SM OU Well im pretty new at this but here's my team

This team is mostly focused around fast kills and flinching, Im pretty bad at this so i'd appreciate help

Tongue scarf (Greninja-Ash) @ King's Rock
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Substitute

Mostly used for his speed to get revenge kills or try to kill other fasties

Kyurem-edgy (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Band
Ability: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
- Facade

Used to try to sweep with outrage or fusion bolt once the pokes with the resists are gone, If he is statused i use facade, Dont really know why i put iron head there but i dont know what else to put and outrage and fusion bolt are really the only thing i use anyway

Bad wishes. (Jirachi) @ King's Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 100 HP / 48 Atk / 68 Def / 40 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Used to setup stealth rocks then switch/flinch annoy the king's rock is there for the u-turn and body slam and actually helped out sometimes

He's got DRILL HANDS! (Excadrill) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 128 Atk / 252 Def / 128 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Claw

Used to get rid of hazards and kill rock types

Why is my fire blue (Marowak-Alola) @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 48 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bonemerang
- Fire Punch
- Shadow Bone
- Swords Dance

Used mostly because fighting types beat the hell out of the rest of the pokemon, bonemerang helped out quite a bit because people went rock types to counter it and lightning rod has helped save some damage when people were attacking the greninja

Nightmares (Pinsir-Mega) @ Pinsirite
Ability: (starts with) Moxie
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance

I mostly needed a flying type, But he is really useful for ground types and can sweep occasionally

Gren really needs max speed timid also king's rock won't really help you most of the time so run specs and dark pulse over substitute.

Kyurem is fine except ice beam over facade. Even tho yours is physically offensive ice beam does more with 0 ev investment to zygarde lando t and garchomp.

King's rock on jirachi doesn't boost iron head's flinch rate and it already has a change to flinch 60% of the time and with para it's a nasty strat. I'd replace rocks with stealth rocks and make jirachi's item choice scarf. Max spe and atk jolly.

Replace x scissor and shadow claw with stealth rocks and toxic on Excadrill.

The spd and def on marowak are useless either max speed and atk or max atk and hp.

Pinsir needs max speed to outspeeds the likes of mew garchomp etc so jolly max speed for that and quick attack over x scissor since bug stab isn't necessary.

Gren really needs max speed timid also king's rock won't really help you most of the time so run specs and dark pulse over substitute.

Kyurem is fine except ice beam over facade. Even tho yours is physically offensive ice beam does more with 0 ev investment to zygarde lando t and garchomp.

King's rock on jirachi doesn't boost iron head's flinch rate and it already has a change to flinch 60% of the time and with para it's a nasty strat. I'd replace rocks with stealth rocks and make jirachi's item choice scarf. Max spe and atk jolly.

Replace x scissor and shadow claw with stealth rocks and toxic on Excadrill.

The spd and def on marowak are useless either max speed and atk or max atk and hp.

Pinsir needs max speed to outspeeds the likes of mew garchomp etc so jolly max speed for that and quick attack over x scissor since bug stab isn't necessary.

I've got a couple counter-arguments but the greninja,kyurem and excadrill ones were fine

1. Jirachi

Rocks with stealth rocks what? pretty sure thats a typo

Choice scarf would make me unable to para with body slam then flinch with iron head, would also make u-turn pretty useless.

2. Marowaka

I've actually been saved by the defense a couple of times, I seem to always forget to remove SPD though

3. Pinsir

Bug stab while isnt necessary has helped me with some pokemon and i'd rather not have 2 flying type moves.

I've got a couple counter-arguments but the greninja,kyurem and excadrill ones were fine

1. Jirachi

Choice scarf would make me unable to para with body slam then flinch with iron head, would also make u-turn pretty useless.

2. Marowaka

I've actually been saved by the defense a couple of times, I seem to always forget to remove SPD though

3. Pinsir

Bug stab while isnt necessary has helped me with some pokemon and i'd rather not have 2 flying type moves.

I'm sorry but I agree, the priority has saved me quite a lot of matches, especially taking out M Beedril, M Alakazam (at +2), Greninja, and other threats that out speed you. Bug stab isn't the best offensive typing, but due to sheer usage of Pokemon that you an OHKO with a quick attack at +2 and the lack of usage, that you don't outspeed but can OHKO with Bug STAB is a good reason to use that second flying type move.

+2 252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Alakazam-Mega: 253-298 (100.7 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

^ I wasn't sure, there's proof.

Do I really need a calc for Beedrill?

252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Beedrill-Mega: 360-426 (132.8 - 157.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Boom ^ not even with a SD

So yeah.

Choice Scarf doesn't make U turn useless. If you predict their switch and use U Turn, you can switch into a direct counter.

1. Jirachi

2. Marowaka

3. Pinsir

I can respond to these counter-arguments. ScarfRachi typically runs Iron Head, U-Turn, Healing Wish and Fire Punch (although you could prob still run Body Slam if you still want the para chance). U-turn is definitely not useless on a scarf user thanks to the momentum and scouting it provides.

Marowak-A honestly doesn't need defenses. It needs to hit as hard as possible and by pivoting into electric moves you won't miss the defenses (bc you'll take 0 damage anyways).

And Pinisir absolutely needs Quick Attack. The priority can be key to KOing certain weakened threats including opposing scarfers that could otherwise rkill you (think Scarf Keldeo with Stone Edge). Bug STAB is pretty bad for offensive coverage, which is why it isn't run on M-Pinsir

1. Jirachi

2. Marowaka

3. Pinsir

Sorry I meant heart stamp on jirachi. My reasoning on this is that your team is super slow and is outspeeds by any scarfer or anything faster than greninja. U turn wouldn't be useless in fact scarf u turn is a common set and most scarfers tend and should run it for extra momentum. You can still body slam and switch out and do flinch shenanigans.

For marowak running max hp would probably be best for you since that would help with both special and physical attacks. Max Hp investment should still save you from the same attacks your spread was doing before but now it can take other hits as well.

Flying + Ground has great coverage. X scissor actually hits nothing that double edge+ eq doesn't. Priority is important in that it can kill faster mons that have been weaken and will help you more times than x scissor will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)