Pokémon GO

Ninatic need to sort this out.. sodowoodo doing 1/2 damage to Gyarados 1000 cp above it... Espeons OHKOing with (still laggy) Psychic... wtf is up with these gym mechanics, trying to prestige against dragon claw dragonite.. it is now like fighting twister.

at least you could defeat everything within the time limit, Blissey is just ruining the game, Ninatic have not fixed reported issues involving laggy moves, or listen to peoples opinions on how OP blissey would have been on the OLD system, where Vaporeon would have actually beaten it.

quick moves are back to being quick again
some of their damage was changed again, water gun is now 5 instead of 6, wing attack 8 instead of 9, but other stuff like bite and dragon breath ae back to 6

good move niantic... but what the hell lol
already transferred my parasect army coz they were useless, this pisses me off a bit

quick moves are back to being quick again
some of their damage was changed again, water gun is now 5 instead of 6, wing attack 8 instead of 9, but other stuff like bite and dragon breath ae back to 6

good move niantic... but what the hell lol
already transferred my parasect army coz they were useless, this pisses me off a bit
I'm just hoping the 1/6 net loss from WGun doesn't shaft my Vapie army or Slow guys... I'll need to see its EPS and try it again.

At least I knew they screwed up so much I'd rather wait than retiring my mushroom army....

I still need proper anti-Blissey....

[12:21 PM] BrainpanSonata: I think what surprises me most about Pokemon Go is in my town, Murkrow are Com Mons.
[12:22 PM] BrainpanSonata: And you think they'd be a good foil against Exeggutors, but they don't have the damn CP for that.

[12:21 PM] BrainpanSonata: I think what surprises me most about Pokemon Go is in my town, Murkrow are Com Mons.
[12:22 PM] BrainpanSonata: And you think they'd be a good foil against Exeggutors, but they don't have the damn CP for that.
Just wait until gen4... just wait until....

Although then again still low CP with current formula, IIRC....

Seriously, this scrap has to stop. Anyone hate their switch in page swipe in gyms?

Today I saw gym near my room is now going high level again, so I stopped drawing for a while and went there. Training it, and this scrap happened too much. Instead of my mon dodging, the switch in page opens, making my mon eat full force of charged moves. My poor Vaporeon ate Hyper Beam? and got KOed twice along with others when I could easily secure victories.

I'd rather switch my mon with that small button than have my mon got KOed because this horrible design flaw made them sit like ducks to be shot! This has to stop! :mad:

And then my laptop fainted and restarted by itself while I was doing this. At least I saved my drawing before I left.

I got to stop and make myself happier... This is how the Partychuu will look like. Excited for the party!! (although not excited about dying box space....)

Last edited:
Partychu is just more inconvenience on my a bloated bagspace.
I have been enjoying some of the new moves for prestiging, Zap cannon Magneton is a beast :D, Sodowoodo is a beast for prestige as well, as, is oddly, acid weepinbell (best quick move it seems)

breh

強いだね
just caught skarm, dunsparce, and sudowoodo in the span of about 20 minutes one after the other, first time seeing each

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Seriously, this scrap has to stop. Anyone hate their switch in page swipe in gyms?

Today I saw gym near my room is now going high level again, so I stopped drawing for a while and went there. Training it, and this scrap happened too much. Instead of my mon dodging, the switch in page opens, making my mon eat full force of charged moves. My poor Vaporeon ate Hyper Beam? and got KOed twice along with others when I could easily secure victories.

I'd rather switch my mon with that small button than have my mon got KOed because this horrible design flaw made them sit like ducks to be shot! This has to stop! :mad:

And then my laptop fainted and restarted by itself while I was doing this. At least I saved my drawing before I left.

I got to stop and make myself happier... This is how the Partychuu will look like. Excited for the party!! (although not excited about dying box space....)
Haven't had that happen to me

A frequent recurring issue I have is that when I dodge a charge attack, and the attack would KO me had I not dodged, the game glithces and the Pokemon still faints but then comes back. THat takes a while, and whilst that's happening, the opposing Pokemon is still attacking and damaging my Pokemon. Sometimes I can still attack, but it's never the same as I cna't switch, dodge, and attacking is harder. This usually ends up costing me the Pokemon that I dodged with when I would have otherwise kept that Pokemon alive.

Dam gym battles glitches

Haven't had that happen to me

A frequent recurring issue I have is that when I dodge a charge attack, and the attack would KO me had I not dodged, the game glithces and the Pokemon still faints but then comes back. THat takes a while, and whilst that's happening, the opposing Pokemon is still attacking and damaging my Pokemon. Sometimes I can still attack, but it's never the same as I cna't switch, dodge, and attacking is harder. This usually ends up costing me the Pokemon that I dodged with when I would have otherwise kept that Pokemon alive.

Dam gym battles glitches
That dodge-but-didn't-dodge-but-did, aka life-and-death glitch? That's too common for me. Solved by switching out as soon as that happens (just click other mon until the switch in page closes or the selected mon is highlighted, usually once is enough, and then swipe as if dodging while the page is going to be closed), but this still force switches my mon when it can beat the opponent, disrupting my planned sequence, while still getting damage between glitch start and switch in.

Dude, there isn't even Roar or Red Card, nabbit!

And this cursed switch in page... either horrible design flaw or gym bug. This has to happen on worst time and costed me many lives.

and today while prestiging I was hit by charge attacks with no warning... just animation and faint... wtf.

and just my luck to catch a 100% IV paras when Bug Bite becomes Legacy for Parasect :(

Partychuu event now live!

... and seen and caught only one. Everything else is same thing. Sighs, can't they make it as common as the Santachuu? It was nicely balanced.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Has anyone had any luck with Mareep?

I found one on Saturday, but it ran away from me.

Looking online today, people are stating it's very rare, comparing it to Grimer. This does nothing to relieve the grief I have from letting that Mareep run away.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
I have the entire Mareep line due to an egg hatch + finding Ampharos near my house. Yes, city / state scanners place it as the most uncommon spawn so far, and here at least, Larvitar is a smidge more common. Most level 35+ people here don't have a Tyranitar.

The worst part of it is that Ampharos is so mediocre due to that CP cap. Volt Switch is a killer defensive move. So, it being as rare as it is is really discouraging (but at least it's not Unown!).

Somehow, they put this sheep on 10km egg and make it so rare. I regretted not going when I saw its shadow before just around a day since its launch.
Had no idea it is that rare. Oh well, at least it is decently popular species.

Statistically it at least has decent bulk to pull some weight and probably replace Jolteon for Electric type battler and Gyarados killer, but its rarity rendered it unusable.

I have a feeling Unown badge is something near impossible... forget that, I already gave up on Youngster with the dilution of Gen2 mons.

I got a 10km egg and hatched a Snorlax... first time hatching the fatman.. and he is only worth the Candy (75% iv... ZH/EQ)

great job by Ninatic unleashing an event for pikachus in hats, and not boosting the spawn rates... caught more Lapras/snorlax/lickitung then Pikachu around here..

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I wonder how they will tackle the implementation of even more Pokémon as the game goes on?

Imagine a simplified model of the game, with only three lines of Pokémon that are all equally common. Each capture yields 1 candy, and each Pokémon needs 20 candy to evolve. Now, if you catch 50 Pokémon, you will average 16 candy per evolutionary family, probably giving you enough candy to evolve one or two different Pokémon, and boost up their evolved forms a little, because statistics. You'll have 12 candy from one line, 20 from another, 18 from the last, something like that.

Now, let's add five more lines of Pokémon to the game, bringing the total to 8. Again, they are all equally common. Suddenly, 50 captures will yield you an average of a measly 6 candy per evolutionary family. Even with some statistical variance afoot, you still wouldn't be anywhere close to evolving any Pokémon. In order to evolve anything, you would have to make somewhere around 150 captures. But neither your supply of Poké Balls, nor your available gaming time, is not likely to change. Now you have to play for three times as long to get the same level of gameplay progression.

Add ten more lines to the simplified model, or 12 since 18 just begs about being rounded up to 20. 50 captures now nets you 2.5 candy per evolutionary family. The average number of captures needed to evolve anything balloons to 400, let's say 350 to allow for statistical distribution. Seven times as much play time to get to that level of gameplay.

The exact numbers aren't important here, but the ratios are. If you double the amount of Pokémon in the game, you halve the progress a player is able to make on a given evolutionary family within a certain period of time (or with a certain amount of supplies).

Of course, they could permanently increase the amount of Candy received per capture, but that would cheapen the experience a little. Capture three Pikachu, get a Raichu... it doesn't sound as epic, or what?

The only permanent fix I could see working, is also the one fans have been clamouring about from the start: Let us goddamn train the goddamn Pokémon like goddamn Pokémon Trainers are supposed to do, goddamnit! If I wanted a game about arbitrarily catching, releasing and feeding creatures, I'd take up fishing. Somehow, Niantic have managed to exclude both the battling AND the training aspect of Pokémon, both of which are pretty damn crucial features of not only the original games, but of the whole freaking franchise.

Somehow, I can't see this game continuing to the next generations. It'll be stuck as a half-assed experience with Gen I and II 'mons until it no longer stays as profitable as the producers want it to be, then be quietly disbanded. Fixing the gameplay would involve 1), actual effort, and 2), changes that disrupt the profibability, such as removing the need to constantly resupply oneself with consumable items.

I wonder how they will tackle the implementation of even more Pokémon as the game goes on?
This is one of the concerns I had as well. Sure, hardcore players can keep a lot of candies, but it'll drag out on newer generation's mon.

Currently, it is still in a somewhat maintainable situation. Living in cities can still make one keep up and a lot of species may still invite players, but I hope they're not shortsighted about this. I already fear a Milotic would be as rare as Laplace by the Gen3. (... I know she's rare, but at least in ORAS Feebas? was not that hard as GF learnt how annoying finding the tile was.)

Buddy feature provided an alternative way to gain candies and the new berry increases candy gain, but the buddy feature won't be able to keep this up unless they think literally all players would want to walk so long to complete the dex. They'll have to add new feature that can provide a way to progress on this, and it better be a large feature that agrees to some of the core concepts. Buddy system is good, but that seems temporary, and evolving Eevee to Espeon/Umbreon (by walking with it for 10km) feels like obligation instead of initiative based on caring. I'm thinking of them gaining candies (and maybe stardust, but irrelevant now) from battling gyms if they're stubborn on keeping current system with no mon's experience point.

And PvP. That will be inevitable and it can be another source of progress with certain rewards.

This game is still flawed with its main concept only being exploration. OK, that's what N'tic do with Ingress, I guess, but Pokemon has much more than that. Battling is minimal, and training and caring is outright thrown out from the window.

Darkmalice

Level 3

Imagine a simplified model of the game, with only three lines of Pokémon that are all equally common. Each capture yields 1 candy, and each Pokémon needs 20 candy to evolve. Now, if you catch 50 Pokémon, you will average 16 candy per evolutionary family, probably giving you enough candy to evolve one or two different Pokémon, and boost up their evolved forms a little, because statistics. You'll have 12 candy from one line, 20 from another, 18 from the last, something like that.

Now, let's add five more lines of Pokémon to the game, bringing the total to 8. Again, they are all equally common. Suddenly, 50 captures will yield you an average of a measly 6 candy per evolutionary family. Even with some statistical variance afoot, you still wouldn't be anywhere close to evolving any Pokémon. In order to evolve anything, you would have to make somewhere around 150 captures. But neither your supply of Poké Balls, nor your available gaming time, is not likely to change. Now you have to play for three times as long to get the same level of gameplay progression.

Add ten more lines to the simplified model, or 12 since 18 just begs about being rounded up to 20. 50 captures now nets you 2.5 candy per evolutionary family. The average number of captures needed to evolve anything balloons to 400, let's say 350 to allow for statistical distribution. Seven times as much play time to get to that level of gameplay.

The exact numbers aren't important here, but the ratios are. If you double the amount of Pokémon in the game, you halve the progress a player is able to make on a given evolutionary family within a certain period of time (or with a certain amount of supplies).

Of course, they could permanently increase the amount of Candy received per capture, but that would cheapen the experience a little. Capture three Pikachu, get a Raichu... it doesn't sound as epic, or what?

The only permanent fix I could see working, is also the one fans have been clamouring about from the start: Let us goddamn train the goddamn Pokémon like goddamn Pokémon Trainers are supposed to do, goddamnit! If I wanted a game about arbitrarily catching, releasing and feeding creatures, I'd take up fishing. Somehow, Niantic have managed to exclude both the battling AND the training aspect of Pokémon, both of which are pretty damn crucial features of not only the original games, but of the whole freaking franchise.

Somehow, I can't see this game continuing to the next generations. It'll be stuck as a half-assed experience with Gen I and II 'mons until it no longer stays as profitable as the producers want it to be, then be quietly disbanded. Fixing the gameplay would involve 1), actual effort, and 2), changes that disrupt the profibability, such as removing the need to constantly resupply oneself with consumable items.
I imagine that Ninantic intended to be a non-issue with the implementation of trading

The question is when they'll release it. It seems like they intended to release it soon after opening, but failed, and we're still waiting now for something that should ideally have been available from the get-to-go. So we're stuck with this issue.

Trading would also lower the burden of getting regional Pokemon. It's sad seeing that Heracross, the best bug and fighting type released so far, is regional. At least the other regionals are outclassed, but Heracross is very much a useful gym Pokemon.

And if we trade, I can get my Mareep :)

I got a 10km egg and hatched a Snorlax... first time hatching the fatman.. and he is only worth the Candy (75% iv... ZH/EQ)

great job by Ninatic unleashing an event for pikachus in hats, and not boosting the spawn rates... caught more Lapras/snorlax/lickitung then Pikachu around here..
75% is still good considering it's Snorlax. It's still a beast. That's better than my two Snorlax which are both <50%

Oh and no Pikachu sighted yet either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)