Serious Physical / Body Disorders

Conni

katharsis
This is basically like the add/adhd and other mental disorders thread, but this thread is about the counterpart of mental disorders being psychical or body disorders and this thread is more broad to all physically related disorders.

As for me I don't think I talked a lot about this but here goes. When I was young around 4 or 5 years old my legs were entirely not the same size. My left leg was around 3cm shorter than my other leg and it made running a nightmare. I could walk normally but it looks like I'm always arching to the side and it kinda tainted my primary school life because of those kids who judge disadvantages and are just general dicks but my friends were cool with it and helped supported me when I needed it and I got to use the school elevators :^))))).

When I got older, and the problem started to increase because of my two legs growing at different rates so I went to the doctors to get it permanently fixed, so the only option was to shrink my other leg which was perfectly normal, and I got significantly shorter and I couldn't really walk properly so I had the assistance of a wheelchair for quite some time. After I recovered and was able to walk properly again all my friends loomed over me and I was pretty short, but the bullying ceased and I lived quite a happy life from then, this around when I was 8 or 9. The doctor recommended I drank at least 3 glasses of milk every day to regain my lost height and to wear balancing shoes to balance my legs incase the same problem happened. I also had to do leg exercises such as situps and stretches to make my legs more healthy I also gained abs along the way hehe.

Although some effects remain that weren't fixed by the surgery, which was my spine which was also affected by my short leg, which made it curved into somesort of deformed S shape which influenced my gluteus maximus (butt) and pelvis and it sticked out which made me appear to have a large butt which was the main source of bullying (someone called me the white nicki minaj and I got triggered several times lol). Although it should be lessened by now and it doesn't really have an impact on my back, although growth pains of my legs hurt like crazy because of the irregularly sized bones.

Although one of the exercises that I needed to do to keep my legs healthy was running and this formed me into a good cross country runner or a long distance runner because I kept on running and jogging for long periods of time to accustom my legs to running or walking at high speeds. The results came out quite nicely because I have a shiny silver 2nd place medal for 2012 cross country at my middle school :D.

So my physical disorder may have been tormenting and very painful and the beginning, but it helped me gain better habits and healthy things such as drinking a lot of milk because its awesome, exercising, and excelling in long distance running (fact: I actually suck at short distance haha). So to all those people with physical disorders and are suffering from them, I say keep your head up and keep believing in yourself because one day everything is going to become much easier for you and that you learn new things along the way, so keep believing in yourself and do what the doctor says because it really helps you and I hope you get better with any physical disorder you have now.

(idk if I forgot to say this in my long ass story but my problem is mostly fixed now and i'm now only 2 cm shorter than my friends yay.)

idk if it counts as a disorder, but I don't have either of my lateral incisor's on the top row. Doesn't actually impact me in any way other than knowing the fact that I'm not as cool as someone with all their teeth :(
dd6228324b4f00508370ea8252f57a87_-open-mouth-teeth-4-open-mouth-teeth-clipart_300-300.jpg

I physically never had them. Baby teeth came out and they never came in. Eventually had dentist do X-Rays and he said they weren't there anywhere.

Conni

katharsis
Does it hurt when you clothes your mouth? Like do your bottom incisors clash with the gums where your top incisors are supposed to be? If so than that must hurt like crazy, everyday.

Nah I'm actually kinda lucky in two ways in a sense. I have an overbite, which isn't huge, but it's just enough where it wouldn't bother me. Since those two teeth are missing, my canines and central incisors overtime just kinda moved into the open space. There's a samll little gap where if you where looking for something off, you'd notice, but it's not eye catching, or at least people haven't pointed it out yet.

I also haven't had feeling in my left shoulder since my Sophmore year (3 1/2 years ago). This isn't a disorder but I broke my collarbone and had surgery for it. Just never regained feeling.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
I have had eczema, on my legs, ever since I was born. It's got to the point where I'll still wear jeans in the summer when its like 70 degrees. I'll still wear shorts but I'll hide my legs as much as possible :[

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)