Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I did fine against those comps, winning 7w/2l/1d I used to blame my team a lot but I'm more comfortable solo healing than I am playing with fools who can't Lucio or Zen.

Aside from that last note maybe change character? If you can't win then it's not just your team's fault. If you're not supporting well ask to switch, if you're not dpsing well ask to switch, if you're not ranking well ask to switch

Edit: I solo queue and if you don't get a rein that's a pussy you're going to win

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
This season I think I'm gonna stop worrying about my SR number and just try to improve and have fun. Previous seasons comp honestly felt like a chore and I worried about my rank way too much, I don't want the game to be like that for me.

Not sure if playing within the first 3 days of a new season (yay arbitary numbers) seems like a good idea, but since I have 2 accounts I can play support in my less than stellar alt and dps in the "main".

Can't wait to see the muder that is bastion shred everyone, over at reddit they have this video where a tracter empties her clip on his critc and he just sprays her, heals and goes back and murders some more. Oh and the spawn thingy...basically if you don't win attack don't bother?

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
I did fine against those comps, winning 7w/2l/1d I used to blame my team a lot but I'm more comfortable solo healing than I am playing with fools who can't Lucio or Zen.

Aside from that last note maybe change character? If you can't win then it's not just your team's fault. If you're not supporting well ask to switch, if you're not dpsing well ask to switch, if you're not ranking well ask to switch

Edit: I solo queue and if you don't get a rein that's a pussy you're going to win
I don't think I ever blamed my team lol. Two losses were because of a glitch where the point runs down while you're still in it, both matches were in round 5 I should add, one was because a guy rage quit, so it's an auto loss at that point, and 1 was because a teammate was legitimately throwing the game by sitting by the other team's spawn, spamming hello, and wallriding.

I solo queue as well and I run whatever my team needs or dps for this season at least, unless we discuss a specific comp. So were these placement matches a joke? Yes. How can they not be when you roll top 500 peeps with Mercy + Bastion and Symmetra + Torb on Anubis where the game comes down to us running quad dps on attack.

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't think I ever blamed my team lol. Two losses were because of a glitch where the point runs down while you're still in it, both matches were in round 5 I should add, one was because a guy rage quit, so it's an auto loss at that point, and 1 was because a teammate was legitimately throwing the game by sitting by the other team's spawn, spamming hello, and wallriding.

I solo queue as well and I run whatever my team needs or dps for this season at least, unless we discuss a specific comp. So were these placement matches a joke? Yes. How can they not be when you roll top 500 peeps with Mercy + Bastion and Symmetra + Torb on Anubis where the game comes down to us running quad dps on attack.
Dude, honestly you're blaming team even though you said you aren't. I won 5v6 in placement and all that shit. Don't call it a joke because you're doing the best you can under unfavorable situations. You have to remember that the other team can get a similar situation all the same. Your language is just tilted instead of improving

Edit: quad dps is a viable, also

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Dude, honestly you're blaming team even though you said you aren't. I won 5v6 in placement and all that shit. Don't call it a joke because you're doing the best you can under unfavorable situations. You have to remember that the other team can get a similar situation all the same. Your language is just tilted instead of improving

Edit: quad dps is a viable, also
Lol, I'm sure those 5v6's you had weren't on control with master/gmasters. The wins, losses, and tie were all a joke. Every game. It doesn't matter what the turnout was because the strategies and character pairs that worked together were stupidly overpowered. All I saw from the placement matches was Bastion is just a better soldier and pretty broke and with the turret buff console is cancer.

Besides that, I still don't see how I'm blaming my team for losing a 5v6. I'm blaming the shitty circumstance as causing our loss. I don't remembers saying it was my team's fault or that we couldn't have won the game where the one dude was throwing. The only reason we didn't win that game is because we got out-ulted. Pretty simple concept, we had 5 ults and they had 6, so we lost. So I guess I am blaming the one individual for costing us the match when he wasn't participating, but then again, that's the only logical answer to the situation.

For the loss where the guy quit after we won the first round, yeah, obviously I'm going to blame him, because it was an incredibly close overtime win first round and then we got steam-rolled because we had no way to match the other team's damage. 2 dps, hog, Zarya, Ana can only get you so far when they just need to win one team fight to get a Bastion set up at any important choke and that's the round. The reason we were so close to winning the one with the guy throwing it was because it was the second lowest in rank placement match I had and the other team didn't run bastion.

Yeah, I know quad dps is viable, since it was late season 3 no we used it on Hanamura and Volskaya, but the meta has become if the other team is using pocketed bastion + mercy and symmetra + torb, you have to run it no matter what. Unless the defending team happens to be garbage, you can't break this defense on most of the non-control maps.

Am I tilted? Not really. Am I disappointed with how the meta is turning out thus far? Yes. This meta is somehow more cancer than triple/quad tank. They buffed one character too much to the point that it seems like blizzard was attempting to give other characters like Sombra and Mercy more viability, but that's just bad development. If these two characters aren't being used, then they need changes in their design to make them a better pick in the game. This is regardless of the Bastion change, but maybe Mercy's viability would go up slightly with the invincibility buff alone, but characteristics with her tool kit need to change for her to gain usage. Sombra is an obviously weak hero as well, and even if she has been used on some maps for abusing ults and health packs, she has minimal usage. Again, something needs to change with her kit to make her more viable and to make her usage rise. You can't justify buffing one character to the point of forcing a team to run Mercy to support it or Sombra to counter it as a solid way to develop a game. Don't design a character to be broken just to force teams into running lesser used and weaker characters in order to beat it.

HailFall

finished placements. thats like 40 sr higher than i ended the season with. bastion is ez wins. judging by how other peoples post-placement games have gone, if i win one more i should be plat.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
First account placed, the new smurf to play with friends, 8-2 duoing, got 2910, ended it 2888. 4-0 on main one, will finish tomorrow!

HailFall

ok i changed my mind bastion is literally ruining the game

literally the most ridiculous thing ive ever seen in this game. I think bastion rn is stronger than ana was at her strongest. he is gamebreaking

2-2 rn. Got both wins today in a 3 stack. Both losses were in a 5 stack verses 6 stacks :( Lol first game our rein was using the bathroom on Hanamura defense and didn't make it back in time so the other team killed him while he was using the sitting emote in front of the choke on point A. We held them pretty easily on the next point but didn't manage to cap first point on attack so idk if it really mattered. It was pretty funny tho. I'm planning on finishing the rest tonight and tomorrow so wish me luck!

alt account placed 2730. hanamura for the last 3 games in a row w/ uncooporative 3-stacks who dont join team voice killed my vibe. Plus I had to fill rein/ana when the whole point of me making the alt was to play dps or other chars I dont play normally. at least i dont have to worry about that brutal rank decay.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ok i changed my mind bastion is literally ruining the game

literally the most ridiculous thing ive ever seen in this game. I think bastion rn is stronger than ana was at her strongest. he is gamebreaking
The bastion we have right now is close to being on the same level as launch McCree lmao.

HailFall

I haven't even looked at any of the abilities or anything but I'm already an orisa main

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Basic info on her abilities:

Ult: Put something on the ground that gives everyone within its LoS (the thing's, not Orisa's) a mercy damage buff for 15 seconds
Right click: shoot once to fire a green blob, shoot again (or wait till it hits a wall/the ground) to detonate it. It pulls everyone within a range to it. Think of a mini graviton surge, except on an 8 second cooldown and it lasts for a second.
Shift: Reduce damage taken and immune to crowd control abilities (things like Pharah's E, unsure if Rein ult hits through it yet). Lasts 4 seconds, 10 secs cooldown.
E: deploy on the ground to put up a shield with 900 hp. The shield is in the shape of half a circle if that makes sense, like a Rein shield except curved at the top. 12 secs cooldown.

Her gun has 200 clips and her reload feels like its the slowest in the game. When she shoots she's a bit slower, like dva. She has 200 HP and 200 Armour, no passive ability. Idk if she has fall-off yet on her main weapon.

She feels absolutely fucking insane.

Here's stylosa wrecking some bots with her:

a bunch of streamers on twitch are streaming PTR gameplay with her also.

Finished 5-5 and got placed at 2190, exactly 250 points lower than i finished last season. I'm pretty happy with it. Last season was my first playing comp and I hit my goal of platinum, so this season I'm obviously shooting for diamond. I improved so much from when I started playing comp till the end of the season, so hopefully I can keep improving.

Also no one's mentioned it here yet but on PTR Bastion's Ironclad is being reduced from 35% damage resistance to 20%! As someone who mainly plays Pharah this change can't go live soon enough. It's f***ing crazy that she went from a Bastion counter to being countered by him. It's literally impossible to kill him if he has any team support, but that's true for about every hero in the game rn.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
New hero looks really cool and fun, I'm probably gonna use it a lot!

Finished main account placements, 6-2-2 and got 3885. I ended s3 at 3929. After several games including too many 2cp, I'm almost where I ended s3, time to get Gm x)

Matthew

I'm still not sure whether or not the new hero is a main or off tank. Maybe it will take a lot to throw Rein of his mountain and every tank bar him will always be seen as an off tank.

The ability is there but you're not going to run her in a dive comp most likely and she lacks the strength of rein

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)