SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I was under the impression it would be like the gift Magearna that it could be Synchronized, but yeah if that doesn't work I'll just have to SR it. As for leaving it untouched for those who want it untouched, I guess I can SR for optimal stats, but if my patience wears thin (my luck is trash and I don't have too much patience), then too bad for them. I'm guessing timid or naive is the way to go?
Timid and Modest are the most popular sets, although Naive could work if you want a mixed set or even Adamant if you want a gimmicky Z-Mirror Move set.

Oh, so according to Bulbapedia, I can actually get one Shiny Tapu Koko per day per 3DS from 7-11, which is how I'm planning to get mine. Does anyone know how 7-Spot works?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it
I read the link out of curiosity, and it sounds like that refers to how many that system will let each 3DS get, but that doesn't mean a game can receive more than one. You'll still only be able to get one per save file. If you have both games and can restart one without losing anything, you could redeem multiple codes, but you'd have to soft-reset each one to your satisfaction (and trade/Bank it) before starting a new file and getting the next one.

I read the link out of curiosity, and it sounds like that refers to how many that system will let each 3DS get, but that doesn't mean a game can receive more than one. You'll still only be able to get one per save file. If you have both games and can restart one without losing anything, you could redeem multiple codes, but you'd have to soft-reset each one to your satisfaction (and trade/Bank it) before starting a new file and getting the next one.
Yeah, I understand that, it'll just give me another way of giving them out if people want to SR for their own. I'm just not sure how the codes will be saved though.

EDIT: Ah, so the website says it'll show the code on-screen and I need to copy it down. That legit means I can get 48 shiny Tapu Koko codes if I go every day (I don't think I will because I have a trip planned with a few friends and idk if there's a 7-11 in that area)

Last edited:
Okay, I was under the impression it would be like the gift Magearna that it could be Synchronized, but yeah if that doesn't work I'll just have to SR it. As for leaving it untouched for those who want it untouched, I guess I can SR for optimal stats, but if my patience wears thin (my luck is trash and I don't have too much patience), then too bad for them. I'm guessing timid or naive is the way to go?
Magearna was through QR Scan, not through Mystery Gift. If you have to receive it from the delivery man, you will not be able to Synchronize the nature.

Magearna was through QR Scan, not through Mystery Gift. If you have to receive it from the delivery man, you will not be able to Synchronize the nature.
Magearna was through QR scan, but the delivery man still gave it to you, and the Porygon given to you in-game can also be Synchronized, that's why I thought this Tapu Koko will be the same. I guess we'll find out on Friday when I get mine.

Magearna was through QR scan, but the delivery man still gave it to you, and the Porygon given to you in-game can also be Synchronized, that's why I thought this Tapu Koko will be the same. I guess we'll find out on Friday when I get mine.
A guy gives Magearna to you, but not "the delivery man" as it was meant there. If it's through Mystery Gift, it's not synch-able. Gifts delivered not through Mystery Gift have been.

A guy gives Magearna to you, but not "the delivery man" as it was meant there. If it's through Mystery Gift, it's not synch-able. Gifts delivered not through Mystery Gift have been.
Ah okay, thanks for clearing it up. SRing still works though, right?

I don't believe Old Amber can be found in SM but you can receive an Aerodactyl in Seafolk Village from the NPC on the Huntail boat.
Ah, thanks.

It's so weird how the NPC gives you Aerodactyl directly instead of giving you Old Amber (as is the case in every other game). I think the most annoying part is that there's no context, reason, or backstory to it; just "Travelling around Alola is fun. Hey do you want an Aerodactyl?" without giving the player any explanation to how this NPC would have gotten Aerodactyl in the first place. It just seems really out of place.

Ah, thanks.

It's so weird how the NPC gives you Aerodactyl directly instead of giving you Old Amber (as is the case in every other game). I think the most annoying part is that there's no context, reason, or backstory to it; just "Travelling around Alola is fun. Hey do you want an Aerodactyl?" without giving the player any explanation to how this NPC would have gotten Aerodactyl in the first place. It just seems really out of place.
Not so different from GSC where another completely random NPC asks for a Chansey in exchange of an Aerodactyl.

Is there a specific guide how to get a competitive Tauros with Body Slam from the VC games? Or is it just hope for the best and item glitch for single use TMs?

Is there a specific guide how to get a competitive Tauros with Body Slam from the VC games? Or is it just hope for the best and item glitch for single use TMs?
In this thread it is explained how to get the desired nature:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-bank-update-for-gen-7-and-rby-vc-is-up.3593761/

It depends on the experience of the pokemon you transfer.
Also if I remember correctly three IVs are granted to be perfect, but the other are random, so you have to hyper train it to have good stats.

Have the item rates for Pickup been calculated? I've read that in this gen all items are obtainable at all levels, but the Pickup rate changes depending on the user's level...

Have they announced a way to get the Beedrilite for those who didn't participate in the February tournament?
All Mega Stones from the competitions will be released via a shared serial code about a month or two after they're released to the competition participants. They announced this shortly after they announced that they would be distributing Mega Stones through a number of their online competitions.

I never got the Heavy Ball or whatever it was from the last Global Event (I think it was the Wonder Trade one?) Where am I supposed to get it from? I got the boosted FC from participation and assumed the ball would come with it, but I was wrong.

EDIT: Never mind, found the answer.

Last edited:

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
This was asked on the Battle Tree Discord channel, curious if anyone has used Comfey & Ribombee enough to know:

mechanic question
would triage give priority to Pollen Puff if used on an ally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)