SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, every berry has a specific berry tree. Only one tree is capable of spawning Salac Berry ( this one located at Poni Wilds on Poni Island). Some of the more common berry can spawn in multiple berry trees, however.
I know certain berries only spawn and particular trees. What I meant was the Salac Berry only appeared once a large berry pile was produced [at Poni Island]. I have been checking for the Ganlon Berry fora while now at Route 17 and one hasn't appeared despite soft resetting a bit aswell.

I know certain berries only spawn and particular trees. What I meant was the Salac Berry only appeared once a large berry pile was produced [at Poni Island].
OH, I see. Well, to be frank I've never noticed the difference but I'm pretty sure the berries are generated completely at random. If anything biggers piles could mean that you're more likely to get a high roll of 5 berries which increases the chances of getting the one you want. Don't quote me on this, though.

If I start my moon game and choose Spanish as the language will I have the Spanish tag for all Pokémon from that game for Masada purposes?

If I start my moon game and choose Spanish as the language will I have the Spanish tag for all Pokémon from that game for Masada purposes?
Although the other reply says otherwise, I'm pretty sure you will. I believe the Masuda Method used to work differently, but since Gen VI(?) has worked based purely on language tags because the games now let you choose a language instead of being locked into one based on region. Someone else should confirm that though.

If it's of any help, I've been checking a Pheromosa I left on GTS and it has the Spanish tag even though my 3DS is region-locked to North America.

EDIT: On a different matter, I have a question that is tangentially related to these games. Is it worth getting the Gen VI games after having played Moon? I got my 3DS just a few weeks before the Sun/Moon demo, and I have no friends with those games so I'm missing on all their (so far) exclusive content outside of giveaways...

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the chances of getting a Pokemon in each of the SOS slots is? According to this from SciresM, there's 7 slots for each encounter, but the odds definitely aren't evenly distributed. A small test I did with Pichu only had it call 4/33 Pikachus, despite 4 of its 7 SOS slots being Pikachu.

When I press Y on a Pokémon's stat screen, the stat layout at the top changed from a blue blob to a yellow one of a different shape. What is that? I'm assuming it's a representation of the Pokémon's base stats rather than it's actual stats.

When I press Y on a Pokémon's stat screen, the stat layout at the top changed from a blue blob to a yellow one of a different shape. What is that? I'm assuming it's a representation of the Pokémon's base stats rather than it's actual stats.
It's the EV setup. If the stat shines, it's maxed. Pic incoming for clarity.
IMG_20170101_170122.jpg

The HP stat is maxed at 252, hence the hard to see sparkles. The SP. Def stat for this guy is at 176, so it's not maxed and is about halfway there. Everything else is zero, hence no orange passing the base stat marks of the bright yellow

Last edited:
It's the EV setup. If the stat shines, it's maxed. Pic incoming for clarity.View attachment 75954
The HP stat is maxed at 252, hence the hard to see sparkles. The SP. Def stat for this guy is at 176, so it's not maxed and is about halfway there. Everything else is zero, hence no orange passing the base stat marks of the bright yellow
Thank you. Tiny bit of confusion though; I'm checking my EVs now, but some Pokémon have their EVs represented in orange and some have them represented in blue. What's the difference? I'm assuming blue represented you having all 510 EVs.

Thank you. Tiny bit of confusion though; I'm checking my EVs now, but some Pokémon have their EVs represented in orange and some have them represented in blue. What's the difference? I'm assuming blue represented you having all 510 EVs.
Off the top of my head, I'd imagine that indicates the cap had been reached, giving a cue that this Pokemon can't be EV trained anymore, which would make sense for why my starter team is like that and not my in-progress EV training Pokemon. once I fully EV out this Dratini, I can double check this guess.

Anyone know the chance of getting a Destiny Knot with Pickup? I was wondering what the exact percentages were (if they've been discovered).

Is only easier if you're endgame/postgame when you can do at least battle royale with 4IV pokemon from chaining instead of 5IV breeded pokemon.

The good thing about running the pickup method is the ton of other items you get. even with the ton of medicine crap you will get a bunch of sun/moon stones and prism scales, lots of money items, and even usefull items like leftovers

Anyone know the chance of getting a Destiny Knot with Pickup? I was wondering what the exact percentages were (if they've been discovered).
Not sure the percentages are up yet but I do know you don't need have high leveled pick-up Pokemon for the good stuff but I'm guessing you know this. Once I caught my 5 pick-up Pokemon I got my Destiny Knot real quick in like half an hour or less.

AFAIK the items you can get with Pickup don't change anymore once a Pokemon levels up. What changes is their spawn chance.

By the way, the other day I was breeding Grimer and I noticed something odd - when it was hatching, the background was different, with another color (green sky IIRC)... I wonder why it happened.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
AFAIK the items you can get with Pickup don't change anymore once a Pokemon levels up. What changes is their spawn chance.

By the way, the other day I was breeding Grimer and I noticed something odd - when it was hatching, the background was different, with another color (green sky IIRC)... I wonder why it happened.
I think Alolan Pokémon have different egg/evolution screens.

Few things regarding the Festival Plaza in S/M are still unclear to me. Why would I want to keep leveling my Plaza? What benefits does it give? What's the max. level? What are Festival Tickets and what do I use them for? Where can I see how many Festival Tickets and Festival Coins I have? And what things can I do with my FC?

Few things regarding the Festival Plaza in S/M are still unclear to me. Why would I want to keep leveling my Plaza? What benefits does it give? What's the max. level? What are Festival Tickets and what do I use them for? Where can I see how many Festival Tickets and Festival Coins I have? And what things can I do with my FC?
In order:

1. Leveling up your plaza gives you access to new facilities.
2. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe the max level is 100.
3. Festival Tickets can be received (three daily) and used by talking to the woman in the blue outfit in front of the castle. They let you partake in missions, which are used to raise your Festival Coins.
4. I believe tapping on the pink person shaped icon in the Festival Plaza shows you how many Festival Coins you have. The amount of Festival Tickets can be checked either by talking to the aforementioned lady in the blue dress, or looking into your item bag.
5. You can spend Festival Coins in the various facilities in your Festival Plaza.

In order:

1. Leveling up your plaza gives you access to new facilities.
2. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe the max level is 100.
3. Festival Tickets can be received (three daily) and used by talking to the woman in the blue outfit in front of the castle. They let you partake in missions, which are used to raise your Festival Coins.
4. I believe tapping on the pink person shaped icon in the Festival Plaza shows you how many Festival Coins you have. The amount of Festival Tickets can be checked either by talking to the aforementioned lady in the blue dress, or looking into your item bag.
5. You can spend Festival Coins in the various facilities in your Festival Plaza.
Thanks for the clear answer. Do you perhaps know the following:

Is there a way in Sun and Moon to check personal stats such as amount of eggs hatched, total online battles/trades, and such? I know it's possible via talking to other people in the online environment (which is really inaccurate and flawed atm?) but then you can only see the stats of others, and not those of yourself...

Thanks for the clear answer. Do you perhaps know the following:

Is there a way in Sun and Moon to check personal stats such as amount of eggs hatched, total online battles/trades, and such? I know it's possible via talking to other people in the online environment (which is really inaccurate and flawed atm?) but then you can only see the stats of others, and not those of yourself...
I have asked the same thing in this thread a while ago, but it seems no answer has been found unfortunately.

I know certain berries only spawn and particular trees. What I meant was the Salac Berry only appeared once a large berry pile was produced [at Poni Island]. I have been checking for the Ganlon Berry fora while now at Route 17 and one hasn't appeared despite soft resetting a bit aswell.
Okay so I believe certain berries do only spawn in large berry piles. I've been resetting and collecting berries every day for at least two weeks and I still didn't come across a Ganlon Berry. On the way to collecting all the berries I did notice that the Salac Berry only appeared once a large berry pile spawned hence me first asking the question in this thread.

After a few more attempts at getting the final berry I needed [Ganlon] I still didn't manage to get one. However today Route 17 spawned the first large berry pile I have come across on this route and it contained the Ganlon Berry.

Just thought I would post here encase anyone was having any trouble finding particular berries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)