Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love ash pikachu having all the hats over the years. Know there's stuff about froakie in xy and bw2 had stuff about water surrounding a mon and transform, but curious what they will say about this.doesn't matter to much to me since just fan service with pika but still cool.

I have a feeling that text appears when you use Protect against a Z-move.
I was in the middle of typing a post arguing against this (I didn't think the sequence would work with the priority), but midway through typing it struck me that it probably does work this way:

Golbat used Protect!
Pikachu used Gigavolt Havoc!
Golbat couldn't fully protect itself and got hurt!
*Golbat takes damage as normal*

So yes, I agree with this theory now. Or at least there may be certain specific Z-moves that have this effect.

What if its a different Protect nerf. Right now, using protect protects you from all offensive attacks for a full turn right?
Well gamefreak's always eyed double battles. What if protect only fully protects from the first hit, but subsequent attacks still deal damage. Likely partial damage since i think otherwise it'd be too much of a nerf

I was in the middle of typing a post arguing against this (I didn't think the sequence would work with the priority), but midway through typing it struck me that it probably does work this way:

Golbat used Protect!
Pikachu used Gigavolt Havoc!
Golbat couldn't fully protect itself and got hurt!
*Golbat takes damage as normal*

So yes, I agree with this theory now. Or at least there may be certain specific Z-moves that have this effect.
Then is it also possible that Protect reduces the damage but doesn't entirely stop the attack? Hence "fully protect"?

Is it me or does that goldlined pokeball look much more related to the sun/moon preevos?
Honestly, it looks like a hybridization. The portal we see UB-01 come though in the trailer looks like the designs on the ball itself, and the gold parts on the ball - almost "containing the portal" - look like the Solgaleo and Lunala adornments. Maybe the ball is somehow utilizing the power of the box legend to contain the Ultras? Maybe... just maybe... it involves alchemy...? You know, the theme of the generation...? That's my interpretation of it.

I'm just mad we can't call it an Ultra Ball........

View attachment 71873
What move does this I don't remember ever seeing this before
I'm 99% convinced that this is caused by a Pokemon attempting to block a Z-Move with Protect. With the whole cinematics that go along with it, I don't think something as mundane as Protect should be able to block it completely. It makes perfect sense to me.

The damage you take from confusion is not even a problem. It's missing a turn because of it. Missing a turn in Pokemon usually ends up losing you a mon or he match
Agreed, but I'm just saying that reducing the damage would've been more meaningful and tangible than simply "reducing" the RNG because in the end you're still rolling a dice, just like you did before.

Interesting, never knew that. I've never used the pledge combos. Thanks!
I remember the theorizing over the deities getting terrain abilities and thinking that the pledge's sea of fire would make perfect sense for a Fiery Terrain

Honestly so would the other 2 variants
then create a swamp on the side of the field of the target of the combined move for four turns. This swamp halves the Speed of all Pokémon on that side of the field.
then create a rainbow on the user's side of the field for four turns. The rainbow doubles the probability of secondary effects taking place on that side of the field; this effect does not stack with Serene Grace.

1. [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became trapped by the quicksand!
  2. The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became trapped by the quicksand!
  3. The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became trapped by the quicksand!
  4. Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became trapped by the quicksand!
  5. [VAR PKNICK(0000)] got over its infatuation.
  6. The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] got over its infatuation.
    The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] got over its infatuation.
    Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] got over its infatuation.

1. [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became trapped by the quicksand!
  2. The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became trapped by the quicksand!
  3. The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became trapped by the quicksand!
  4. Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became trapped by the quicksand!
  5. [VAR PKNICK(0000)] got over its infatuation.
  6. The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] got over its infatuation.
    The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] got over its infatuation.
    Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] got over its infatuation.
Maybe it has to do with this

Edit: Ash-Greninja'd

I think that the quicksand thing is Sand Tomb. The text is right after the text for Bind, Wrap, Clamp, Whirlpool, Fire Spin, and Magma Storm. The old text was "became trapped by Sand Tomb" which is not present in this text dump. Also, the move's description in RSE (when it was introduced) described it as quicksand before they changed it to a sandstorm in later games. They're probably just redesigning it in this game (which would also fit with the other theory of big move revamps like Leech Life).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)