Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for the silly question but I gotta ask it. How do I become a Tiering Contributor in OU ? can somebody explain ways to get that badge ?
To get the tiering contributor badge, you must either vote in 8 suspect tests across any tiers or be invited to become part of a council (OU, UU, NU council etc) and participate in a council suspect vote.

Tapu Koko Shiny has just been announced as a mystery gift.

The Ability it has is Nature's Madness. My main question is what Nature should I go for to match up with this ability?

GMars

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tapu Koko Shiny has just been announced as a mystery gift.

The Ability it has is Nature's Madness. My main question is what Nature should I go for to match up with this ability?
The shiny Tapu Koko is locked into only having a Timid Nature.

His profile on smogon says timid
Just about to make a copule of comments on that. If im not mistaken, its always a timid nature, so that doenst really matter. If you are to go for something, make it hidden powers. They usually run hp ice, but ive seen hp fire on life orb variants.

EDIT: And Divine Retribution beats me to it. oh well.

I set up my marshadow to be naive 252 attack 4 def and 252 spd marshadium z

Moves
Spectral thief
Close combat
Ice punch
Poison jab

Is this a good fit for him does anyone have suggestions?

I would try asking in this thread http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...op-before-posting.3587245/page-7#post-7397849
as Marshadow has been banned to ubers. Unless this is for use in wifi battles or custom games with friends, in which case i dont know where you'd ask.

I would try asking in this thread http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...op-before-posting.3587245/page-7#post-7397849
as Marshadow has been banned to ubers. Unless this is for use in wifi battles or custom games with friends, in which case i dont know where you'd ask.
Yeah a big group of my friends play and im terrible but i joined smogon hoping to get better. I meant to say with my brother and big group of friends and the occasional free battle not sure how i put that in 2 posts

GMars

Yeah with my brother and the occa

Yeah a big group of my friends play and im terrible but i joined smogon hoping to get better
In that case, before Marshadow was banned there were a number of great sets. Since you're using Marshadium Z on it, 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe with Spectral Thief, Close Combat, Ice Punch, and Bulk Up / Swagger / Shadow Sneak should be fine for wifi battles

Ok cool thanks for the advice
One think i would like to mention is that since your running naive, hp ice can be used over ice punch in order to not struggle as much with things such as intimidate and rocky helmet ( so basically lando-t). Back when it was allowed, it was used with life orb over z move, but i imagine z move could work alright with it.

One think i would like to mention is that since your running naive, hp ice can be used over ice punch in order to not struggle as much with things such as intimidate and rocky helmet ( so basically lando-t). Back when it was allowed, it was used with life orb over z move, but i imagine z move could work alright with it.
Thats a good idea , yeah ill do that and ill also change poison jab to bulk up like gmars said, that shoulf be good if you think someones going to switch out

Thats a good idea , yeah ill do that and ill also change poison jab to bulk up like gmars said, that shoulf be good if you think someones going to switch out
If you plan on using bulk up, swagger, or choice band( maybe choice scarf also, but i never experiemented with that set much myself) I would stick to ice punch over hp ice, as bulk up, swagger, and cb can be used to boost attack.

If you plan on using bulk up, swagger, or choice band( maybe choice scarf also, but i never experiemented with that set much myself) I would stick to ice punch over hp ice, as bulk up, swagger, and cb can be used to boost attack.
Ok cool think im going to make 2 clones and experiment with him and do you want a copy? I can send you a cline if youd like he can be traded now

Ok cool think im going to make 2 clones and experiment with him and do you want a copy? I can send you a cline if youd like he can be traded now
Although I appreciate the offer, I preferer not to hack. I have nothing against hacking, although I like the feeling of satisfaction that comes when all your hard work pays off in a attempt at breeding, ev training, or soft resetting for a certain pokemon.

Reactions: DMj
Although I appreciate the offer, I preferer not to hack. I have nothing against hacking, although I like the feeling of satisfaction that comes when all your hard work pays off in a attempt at breeding, ev training, or soft resetting for a certain pokemon.
I understand, my brother does that too the soft resets

Question: In the OU viability rankings, why is Cofagrigus ranked C+ when it's currently an NU mon. What niche(s) does it carry that warrant its usage, and what set is most viable?

Question: In the OU viability rankings, why is Cofagrigus ranked C+ when it's currently an NU mon. What niche(s) does it carry that warrant its usage, and what set is most viable?
From my experience, the offensive Trick Room set is actually pretty decent, and it's a good emergency check for things like Mega Medicham, Mega Lopunny and Mega Pinsir, notably because Mummy removes their abilities which makes them much less threatening. Of course it shouldn't be your main check to these Pokémon as it's an offensive mon and it won't take repeated hits that well, but it is still a nice backup check to those Pokémon while also having the potential to sweep in the right conditions because of Nasty Plot + Trick Room.

Also I don't get why the fact that it's in NU matters; usage =/= viability. Even if it isn't used as much, doesn't mean it's not viable.

Anyways here is the offensive Trick Room set if you need it:

Cofagrigus @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp/ Hidden Power Fighting
- Trick Room

After a few month break ive decided to get back into OU. What are some good Mega-Sharpedo cores at the moment? I know there are a couple on the cores thread, but what other ones are there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)