2016/17 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys Manchester United is always top2 team in the league, don't be dissuaded by their position on the table, or their actual performances on the field. I have been a Manchester United fan since I was born, I can't be wrong.
Well, fans normally overrate players from their own team and try to play down the strengths of their rivals so I don't think it's a trait only associated with MU fans.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
tbf to Man United, if you go by the last 10 league games, they are 1st, 1 point ahead of Chelsea and Spurs. although they have had by far the easiest run out of the top 6. but if you take into account arsenal's and liverpool's recent bad run of form, I would say Chelsea and Spurs are the only teams currently playing better than them - though that is likely to change, I feel like Liverpool were back to their best vs Spurs, and the momentum they gain from that game could bring them back up.

top 4 race is extremely exciting this year, makes up for the title race being boring. Personally, I feel like Arsenal will drop out of the top 4 this year, and I think Spurs might struggle to keep up their form, so I'm gonna bet on the 2 north london clubs to miss out, but really any of 2-6 could miss out on the champions league

Okay result for Leicester, though our fans are acting like they've won the Champions League because they only lost 2-1 to sevilla away. the away goal is crucial though, and I'm glad Vardy is back on the scoresheet again, and the second leg is wide open, hopefully we can play like we did in the 2nd half all game next time (and also for the rest of the PL season)

Because Lyon and St Etienne would both be playing home games on the same day, being only 31 miles apart, that isn't allowed, Lyon kept the slot due to ranking higher then St Etienne.

Because Lyon and St Etienne would both be playing home games on the same day, being only 31 miles apart, that isn't allowed, Lyon kept the slot due to ranking higher then St Etienne.
But Arsenal and West Ham can have home games on the same day despite being 5 miles apart. Weird ruling.

But Arsenal and West Ham can have home games on the same day despite being 5 miles apart. Weird ruling.
well something has to give with London clubs... same rule is in Manchester City and United can't play at home on the same day otherwise the transport clogs up (with United fans and Away fans.. city fans have no effect on the transport system >.>)

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
absolutely disgraceful sacking, the man has given leicester their biggest achievement that the club may ever reach. the man guided a team that were bottom at christmas in one season to the title in the next season. the man won the premier league with robert huth, wes morgan and danny simpson in his back four. the man made some people think danny drinkwater was actually good enough to play international football.

fuck football honestly, hope they go down

I'm not surprised. I feel bad for the guy honestly, he seems like a character. Hope he has some good fortune.

Leicester better stay up now to justify this.
I feel that they behaved ungratefully and fully deserved to go down. This is a warning sign for those "fans" who cry for Asian and Arab owners every other day of the week.

Lars Stindl is on fire lately for "A German Team," already done more than Thomas Müller has managed the whole season. As young as tottenham is, one thing that comes with that is lack of experience/composure as shown by Dele's terrible challenge. Not that any teams I would have thought as Europa League favorites were eliminated in the round of 32 (besides Shakhtar Donetsk maybe, but Spurs in Europe LUL), Roma should probably be considered favorites to win right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)