SM OU Immortal Bulu Core Team

Just looking for a bit of feedback on a very specific thing, but more on that later. This team, for the most part, has proven to be nearly untouchable. However, it does have a few weaknesses I need ideas to account for. First off, here's the current team (IVs will be all perfect/HT unless stated otherwise, just so I have less to type):

Heatran (F) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 31 Atk (didn't have IV checker atm)
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Taunt

Heatran serves a couple roles. Firsst, thanks to Magma Storm it can trap the enemy in (although on both showdown and the actual game everything can simply switch out when trapped. I don't know why though.) This then allows a team member to use them as setup fodder or, if the trapped mon is a notable threat, it gives me an easy opportunity to remove them quickly. With Grassnium Z Solar Beam becomes an insanely powerful nuke, allowing me to remove Bulky Water types or other notable threats. Flash Fire allows me to completely shut down fire types.

Magnezone @ Chople Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon

Magnezone has a single role in this team, but it's quite the important one. Using Magnet Pull, Magnezone can trap enemy steel types to clear the way for Bulu (although once again, trapping isn't working on Showdown or in Moon). This comes especially in handy in removing the likes of Celesteela and Skarmory.

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leech Seed
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Brick Break

Tapu Bulu is the bread and butter of this team. However, it can be a bit tricky to use. The set I run requires some time to set up but once it gets going it isn't gonna die easy. Combine Leftovers, Grassy Terrain, Leech Seed and Horn Leech and all damage you take will be restored. Bulk Up adds some fire power as well as extra bulk. However, Special Attacks aren't a thing Bulu enjoys.

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Greninja has two roles. One: Greninja makes for an amazing wallbreaker. Two: The use of U-Turn allows Greninja to serve as a pivot. When it comes to picking my attack I tend to choose Dark Pulse for its neutral coverage. While Greninja may be an insane wall breaker, he is a bit of a glass cannon, especially if he doesn't get the chance to transform.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Haze

Toxapex is merely a placeholder. The goal is to replace it with a bulky means of hazard control. The reason for picking Toxapex as placeholder is to remind me I need a physical wall. Nothing else to say.

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere

Magearna serves as many things. A special wall, special sweeper (after Soul Heart gets her going), fairy and dragon type check, and a pivot are all functions Magearna serves on this team. Thanks to Assault Vest she (feminine looking so I'll be saying she) can take a special hit quite well, giving her the chance she needs to get Soul Heart going. Once she's boosted, she'll begin her sweep using her vast arsenal of coverage moves. If I need a slow pivot she's got that covered too.

Now, the weakness I've noticed with this team is that it can't deal with Hazards well, which is why I plan to replace Toxapex (currently a placeholder). I need some ideas on Hazard control for this team, but with some criteria.

>It must be a physical wall
>It must fit with the team
>Since this team is for use on the Battle Spot, if it relies on an item already in use (the only reason I don't use Mantine) an alternate item would be amazing.

I was thinking of using Tentacruel or maybe Mega Sableye but I'm not sure if either would fit the team. Thanks for taking the time to help.

Last edited:

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi, unfortunately I'll have to lock your RMT as the forum rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Edit: Reopened

Last edited:
Just pointing something out; if you (heatran) swap out when opponent is trapped by magma storm, the trapping effect wears off.

And magnet pull zone only trapps steel types.
Only exception bring doublade as ghost types can not be trapped

Just pointing something out; if you (heatran) swap out when opponent is trapped by magma storm, the trapping effect wears off.

And magnet pull zone only trapps steel types.
Only exception bring doublade as ghost types can not be trapped
I know how the trapping works.It's been a bit glitchy at times for me though.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
I know how the trapping works.It's been a bit glitchy at times for me though.
Trapping isn't glitchy unless it only happens to you/noone else noticed, if it keeps happening make sure to save the replays and report it as a bug though. Don't forget that ghost types and Shed Shell users can escape trapping and the trapping effect from Magma wears off after a couple of turns

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)