Other Metagames Hackmons team

So. I'd like this team rated, please. This is the team that I've had since I first started playing BH, and I have been adjusting and fixing things here and there. I like having a good but somewhat original team.
This team isn't really based on any one pokemon, but is a collection of strategies I have tried using and worked.

YAAAAAAAAA (Blaziken-Mega) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Cheek Pouch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Fire Lash
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Sword

Not sure if Blaziken is the best choice for this. Belly drum then get back to full hp. Simple, right? Not really. I get walled by Giritina SO MUCH that I only ever bring this out once I've KOed it (or if they don't have one). It's gotten better, mainly because of Zygarde-complete. Giritina is less common because Zygarde is better. It is hard to kill one, but as long as it doesn't have Fur Coat or Unaware, then I'm good. (Sorta)
+6 252 Atk Blaziken-Mega Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 432-508 (67.9 - 79.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Punch (Swampert-Mega) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Fire Lash
- Fusion Bolt
Good switch in if the enemy is using Mold Breaker spore. Otherwise, it's just a decent bulky physical attacker that has perfect neutral coverage. I traded water STAB for coverage, if there's any way to have water+ground+othertype and still get great coverage then please insert that. Also no weaknesses.

o hi m9 (Zygarde-Complete) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 248 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Substitute

Spore/stealth rock then shuffle. Since there's no sleep clause in BH, I can seriously annoy my opponents by saying night-night. Sub for magic bouncers so I don't get spored myself. I can KO all the pokemon weak to stealth rock as seriously weaken others. This is my lead.

Pls pls die! Thx (Gengar-Mega) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Turboblaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Tail Glow
- Boomburst
- Aura Sphere

Standard Imposter-proof sweeper. This is my misc spot that changes a lot. This set here is actually pretty recent but it is better than the last one (adaptability Gallade-Mega)

Not A ditto (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Transform

It's not a ditto.

Spore THIS (Sceptile-Mega) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Contrary
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Ice Hammer

I decided to use Sceptile as my Contrary user because of dual STAB on the SpA moves. It also outspeeds most of the metagame, besides Deoxys-speed and Mega Aerodactyl. (I don't see pheromosa very often.)

Hope you have some suggestions and also HOENN IS THE BEST!!!!!!!

Hi, cool team. This team would probably simply overwhelm low-ladder opponents, ELO < 1300 or so, but against higher-level players, you would probably start playing from the back if you led with your Zygarde-c. Since you'd be playing defensively, you would need defensive switchins to things, which you don't have.

Let's start with lead. Zygarde probably won't be sporing your opponent's lead. That's because a lot of people run Safety Goggles on their leads, and the lead metagame is all about getting momentum either by forcing your opponent to remove entry hazards you've set up or by forcing him to switch out to a defensive mon to avoid being utterly destroyed. Your Zygarde-C can probably do that but against a magic bounce mon, it is simply stopped in its tracks. Against a Fairy type, it can't phaze. It's simply dead weight against too many teams. You can fix this by giving it some ways to retaliate against stuff that might hit it hard sucha s Fairy types or non-Refrigerate wallbreakers, Metal Burst. It also could use a nice pivot move, such as Parting Shot.

Next you need something to take on -ate users. This team gets eaten by a standard -atespeed kyurem-b or an -atespeed Diancie, since Chansey will probably be worn down or lured in. A solid bulky steel type such as Registeel or Solgaleo will keep most of those threats under control, and check a lot of other annoying things too like Mewtwo-mega Y that would otherwise sweep through your team, whose fastest member is currently Mega Gengar. I'm not sure what value Swampert-mega provides defensively, so it would probably be the mon I'd replace. It checks a lot of the same stuff that Zygarde-C does, and its Grass immunity is kind of pointless when there aren't that many Grass attackers, though it does make it immune to spore which is alright I suppose.

You also need a Sturdy Shedinja check that's not Stealth Rock, since that can be removed fairly easily against this team, leaving Shedinja free to switch in and annoy you. Since you're running Turboblaze on your Mega Gengar already, you can switch up Boomburst to Pursuit, and as long as you switch in when Sheddy does not switch out, it just dies.

Now let's talk offense. Your offensive core seems to be Blazicon + Mega Sceptile + Mega Gengar. First of all, Blazicon is horribly slow after it belly drums, even if it has 100% health, so it will almost always have to take a hit before it attacks something, which is definitely what you don't want happening. I'd replace Cheek Pouch with Unburden, and Fire Lash with a stronger Fire move like Sacred Fire. Extreme Speed can be replaced by a move to kill Imposters with such as Acrobatics which does 87.8% to an Imposter, an OHKO after rocks. Also Sacred Sword is simply bad, so I'd change it to High-jump Kick. You're still super walled by unaware users this way though. And with an Unburden boost, you outspeed the entire unboosted meta, up to scarfed base 145 speed Mons.

For your Sceptile-mega, I'dd go with a total Special variant as compared to the mixed sweeper you have. Sceptile's speed is already very solid, so take advantage of that. I'd replace V create with overheat, and Ice Hammer with something like Fleur Cannon to kill Unaware Yveltal which otherwise mows the rest of your team down, or Psycho Boost to KO Mega Gengar without relying on a speed tie, but then you're relying on a move with 90% accuracy, so take your pick.

So what's left is to Imposterproof your mega Sceptile. YOu can do that with a Flash Fire steel type. Registeel is probably the best on as it still resists all-ates except Galvanize, which you can check alright with Zygarde-C or imposter.

Ability: Unburden
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Acrobatics
- Sacred Fire
- High-jump Kick

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
Careful Nature
- Recover
- U-Turn
- Will o Wisp
- Defog / Topsy Turvy

o hi m9 (Zygarde-Complete) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 248 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Parting Shot / Metal burst
- Stealth Rock / Spore
- Dragon Tail
- Haze / Rapid Spin

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Shell Smash
- Pursuit
- Aura Sphere / Secret Sword

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind
- Transform
- Metal Burst

Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
- Fleur Cannon / Psycho Boost

Hope you enjoy, BH is definitely not the easiest meta to play especially for a person used to the normal games, but it's great fun and you have almost infinite possibilities of teams to build, so keep building!

Last edited:
Hmm. Chansey needs some kind of priority that can hit ghosts. Fake out can't break imposter mega gengar. I'll replace metal burst with shadow sneak or bullet punch. I also try to use 100% ac moves as much as possible (besides on contrary users) so I'm not sure about those Blaziken (Not blazikon) move changes. Otherwise, thanks for the ideas. If anyone else has anything, more suggestions would be helpful. ALSO HOENN IS THE BEST AND DANKEST

Edit: I'm not used to the normal game. I joined Showdown just so I could play the OMs they have here.

But you said your Mega Gengar is imposterproof, so you really only need to fear a spooky plate imposter. You can dragon tail it out with Zygarde beacuse I think Zygarde can take a +2 judgment.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
i am a sinnoh kid but i will rate your team anyway.

first off, for zyg you probably want to run safety goggles over leftovers. this is because you will run into not only opposing spores but magic bounce as well; goggles help you get up rocks against crucial mons such as mold breaker deoxys-speed; i say crucial because those mons are usually the leads for sash spam offense teams. in addition to this i would change zygarde to a ghost like giratina; keeping rocks up is just as important as putting them down in the first place. the moves are a bit strange too; zygarde needs recovery or else its colossal bulk goes to waste compromising its ability to switch in on opponents like primal groudon and imposter chansey but we'll get to that later. here are two replacements i can suggest; one takes the team in a more offensive direction while the other makes it more defensive.

(your ad here) (Gengar-Mega) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat
- Memento
- Taunt

gengar is the fastest ghost making it an ideal lead for offensive teams. basically just taunt slow fat guys like registeel and click sr vs faster offensive bois like mmy. magic coat is for the faster deoxys-speed and imposter, just keep spamming it until they switch out unless they have attacks in which case you will need to predict around them. if something uses fake out and does more than 1/3 then switch to chansey immediately because they might have extreme speed and ko. click memento after you get sr up so your next mon such as blaziken can set up more easily.

WAIT I WAS WRONG MAGIC BOUNCE GIRATINA IS BAD (Giratina) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Defog / Rapid Spin
- Heal Order

ok forget what i said about having a ghost as your lead on defensive teams, magic bounce ghosts are absolutely awful because they force 50/50s galore vs normalize gengar which is dumb. just run registeel or something instead. meanwhile the set is pretty straightforward, just get sr up and spam dragon tail after that. be sure not to sac it too early because its defensive typing can come in handy vs bois like mega ray.

i'm not exactly sure what you're trying to accomplish with that swampert set. my assumption is that you want to use it as a sort of tank that can take hits and hit back. if that's the case then i recommend changing the ability to fur coat to better check primal groudon and psystrike mega mewtwo y two of the main threats in bh. a set of thousand waves/scald/volt switch/recover is what i'd recommend because although scald comes off swampert's lower special attack it has a very annoying chance to burn making it harder to switch into safely. the main move of the set is thousand waves which allows you to trap imposter chansey and pp stall it because of swampert's volt switch immunity. against offensive threats go for volt switch even if you think you can win the 1v1 because many offensive threats carry boosting moves such as shell smash meaning that volt switching to a mon like chansey is much safer than blindly going for scald. in addition changing the item to safety goggles gives swampert a key spore immunity. (btw, don't worry about grass attacks because they're not very common in bh; the only good users are mega sceptile, triage heracross and mayyybe shaymin sky) (edit: after a bit of testing on the ladder i think core enforcer is better than scald because it lets you trap and beat up ph users as well; gastro acid is also a good choice because it beats ph xerneas)

on to mega blaze. i wanted to point out that primal groudon generally does this set better but if you want to keep working with blaziken you need to play to its strengths. this is basically blaziken's fighting stab and high mixed attacking stats (but for the record, i don't recommend mixed belly drum sets). to start off i agree with skylake in that unburden is definitely the better ability choice because it increases blaze's speed to the point where only priority can stop it. however i don't know where he got that calc of acrobatics, the correct one is +6 252 Atk Blaziken-Mega Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Chansey: 680-802 (96.5 - 113.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

anyway i think that as for attacks you're best off with a set of close combat/dragon ascent/icicle crash which provides coverage against a ton of mons such as zyg, giratina, imposter, etc and even fat neutral targets like pdon just lose to +6 close combat. icicle crash will miss ofc, if it does this too much you might want to change to ice punch. finally i recommend using an adamant nature because blaziken is much more likely to lose because of low power than low speed.

gengar. basically i agree with skylake's changes here. if you want you can change pursuit to another move such as spore which helps gengar set up but ghost/fighting coverage are all gengar needs because nothing resists them currently. (edit: please change the name. it's dumb imo)

for sceptile i think you should go full special with overheat, however in the last slot i think spore would be very helpful. as someone who has faced sceptile a lot i find that it just beats so many things and spore would make it even more ridiculous to face improving its matchup against regen vest users like solgaleo and dialga as well as slower (aka most) offensive guys with sashes. it also gives you a buffer against possible misses because of the chance that even if you miss the opponent will stay asleep anyway. roost is another option that works if you're especially worried about imposter; your chansey (which will not transform) can usually be switched in vs impostered sceptile but obviously if the imposter has spore chansey will lose. speaking of which, for your chansey i recommend soft-boiled over transform because due to whirlwind nothing can really set up on it anyway. chansey's moves are usually pretty simple to choose because there are only three situations where you will be using them: against an opposing imposter, against an illusion mon, or against a substitute.

finally, a relaxed nature and minimum speed is good on defensive pivots like regi and swampert because it gives them a slow pivot move which is crucial to switch in another mon without taking damage beforehand. in regi's case it dodges core enforcers by being slower.

anyway that should be it! this team looks pretty cool, i want to give it a try now. hope you enjoy it!
Ability: Unburden
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Dragon Ascent
- Icicle Crash
- Close Combat

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Slack Off
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

Punch (Swampert-Mega) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 248 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Recover
- Scald
- Volt Switch

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Shell Smash
- Pursuit
- Secret Sword

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind
- Soft-Boiled
- Metal Burst

Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
- Spore

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thanks! Thanks to both of you.
One Question: Why icicle crash over a fire stab?
fire/fighting is quite redundant coverage; fire would only hit the following:
  • grasses (which are hit by icicle crash)
  • bugs (which are very rare)
  • aegislash
meanwhile icicle crash helps you ohko mons that could normally take a sunsteel such as giratina and zyggy, which are much more common.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)