Half-siblings

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
Does anyone here have any half-siblings? If so, is the relationship pretty much the same as you'd consider a normal sibling relationship? Does your mom/dad (whichever parent you share with them) treat them better/worse than you?

I don't have any half-siblings, but I've always wondered what it's like to have one. I do have a half-aunt, half-uncle and three half-cousins for whatever that's worth.

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
My half-siblings are notably older than me (a bit over a decade or so), which is probably common but it adds another layer to the relationship I guess. At times, they acted more like parents to me and my full sister than what you'd expect of a sibling, but that's more of the age difference than anything else I'd assume.

I wouldn't really say my parent treated them any differently, but I really don't know if they'd say the same.

I will say that I never refer to them as half-siblings. They are my brother and sister and adding the "half" label seems really dumb.

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have four! Two sisters from dad's side and two brothers from mom's side. The youngest is 8 years older than me. My dad has always made a difference between my sisters and I, which led us to arguing a lot. I never had much in common with them. With my brothers it's a different story. While my sisters lived in their mother's place, I lived with my brothers and my parents. We've always been close and I'm close with their dad as well. My brothers and I go out together a lot and I've never in my life called them half brothers. To me they're my brothers and I love them.

Last edited:

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
I have to agree with HeaLnDeaL & anto. I have always thought of my siblings as my family, not my half family :toast:.
That goes both ways too, they always have my back just like I have theirs. That is what family is all about and in the end when your days are numbered and you have to say good bye, it is the people in your life that will hurt the most so you better treat them right while you still have time.

My Dad has 3 - 2 brothers, one sister. They all just treat each other as brothers and sisters, even though there's around a decade between him and the oldest of his half siblings. The fact that they're only half brothers / sisters is never discussed.

I have three from my dad's side. They're much older than me and I haven't seen them since I was like five, so I've never actually had a conversation with them. I do hope to reach out to them sometime in the near future, though.

Flare

ENDURANCE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have like 5 half brothers from my Dad's side, and to be honest they aren't quite...family caring. I only interact mostly with like two of them I guess.

Raidx

Banned deucer.
I have a half sister on my father's side who I never met because well, I never actually met my father. I met her on Facebook years and years ago and we got along pretty well but then we sorta just lost contact. She's about a good 6 maybe 7 years old than me. Honestly I don't even know much about my father so it could be possible that I have other half siblings unbeknownst to me, but frankly I don't really care.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
I'm adopted and have seven sisters (some of them are also adopted). While I have absolutely zero relationship with three of them, the others and I are pretty close.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Seeing as the topic of adoption has come up here in this thread, I have three adopted siblings, and of the three, I get along quite well with two of them. The third, well, let's just say he went off the deep end and got into bad stuff, but that's mostly because he already had a traumatic past. Unfortunately, I haven't heard from him in ages, and everytime I think about him, I only wish him the best.

my mom has a half sister after my half aunt became an orphan after both her parents died from cancer. they get along really well <3

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
I have 3 half sisters: one from my dad's side and two from my mum's side. All younger than me. The two from my mum's side look completely different to me since I'm half Japanese and English whereas they're half Jamaican and English. I actually get on better with them than I do my full sister.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)