SM OU Buzzwole team

Hey everyone , it's my first rmt in sun/moon. I've created a team based on buzzwole. She's working pretty well peaked at near 1470.

The teambuilding process:
téléchargement (1).jpg téléchargement.png
I choose first buzzwole with greninja with protean. They're working pretty well together. Greninja checks latias, latios, heatran without grassium z,.kill charizard y after the stealth rock.

téléchargement (1).jpg téléchargement.png téléchargement (2).jpg
After this, I have to check the tapus except tapu bulu who is checked by buzzwole. For tapu koko , I choose scarf landorus. He's helpful against heatran, pheromosa and to revenge kill
téléchargement (1).jpg téléchargement (2).jpg téléchargement.png téléchargement (3).jpg
For the other tapu, i choose an assault vest magearna. He.checks tapu lele and tapu fini who are annoying for the other pokemon
téléchargement (1).jpg téléchargement.png téléchargement (2).jpg téléchargement (3).jpg téléchargement.jpg
Now I need a stealth rock setter. A defensive Heatran is great for that job. And he check scizor, ferrothorn , volcarona, skarmory, celeestela.
téléchargement (1).jpg téléchargement.png téléchargement (2).jpg téléchargement (3).jpg téléchargement.jpg tapu_fini_pokemon_sun_pokemon_moon_by_tatanrg-dank43y.jpg
To finish, I need a defogger
Tapu.fini is best choice for this, I think. He checks greninja.

Details of the team:
téléchargement (1).jpg
Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 104 HP / 200 Atk / 152 SpD / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Hammer Arm
- Lunge
- Ice Punch
I play Buzzwole's roost set. Roost for staying power. Hammer arm the main stab, really powerful. Useful against ferrothorn and kartana(2OHKO). Lunge the second stab, it's also a good attack because of the attack's drop.And Ice punch useful against garchomp , zygarde and landorus really used in the actual metagame. With this investment, he can handle two ice beam of pheromosa life orb.
téléchargement.png
Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Extrasensory
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse

It's the normal set of greninja. It's the main wallbreaker of this team. We have extrasensory it's here for toxapex who an really annoying pokemon. Ice beam for the ground/grass/fly/dragon types.
Hydro pump a powerful stab who can OHKO heatran. For the end, Dark Pulse here to check mega alakazam, latios/latias.
téléchargement (2).jpg
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off/
- Stone Edge
The landorus' normal scarf set with U-turn for the momentum. Earthquake the main stab. Stone edge for the coverage.

téléchargement (3).jpg
Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Calm Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
I play magearna with 252SpA to maximize his power and the calm nature to maximize his bulk. The main stab his fleur cannom who are really powerful. Flash cannon the second stab used against fairy type.
Volt switch for the momentum. With landorus, they're forming volt-turn core. And aura sphere for coverage. It's useful against kartana , ferrothorn , magnezone ,tyranitar...
tapu_fini_pokemon_sun_pokemon_moon_by_tatanrg-dank43y.jpg
Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Surf/Moonblast

Tapu fini's classic set. Defoggeur and status absorber. I play taunt for defensive pokemon such as ferrothorn ... nature madness to make easier the kill. And surf or moonblast it depends of the thread
téléchargement.jpg
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Flash Cannon
- Toxic

Heatran is the stealth rock setter.
I play a specially set. With magma storm, the main stab, it's here to trap pokemon too. Flash cannon the second stab . Here also for the fairy type. And toxic useful against defensive pokemon. Heatran here to help buzzwole. He absord fairy,psych , fire and flying type.

The team can be really weak against stall team. Mega metagross can be hard to kill and special attacker celeestela.

All suggestions is welcome. Sorry for my English's mistakes i'm.frenchtéléchargement (1).jpg tapu_fini_pokemon_sun_pokemon_moon_by_tatanrg-dank43y.jpg téléchargement (2).jpg téléchargement (3).jpg téléchargement.jpg téléchargement.png

Hello Lohan, you have a pretty solid team. I would just like to change a few things to make it better :

Bloom Doom > Defensive AND
Defensive > Choice Scarf

The first changes I would like to propose you are Bloom Doom Heatran over Defensive Heatran and Defensive Landorus-T over Choice Scarf Landorus-T. Bloom Doom is pretty good on your team because it allows it to have a better matchup against Stall as well as luring Water Types like Tapu Fini which is very hard to beat for your team. It also gives you the opportunity to heavily pressure your opponent's team with Magma Storm and the first thing that came in my mind when I have seen your team was that you didn't have a pokemon that applies an Offensive pressure to the opponent bar Greninja. Defensive Landorus is fine on your team even with Roost Buzzwole because it gives you a slow pivot as well as a Defensive check to things like M-Metagross which Buzzwole can't take very well. For the sets, you use classic Stallbreaker Heatran With Solar Beam (which becomes Bloom Doom), Magma Storm, Earth Power and Taunt. On Landorus, you use Earthquake, U-Turn, Stealth Rock and HP Ice for Garchomp and other Landorus-T.

AV
> AV

Now, I would like to propose you AV Tangrowth over AV Magearna. I think AV Tangrowth synergizes better with your team because for it's ability to wall Tapu Koko without Brave Bird and Water Types like Tapu Fini better than Magearna. Magearna takes around 38% from a Zap Plate boosted Thunderbolt and around 30% from a Volt Switch. It also dislikes being weakened by Nature's Madness Spam from Tapu Fini. Tangrowth doesn't even take 20% from a Thunderbolt or a Volt Switch and only takes around 33% from a Gigavolt Havoc. It also has Regenerator to heal itself from those damages or Nature's Madness. So, it can continually switch into Special attackers like Ash-Greninja or Tapu Koko and prevent Nature's Madness Spam with Regenerator and Giga Drain. For the set, you use Giga Drain as your STAB, Knock Off to remove the opposing pokemons' items, HP Ice to deal with Landorus-T and Garchomp, and, as a last move, I like Rock Slide to beat an opposing Volcarona which would want to setup on you, but you can also use Earthquake or Sludge Bomb.

Specs
> LO
AND Pursuit
>

As the final changes I would like to propose you Specs Ash-Greninja over LO Protean Greninja and M-Metagross over Buzzwole :( LO Greninja is pretty good but Specs Ash-Greninja is better with your new team because all the threats that Greninja was crucial to check are now checked by your new members. So, it can get a kill more easily and become this monster of Ash-Greninja (oh god I hate this mon) and destroy your opponent's team. M-Metagross find really well its place on this team because it checks M-Venusaur which is a huge threat to your team. Pursuit is here to trap Tapu Lele allowing to Ash-Greninja to spam Water Shuriken, and Nihilego which is a huge threat to your team. You could put it over Buzzwole because it makes your team too weak to Flying and Poison Types which are beaten by M-Metagross. To be honest, the only reason why I have listed Tapu Fini is because I didn't want to replace the base of your team :( For the sets, you use classic Ash-Greninja with Hydro Pump, Dark Pulse, Water Shuriken and U-Turn. On M-Metagross, you use Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt for Poison Types, Earthquake for other Steel Types and Pursuit for the previously listed reasons. Also, I would change the Tapu Fini's set to a very specific one. You don't need the classic Stallbreaker set since you already have Heatran which does that quite well. All the Defensive menaces you need to annoy (Toxapex, Celesteela ...) can be managed by the rest of your team. Your team is lacking of an answer to common setup sweepers (Salamence, Garchomp, Landorus-T and Volcarona) which seriously give your team problems. You can take on Garchomp and Landorus-T pretty well with your Landorus-T, but having a second answer to them is never bad. That's why I think a Phazer Tapu Fini is pretty good on your team. You use Surf and Moonblast as your Offensive moves because the Water Fairy coverage hits really hard the listed menaces, Haze which removes the opposing boosts and Defog to remove Hazards. For the spread you use 248 HP/152 Def/108 SpD with a Bold Nature to avoid the 3HKO from Volcarona's Giga Drain after Leftovers recovery.

or
An alternative is Scarf Garchomp or Scarf Nihilego over Buzzwole to cover the weakness to Volcarona. You can also choose to run Scarf Nihilego over Tapu Fini to keep Buzzwole on the team.

I hope this rate will help you. Good Luck ^_^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)