Metagame SM NU Alpha Discussion (read post #153)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, posting for two reasons
1) this is a fairly liberal thread in terms of what you can post, but it's still not cool to just post one-liners that don't contribute anything in particular. I recommend, if you wanted to have a conversation, checking out the NU room on PS or our Discord.
2) the resources at the beginning of the thread have been updated with the alpha stats. Let me know if i made any mistakes in updating stuff

I think one big thing people are missing on Pangoro that hasn't already been mentioned, but has been fairly talked about in the nu room itself is Z-Snatch. The ability to give Pangoro a free +2 in speed which with an adamant nature makes hits 430 speed, therefore giving it a huge boon against balance and offense teams that only have a scarf rotom forme or scarf rantrum or any scarfer under base 95(?). This doesn't even sacrifice Pangoro's offensive potential completely, as Z-Knock Off is still a really strong move, essentially being a Dark Type Close Combat coming from Adamant Pangoro. Continuing with said point, Pangoro's non-z Knock Off and other stabs-I prefer drain punch and zhb- still hit extremely hard, being able to do upwards of 60 or 70 percent to most common pokemon on balance or offense. Basically, Pangoro is really fucking strong lol.

Another mon i think people are vocally underestimating the potential of is P2. This thing is a fkin monster dude, it can chew a hit from mons like: Dragalge; Scarf Typh; Moltres; Meloetta; Delphox; Houndoom; Raichu-A, Sigi; Rotom-C; CM Slowbro etc. And its versatility is also really valuable. The most common set I feel will be seen is recover/twave/tri/ice beam, however, you can easily run thunderbolt over ice beam and toxic over twave if your intentions are more to beat bulky waters as opposed to just having the excellent neutral coverage provided by Normal/Ice-which hits every type except steel(?).

A third mon I think is really cool is Raichu-A. This mon is fairly strong all things considered, add the fact that it got another stab is also very good. Albeit, said secondary typing leaves it vulnerable to sucker punch, that can be played around. Dual Stabs plus grass knot is more than enough to get it past its various checks, and with a life orb gk secures 2hkos on stuff like steelix with relative ease. Add on top of good coverage, that it sits at 110 base speed-a speed tier which has always been valuable for as long as I've played NU-and it has good enough base spA at base 95, gives it everything it needs to be a decently annoying mon for offense imo.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Dodrio looks cool, an SD set with Flyinium Z may be a bit difficult to set up due to its lacking bulk, but once you get to +2 you got yourself a fast nuke that even blows past defensive threats like Porygon2, Cofagrigus, Slowbro, and Granbull, OHKOing them with Supersonic Skystrike after SR damage. Flyinium Z also helps it in not dying to recoil damage too easily. It also learned Jump Kick so it has a way of getting past Rock- and Steel-types bar the extremely bulky ones like Steelix and Rhydon. Should be an interesting sweeper/breaker.

I don't think defensive playstyles will be anywhere near viable for a while, some of the most insane wallbreakers and stallbreakers reside in NU atm. Between SD and CB Pangoro, Specs Yanmega, SubCM Meloetta, SD Toxicroak, Dragalge, CritDra, Specs Exploud, LO Medicham, Sableye, and Sigilyph, there's a fuckton of things that can demolish defensive cores with ease. Will be interesting to see if anyone can make stall work in a meta like this.

Oh and good luck with Slurpuff.

Dodrio looks cool, an SD set with Flyinium Z may be a bit difficult to set up due to its lacking bulk, but once you get to +2 you got yourself a fast nuke that even blows past defensive threats like Porygon2, Cofagrigus, Slowbro, and Granbull, OHKOing them with Supersonic Skystrike after SR damage. Flyinium Z also helps it in not dying to recoil damage too easily. It also learned Jump Kick so it has a way of getting past Rock- and Steel-types bar the extremely bulky ones like Steelix and Rhydon. Should be an interesting sweeper/breaker.

I don't think defensive playstyles will be anywhere near viable for a while, some of the most insane wallbreakers and stallbreakers reside in NU atm. Between SD and CB Pangoro, Specs Yanmega, SubCM Meloetta, SD Toxicroak, Dragalge, CritDra, Specs Exploud, LO Medicham, Sableye, and Sigilyph, there's a fuckton of things that can demolish defensive cores with ease. Will be interesting to see if anyone can make stall work in a meta like this.

Oh and good luck with Slurpuff.
Ask Kay about stall rofl.

I dont have calcs cuz im on my phone but im pretty sure fightinium z dodrio could be equally as useful because of all the fat rocks and steels, but i do agree that flyinium nuke is really good.

Speaking of cores and stuff, we have stuff like sneasel+gallade and ferro+alge/seis back so defensive teams are pressure yes, but its not like they have 0 options, this only applying to the latter not the former. However, with this being said, stall/bulky offense does have some great potential through mons like pyukukmuku and the ferroalge core, which can wall a lot of the meta provided you pick up a more reliable fighting/flying resist. I personally have discovered a pretty neat defensive core of p2/lix/slowbro. This core suffers from being susceptible to knock and spikes, but that xan be addressed through sneasel plus a fighting type being able to blow through a lot offensive teams itself.
Tldr stall is useable but you need a mon or core that shits on offense and/or balance(like always?)

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Ask Kay about stall rofl.

I dont have calcs cuz im on my phone but im pretty sure fightinium z dodrio could be equally as useful because of all the fat rocks and steels, but i do agree that flyinium nuke is really good.

Speaking of cores and stuff, we have stuff like sneasel+gallade and ferro+alge/seis back so defensive teams are pressure yes, but its not like they have 0 options, this only applying to the latter not the former. However, with this being said, stall/bulky offense does have some great potential through mons like pyukukmuku and the ferroalge core, which can wall a lot of the meta provided you pick up a more reliable fighting/flying resist. I personally have discovered a pretty neat defensive core of p2/lix/slowbro. This core suffers from being susceptible to knock and spikes, but that xan be addressed through sneasel plus a fighting type being able to blow through a lot offensive teams itself.
Tldr stall is useable but you need a mon or core that shits on offense and/or balance(like always?)
Fightinium seems like a decent option as well, true, although the only things that you really need it for are Steelix, Rhydon, and Regirock (give this boy to PU), since every other Rock- or Steel-type should drop to a +2 Jump Kick anyway.

NU did get a bunch of interesting bulky mons, true, but I feel they are going to shine on balance or as pivotal cores on more offensive teams if anything, stall may have gotten a few new tools to work with, but in the end there's a lot of threats that simply cannot be accounted for in any way without using the aforementioned fast offensive threats, at which point you're kinda veering towards balance anyway. So maybe stall-ish balance teams are not out of the question, but the hard stall that one can encounter in the other tiers doesn't seem to stand much of a chance in NU yet. Can't say I'm particularly sad about that, though.

Once again, NU is packed full of fighting types. We do have some checks here but some of them could muscle past even those. Looking at the current list of alpha and I can see Slurpuff, Golbat, Sableye and maybe Whimsicott as possible answers to all the backbreaking here. Pangoro alone is able to slaughter practically everything here.

It is gonna feel like this for a while...

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Man, when we were first told about the tier a few days back I got so psyched. One of the first things I tried out was this bad-boy, and it almost single-handedly carried me to a win with its typing in conjunction with its stellar ability, which allows it to put heavy pressure onto teams which rely a lot on neutral physical hits to really break through teams whilst completely shutting down Electric-types which rely on unboosted weak moves like HP Ice or neutral STABs to take down Ground-types in the process, and it is something that I can see becoming a very solid high B/low A ranker at some point in the future.

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The listed EVs allow Mudsdale to take 2 HJKs from Choice Scarf Medicham after 1 Spike if you factor in Lefties recovery and Stamina, although more/less physical defense can also be run to pivot into stuff more consistently (max/max impish allows it to live 2 Icicle Crashes from Sneasel after Stealth Rock and to rest off all of that damage, for instance). This allows Mudsdale to Rest up and proceed to start Sleep Talking as its Defense slowly climbs. I like running some SpD to better take on Electric-types like Rotom-Ghost and Manectric and 'cause it's often a good idea to pivot Mudsdale in on weaker physical attacks to net that first boost safely; being limited to Rest sucks to an extent, but the flipside of it is that it means Mudsdale can happily absorb status and just Rest up without really much fear, meaning that physical attackers can't run Toxic to break through it so easily.

Things of note that you can do with Stamina:
  • Use Ambipom's Double Hit to net a free +2
  • Use Rock Blast for a free +2 to +5
  • Use Cinccino's Tail Slap for a free +5
  • Use Resist Berries to pivot into super effective hits to net the boost without risks
Honestly I'm just really excited to think of different ways I could use this Pokemon. I'm currently theorymonning in my head about maybe Body Slam for spreading paralysis, as well as for a potential offensive set to take advantage of its high Attack stat I wanna try later that would look something like this:
Mudsdale @ Leftovers / Soft Sand / Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide / Sleep Talk / Body Slam
- Rest

OR

Mudsdale @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Sleep Talk / Body Slam
Anyway, beyond this there's just a lot of really cool stuff that I wanna mess around with over the upcoming days. I'm super excited that we're finally getting a tier!

Last edited:
Here are some fun sets I thought of..

Tyrantrum @ Fightium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Superpower

This set is a fav of mine and I believe it should gain recognition. It rekts bulky teams with its raw power, and if any Steel thinks they can wall it...

+1 252+ Atk Tyrantrum All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Steelix: 350-414 (99.4 - 117.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252+ Atk Tyrantrum All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 454-536 (124.7 - 147.2%) --guaranteed OHKO

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Ability: Speed Boost
Modest / Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Neato special cleaner that shreds offensive and defensive teams alike...if this does drop to NU, start praying.

Shaymin @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Psychic / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rest

I love to run Rest on offensive Shaymin, since it helps it to outlast the walls its meant to break.

Dotrio @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Return / Quick Attack

A nice revengekiller or wallbreaker based on the item held. SD sets are also an option...but I think its waaay too hard to pull off in practice. So its better just to hit hard or fast from the get go.
dodrio doesn't learn high jump kick

Trick Room is going to be completely overpowered in this tier
How exactly, though? Trick Room is only 5 turns with no way to extend it, barely any users of it carry moves like U-Turn, Volt Switch, or even Explosion or Memento to safely get their sweepers in, and need I mention the 5 turns again?

Still, I think Dragalge, Pangoro, and the like will still be extremely good (won't say broken because the tier isn't out yet) even without TR. Heck, you can also do Sticky Web, which has Smeargle and Shuckle as users. This is permanent outside of Defoggers and Spinners, which makes it VASTLY superior.

Reactions: poh
How exactly, though? Trick Room is only 5 turns with no way to extend it, barely any users of it carry moves like U-Turn, Volt Switch, or even Explosion or Memento to safely get their sweepers in, and need I mention the 5 turns again?

Still, I think Dragalge, Pangoro, and the like will still be extremely good (won't say broken because the tier isn't out yet) even without TR. Heck, you can also do Sticky Web, which has Smeargle and Shuckle as users. This is permanent outside of Defoggers and Spinners, which makes it VASTLY superior.
The amount of different mons that can set up trick room: Necrozma, Slowking, Slowbro, Porygon2, Cofagrigus and the amount of abusers of it: dragalge, crabomidable, vikavolt, mudsdale, pangoro and so many others, just make trick room seem like something that may get out of hand. Also i see trick room as better than sticky webs because webs is 90% set up at the beginning of the game and never again because the one mon on the team that has webs ends up dying at the beginning. Then it can be just removed. Trick room can be put back up by the many bulky mons that get it, making it superior in this case to sticky webs.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Confirming that the NU Alpha ladder is up! Go have fun guys.

Here are some cool Necrozma sets I've been playing around with. If you thought Mesprit was too good in ORAS wait until you get a load of this guy...

Necrozma @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Moonlight

Resembling the standard defensive Mesprit set but packing much higher Special Attack, decreased vulnerability to super-effective moves, and reliable recovery. Knock Off isn't really going to do much to this thing unless it's coming from something like CB Pangoro or +2 Sneasel.

Necrozma @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Dark Pulse
- Power Gem
- Hidden Power Ground

While Necrozma somewhat lacks coverage, it makes up for it with raw power, with Psychic doing over 40% to standard Steelix. Dark Pulse hits other Psychic types while Power Gem hits a few Dark-types such as Houndoom and Incineroar. Hidden Power Ground is mostly just there for hitting Skuntank and Drapion if they try to switch in. (and it is legal on Showdown! Not sure if it's a bug or not however.)

Necrozma @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense
- Moonlight
- Stored Power

Meet Musharna 2.0. It's even harder to kill thanks to Prism Armor, and it actually has the Speed to outrun a fair number of wallbreakers, with these EVs letting it outpace Adamant Tyrantrum. This lets it use the appropriate boosting move before they attack, softening the blow and making it rely less on Moonlight to keep healthy once it's been set up successfully.

And there's a bunch of other sets worth trying out such as mixed Autotomize, Trick Room, Dual Screens, etc that I don't have time to talk about.

Last edited:
Well to keep the Necrozma hype going, here is a nice core:

Necrozma @ Psychium-Z
Modest Nature
- Prismatic Laser
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Power Gem
- Dark Pulse

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Abillity: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Well, Necrozma kills everything thats not Steel or Dark with Psychium-Z Prismatic Laser. And Virizion kills the Dark and Steel types
Also Necrozma can threaten Psychic types with its Dark Pulse so there you have that.

poh

<?>
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Confirming that the NU Alpha ladder is up! Go have fun guys.

Here are some cool Necrozma sets I've been playing around with. If you thought Mesprit was too good in ORAS wait until you get a load of this guy...

Necrozma @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Dark Pulse
- Power Gem
- Hidden Power Ground

While Necrozma somewhat lacks coverage, it makes up for it with raw power, with Psychic doing over 40% to standard Steelix. Dark Pulse hits other Psychic types while Power Gem hits a few Dark-types such as Houndoom and Incineroar. Hidden Power Ground is mostly just there for hitting Skuntank and Drapion if they try to switch in. (and it is legal on Showdown! Not sure if it's a bug or not however.)
Necrozma looks indeed like a very versatile Psychic type and its defensive set and Stored Power are done like no other. Now I don't really agree on the Specs set. Things like Meloetta, Mesprit, Delphox pull a choiced set better imo. Not only do they have access to U-turn/Trick, their coverage is also much more appealing. But yeah Necrozma is looking very nice.

Also i prefer Autotomize over Iron Defense on the Stored Power set so you have a better chance at recovering :]

Well to keep the Necrozma hype going, here is a nice core:

Necrozma @ Psychium-Z
Modest Nature
- Prismatic Laser
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Power Gem
- Dark Pulse
Prismatic Laser looks like a very attractive move to use but is it really worth using it? Sure it's hella powerful and all and you can use it once with no drawback whatsoever. Running Psychium-Z on the Stored Power set is actually a very nice idea.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'll admit the Specs set is mostly a lure since people generally assume it's not going to immediately threaten anything they switch in. I used it in combination with Sub CM Uxie as a wincon and it did its job admirably, as Necrozma is far more likely to lure in Dark-types than the likes of Meloetta and Delphox. Also ngl I forgot we had Meloetta, that thing be crazy yo.

Necrozma looks indeed like a very versatile Psychic type and its defensive set and Stored Power are done like no other. Now I don't really agree on the Specs set. Things like Meloetta, Mesprit, Delphox pull a choiced set better imo. Not only do they have access to U-turn/Trick, their coverage is also much more appealing. But yeah Necrozma is looking very nice.

Also i prefer Autotomize over Iron Defense on the Stored Power set so you have a better chance at recovering :]

Prismatic Laser looks like a very attractive move to use but is it really worth using it? Sure it's hella powerful and all and you can use it once with no drawback whatsoever. Running Psychium-Z on the Stored Power set is actually a very nice idea.
I mean Necrozma should never use Prismatic Laser but its very nice with the Psychium-Z

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
So, Necrozma's one of the best wincons in the alpha by a large margin, thanks to stupid bulk, good enough speed, and incredibly high spA. It however has a few problems, chiefly among them, its vulnerability to dark types, and the wonderful status move toxic. While it really can't ever break past Dark types, you can easily solve the toxic issue using one of these two sets:

Necrozma @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind

Basically, Sub-Calm Mind lets you dodge toxic, and thanks to high enough speed, you can set up on like half the tier. Additionally, steelix struggles to efficiently break your subs (136+ Atk Steelix Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 152+ Def Necrozma: 94-112 (23.6 - 28.1%)), and substitute means you can freely set up in Hitmontop, instead of hoping they don't get ballsy and click toxic.

There is however another way to dodge toxic, and this set is arguably even more threatening in a late game situation.

Necrozma @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power / Psyshock

Similar to Cro-Cune, you basically aim to survive until the late game and then just win against any team that can't 3hko you on the physical side. Fairly simple set, and very effective, just make sure you can take on Yanmega.

Your best partners include Garbodor, to trivially wear down dark types such as Sneasel and Pangoro, as well as set up spikes to punish the switches Necro causes. Steel types such as Steelix or Silvally-Steel can also be very helpful for taking on Ribombee, and pretending they win vs Yanmega, while either setting up Stealth Rock or providing Toxic/Parting Shot support, while Necro loves to set up in the fighting types that threaten them. Fairy types love to switch into the darks that Necrozma can lure in, and beat Sableye, which is always a help. Strong fighting types can easily take advantage of Necro luring in stuff like Sneasel and Steelix. Finally, Porygon-2 is basically the best tank ever, and appreciates Necrozma setting up on the fighting types that threaten it.

Can't take credit for these sets (if you did, pm me, and I can give you credit), but they're rather effective.

As for ways to beat it, Roar Steelix can win in a non-last mon situation, Yanmega and Ribombee can threaten it out with SE bug moves, and Dark types basically nullify it, as it can rarely hit them. Toxic spikes is also a potent way to deal with the mon, as while its easy enough to carry a heal bell mon, hazard removal remains super hard in the current meta. Haze is also a good way to punish it, as setting it back to +0 means its hard to set up again, especially with how limited moonlight's PP is.

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Hey guys, just some brief observations for now. I do plan on being really in touch with NU this generation, so I cannot wait for the metagame to evolve, but for now it's all over the place and I don't want to draw too many conclusions. The few things I have noticed that I'm sure of are:
  • Rain is really good right now -- with a lot of Swift Swim users and there not being too many good offensive Water resists, it's not too hard to see why. Additionally, SD Z-Stone Edge Kabutops does really well against most of the fatter Pokemon (i.e: every bulky water in the tier), so it is a pretty consistent playstyle, surprisingly, besides when you face Trick Room like meepsvictory has used to peak the ladder.
  • The classic NU "fighting / dark / psychic" type of feel, the sorta dynamic that has been prevalent for a majority of the past two generations, is back and with a lot of new faces. There are SO many viable offensive Pokemon of each of these types and it is pretty cool.
  • Going back to what I touched on in the first point, Trick Room has a lot of tools at its disposal and while I think it might settle down with time as the tier grows a bit defensively, it's kinda cool to see some Pokemon like Exploud and OTR Porygon2 shine in the early stages of NU. Really fun stuff tbh.
  • Tyrantrum is REALLY fucking good. This thing hits so hard, is bulky on the physical side, and has a lot going for it -- can probably run DD, Scarf, Band, and maybe even other sets tbh. I've been forced to fodder Pokemon to it or swept by it a few times already.
  • Like a lot of early, developing lower tiers, "type spam" sorta teams seem to be very good right now because they tend to overwhelm the defensive pivots and take advantage of a lot of people not really being sure what's too good or consistent defensively while trying out all of the new toys offensively.
  • Kinda fun seeing some Pokemon that don't feel "right" in NU like Yanmega, Druddigon, Tyrantrum, Kingdra, Medicham, Machamp, Moltres, Houndoom, Meloetta, Cofagigus, Porygon2, Drapion, Necrozma, Slowbro, Slowking, etc. residing in the tier. It's obviously early and there's no way to say if any of them are misplaced yet, be it by them being broken or by them being good enough to get the usage they need in RU to rise, but it's fun playing with the tier as is and helping mold the future of the metagame.
:)

I really want to follow NU this gen, but I am not sure what good offensive mons are. Can I have some suggestions for good HO Pokémon in the tier right now?

The Goomy

Whitest Mexican Alive
Just wanted to put some emphasis on the point Finchinator made regarding Trick Room.

Trick Room is insanely good rn. With super reliable setters such as Uxie, P2, Slowbro, and Cofagrigius roaming around the tier + a bunch of slow, strong breakers like Exploud, Dragalge, Tyrantrum, Pangoro, Crabominable, etc.

It's definitely something that every team needs to have an answer for and is probably the dominant playstyle right now.

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.
^ Cant agree more, played few games and theres barely any switchins to TR abusers lol, plus most of the setters can reliably set TR multiple times during the match.
Made a prototype TR team and atm its pretty shitty but worked alright and has some nice sinergy so i wanted to slap here it as 1 of first teams i made for fun

Im not gonna be long with description,I basically started with Cofagrigus as one of most reliable TR setters, using nasty plot with Sball+hp fighting not to be walled by normal types and Pangoro, lefties for longevity, Uxie is a staple at this point considering it has Rocks+Healing Wish or U-turn depending on what you want, great secondary fighting check and ground immunity for team. Pangoro sinergizes well with both since its a ghost resist, SD is great last move bcz pangoro forces a lot of switching and after you setup everything dies, standard coverage+ gunk shot for fairy types.
-Tyrantrum was added bcz it benefits from pangoro breaking steel types, and it also resists flying types for pangoro, and checks bug types for Uxie.
-Dragalge was added for few reasons, i didnt have hazard removal and its tspikes absorber, its another broken dragon type and checks water/fire pokemon, I think Devastating drake Z move might be best for this mon bcz Sludge wave already one shot fairies so might not need choice specs, and you cant afford to get choice locked into draco and allows stuff like slurpuff to setup for free
-Porygon2 was added as last pokemon bcz it blanket checks many special threats like noivern,typhlosion, electric types and some physical, sets TR as well

in general, just some ideas to try for start, team needs lots of improvement ofc :^]
Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Uxie @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- U-turn

Pangoro @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Hammer Arm
- Gunk Shot

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Head Smash
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Superpower

Dragalge @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Trick Room
- Recover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)