SM OU Ban this and that and Druddi! Druddigon Hyper BP! (Peaked #4) [1934]

Can Druddigon be considered a viable option when it comes to occupy the Hazard setter slot?

• Total voters
druddigon.png

Hi Smogon!

The fact that pheromosa was banned remains to be a foregone conclusion. Therefore, a legitimate argument could be made about new forms of BP, TR, HO and Stall teams being now viable options. With that being said, I am going to admit that I felt the urge of playing the Mold Breaker game because I consider it to be a BP and Stall disrupter. If by any chance you were to hear from the ability Mold Breaker, first thing that may come to your mind is: Excadrill, but little do they know what other Mold Breaker users are capable of, such as Druddigon, which is the pokemon I built this team around, ever since it is intended to function as a Hazard setter with access to so much great moves for a Mold Breaker performer. I still wonder why Druddigon has been given so little usage over the course of the year.

(Peaked #4) [1934]

(Peaked #1) [1527] - OU Suspect test

(Qualified for reqs) [2708] - Metagrossite

The Team

Druddigon.gif
Mega-Mawile_XY.gif

Not many players have even bothered to run Druddigon as a Hazard setter lead. Majority of players prefer to run Azelf (for HO), Excadrill (for BP) and Uxie (for TR). The explanation to it is because the aforementioned Hazard setters provide more benefits for their respective playstyles than what Druddigon does. But it is until now that I believe in Druddigon being a better Stall and BP disrupter than Excadrill (ever since Druddigon is intended to occupy Excadrill's slot) due to Dudriggon gets access to Glare, Roar and Stealth Rock, and combined with its ability Mold Breaker, Druddigon can do benefitial things for a BP team, but that's a discussion for another time.

Team Building Process

The whole team commenced out of a desire I had about elevating Druddigon. I soon came to a realization that Druddigon doesn't perform as well as I wanted it to when incorporated into a Stall team due to its lack of recovery. Whether it's excellent for HO or not is something that is yet to be seen. But having Druddigon wandering around a BP team was my main intention, reason of why I added the best Baton Pass user: Scolipede.

Then I thought that It would be convenient to add an Espeon over Magearna because it's the best Stored Power user in the game and has the ability of sweeping entire teams, something magearna wouldn't do with that much frequence. Necrozma is the second best Stored Power user because as opposed to Espeon, Necrozma doesn't have the Magic Bounce ability and its set doesn't enable it to check Dark type Pokemons.

Ever since I already had the starting trio of decent Mold Breaker Hazard setter in Druddigon, the best Baton pass user in Scolipede and the best Stored Power user in Espeon, it brought me to the foregone conclusion of coming up with the Tail Glow duo: Manaphy+Xurkitree.

But then I saw that the Tail Glow Duo core wasn't exceeding my expectations. So I decided to get rid of one of them. For this team exclusively, I had a belief that Xurkitree was more fitting than Manaphy was, so I decided to root for Xurkitree this time around (Manaphy can also occupy this lot). Now, here's when an amazing idea pops up in my head. The idea of running multiple Stored Power users. In the wake of this I added Necrozma.

And last but not least, Mega-Mawile. I decided to add mega-Mawile over Mega-Metagross due to its offensive prowess and how versatile its movepool actually is. Regular Mawile also gets Intimidate which is essential when It comes to force switch outs (Mega-Metagross can also occupy this slot as well).

-------------------------
Team Breakdown

Druddigon
Banda_focus.png

Item:
Mental Herb / Focus sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
Ivs: -19 Atk
• Taunt
• Glare
• Roar
• Stealth Rock

Although the team is primarily built around Druddigon, the rest of the team takes advantage evenly from Druddigon's capabilities. Druddigon is capable of setting up Stealth Rock with ease, ever since it has the Mold Breaker ability, which means that the no. 1 Hazard controller (Mega-Sableye) will not detain Druddigon's Hazard setter potential with its ability Magic Bounce. Plus Druddigon has access to Glare, which affects common Ghost-type pokemons too, such as Mimikyu, Gengar and Mega-Sableye. Ground type pokemons are also affected by Glare paralysis status, so getting to have a Landorus-T and a Garchomp paralyzed would be really convenient since your intent is to set up correctly with Baton Pass and keep on boosting later on. Druddigon is one of the few pokemons that have the privilege of thriving at the Roar game due to the Mold Breaker ability. The non-damaging moves:Taunt+Roar+Glare+Stealth rock can certainly catch lots of players off guard. This marvelous movepool causes druddigon to perform at its highest, and Druddigon's held item is Mental Herb, things could only work for better. As Mental Herb activates, Druddigon gets to paralyze the opposing pokemon just to have it paralyzed next turn, and then use Taunt to prevent the opposing pokemon from taunting for a second time or to diminish defoggers potential and secure Hazard, and finally Roar facilitates a plausible multiple paralysis as Druddigon glare spam the upcoming pokemons. In the other hand, for Ice type pokemons I decided to run Yache Berry for living common ice type moves, get to paralyze the target, and still being able to set up rocks because 240 Spe Evs gives Druddigon the advantage of outspeeding 126 Spe BS when they are affected by paralysis status, so getting to outspeed common fast pokemons like: Greninja, Dugtrio, Tornadus-T, Weavile when paralyzed and being able to set up rocks is only going to facilitate a clean Baton pass set up truly. I highly recommend to run Mental Herb as your held item, because that manner there won't be preoccupation of being affected by taunt or encore and so your hazard is now secure as intended.

EV Spread - 252 HP provides Druddigon with endurance to hard hitting moves. 24 SpD to resist potent special attackers like: Greninja(Ice Beam), Tapu lele(Moonblast), Kyurem-b(Ice Beam). Calm Nature makes Druddigon less vulnerable to Foul Play. 232 Spe enables Druddigon to outspeed slower Offensive threats like Mega-Mawile and when the target is affected by paralisys (Glare) it outspeeds fast pokemons under the 123 BS Spe.

Calcs
Resistance(Includes Yache Berry):
252 Atk Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Druddigon: 150-177 (45.1 - 53.3%) -- 30.5% chance to 2HKO
192+ Atk Buzzwole Focus Punch vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Druddigon: 297-351 (89.4 - 105.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Druddigon: 288-338 (86.7 - 101.8%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Druddigon: 255-300 (76.8 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-Black Ice Beam vs. 148 HP / 0 SpD Yache Berry Druddigon: 124-147 (37.3 - 44.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 148 HP / 0 SpD Yache Berry Druddigon: 177-211 (53.3 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Meteor Mash vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Druddigon: 226-267 (68 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
240 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Icicle Crash vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Yache Berry Druddigon: 196-231 (59 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Yache Berry Druddigon: 187-222 (56.3 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Bulky Druddigon Taunt
252+ SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 148 HP / 128+ SpD Druddigon: 296-350 (89.1 - 105.4%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 148 HP / 128+ SpD Druddigon: 283-335 (85.2 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
4 SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Ice Beam vs. 148 HP / 128+ SpD Druddigon: 257-304 (77.4 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Bulky 252 HP / 24SpD / 232Spe Druddigon Taunt
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 24+ SpD Druddigon: 315-374 (87.9 - 104.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 24+ SpD Druddigon: 330-390 (92.1 - 108.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
136+ Atk Heracross-Mega Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Druddigon: 305-365 (85.1 - 101.9%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO
192+ Atk Buzzwole Focus Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Druddigon: 297-351 (82.9 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Offensive prowess:
120+ Atk Mold Breaker Druddigon Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 282-332 (100.3 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
120+ Atk Mold Breaker Druddigon Gunk Shot vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tapu Bulu: 436-516 (154.6 - 182.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
120+ Atk Mold Breaker Druddigon Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Clefable: 294-346 (74.6 - 87.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
120+ Atk Mold Breaker Druddigon Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dugtrio: 105-124 (52.2 - 61.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
120+ Atk Mold Breaker Druddigon Gunk Shot vs. 248 HP / 192 Def Tapu Fini: 184-218 (53.6 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

**Bulky Druddigon Taunt** 252 HP / 24 SpD / 232 Spe (Brand New Update)

Importable for Bulky Druddigon Taunt

Druddigon (M) @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 24 SpD / 232 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Glare
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Calcs
Resistance
252+ SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 148 HP / 128+ SpD Druddigon: 296-350 (89.1 - 105.4%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 148 HP / 128+ SpD Druddigon: 283-335 (85.2 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
4 SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Ice Beam vs. 148 HP / 128+ SpD Druddigon: 257-304 (77.4 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Scolipede
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Item:
Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
Megahorn
Substitute
Protect
Baton Pass

Scolipede is the best Baton Pass performer thus far. Having access to Protect, Substitute, Baton Pass and running Speed Boost as its main ability only worsens the gimmick. Megahorn serves to pick off frail attackers that tend to prevent Stored Power from functioning at its totality. However, by being capable of speeding up other allies that may not be as good as they should be due to their lackluster speed, creates plentyful of possibilities to plot a potential sweep depending on what the weakness of the opponent's team is. Leftovers provides longevity and so that Scolipede can succeed at setting up a Baton Pass multiple times when being prevented from doing so.

EV Spread - 248 HP and 8 Def investment work pretty well to prevent priority moves from wearing Scolipede down with ease. 252 Spe and Jolly nature only to ensure I outspeed common Choice Scarfers, the likes of: Keldeo, Nihilego and Garchomp.

Calcs
Resistance:
252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Scolipede: 102-120 (31.5 - 37.1%) -- 78.9% chance to 3HKO
0 Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Scolipede: 102-120 (31.5 - 37.1%) -- 78.9% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Scolipede: 104-123 (32.1 - 38%) -- 96.3% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Water Shuriken (20 BP) (3 hits) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Scolipede: 228-270 (70.5 - 83.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Espeon
Bag_Kee_Berry_Sprite.png

Item:
Kee Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Stored Power
Morning Sun
Calm Mind
Dazzling Gleam

Espeon is as magical as pitiful. Even though It is considered to best Stored Power performer, its lack of efficiency on the defensive side makes it vulnerable against hard-Hitting physical attackers(Mega-Metagross and Mega-Mawile). Although this set includes maximum HP and Def, plus a Kee berry for better physical defense coverage, it's about just how frail Espeon is, and since Stored Power cannot deal much damage to Mega-Metagross, then it's when Metagross starts the Meteor Mash Spam, forcing Espeon to store its HP by using Morning Sun, while it might get an Atk boost, so I highly suggest to root for Necrozma when dealing with Mega-Metagross and hope that the opponent's team doesn't run a Dark type pokemons because Necrozma only count on Stored Power to deal damage (Espeon has access to Dazzling Gleam). All in all, Espeon is an amazing pokemon, and if it's set up properly, it has the ability of wearing down teams at its entirety. Espeon thrives at decimating Fat Stall teams, shines when it comes to take out another BP team and can catch off guard an unprepared Balanced team. Also it does decent against Balanced team including Potent physical attackers, it all comes down to how well a player gamble the Baton Pass game and the boost game (Speed Boost, Calm Mind, etc).

EV Spread - Maximizes HP and 224 defense to deal with most potent psysical Wallbreakers while making Espeon one point faster than Latios/Gengar Choice Scarf when it's +2 Spe and Tapu Koko when it's +1 Spe by adding 32 Speed.

Calcs
Resistance(Includes Kee Berry +1Def Boost)
252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Meteor Mash vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Espeon: 136-162 (40.7 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Espeon: 127-151 (38 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Play Rough vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Espeon: 183-216 (54.7 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Espeon: 121-144 (36.2 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Necrozma
Seguro_debilidad.png

Item:
Weakness Policy / Maranga Berry
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Nature: Bold (+SpD, -Atk)
Stored Power
Moonlight
Calm Mind
Iron Defense

Necrozma has been very underestimated since early Sun and Moon. Some players would have it wandering around a Stall team as the Hazard setter back those times. Hence, it is not a surprise that Necrozma is being labelled as a Bulky pokemon, but can it be a viable option on the offensive side? Necrozma makes a surprisingly effective physical wall capable of sponging Meteor Mash from Mega-Metagaross, U-turn from both Landorus-T and Mega-Scizor, Thousand Arrows from Zygarde and Play Rough from Mega-Mawile. In addition to that, Necrozma has the ability to keep on boosting its stats while resisting super effective hits to a lesser degree (Prism Armor) and store its HP effortless (Moonlight). Getting to have Speed added to Necrozma (which can easily set up defensive boost in Iron Defense and Calm Mind and gets Stored Power as a powerful STAB), can certainly give an awful fright to whoever. I highly recommend to run Weakness Policy as your held item because it benefits from Necrozma's enthralling ability Prism Armor and your Stored Power potency will only increase.

EV/IV Spread - As for the Evs, I decided to run the OU Stored Power Smogon set, but minimizes attack for reduced Foul Play damage. This set can be found on Smogon effortless.

Xurkitree
Globo_helio.png

Item:
Air Balloon
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
Thunderbolt
Energy Ball
Tail Glow
Hidden Power Ice

Xurkitree's biggest usage is being given in Baton Pass teams and few Hyper Offensive teams. Xurkitree is always going to be there, lurking and poised to wreak havoc. How not to exploit Xurkitree's colossal 173 SpA BS and put a well constructed team in position to lose at any given time? Xurkitree excels at portraying itself as a potent special wallbreaker which has the privilege of running a worthwhile ability in Beast Boost. Air Balloon will have participation when Xurkitree sneaks out on a Ground type move, except for Thousand Arrows. Nevertheless, Xurkitree can easily be picked off by priority moves due to its noticeable frailty. All in all, Tail Glow is properly set up when Xurkitree is subbed, Thunderbolt is the powerful STAB, Energy ball serves to get rid of common Ground/Water type pokemons, while Hidden Power Ice serves more to eliminate common dragon/ground and Flying/ground type pokemons and still get the boost for a more secure sweep.

**This 5th slot can also be occupied by Manaphy to avoid Xurkitree's frailty and prefer bulk over Special potency**

Importable for Manaphy

Manaphy @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow
- Ice Beam

Mega-Mawile_XY.gif

Mega Mawile
Bag_Mawilite_Sprite.png

Item: Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Play Rough
Thunder Punch
Fire Fang
Sucker Punch / Sword Dance

Mega-Mawile is an extraordinaire potent psysical attacker. Despite being too slow, it is all compensated by its attack being doubled due to its superb ability Huge Power. Furthermore, it is admirable just how versatile Mega-mawile's movepool is. It is not normal for a Steel-type pokemon to get Fire-type moves, but Mega-Mawile does in Fire Fang. Thunder Punch helps against common water and flying type pokemons. Sucker Punch provides Mega-Mawile with priority in case the target has already had its HP reduced or for winning the priotity game. And last but not least, Play rough functions as a demolishing STAB move. Regular mawile's ability is Intimidate, which could force switch outs and so that Scolipede can now set up the Baton Pass game rightfully. I highly recommend to add Sword Dance, putting Mega-mawile in position to double its attack while still faster (due to the Speed pass it received from Scolipede) might clearly end up in a wipe-out, although it seems to be situational at first glance.

Threats
Ash-Greninja

I normally don't allow Greninja to transform into Ash-Greninja, but if by any chance it does, make sure to gamble pretty well the Protect and Substitute. Plus you opt to KO Ash-greninja with Megahorn. Espeon checks Ash-Greninja because it gets Dazzling gleam. Also mawile runs Thunder Punch in a worst case scenario.
Volcarona

I highly recommend to keep druddigon on the shelf because it can potentially paralyze Volcarona and disrupt its momentum. If not so, get to set up the Baton Pass successfully and intend to sweep more likely with Xurkitree or Necrozma.

Tapu Fini

Intend to cripple tapu fini by attacking Gunk Shot by Druddigon. If not so, don't enable opposing Tapu Fini to taunt your Baton pass user in Scolipede. It is suggested to Baton Pass at a lower Speed than usual. Both Espeon as Xurkitree are the best choice to pick off Tapu fini.
Heatran

In this case, it is suggested that you manage to accomplish a Baton pass into Espeon, so that you don't get taunted by the oposing heatran nor you get affected by toxic. Either ways, you could also opt to use Xurkitree. Gamble Scolipede's gimmick nicely.

Replays

Magearna trick room+Greninja+Tapu koko+Mega-Medicham
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-566184326

Shedinja + Standard Stall team
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-566080931

Standard Dugtrio Stall
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-566026074

Well constructed Balanced team
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-566019909

Smeargle HO team
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-565706465

Espeon+Necrozma+Latias Sitrus Berry BP
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-564694581

Same team encounter
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-568480481

Replays for Druddigon Taunt

Paralyzes Pinsir-mega and sets up Hazard
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-574550101

Paralization+Taunt+roar+Hazard on Skarmory
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-574098366

Paralyzes Celesteela+Tangrowth+Magearna
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-574099778

Paralyzation+Taunt on both Skarmory as Tangrowth
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-573678950

Paralyzation+Taunt on Landorus and Magearna
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-573676086

Importable
Necrozma @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense

Scolipede (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Megahorn
- Protect
- Substitute

Manaphy @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow
- Ice Beam

Espeon (F) @ Kee Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Fang
- Sword Dance

Druddigon (M) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: -19 Atk
- Taunt
- Glare
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Ah Paralysis spam + Baton Pass. I used to use Prankster TWave Liepard with Shell smash Gorebyss in gen 5 in such a way. All it takes a lot of times is a full paralysis netting a free Sub for an easy win, zero skill needed. Swagger made it even more exploitable back then. Good times.

Team looks really solid against Stall, Balance and HO, although I would be interested to see how it fairs against Trick Room teams. Against TR, Scilopede's speed boosts are useless and nothing on this team can stand up to Marowak A, although Glare and Subs are still annoying, and Scoli can stall out TR turns with Protect.

Last edited:
Hi! One replacement I would do is using hella smaller sprites. This makes me less weak to stabbing my eyes out. (take the hint)

but for real tho
manaphy>espeon

right now, there are very, very few users of whirlwind/roar. in fact skarmory and hippowdon are pretty much the only ones, and if either of them are on the other team its going to be a balance team where you don't need to baton pass. therefore 9 times out of ten you will baton pass to necrozma over espeon now, manaphy is able to set up on metagross and both grens, and is still able to break through stall (but you use xurkitree to do that anyway).

Ah Paralysis spam + Baton Pass. I used to use Prankster TWave Liepard with Shell smash Gorebyss in gen 5 in such a way. All it takes a lot of times is a full paralysis netting a free Sub for an easy win, zero skill needed. Swagger made it even more exploitable back then. Good times.

Team looks really solid against Stall, Balance and HO, although I would be interested to see how it fairs against Trick Room teams. Against TR, Scilopede's speed boosts are useless and nothing on this team can stand up to Marowak A, although Glare and Subs are still annoying, and Scoli can stall out TR turns with Protect.
Yes paralysis spam + Baton pass is my main intent on this team. Yes you're right! I reminisce those times too.
All it takes a lot of times is a full paralysis netting a free Sub for an easy win, zero skill needed.
I feel you here, all you gotta do is to gamble the Protect+Substitute game.

Team looks really solid against Stall, Balance and HO
Thanks a lot!
although I would be interested to see how it fairs against Trick Room teams. Against TR, Scilopede's speed boosts are useless and nothing on this team can stand up to Marowak A, although Glare and Subs are still annoying, and Scoli can stall out TR turns with Protect.
I highly suggest to glare spam, and get to see if you can affect Alolan-Marowak with paralysis status. If not so, Necrozma Iron Defense sponges Shadow Bone to a lesser degree so that might help. Also Mega-Mawile's Sucker Punch cripples Alolan-Marowak too.

Hi! One replacement I would do is using hella smaller sprites. This makes me less weak to stabbing my eyes out. (take the hint)

but for real tho
manaphy>espeon

right now, there are very, very few users of whirlwind/roar. in fact skarmory and hippowdon are pretty much the only ones, and if either of them are on the other team its going to be a balance team where you don't need to baton pass. therefore 9 times out of ten you will baton pass to necrozma over espeon now, manaphy is able to set up on metagross and both grens, and is still able to break through stall (but you use xurkitree to do that anyway).
I totally love your post! Specially when you brought up the Manaphy+Espeon idea! Actually I definitely have to give Manaphy a shot. It's really interesting to see how the team fairs when Manaphy is incorporated.

I'd like to make a comment on your Drudd set. One of the things that distinguishes Drudd from other OU rocks setters (apart from mold breaker) is that it doesn't have a dual-typing that gives it a quad-weakness to ice. Most of the Ice-types moves thrown around in OU are non-STAB, which means that you could easily survive most of them without a yache berry. The Ice-types that do sometimes see use in the OU metagame are rare, and a few of them run Icicle Spear, which Yache won't help much against anyway. So I think to take advantage of Drudd's unique traits, you should either give it Roseli Berry, which allows it to act as a fairy-type lure with Gunk Shot, or maybe Leftovers for longevity. Cool team. :)

Edit: or mental herb? On your team that might be better than lefties.

Last edited:
I'd like to make a comment on your Drudd set. One of the things that distinguishes Drudd from other OU rocks setters (apart from mold breaker) is that it doesn't have a dual-typing that gives it a quad-weakness to ice. Most of the Ice-types moves thrown around in OU are non-STAB, which means that you could easily survive most of them without a yache berry. The Ice-types that do sometimes see use in the OU metagame are rare, and a few of them run Icicle Spear, which Yache won't help much against anyway. So I think to take advantage of Drudd's unique traits, you should either give it Roseli Berry, which allows it to act as a fairy-type lure with Gunk Shot, or maybe Leftovers for longevity. Cool team. :)

Edit: or mental herb? On your team that might be better than lefties.
Thanks a lot for your enthralling ideas! In fact, I'm gonna have to test Druddigon with both Roseli Berry as Mental herb only to see how it fairs by running the aforementioned items! c:

I just used this in a random OU tournament won 4-5 games in a row.
The only thing I noticed in that short time was I never wanted to go to Xurkitree due to it being too frail. If you want to keep Xurkitree though, maybe a Z-Move Hypnosis variation? Personally, though I think a Magerna might be more useful or as suggested above Manaphy.

This was the short final of it too and BP doing what BP does.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-568394456

I just used this in a random OU tournament won 4-5 games in a row.
The only thing I noticed in that short time was I never wanted to go to Xurkitree due to it being too frail. If you want to keep Xurkitree though, maybe a Z-Move Hypnosis variation? Personally, though I think a Magerna might be more useful or as suggested above Manaphy.

This was the short final of it too and BP doing what BP does.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-568394456
I want to thank you for posting your comment. It actually helped me, because I just edited the rmt and decided to add manaphy as a legitimate viable option to occupy Xurkitree's slot. Even though I had that in mind previously, but your post was valuable.

Sayuze

Banned deucer.
Nice team man. Love the usage of Druddigon. Some small things I could suggest are putting 248 Speed EVs instead of 252 so you are slower against opposing Scolipedes so you can Baton Pass after them, and Earthquake > Megahorn because it hits stuff like Heatran and Magnezone well, but I do understand that you need it for dark-types. Other than that, nice.

Nice team man. Love the usage of Druddigon. Some small things I could suggest are putting 248 Speed EVs instead of 252 so you are slower against opposing Scolipedes so you can Baton Pass after them, and Earthquake > Megahorn because it hits stuff like Heatran and Magnezone well, but I do understand that you need it for dark-types. Other than that, nice.
Thanks! I love the usage of Druddigon too. Yes, I undestand why you want scolipede to be faster, but me personally, against scolipe I always try to cripple it with megahorn so that I put Scolipede in position to switch out at a lower speed than what was initially intended, and I majority of the times reach the +6 speed to take advantage in the Stored Power game and be quicker than the Espeons and Necrozmas of the world. Yes, Megahorn has helped me a lot to check Dark-types, specially for Ash-greninja.

Hey ive been running a bp scoli team and ive had a lot of success with eq>megahorn on scolipede as he tends to lure in tran and volc, OHKOing tran and 3hkoing volc if adamant max attack. While megahorn does help with gren and other dark types volc is rising in usage at a exponential rate and magnezone is too.
I do notice that sayuze has brought up the point to a lesser extent. Here are some calcs: 252+ Atk Scolipede Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 141-167 (45.3 - 53.6%) -- 41% chance to 2HKO 252 Atk Scolipede Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 130-153 (41.8 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO.
252 Atk Scolipede Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 126-149 (44.2 - 52.2%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Scolipede Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 139-164 (48.7 - 57.5%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO
Enjoy

Hey ive been running a bp scoli team and ive had a lot of success with eq>megahorn on scolipede as he tends to lure in tran and volc, OHKOing tran and 3hkoing volc if adamant max attack. While megahorn does help with gren and other dark types volc is rising in usage at a exponential rate and magnezone is too.
I do notice that sayuze has brought up the point to a lesser extent. Here are some calcs: 252+ Atk Scolipede Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 141-167 (45.3 - 53.6%) -- 41% chance to 2HKO 252 Atk Scolipede Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 130-153 (41.8 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO.
252 Atk Scolipede Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 126-149 (44.2 - 52.2%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Scolipede Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 139-164 (48.7 - 57.5%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO
Enjoy
Necrozma appreciates the absence of Dark types. Having to run megahorn and pick off common dark types like: Greninja, weavile and crawdaunt. Even its accuracy is by no means good, so Megahorn is still going to a liability. there's a debate between megahorn, poison jab and earthquake, they all benefit Scolipede in different ways. I don't enjoy running Full Attack Scolipede, makes it vulnerable to boosting and priority moves. To prevent all of that, I run it 252 HP / 8 Def. Full speed Jolly is unavoidable, specially in cases like Scarf Keldeo, nihilego and Kartana.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)