NOC THERE ARE VAMPS ITG (Game Over: Village Wins!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
I feel like Zorbees is acting pretty scummy but I don't think any actual scum would be so aggressive, so I'm thinking that he's town. Otherwise I'm not getting much of a read on anyone else except for Sam possibly being vamp/backup trying to throw off suspicion in the most convuleted way possible

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
K whatever people are missing the point of playing a non-traditional game if they just wanna do the same bs they always do

Obviously the only reason I would break the game is because I'm town, nothing I've said makes any sense from a vampire perspective and Walrein in particular should know that quite obviously

I think wanting to lynch the backup makes it likely you are town, however, the fact that half of your plan is a blatant vampire win doesn't make me comfortable to say you are town. Ultimately I read you as probably town because you're generally pretty bad at tunneling on a non-scum and I'm not scum.

zorbees is purposefully being dense as is MoodyCloud, and I think both are likely to be some combination of Vampire or Backup, which are the two most desirable lynches today even for those who want to play the 'old-fashioned way', which is not how this game is meant to be played. Hell, the whole point of a game like this is to think outside the box and get outside your comfort zone, not just go through the motions claiming you have a philosophical difference with playing new and unique games.

Who are you to say what the point of the game is or how it should be played? Let everyone have their own opinion on it.

Lynch zorbees (Unbolded since my responses are bold)

Open to being convinced otherwise but I have never seen zorbees to think that you don't play a game to win it. He has demonstrated this pattern over a decade and, while I agree with it, he is not demonstrating it this game. I don't buy his explanation of 'obviously I'm not following trends because I signed up for an NOC' - that's not a reason to think he would suddenly change his whole philosophy on how to play mafia.

My OC strategy and my NOC strategy are completely different. I only joined this game in the first place because Texas confirmed that there would be short deadlines, which is my preference. You should know how much I got fed up with NOCs in the past; hell, me and jumpluff threw a game by godkilling ourselves just because the game was too much. If I'm playing a NOC, I want the game to be reasonably fun, and I don't think playing for a personal victory by openly playing both sides in a NOC is any fun.

I read the most fear of my obvious strategy to ensure vanillas win en masse into zorbees and then MoodyCloud, go back and read their posts and note the difference between their reactions and most others', particularly Asek's. The reasonable vanilla response, if you want to play things traditionally, is to say 'I don't think that's how we should play a game like this / how the game is meant to be played', which I can 100% promise you is not the case, this game was meant to be played with vanillas keeping their options open and thinking on their feet instead of being sheep.

I never feared your strategy, I'm just philosophically opposed to it. I had the exact response that you called "the reasonable vanilla response". And as I said before, who are you to tell people how the game is meant to be played.

In other news the backup claiming is the most obvious of all obvious strategies and anyone who does not acknowledge this is either the Vampire or someone who wants to win with the Vampire.

Honestly I'm fine lynching the Backup, but I don't think the Backup is just going to claim and get himself lynched when half of your strategy involves winning with the vampire, which the dead backup can no longer do.
Walrein what are you basing your sandshrewz read on, I haven't seen much of anything out of him.

those 40 minutes were the past 40 minutes but I have like five minutes on phone so

unclesams post: in concept I agree although if vamps win at majority then it is always unsound logic for any given townie to aim for a vamp win(I think? didn't go into it much more than "less than half of people who are current town are gonna win then")

again not going into it much because not much time but lynching a pr(it doesn't matter which) is beneficial for everyone with POSSIBLY the exception of the pr lynch(losing vamp potential)

I read the thread somrehat

I lied Unvote lynch earlio

still subject to change but honestly earlio is the only scumlean that feels legitimate (reasons zorbees / hawkie have said mostly, also constantly putting up his... I dunno a word but things like "can't be top poster" "don't wanna bandwagon")

going back to bigpost if vamps CAN win via maj then it's what 1v10 plus a viggish BUT only realistically works if vamp calls for their own sacrifice(doctor / backup / hunter all technically work but ensure their own demise if we follow that plan)

I'm getting out of the car in fifteen seconds so there you go

apparently I lost part of this post by using an autosaved draft oops

here's what I had as of autosave no time to properly fix

those 40 minutes were the past 40 minutes but I have like five minutes on phone so

unclesams post: in concept I agree although if vamps win at majority then it is always unsound logic for any given townie to aim for a vamp win(I think? didn't go into it much more than "less than half of people who are current town are gonna win then")

again not going into it much because not much time but if first guess is right. ynchin a pr(it doesn't matter which) is beneficial for everyone with POSSIBLY the exception of the pr lynch(losing vamp potential; again I haven't actually done math just glances)

I read the thread somewhat but not with a sufficiently critical eye so I'll just get in reads in if I can

unclesam I think he makes that post 80% if town 100% if vamp but with the thing zorbees said I'm going to put it as nri

looking through later responses again Unvote vote unclesam for now, definitely not for the bigpost but later responses, very subject to change

zorbees I dunno honestly

asek nonpr probably

in retrospect this is more than five minutes

UncleSam

Leading this village
Where does it say vampire wins at majority? Texas can you answer this but obviously any strategy involving a vampire win is assuming that the vampire could convert everyone except the vampire hunter

I already said that if the backup claims to be lynched I would personally guarantee (and others have stated they want this as well) I would play solely to win with the vampire hunter. I ran down why this is so good for the backup in my big post so go read that again since apparently most people didn't.

Anyway Texas if you could confirm whether the Vampire wins at majority or not that is very important for strategizing - I thought it was clear from the rules there's no such thing as 'majority' since the vampires are not even united but I guess others are confused on this. Host ruling would be good here.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
how can you guarantee that you will play solely for the hunter when its possible you just get recruited to the vampire's side? are you saying you would throw the game or are you screaming at the vampire "dont recruit me"

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Ok I don't really get why those comments made me look suspicious, but here's my thinking behind them:
1.Dont want to bandwagon: Second post of the game, the first one being a random lynch. I was just saying that I didn't want to random lynch with 0 reason
2.Dont want to be top poster: My thinking was top poster=town leader and I didn't want to be one due to my lack of experience

UncleSam

Leading this village
Obviously I'd ask for witch doctor but the more obvious aspect is to not try to lynch the vampire hunter while still a vanilla, I'd have thought that distinction was clear

I'm not seeing any consensus on who to lynch, but if it helps I'm not backup
why are you looking for "the consensus on who to lynch" or to put in simpler terms the bandwagon for you to hop on? this isn't town behaviour omg

I feel like Zorbees is acting pretty scummy but I don't think any actual scum would be so aggressive, so I'm thinking that he's town. Otherwise I'm not getting much of a read on anyone else except for Sam possibly being vamp/backup trying to throw off suspicion in the most convuleted way possible
when asked for reads he only gives reads on the.. idk how to get this across. OK i feel like sam / zorbees are this pop duo performing live and everyone else is the backup dancers rn and him only commenting on them rather than giving a read on some obscure player (or any other player for that matter) feels like he's been going over the thread trying to provide a reads post in response to Asek rather than actively looking for and considering the connotations of people's posts

i mean its d1 you cant really have a basis when nothing has really happened yet

I can't find the post so I either misread something which is totally possible since I just woke up when I read the posts or just dreamed about it which also is possible
you had a basis. For other players.

The two archtypes I'd want to lynch the most today are parroters and idlers

acidphoenix what's your excuse
his last post was 12 hours before this making it scummy because he doesn't comment on anything that went down and then starts going after lurkers which is really easy for scum to do to sound towny. He doesn't lynch acid either which on d1 and considering the fact he tagged him for lurking doesn't sit right with me either this looks like another case of fishing for towncred. I also think his posts have been scummy ever since he bolded it's time to NOC

asek bro just wanted to point this out. Us having a big townie bloc today by virtue of their being only 1 vamp doesn't actually help us that much. Like. The thing that usually trips up scum is that they have to either go with the town bloc against one of their buddies or find contrived reasons NOT to do that. And the 1 vamp doesn't have any buddies to protect so he just goes with the flow

again not going into it much because not much time but lynching a pr(it doesn't matter which) is beneficial for everyone with POSSIBLY the exception of the pr lynch(losing vamp potential)

I read the thread somrehat

I lied Unvote lynch earlio

still subject to change but honestly earlio is the only scumlean that feels legitimate (reasons zorbees / hawkie have said mostly, also constantly putting up his... I dunno a word but things like "can't be top poster" "don't wanna bandwagon")

going back to bigpost if vamps CAN win via maj then it's what 1v10 plus a viggish BUT only realistically works if vamp calls for their own sacrifice(doctor / backup / hunter all technically work but ensure their own demise if we follow that plan)

I'm getting out of the car in fifteen seconds so there you go

apparently I lost part of this post by using an autosaved draft oops

here's what I had as of autosave no time to properly fix

again not going into it much because not much time but if first guess is right. ynchin a pr(it doesn't matter which) is beneficial for everyone with POSSIBLY the exception of the pr lynch(losing vamp potential; again I haven't actually done math just glances)

I read the thread somewhat but not with a sufficiently critical eye so I'll just get in reads in if I can

unclesam I think he makes that post 80% if town 100% if vamp but with the thing zorbees said I'm going to put it as nri

looking through later responses again Unvote vote unclesam for now, definitely not for the bigpost but later responses, very subject to change

zorbees I dunno honestly

asek nonpr probably

in retrospect this is more than five minutes
Unvote Vote Acidphoenix

Literally what is this it seems to me like just a jumble of randomness

i personally think it's bullshit for a role to claim to get lynched immediately and basically Not Get To Play The Game

that's blurring the line between mafia and metagaming and it doesn't sit right with me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)