Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I don't know why I haven't done this yet, but if anyone is willing to add me my battletag is Astra#11881. I've been stuck in mid-tier but if you ever need a good D.Va or flex, I'll be there to fill my doods.
Too bad Blizzard took "Nerf this" too seriously.
Edit: Only now I realize there's a Google Survey for that.

Last edited:

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
i kinda want ana to stay op... its been like that for so long i honestly cant imagine a meta without her anymore plus shes my best support.

also ppl are saying ptr roadhog is feeling VERY strong. apparently his right clicks are insanely good now with the spread buff, and he can mow down most stuff with his left clicks at close-medium range.

And i saw a gif showing a ptr bastion literally living through an entire hanzo ult thanks to ironclad, his armor, and his ability to self heal while taking damage. Looks like we're in for one hell of a meta coming up.

So you play one of the most OP heroes to get dat easy SR, huh?
Meh I've been maining Ana since everyone thought she was shit, and I do play every other support as well. Honestly I kind of hope she gets slightly nerfed so i can grab her before others instalock.

If we are all talking about our boost services, just want to remind you all that if you want to derank to gold feel free to contact me.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Time to talk e-sports!

Tomorrow we may see the reminder of the West being slaughtered in APEX, with only a weak NV out of a meta that suits them as contenders, most likely going to lose soon due to shallow hero pools. It's a shame, because the new Misfits could very well contend to semis or even finals, if it weren't for their group of death and lack of bootcamping.

More interestingly, the West has been developing their scene (or rather NA, as blizz has killed EU), and we had the new cool kids in the block, Hammer e-sports (formerly -bird noises-) and Immortals, who looked real strong... until they just got rekt in Alienware Monthly Melee by the new Rogue. It just seems NA teams have nothing to do but be destroyed by the EU talent. It'd be really interesting to see the new Misfits competing there, as I believe they could beat the new Rogue.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
would like to comment given i play mainly on asia/kr and kinda follow the kr scene a bit cos kr friend etc.

I don't think nV is weaker now by any means. I think they played a bit off against MA but wasn't really something to worry about. And tbh I think them not playing dive heroes is an overstated problem. However, their play style requires reallyyy (as in split second really) good shotcalling or they'll easily break their line once cocco gets focused. Also not on here but Mickie has been getting way more criticism on his Zarya than warranted. Nobody even mentions how he pretty much carried Ilios Lighthouse despite chips dying early. The rest of the NA teams in APEX I have no idea what they were doing tbh. NA teams have pretty much been who chokes harder aside from nV lol.

Haven't been following the new up and coming NA teams much but hope the hype is good! rip EU and idrk what's being done for EU so far but OW League needs to happen faster. The uncertainty has alr driven orgs to bankruptcy. Also a lot of NA team talents are like EU anyway so lol?

Generally I think the western teams need better org infrastructure and develop a better (albeit healthier) mentality for them to get on par with KR's scene in terms of progression pace. I personally think that a talent wise, westerners aren't lacking at all but simply have yet to fully been developed/realised. We can probably still call OW an early game but western teams really need to start getting better overall rather than see who screws up more in matches, kinda why I got annoyed and didn't watch that much western tours anymore. KR wise, they still do a load of stupid mistakes but it's still less than west, for now.

I really prefer if the western scene can outshine KR; I wouldn't say KR has overtaken the west, but on face value they do look better. West pls get good and take the game more seriously and trash dang KR teams cos I don't like KR culture y/n.

HailFall

bastion + other changes are probably hitting live tomorrow alongside season 4 since they pre-downloaded a patch. expect ptr to come down sometime today or tomorrow.

A lot of speculation that we will be getting a cinematic for the next hero today or tomorrow with a ptr release shortly thereafter. Hype

edit: o looks like ptr is already down.

Last edited:
I'm honestly terrified to play rien with the bastion changes. There are going to be so many bastions so my shield just isn't going to exist. Or at least that's how I think it will shake down.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Leaked NRG roster: seagull, iddqd, harbleu, ajax, dummy, numlocked. SeemsGood man.

Source, seagull accidentally said it on stream.

Edit:
Unsure now he said he was memeimg

Last edited:

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Leaked NRG roster: seagull, iddqd, harbleu, ajax, dummy, numlocked. SeemsGood man.

Source, seagull accidentally said it on stream.

Edit:
Unsure now he said he was memeimg
iddqd and harbleu on the same team would be a dream come true

HailFall

8/10 placements done, will finish tomorrow afternoon. so far im 5w/3l. first 3 games were pretty cancerous (those were the ones i lost) but after that they improved a lot. (Sorry if I'm posting a lot lol I'm just really excited about the new season)

Last edited:
8/10 placements done, will finish tomorrow afternoon. so far im 5w/3l. first 3 games were pretty cancerous (those were the ones i lost) but after that they improved a lot. (Sorry if I'm posting a lot lol I'm just really excited about the new season)

"WIDOW ?" is the funniest reaction I've seen to an off pick ever omfg hahahaha

EDIT: Thought I'd add, I've played two placements so far and won both. First was on Volskaya, we capped 2nd point in like a minute and then had a full hold haha. Second was on King's Row against two three stacks, all with top 500 icons from different seasons. Game was SUPER close and I was lagging, but we were barely able to pull through. Played Mercy in both of them, going to be solo maining her this season (loving the rez change so far!)

first game of the day on my alt account. bastion is stupidly strong and totally braindead to use.

currently 6-1 I think, playing only bastion with the exception of one ana game. feeling good about riding a broken character to a high rank :)

edit to throw in some thoughts about roadhog since nobody else has said anything:
hog still seems good. the changes didnt really do anything to his viability. the longer hook cooldown is offset by the fact that its a lot easier to get kills using alt fire without the hook. he's also not bad against brokestion, if he lands the hook it pulls bastion out of sentry and takes away ironclad, and the spread buff makes it easier to get shots into his large hitbox.

Last edited:

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Currently 5w/2l/1d and this has been a good start. I'll see how placements put me buy I should be a high plat given my last season

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Placements are either you roll them or you get rolled, no in between.

Also currently I'm at 4-3, I'll play the rest in a bit. placements are dumb lol

Playing on an alt I don't use that often tho, I won't play on my main just yet

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
These placements are the biggest joke I've ever seen. Thanks to the hidden console buff, Torb-Symmetra defense always wins. Bastion is unkillable with a solid support on it, even when the other team's 3 dps are attacking him. Bastion defense on Hanamura is just plane stupid.

Went 5w 4l 1t where all the wins we rolled the other team, two of the losses were to capture points glitching and ending while our team was still contesting it, with multiple players at that, one was from a guy quitting after round 1 on nepal, and last loss went to some guy throwing a control game by picking lucio and camping their spawn and wall-riding. The tie was Hanamura lmao. It's impossible to beat Mercy + Symmetra + Bastion on that first point without 4 dps and Sombra.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)