Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw.. To go back to pokedex leaks, Is the rumor true that hackers didn't get full pokedex and some Pokemon are unfound?
I don't think so, no. They got the full regional dex, but the rest of the national dex wasn't present in the data they mined. As far as I know, anyway.

Btw.. To go back to pokedex leaks, Is the rumor true that hackers didn't get full pokedex and some Pokemon are unfound?
Not per se.

The NatDex text dump ends at Hakamo-o. There isnt anything else after. It's not scrubbed, it's not replaced... There's nothing.

And the dex pics has some missing spots. Presumably, it's for totems, but i personally think they're placed there to make us assume theyre totems. The lack of a slot for totem wishiwashi and hakomo-o supports this - why bother making empty slots for some totems and not for the others? Additionally, why remove whatever is in those slots and yet not the alolan dex? And why scrub the national dex, but not the regional?

It's my belief that what we have from the demo is exactly what Gamefreak wanted us to know. It's a marketing stunt - they have more in store. Toss in the tons of missing stuff from the text dumps - most forme changes, references to kahuna and captains, names, location details... And the lack of NDA/Cease and Desist orders for all the sites reporting on the datamine(notably Polygon)?

It doesnt add up.

No, thats actually the text for feint attack. The ones that break through protect use that "failed to fully protect itself", at least shadow force does, just found it on a showdown translation =[
Are you sure? I thought it said "broke through the foe's protection" or something.

If we want to get absolutely technical, the pokedex we grabbed was the regional dex, not the national dex. So large swaths of gens 1-6 are missing if nothing else.

Some people have clung to this as hope for a repeat of gen 4, which put a ton of cross-gen evolutions and a few legends as national dex only, but they've kind of avoided doing this since then. Platinum immediately integrated the evolutions into the pokedex, for example, and every dex since then has been encompassing. BW1's Unova dex included Landorus & Kyurem despite them being post-game only & all of the mythicals; BW2's Unova dex had several normal pokemon only available in post game areas. XY's regional dex even included the kanto legends and the mythicals.

It's not completely off the table, since there is no proof, but it's nnnnnot likely.

And the dex pics has some missing spots. Presumably, it's for totems, but i personally think they're placed there to make us assume theyre totems. The lack of a slot for totem wishiwashi and hakomo-o supports this - why bother making empty slots for some totems and not for the others? Additionally, why remove whatever is in those slots and yet not the alolan dex? And why scrub the national dex, but not the regional?

It's my belief that what we have from the demo is exactly what Gamefreak wanted us to know. It's a marketing stunt - they have more in store.
and then you have conspiracy theories like this

Are you sure? I thought it said "broke through the foe's protection" or something.
Either way there is three text entries and two existing moves as the 2 ghost moves act Identical in effect and the new guard break text is down a good couple hundred rungs surrounded by new info so its something new or something altered
Edit: to be specific the protect move chain is in the 6000s and the new text is in the 8000s right after ash greninja form change and zygarde complete form change

1. [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became trapped by the quicksand!
  2. The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became trapped by the quicksand!
  3. The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became trapped by the quicksand!
  4. Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became trapped by the quicksand!
  5. [VAR PKNICK(0000)] got over its infatuation.
  6. The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] got over its infatuation.
    The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] got over its infatuation.
    Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] got over its infatuation.
so infatuation now ends on its own?

For people desperate for even a few more Pokemon this gen, I can say with high certainty that this demo probably lacks the files for future event/mythical/DLC Pokemon. Every Gen since 4 has included three Pokemon that weren't available in the original release, and every Gen since 1 has had one or more. The reason past games included their files anyway was because it was impossible/difficult to just patch in significant new assets, making it much easier to just develop them in advance and the release a code that unlocks that content. In some ways, this is still easier, so why wouldn't those mons being in this Pokedex dump?

Simple, game development cycles have changed since then. These days, it's common practice to develop future DLC in the final weeks of the main game's development, when all of the assets are already finished and all that's left is to bugtest and tweak minor parts of the game. Then, they're introduced into the game once they're released and in the weeks to follow. Given this, I wouldn't be surprised if Gamefreak is modeling and coding future mythical Pokemon right now, and the reason they didn't make it into the demo build is because they're some of the last things they'll add, and this demo took priority over their development. When people datamine the full build, I wouldn't be surprised to see those last three Pokemon, or Gamefreak might take the modern approach and add them through an actual patch.

In any case, Marshadow is almost certainly not the very last Pokemon for SuMo. I don't think there's a whole missing dex with 50 new mons, but I find it more likely that Gamefreak hasn't yet coded in their future events/DLC than the scenario where a) if Marshadow is the only mythical Pokemon this gen, then there's no in-game final legendary beyond the cover legends (hasn't happened since Gen 2) and b) Gamefreak shoots themselves in the foot by not keeping the door open for new Pokemon to be introduced in the time between games, which keeps their brand relevant, which is the entire reason mythical Pokemon exist in the first place. There are probably exactly three mythical Pokemon in each modern generation because some focus group has calculated the ideal time period between releasing new Pokemon for people to keep interest, and it's x/3, where x is the time between releases. It's a matter of logic and business sense.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, some of the responses I've seen in the past few pages indicate that a lot of people believe the contrary.

Last edited:
I'll admit to not following the talonflame metagame here, but Queenly Majesty would prevent the Acrobatics from going off at all since it stops priorty moves and if you're running talonflame you're probably running gale wings.

(also would you use choice band acrobatics...?)

I don't think they're actually functioning as humans, though?

UB-01 in particular is described as its movements resembling a girl and

Beauty is just described as using hypnosis to make pokemon give up and kicking strikes. Absorption just talks about its power.

There's no proof these things can actively function as a human. There's clearly some importance towards them resembling Lillie, Lusamine, etc, but there's not been any proof that they are those characters or can pass off as them any better than Zoroark (who has been shown to perfectly emulate human appearance & speech) could.
(Fail with CB acro, it's late here x'DD)

The thing is, would Queenly Majesty prevents moves which priority is triggered by abilities?

(Fail with CB acro, it's late here x'DD)

The thing is, would Queenly Majesty prevents moves which priority is triggered by abilities?
There might be a way to check use quick guard on showdown against a talonflame
if it works than most definitely Queenly majesty would also work if it doesn't its possible to still happen but not likely

There might be a way to check use quick guard on showdown against a talonflame
if it works than most definitely Queenly majesty would also work if it doesn't its possible to still happen but not likely
It does work like that. Also for prankster, quick guard works, so I'd say it'd probably be K.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Don't know if this has already been stated, but when you give a pokemon a Z crystal it doesn't... "use up"... the Z crystal. In the demo I caught a Pikachu and gave it the Electrium Z. Then I caught another Pikachu and... gave it the Electrium Z too. Now they both are holding an Electrium Z.

Weird. I assumed it would be like any other held item. One, "physical", item that only one pokemon can hold.

Don't know if this has already been stated, but when you give a pokemon a Z crystal it doesn't... "use up"... the Z crystal. In the demo I caught a Pikachu and gave it the Electrium Z. Then I caught another Pikachu and... gave it the Electrium Z too. Now they both are holding an Electrium Z.

Weird. I assumed it would be like any other held item. One, "physical", item that only one pokemon can hold.
You can't have two holding one at the same time... cause you get one for your watch and one for your poke and thats it, i suppose.
That being said, even if you manage to get 2 crystals at the same time in a team, the game shouldnt complain, until you try to bring it to a battle with a player or the battle maison, not a regular npc, in wich case it is probably not gonna let you do it.

My theory is they datamined everything in game, but hear me out... When they started making the demo the game wasn't complete, they copied the unfinished assets from the unreleased game to create the demo which is why it seems like it's missing some mons

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
You can't have two holding one at the same time... cause you get one for your watch and one for your poke and thats it, i suppose.
That being said, even if you manage to get 2 crystals at the same time in a team, the game shouldnt complain, until you try to bring it to a battle with a player or the battle maison, not a regular npc, in wich case it is probably not gonna let you do it.
I have 3 pikachus in my party holding Electrium Z at the same time in my demo right now. And I released another one while holding Electrium Z. And I still have the Electrium Z in my bag.

I have 3 pikachus in my party holding Electrium Z at the same time in my demo right now. And I released another one while holding Electrium Z. And I still have the Electrium Z in my bag.
This is due to there actually being two z stones per z-move in the coding. One shows up in the bag, the other as a hold item.

I did this too, just giving Greninja and Pikipek those items too, despite that they couldn't use them.

Yeah but these Ultra Beasts go around FUNCTIONING AS HUMANs. As in atm, it seems like they can live indefinitely as a human being. That's not the same as Zoroark disguising or having high IQ
Maybe the Ultra Beasts are aliens? And not like Deoxys being a mutated space virus but like actual aliens from another planet or dimension. Given the sheer number and variety of Pokemon, and the fact that the first extraterrestrial their world encountered turned into a Pokemon, I wouldn't put it past even Pokemon Professors to assume the Ultra Beasts are just another kind of Pokemon.

And if for some reason the new Pokemon can't be captured in a regular Pokeball, what's the first thing they'd do? Design a Pokeball that could catch them.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Had an interesting battle in the demo.

T1: Chose Gigavolt Havoc (Nuzzle), but got Quick Attack KO'd first.
T2: Still got to choose and use Gigavolt Havoc (Nuzzle) when I brought in the next Pikachu.
T3: Switched out Pikachu for another Pikachu with Electrium Z.
T4: Couldn't choose Gigavolt Havoc.

At least I'm glad choosing a Z move but getting KO'd first doesn't waste the Z move! I assumed so, but you know.

Yeah but these Ultra Beasts go around FUNCTIONING AS HUMANs. As in atm, it seems like they can live indefinitely as a human being. That's not the same as Zoroark disguising or having high IQ
We don't really know that they are functioning as humans. Until more information comes out there could be any number of different reasons for the association between ultra beasts and some characters.

Just been lurking the topic for a while... Something's bugging me.

You see, UBs wouldn't have shinies if they weren't catchable. Or rather they wouldn't have custom shiny pallets. If you needed a failsafe it could be the same color, or if for whatever reason it couldn't then just turning the whole thing black like the Pokestar props or just changing one thing a different hue would be less work. You could argue that somebody just got artsy or maybe there's rematches but honestly you're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you believe that.

I seriously doubt we need failsafes even... No shiny Ash Greninja exists when there's nothing stopping you from hacking him directly into your party like you can with Megas and setting the shiny flag. IIRC setting the Pichu or AZ's Floette to be shiny just loaded the normal palette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)