NOC Why is there a gun in my popcorn? GAME OVER SCUM WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
i feel like shooting bc you dislike someone is not the key to winning this game but maybe thats what the mafia wanted giving it to texas????????

Clearly the situation is that Texas is a scum and gave the gun to himself to make us think that he wants to shoot haruno and thus clearly qualify haruno as a scum and also bringing us to LYLO where if Texas doesn't shoot himself town loses. Glad we cleared this up.

Okay, I wish I could be surprised that this conversation didn't leave the same general loop as last I saw, but I *was* keeping tabs on the thread.

Anyway, going over it again, I noticed something odd - posts 62 and 63. Blazade's posts about policy lynching idlers and then saying someone is going to have to be a hero, but second best. The first time I saw that I didn't think much of it (in no small part due to having a Pathfinder game that was happening at that time), but now I think it might have been something else. It looks first like defeatism, saying we can't guess the mafia until it's 2 v mafia, but what if he's trying to direct us into that defeatism to make us not try as hard yet?

Granted, he (on the same page) said he misread the rules and thought a mislynch killed both and caused another choice. But EVEN THEN, it's not nearly guaranteed to go like that. And in post 112, he's in favor of shooting someone whenever to validate their reads, except idlers. Even if that made much sense (that way would be too easy for a gunbearer to misfire), it's a sharp turn from his line about policy lynching only being worth it on idlers.

I strongly FoS Blazade for that.

hey guys can we not shit up the thread with "witty" one-liners it distracts me from the important things like josh's valiant defense of haruno :toast:

thanks

-jalmont

ps i have some interesting theories regarding this game so lookin forward to see if i'm right. either that or im gonna sub for school obligations. :D

Yeti

dark saturday
can we not flood this thread with mu/ms jargon and theories it becomes borderline unreadable when you dont know wtf all their slang means

thx, the management

Okay, I wish I could be surprised that this conversation didn't leave the same general loop as last I saw, but I *was* keeping tabs on the thread.

Anyway, going over it again, I noticed something odd - posts 62 and 63. Blazade's posts about policy lynching idlers and then saying someone is going to have to be a hero, but second best. The first time I saw that I didn't think much of it (in no small part due to having a Pathfinder game that was happening at that time), but now I think it might have been something else. It looks first like defeatism, saying we can't guess the mafia until it's 2 v mafia, but what if he's trying to direct us into that defeatism to make us not try as hard yet?

Granted, he (on the same page) said he misread the rules and thought a mislynch killed both and caused another choice. But EVEN THEN, it's not nearly guaranteed to go like that. And in post 112, he's in favor of shooting someone whenever to validate their reads, except idlers. Even if that made much sense (that way would be too easy for a gunbearer to misfire), it's a sharp turn from his line about policy lynching only being worth it on idlers.

I strongly FoS Blazade for that.
In the cases where town wins before it goes down to two then yeah that's better, but in order for mafia to win they have to go down to 2 town. I was under a false assumption on how the gunbearer would be selected but I was also saying that in that scenario we want to have our best people on the job in an abstract sense.

I also kind of reinforced that point by saying that people who discuss a lot are valuable whenever they are shot, but can be delayed if they're making good reads and connections, an advantage idlers do not offer.

I'm not defeatist except in the D1 NOC sense. That's always going to suck, though.

Yeti

dark saturday
im inclined to suspect unclesam and blazade because if one/both are mafia they're the biggest threats to my win

the rest of u idk if ur good or not

haruno has good reads but buffoon actions, i feel like his hooliganism is directly proportional to his town alignment

@ everyone who do u think is the biggest threat to u if they are mafia itg

As for the giving the gun to Texas debate, i believe the mafia simply wanted to give it to a stronger player first, and hope they miss-shoot to get rid of them early. I could be wrong and it could be more complex than that such as this "he'll shoot Haruno" idea, but i like to think the simpler solutions are more likely.
I agree completely with you idea, but are you sure that "Give texas a gun and he'll shoot haruno" is more complex than "give it to a stronk player so that they die early"? I feel like those are both equally reasonable ideas, and that one is not necessarily more complex than the other.

a key point about this game (town thinks its great, mafia not so much) is that when town is "killed", they don't die. They get to pick their choices for "kills" before they die. So there doesn't really seem to be a major disadvantage to shooting town. Obviously, that assumes we remove Living Winners.

a key point about this game (town thinks its great, mafia not so much) is that when town is "killed", they don't die. They get to pick their choices for "kills" before they die. So there doesn't really seem to be a major disadvantage to shooting town. Obviously, that assumes we remove Living Winners.
to clarify, I meant "shooting town that you think has a chance to be scum" and not "shooting super townreads"

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
except every townie needs to get shot at some point for mafia to win so it's still definitely not safe to just merrily shoot someone who you soft town read

i wanna iso yeti bc of how much you're rubbing me the wrong way, but i cbq, so instead i'll just say yeti is rubbing me the wrong way and is giving some very weak speaks. the other weak speakers i kinda expect it from re: jalmont, moody,,, but not yeti?
also empoof is icky but not to the extent yeti is. haruno is playing a haruno game, and that's all the relevant info. texas should shoot haruno and then let haruno kill all the mafia, y/y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)