 16 winners
1. Pyroar + Base 109 Atk + Flare Blitz

2. Mismagius + Fairy-type

Also let me know if you're interested in doing a new banner for the thread.

Levitatng Probopass
Makes sense and would help a lot. It's Earthquake/Earth Power weakness is so crippling, a regular Beedrill can beat it if Sturdy's broken, and I'm not even joking. This helps Probo wall Ground-types and relieve it of a weakness.

Levitating Klingklang
I can see this being used interchangeably with Clear Body. Levitate makes it a nice switch-in to Ground-types and can allow it to set up, but in return is now susceptible to Intimidate and random Attack drops from switching into Mawile's (or to a lesser extent, Purugly's) Play Rough.

Reckless Fearow with Brave Bird
It's a slower, and weaker Dodrio with a way to beat Rock, Electric, and Steel-types. Pretty good.

As a side note, the Pokemon named FEARow can't learn BRAVE Bird. Not sure if ironic or clever.

Prankster Wigglytuff
Prankster Yellow Color
Prankster Stealth Rocks
Prankster Toxic
Prankster Heal Bell
Prankster Weather
Prankster Screens
Prankster Misty Terrain
PRANKSTER WISH.

All of that AND massive HP with decent bulk? Sign. Me. Up. A nice Wish Passer with monster HP, and can use all of the other moves above quite well. Also, it can actually use Misty Terrain well, which makes me happy.

My nom
: Sheer Force Purugly
With lackluster Atk, but good speed, and some moves that can take advantage of Sheer Force (Body Slam, Play Rough, Iron Tail, a bunch of special moves you'll never use), Purugly can really benefit from Sheer Force. It only has 3 less Attack than Nidoking's Special Attack, and we all know how powerful Nidoking is. Just put that into Purugly.

erisia

Innovative new design!
Okay, voting starts now! Please vote for your two favorite theorymons.

I'd also like to announce that I'll hold a room tour on Friday 23rd September at 9:00 GMT, and depending on how many people we get, every Friday thereafter until Sun/Moon starts. Voting will end after the tour is concluded.

+ Levitate
+ Levitate
+ Reckless + Brave Bird
+ Prankster

erisia

Innovative new design!
Surprise surprise, Levitate Probopass and Prankster Wigglytuff have won! The room tour will start at 9:00 PM GMT, but I'll be in the room from 8:00 PM GMT onwards (or maybe sooner) to help with teambuilding, questions, etc. See you then!

erisia

Innovative new design!
Apologies everyone but the room tour was cancelled due to server issues. However, we did all challenge each other and have a fun time so thanks everyone who turned up! Replays are also broken so while there's no evidence for this I'm sure Quite Quiet, Shadestep, cyanize, MARCU5theBAW5, Blast, Based Sexy Pants, cryalot and others can vouch for me ;) Anyway here's the new slate for this week.

Malamar + Psycho Boost
Regice + Electric-type
Weezing + Gunk Shot
Noctowl + Boomburst
Phione + Eviolite
Luxray + Dark-type + Strong Jaw

You have until Wednesday 28th September at 12:00 GMT to discuss things. Starting now we'll also do one suspect test a week, so feel free to discuss potential suspects here too and we can ban them if they get enough votes. Make sure you actually play the tier before posting about banning something. Also post cool creative sets for the meta if you want! Wigglytuff is my favorite mon in the new meta and I thoroughly enjoyed using this set to disrupt people's teams.

Wigglytuff @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Disable
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam

Wigglytuff can pass huge wishes with its HP stat, and Disable can be used over Protect in some cases to get the healing for yourself or just to disrupt other threats, particularly Choice item users. Thunder Wave basically shuts down any sweeper without an Electric-immunity or typing so that a wallbreaker can clean up, and Dazzling Gleam attempts to stop Wigglytuff from being Taunt-bait.

Also can QQ fix Guts Skuntank so that Pursuit, Defog, and Crunch aren't illegal._.

Last edited:
Psycho Boost Malamar
0_0
SPECIAL MALAMAR IS GOOD ALL OF THE SUDDEN.
This would make Malamar more unpredictable, as physical Malamar is still very good. Malamar does get nice moves in FLAMETHROWER and Thunderbolt, so this can really help Mar

Ice/Electric Regice
Add Volt Switch, and this becomes Rotom-Frost's cousin that can't burn things. Could be interesting, since it give STAB to TBolt and Zap Cannon, but gives it a nasty Ground weakness

Gunk Shot Weezing

A strong move that hits off of Weezing's better Attack and has the same chance to Poison as Sludge Bomb. The lower accuracy and making Flamethrower less useful is iffy though.

Boomburst Noctowl

Weaker Chatot with Psychic and Ghost coverage

I'd MUCH rather have Magic Guard on it

Phione with Eviolite eligibility
Makes Phione a really bulky Water-type that loves the rain (and we all know how good rain is in NU, ask Ludicolo or Liepard). Too bad Knock Off exists

Strong Jaw Electric/Dark Luxray
Strong Jaw STAB Crunch
Strong Jaw Ice Fang
Strong Jaw STAB Thunder Fang

You. Don't. Understand. How. Useful. This. Is....

I mean the Ground and Fighting weaknesses + low speed still hurt it, but Luxray suddenly became REALLY appealing. If it got Sucker Punch, this would be Luxray heaven.

My nomination:
Re-nominating Magic Guard/Magic Bounce Linoone

Metal Gear (Klinklang) @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Earthquake
- Return
- Shift Gear

Klingklang is busted.
If and when it sets up, it very well could be gg for the opponent (erisia, you can attest to this) since Shift Gear is such a good move and the EQ coverage means that Fire and Steel-types can't stop it anymore. Plus, it checks Smogon Bird Cuno, which is definitely nice.

Last edited:

cyanize

Mantra Good I Casted So Many Spells U Idiot
is a Community Contributor
ahhh my post got deleted so I'll just make it short

Yoshiblaze boomburst noctowl gets tinted lens, 2hkos regirock after rocks. super broken, don't sleep

all these noms currently on slate are p cool but i like noctowl, malamar, and phione the best

nomming serene grace swanna, 60% burn scald and 60% confuse hurricane are "fun". also, swans are pretty serene and/or graceful.

offensive cuno @ life orb with stab, hp fighting, and roost is broken. i'll def vote to ban this first.
sdef cuno @ lefties with hurricane/sub/tox/roost is pretty cool, and messes up bulky teams.

restalk cm scald samurott is fun. basically like nu suicune

dark arbok is also super fun.

recover claydol means it can actualy run defensive now since it isn't pressured as much.

fighting pinsir is busted af, it's basically just sawk with a bug typing.

plume didn't get anything significant but is actually p gdlk in this meta, stops pinsir, wiggly, regirock, sandslash, klinklang, darkbok, and p much everything not named specs probopass (s/o erisia) or cuno/lapras.

probopass is also really cool and is like one of two stops to klinklang.

wigglytuff is annoying af

sandslash still sucks

mismagius is pretty cool but i haven't used it yet

anyone who wants to play should seriously go on the server

more on the noms later n_n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)