Forming UU team, Please help!!!

Well, if that's how you guys feel, though I don't see why you have to be so negative... I don't ruin your "pokemon rants", do I? I've been undertstanding, I don't rip your opinions to pieces. I don't need you guys to agree with me, I would just appreciate it if any ideas I present aren't immidiately shut down.

@ foresty: what was childish about my post? I was merely presenting my point. If you've never used pokemon for any length of time, you don't have a clear undertsnading of it's playing style, advantages, and disadvantages. Thus, you cannot make a clear judgement on it. If your expierience using a pokemon wasn't favourable, well, thats too bad for you. But if I used a pokemon, and really enjoyed it, and found it preformed decently, I should be allowed to say so.

You don't have to quote snippets of information, posting witty comebacks if you do not agree with me. I'm sure there will always be pokemon that I like and you hate, and the other way around, but if I went on a big hate fest every time I disagreed with someone, well, I would probably be banned by now.

Initially I had no problem with you expressing your passion for Crawdaunt, whilst I may not have agreed, I was willing to continue listening and considering what you had to say on the subject.

Unfortunately after your "You guys should shut up" post I lost any respect for or interest in what you had to say.

Personally I did not appreciate the implication that I was (and according to your last post still am) arbitrarily commenting without any experience or knowledge of the subject, or that I was/am stopping you from expressing any opinion - disagreement does not constitute outright dismissal.

If my last post came across as negative this was the reason behind it, not that your opinion differs from mine, I'm not that petty ... I have said all that I am going to on this subject.

Nobody is tearing down your opinion. We're just saying that Sharpedo basically outclasses him, in other words, there are better choices. Nobody ever said "don't use him." And please, don't come on here and talk about stuff such as being negative and you don't know why. These are message boards, people are going to be negative/against you sometimes, and the key is not to make yourself look like a little kid in defending your claim. Although, you kinda messed up on that part, and unfortunatley you cannot go back.

Skiddle said:
I was merely presenting my point.
In a very annoying, rude, defensive way, yes. Which, mainly, makes it rather childish.

Skiddle said:
But if I used a pokemon, and really enjoyed it, and found it preformed decently, I should be allowed to say so.
Nobody told you not to. Again, the fact of Sharpedo being better was just enlightened on everyone.

Skiddle said:
You don't have to quote snippets of information, posting witty comebacks if you do not agree with me.
=D

@ foresty: what was childish about my post?
Besides the fact you were blatantly rude to everyone?

Here I'll make it clearer in case you have non-existant memory.

"You guys should just shut up about Crawdaunt."

Do I need to make it bigger plus flashing out in a fetching shade of bright neon pink or do you see it yet?

I'm sure there will always be pokemon that I like and you hate
Right now I think the hate isn't even aimed at a Pokemon.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah...so time to stop arguing with each other just because of an opinion. I know Skiddle didn't say his opinions in the best way, but remember, he didn't say it was a fact, but just an opinion. Skiddle, just try not to get frustrated when someone says something that counteracts your opinion. It's generally not that great of an idea.

Let's bring this topic back, alrighty? =]

Now...I have a crazy idea. There's a certain duck that everyone hates, and he is very farfetched. Here's my moveset idea for this thing...I've tried it before, and it worked alright in standards. This thing is so cool that I had to think of a way to make it usable!

Farfetch'd @Leftovers
EVs: 238 hp/192 def/72 sdef
Careful Nature (+sdef, -satk)
Ability: Inner Focus

~ Knock Off
~ Wish
~ Protect
~ U-Turn

Heh, well this is the set that I tried in standards. This is the best way to abuse Farfetch'd's unique niche. His niche being the only Normal/Flying to learn Knock Off and Wish together (NYPC). Ok, now there are a few things that this can do: I know it seems stupid to have U-Turn as Farfy's only attack, but there's not much good it can do while attacking since it gets outclassed SEVERELY while doing that, so U-Turn is also utility, so it'll help the team out by scouting...although even with the defensive EVs, it takes hits very hard. Protect is better for scouting and for Wishing to recover his own health.

It won't be nice to switch into this if there's good prediction afoot, because Farfy does have Knock Off, which is very useful. Nothing likes getting their items Knocked Off.

Wish helps the team majorly, and there's not a huge amount of Wishers in the game, so gotta abuse the ones that are there. Farfetch'd with all these defensive EVs can usually set up a Wishpass pretty easily, provided that it doesn't get murdered when it switches in.

Yeah, so that's it. I know this set isn't that good, but I just wanted to state my experience with Farfetch'd since I was crazy enough to use him.... -.-

If you actually want to take this set seriously, be my guest.

Ok... sorry about the "shut up about crawdaunt" thing, I was hoping it would change the subject... I didn't mean that "you guys should shut up" I meant "lets stop talking about it"

Heh, what happened to the original poster? I think he's long gone.

Im right here Skiddle^_^

and i only have one thing to say about the crawdaunt=sharpedo war; i don't realy think im gona use either of them. based on :

No he doesn't if it opens him up to another electric & grass weakness.
It does nothing for synergy here...

...A Dark type would be nice to compliment Rotom too but not a Dark/Water and there are other stuff out there. Like Psychics and Steel.
grasss/elec weaknesses aren't fun. What are some other good dark types in UU/BL

BTW YALL; I HAPPEN TO BE FEMALE >_<

I like using CBAbsol. Comes in a Pokemon that it would normally cause a Switch on like any Ghost/Psychic and CBPursuits them. Also has Sucker Punch with CB.

Watch out for HP:Fighting Mismagius if you're going for the Pursuit.

I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if it's been mentioned already, but Porygon2 kicks immense ammounts of ass. BoltBeam, STAB Tri Attack, Recover, Trace, and many other options. He's great IMO.

He's damn near BL since his Trace Defensive set is absolutely amazing for a ton of reasons (Gyarados Intimidate, Heatran Flash Fire, Vire Motor Drive the most, lots of smaller uses too) and Boltbeam from a good Sp.Atk should never be looked down on.
Additionally, he's #89 in the most recent usage list.

Sorry there. Noted and remembered.

And you're not limited to only Dark types, a psychic or steel would also have the same uses so add them into your considerations.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/psychic.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/steel.shtml

In fact since you have some really high bug resistance. Even funnier to note is Toxicroak is resistant to every single move a standard Heracross has.

-Your bug resistances are Toxicroak 4x, Poliwrath 2x, Rotom 2x
-Fighting resistance is Toxicroak 2x and Rotom immune.
-Dark resistance is Toxicroak 2x and Poliwrath 2x.
-Rock is Toxicorak 2x and Poliwrath 2x.

Therefore because of this a psychic and steel can be considered along with dark as well since you already have their main weakness covered. Wheras all 3 types would resist Psychic with Dark being immune, if you could find one which even resists flying as well that'd be a bonus.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
BL Pokemon? Then you have several nice options. Let me introduce you to one of my favorite Pokemon... xD

Hi, my name is Porygon2. I'm the most overly specialized Gyarados killer ever, who happens to be #3 on Shoddy's most used list. I can use Trick Room without being afraid of U-turn, I can cripple a lot, and I can also kill physical Salamence, Gliscor, Skarmory, and any Vaporeons who don't Sub-pass, amongst others. AoK hypes me way too much and likes to mention me whenever possible, xD but I would seriously inspire you to take a look at me because I do wonderfully on the right team. I have decent defenses, a nice movepool (with Recover), and Trace, so yay. ^_^;;
Since Porygon2 came up, I post this again. ^______^

So am I, but that point is hard to come across when one of your favorite games happens to include the word 'Kings' in the title. So you don't have it as hard as I do. xD *pokes sig*

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Therefore because of this a psychic and steel can be considered along with dark as well since you already have their main weakness covered. Wheras all 3 types would resist Psychic with Dark being immune, if you could find one which even resists flying as well that'd be a bonus.
I believe that Solrock and Lunatone resist both Psychic and Flying. Plus an immunity to Toxicroak's other weakness of Ground thanks to Levitate. I do believe that one of them could be a great partner with Toxicroak.

I believe that Solrock and Lunatone resist both Psychic and Flying. Plus an immunity to Toxicroak's other weakness of Ground thanks to Levitate. I do believe that one of them could be a great partner with Toxicroak.
Calm Mind Lunatone worked great for me in Advance. Took down Alakazams, swept teams with a Salac, and laughed as other Pokemon used EQ on it. DP kinda killed it, though, with the prevalence of Dark, increased usage of Grass, physical Water attack, better Fighting attacks, Choice Scarf, etc. Nonetheless, Calm Mind, Psychic, Ice Beam, and an HP of choice gets fair coverage, and the other common Lunatone weaknesses (Dark, Grass, Water) are completely covered by Toxicroak alone.

Basically, I'm just emphasizing Bologo's point that Lunatone (and, to a lesser extent IMO, Solrock) supplements your team quite well.

Lunatone does sound pretty sweet. Though now i need to start thinking about how to put them together in an efficient team...

If it helps to know in terms of support, Lunatone and Poliwrath both pack Hypnosis. Rotom is capable of parafusion, trick, burn, light screen and reflect. Make no mistake about it, whatever you choose to assign Rotom is made to be support.

go with someone like electrode or rotom. both can support pretty well. its just that electrode is the 3rd fasted pokemon but rotom can learn differnt and more effcient moves

go with someone like electrode or rotom. both can support pretty well. its just that electrode is the 3rd fasted pokemon but rotom can learn differnt and more effcient moves
im sticking with rotom so he can help cover some psychic types.

Right now its a tie between double status and parafusion on Rotom, but im leaning for double status. Since ill be packing rain dance support ill put thunder on him too

I like the idea of having a Clefable for a special sweeper and Toxicroak for a physical one.

Poliwrath for rain dance support and ground/rock types that can EQ Toxicroak (aka Tyranitar)

er..defensive muck? i'm not sure about what to have for tanks yet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)