Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all of this Z move talk, I've been looking at the Alola regional dex to get ideas for stuff I want to test out in VGC17 and I think Archeops will actually have a pretty strong niche in this meta as a premier Z move abuser. Yes, I know that you can't get acrobatics boost with a Z move, but what I know about them is that they are based on a move's BP and Archeops gets both the 150BP Head Smash AND 140BP Sky Attack to use with its STAB. And it has 140 base attack which is the second highest unboosted attack in the Alolan regional dex (first is Rampardos, which isn't gonna be viable for obvious reasons). The best part is Archeops has traditionally always suffered because all of its high power moves had major drawbacks (recoil on a pokemon that can ill afford it or a two turn charge up necessitating a power herb). Z moves will both buff the move AND let you ignore these downsides for its first use (assuming that Z moves will let you use two turn moves the same as one turn moves).

At 110 base speed, Archeops isn't exactly a lightning bolt, but it also gets a support movepool which includes quick guard, tailwind, taunt and roost which depending on what you want to do with it will make it great for speed control after it blows its load (or before) or give it a much longer useful lifespan. It has a solid STAB split attack in Rock Slide as well. Since Z-crystals are type exclusive, you'd run either Head Smash or Sky attack depending on which one you wanted to use, then 2 support moves (or 1+protect) and then probably rock slide.

Since Z-moves are kind of a one shot thing anyways, Defeatist doesn't really bother Archeops as much as it does in current metas. Once he's blown his load, if he's still alive you can drop a tailwind, taunt something, or drop a support rock slide for the flinch chance. I don't think it's competing for 'king of the meta' status but it's nice to see that after getting a humiliatingly bad 3d model something's finally looking up for the derpy bird.

Well, we have Extreme Evoboost so I think they most likely become status moves as well, or maybe they aren't usable with status moves (Everything would have access to the Poison Z-Move cause Toxic, etc). Maybe they are a superior boost then the one status was based off of if it's a boosting move.
We know that, during the NicoNico stream, that the Eevee used knew Baton Pass and could use Extreme Evoboost, so my working theory is that Status Z-Moves can only be made for Status Moves, while damaging Z-Moves can only be made from damaging Moves.
They don't trigger Unburden or Acrobatics, though, since they aren't consumed. That's one perk Gems had over them
Well, not the only perk. That buff they give is the main reason they were used in VGC, not them being consumable.
Is there any way to hack in a Pokemon knowing an Electric status move to see what the Electric Z Crystal does to it?
Well, specs for T-Wave are in the demo, it would seem.

Last edited:
Geez, they REALLY want to make sure you're not going to have to go through a money crunch, aren't they?

Honestly I would rather they varied the items. Like give us different types of Poke Balls, Berries, regional Full Heal foods, Potions/Drinks, Heart Scale, Lucky Egg, Eviolite, Leftovers, Shell Bell, Expert Belt, Wise Glasses, Quick Claw, Focus Band/Sash, Amulet Coin, King's Rock, Razor Claw/Fang, Rocky Helmet, Smoke Ball, some of the type-enhancing items (like the ones you'll encounter early game), Cleanse Tag, Soothe Bell, maybe even something like the Glass Flutes. Now I don't mind getting one or two "vendor trash" items, but how about some items that'll directly help with my journey and I might not get until later in the game?
I believe you have a hairdresser and a clothes shop in the first town, so they may want you to be able to fully enjoy customization since the very beginning.

So we know that Z-moves BP is based on the move being Z-Moved on but what about with the Pokemon exclusive Z-Stones? can you pick any move for them or do they have a type you need to pick? (Like you have to choose a Electric Move for Pikachus, and a Normal move for Snorlax's pancake attack). Then I also wonder if there will be any difference on what move you use your Z-move on with Eevee's Evoboost, I assume there will be 0 difference but who knows.

So we know that Z-moves BP is based on the move being Z-Moved on but what about with the Pokemon exclusive Z-Stones? can you pick any move for them or do they have a type you need to pick? (Like you have to choose a Electric Move for Pikachus, and a Normal move for Snorlax's pancake attack). Then I also wonder if there will be any difference on what move you use your Z-move on with Eevee's Evoboost, I assume there will be 0 difference but who knows.
Pulverizing Pancake requires Giga Impact

Castropika & Estreme Evoboost may also require a specific move, but they haven't been specified

They don't trigger Unburden or Acrobatics, though, since they aren't consumed. That's one perk Gems had over them
Mostly the Flying Gem. Dragon Gem Draco Meteor or Water Gem Hydro Pump wouldn't care too much if getting the boost meant freeing up the item slot.

Pulverizing Pancake requires Giga Impact

Castropika & Estreme Evoboost may also require a specific move, but they haven't been specified
I would be willing to bet money that if Catastropika requires a specific move to use it, it will be Volt Tackle.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If z crystals work like megastones, they will be used in OU on stuff like Keldeo Heatran Clefable Skarmory... You switch on knock off all the time anyway, it only has 65 BP and you can still (ab)use your item.
That's something gems couldn't do (and didn't need to, to be fair)

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
I have reason to believe Ash will be 11 year old in Alola. Remember the guy in the demo? He says we can only take Island challenge once we are 11. It could be a hint to the anime.

Also, Alola Persian looks like a Tom who ate a water melon... did they just make catermelon real?

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I have reason to believe Ash will be 11 year old in Alola. Remember the guy in the demo? He says we can only take Island challenge once we are 11. It could be a hint to the anime.

Also, Alola Persian looks like a Tom who ate a water melon... did they just make catermelon real?
Like if the anime cared about the games lol

Aether appears to have their own battle intro. Not surprised.
Are we sure that trident like symbol is Aether?

This also tells us that Ultra Beasts get a totem effect when they appear.

I really like the background at 3:42 with the rainbow black hole. Presumably for the champion.

First of all, Aethers as bad guys confirmed(almost, you wouldn't battle good guys).
Secondly, lmfao at the super detailed intro animation for Kukui. Serious fanservice going on over there...

Secondly, lmfao at the super detailed intro animation for Kukui. Serious fanservice going on over there...
I can only assume some of this is down to camera angles being off; while some of the outfits for NPCs this generation have been a little more risqué than we're used to, I doubt Game Freak want to start off too many battles with us looking at Kukui's crotch.

On the other hand, his abs apparently glitter, so who knows what's going on there.

Damn, those battle animations are intense. Especially for Aether Foundation. Gonna be honest, I'm actually surprised they might end up being 'evil' in a sense (they may end up meaning well, but in the wrong way so we stop them).

Kukui's intro's really awesome as well.

Is there any way to hack in a Pokemon knowing an Electric status move to see what the Electric Z Crystal does to it?

The battle intros/backgrounds for sumo, obviously the camera angles are going to be off since we don't have certain models.
Well, at 2:08 we see the intro animations for the Kahunas, and the 3rd and 4th ones are dark gray/black and brownish orange. Based on the caharacters we've seen so far, I think the woman we saw in the demo trailer (who I have dubbed Mary Mudsdale) may be the final Kahuna, as the color matches how ground is often depicted, and the handkerchief she wears on her head is the same purple as the flowers on the final island as well as Sansu OPricorio and Tapu Sushi.

I'm not sure what the dark gray points to, though.

Well, at 2:08 we see the intro animations for the Kahunas, and the 3rd and 4th ones are dark gray/black and brownish orange. Based on the caharacters we've seen so far, I think the woman we saw in the demo trailer (who I have dubbed Mary Mudsdale) may be the final Kahuna, as the color matches how ground is often depicted, and the handkerchief she wears on her head is the same purple as the flowers on the final island as well as Sansu OPricorio and Tapu Sushi.

I'm not sure what the dark gray points to, though.
Flying-type, perhaps? Sea Man on Boat had a Pelliper, so could be Flying-type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)