Megas For All: V4! (Voting - Lickilicky, Togekiss, Dusknoir)

Would you guys be interested if I had MFA include Gen 8 mons when it comes out?

• Total voters
Mega Alolan Golem

Ability -
Magnet Pull; Sturdy; Galvanize
Landshaker (Ground-typed Steelworker clone)
HP - 80
Atk - 120
180 (+60)
Def - 130
148 (+18)
SpA - 55
44 (-11)
SpD - 65
118 (+53)
Spe - 45
25 (-20)
BST - 495
595 (+100)

Movepool Additions
Shore Up, Rapid Spin
Competitive Analysis
Mega Alolan Golem has a interesting defensive typing, great bulk, reliable recovery and hazard control, allowing it to perform as a wall. However, where it truly shines is on Trick Room teams, base 180 Attack is really high, and with a trio of STAB Moves with amazing synergy, Mega Alolan Golem can destroy everything once its base 25 Speed is magically increased. However, despite its bulkiness, this Pokemon is still easy to revenge kill, thanks to a plethora of common weaknesses and a ridiculous Speed stat.
Rationale - Landshaker is simple but it still fits perfectly with this Pokemon in my opinion. Having EdgeQuake STAB but not having to suffer with a quad weakness to Grass and Water is amazing, and something I always wanted to see in a Pokémon.

Mega Probopass

Ability -
Sturdy; Magnet Pull, Sand Force
Northwise Nose (Whenever Probopass uses an attacking move, its target can't switch until Probopass does)
HP - 60
Atk - 55
50 (-5)
Def - 145
167 (+22)
SpA - 75
166 (+91)
SpD - 150
167 (+17)
Spe - 40
15 (-25)
BST - 525
625 (+100)

Movepool Additions
Gyro Ball, Rapid Spin
Competitive Analysis
Mega Probopass is the perfect Trick Room user. Great offensive typing, solid bulk, pretty damn slow, massive Special Attack stat. Its ability also traps anything it attacks, preventing double switches and all that. However, a quad weakness to both Ground- and Fighting- Moves is really really bad, and its reliablity on Trick Room to outspeed pretty much anything means its moving last most of the time.
Rationale - Northwise Nose reflects its ability to trap a foe and prevent it from fleeing with its mini noses at the side, as evidenced by its dex entries. Designwise, not much changes, but a smaller nose can be seen on its back representing South and its nose hair looks like its made of metallic wires and is electrified. It generates electricity every time it spins.

Mega Magnezone

Ability -
Magnet Pull; Sturdy; Analytic
Hovering Magnet (Magnezone is immune to Ground-type moves. Steel-typed Pokémon cannot switch out and gain a Ground immunity, à la Magnet Rise & Telekinesis)
HP - 70
Atk - 70
66 (-4)
Def - 115
151 (+36)
SpA - 130
167 (+37)
SpD - 95
119 (+24)
Spe - 60
67 (+7)
BST - 535
635 (+100)

Movepool Additions
Recover, Rapid Spin
Competitive Analysis
Mega Magnezone takes on a more defensive approach, with an amazing defensive typing (it resists both BoltBeam and EdgeQuake), great 70/151/119 bulk, reliable recovery, a ground immunity, amazing Special Attack and the ability to trap any Steel-type bar Heatran(even Excadrill cuz' Hovering Magnet removes its Mold Breaker). Really, what more could a tank want?
Rationale - Hovering Magnet may not make much sense, but imagine a levitating Magnezone, now immagine it dragging a Steel-type to it, since Magnezone is hovering, the Steel-type will also be brought to the air, right?! Okay, now designwise, not much changes, but its magnets become bigger and electricity sparks are irradiated by them.

MaceMaster is it okay if I provide the code only if my abilities win? Cuz' I find it pretty pointless to code the ability for it not to be used. If any of those win, you can be sure that I'll provide the code within a few days :)
Mega Mewtwo Y

Ability -
Pressure; Unnerve
Insomnia (...)
HP - 106
Atk - 110
150 (+40)
Def - 90
70 (-20)
SpA - 154
194 (+40)
SpD - 90
120 (+30)
Spe - 130
140 (+10)
BST - 680
780 (+100)

Movepool Additions
idk
Competitive Analysis
Straight to Ubers.
Rationale - Its Mewtwo but better :).

Last edited:
Mega Magnezone
Type: Electric/Steel
Ability: Analytic
Stats: 70 (+0) / 70 (+0) / 145 (+30) / 175 (+45) / 140 (+50) / 35 (-25) New BST: 635
New Moves: Recover, Parabolic Charge
Appearance: The pods on the side of magnezone's central "UFO" have "evolved" into mini-magnemites, which are still connected to the center. These magnemites spew constant electric pulses as their animation. Sticking to the UFO is "space junk", which is slowing it down. This "junk" consists of gears, bits of satellite etc.. The antenna on its head has also formed into a full on satellite.
Reasons: As stated earlier, the "junk magnetized to the design is slowing it down, allowing for a valid speed drop and a better use of the analyitic ability. This allows magnezone-m to fit well on trick room teams, especially with its very high 175 SPA. also tieing in with the design, the debris allows for a sort of "shield" and valid reasoning for the high defenses, which allow for it to work as a decent wall.
Set Ideas:
Offensive TR
Magnezone @ Magnezonite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
Defensive
Magnezone @ Magnezonite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon
- Recover

Mega Probopass
Type: Steel/Fire
Ability: Fur Coat (Possibly renamed to something more fitting)
Stats: 60 (+0) / 140 (+75) / 165 (+20) / 30 (-45) / 190 (+50) / 40 (+0) New BST: 625
New Moves: Fire Lash, V-Create
Appearance: First off, its face is near completely covered in its magnet metal shard thing beard, making the Easter Island type head similar to Bigfoot. There is a small face area around the nose that is left exposed, in which there tribal/Islander (I really don't know how to explain) markings. The had also has these markings. Through the small crevasse between the face and hat, smoke and a small amount of light leaks through. There are also tiki torches surrounding Mega Probopass on all sides. The beard does not catch fire because it is some sort of cobalt or nickel that can survive low temps like that.
Reasons: The Easter Island head type design got me thinking about how to really "evolve" that design. originally, I was going to make a big magnet ape head, but looking more into the Easter Island got me to make it into more of a tribal design. Of course, many of my ideas are not originally from the Easter Island, which I guess might take away from the mo‘ai design for some, but implementing the fire aspects while still keeping the fur coat idea I had in mind was nice. This new typing is a tiny bit more viable imo, but it could be arguable. The highlight is the crazy insane level of physical defense (732 max!) and huge SPD. while the HP is still quite low, this thing will be an immovable object in many cases. It also a good 140 attack, allowing it to utilize its decent physical movepool (which for some reason includes the elemental punches).
Set Ideas:
Offensive SR
Probopass @ Probopanite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock
- V-create
- Earthquake

Mega Golem-Alola
Type: Ground/Electric
Stats: 80 (+0) / 135 (+15) / 60 (-70) / 120 (+65) / 55 (-0) / 135 (+90) New BST: 595
New Moves: Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Solar Beam, Extremespeed, Earth Power
Appearance: Alolem is a big, fat boulder (I didn't mean to body shame, sorry alolem :[). In my interpretation of it's mega, it loses all that rock. While it maintains the enormous cannon (that becomes even bigger), it is much less awkward and quicker. The beard also grows out.
Reasons: Due to losing its shell, M-alolem is now very quick, but lacks some of its initial bulk. While there was a two-move limit, I still put five because I felt this thing lacked a solid moveset that fit well with its new form. Many of the sets I've seen on this page depict alolem as a mixed bulky trapper or some sort of attacker with no guard. That is why I decided to take a unique approach to the subject, and have a quick trapper that either kills or takes massive damage. it does this by using its now broadened move pool to take on once threatening steels. Its new ground typing helps the "trapping process". It also blocks volt switch, blocking many steels from escaping its clutches.
Set Ideas:
Sun Sweeper
Golem-Alola @ Alolemite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Rock Polish
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power

Trap G-d
Golem-Alola @ Alolemite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

Mega Probopass

Ability: Bulletproof
Type: Steel/Grass
Stats:

HP: 60 (+0)
Attack: 65 (+10)
Defense: 170 (+25)
Sp. Attack: 120 (+45)
Sp. Defense: 170 (+20)
Speed: 40 (+0)
New Moves: Giga Drain, Leech Seed
Description: The "mustache" on Probopass has become a glowing moss, which has infested Probopass' body with vines and this moss. Probopass becomes very similar to Ferrothorn in being a Grass/Steel wall with a decent attacking stat, although Mega-Probopass is more of a Special Attacker instead. It boasts a fantastic defensive typing, while also having a helpful immunity to Aura Sphere and Focus Blast that allows it to wall some would-be checks. It also gains a fairly high special attack and access to a nice variety of attacks to take advantage of it, such as Thunderbolt, Dazzling Gleam, Power Gem, Earth Power, Flash Cannon, and a newfound Giga Drain. However, Mega-Probopass does have some issues in its walling capability. It has no recovery moves outside of Rest and Leech Seed and is unable to hold Leftovers, so it often finds itself relying on setting up Leech Seed for recovery. Also, fire types will likely demolish it quickly, even with its titanic bulk.

Mega Alolan Golem

Ability: Quick Charge (Download Variant, Charges energy upon entering battle, as if using the move Charge but without the Sp. Defense boost)
Type: Rock/Electric
Stats:
HP: 80 (+0)
Attack: 150 (+30)
Defense: 160 (+30)
Sp. Attack: 75 (+20)
Sp. Defense: 85 (+20)
Speed: 45 (+0)
New Moves: Zing Zap, Bulk Up
Description: Alolan Golem has been engulfed by sparks, so much so that even the ground under it becomes electrified. More magnets and metal chunks also protrude from its body, particularly around the arms and legs. Mega Alolan Golem is a truly terrifying powerhouse if allowed to let loose an attack. Quick Charge charges energy to double the power of the first move it uses if it is electric type, which allows it to deal massive damage no matter what it is hitting. It also gains some more bulk and raw power to allow it to function better as a bulky attacker. Despite this, Mega Alolan Golem is quite average for a mega when it no longer benefits from Quick Charge. It also has a low special attack and is cripplingly slow, meaning it can't take advantage of Volt Switch, which would be a fantastic move with Quick Charge. It is also completely walled by Ground Types, having no moves to hit them super effectively and having a 4x weakness to ground moves that even its massive defense won't help with. As a result, Mega Alolan Golem is extremely powerful when it is able to attack, but is easily taken advantage of, and often can only shine in the late game when its threats have been taken out.

Mega Magnezone

Ability: Motor Drive
Stats:
HP: 70 (+0)
Attack: 80 (+10)
Defense: 125 (+10)
Sp. Attack: 160 (+30)
Sp. Defense: 100 (+10)
Speed: 100 (+40)
New Moves: Autotomize, Energy Ball
Description: Magnezone is now fitted with magnetic thrusters on its back to allow for faster movement. The magnets are also extended into energy cannons on its sides, and Magnezone's body is littered with lights. Mega Magnezone is designed to be a fast hard hitter that is capable of sweeping. Its speed can be boosted in one of two ways: it can either switch in on an electric type move to absorb it with its Motor Drive ability, or it can run Autotomize, and it often has the bulk to set it up. Once Magnezone gets a speed boost, it can be extremely difficult to stop, especially with its newfound access to Energy Ball allowing it to deal major damage to Ground types. Bulkier Ground types are usually able to take the Energy Ball though, and can OHKO with an Earthquake. It also doesn't have much sweeping potential if it is unable to net a speed boost, as it can be outsped and killed by faster threats such as Mega Houndoom, Dugtrio, Keldeo, and Garchomp. It also has no way of boosting its special attack, so special walls like Mega Venusaur and Chansey, as well as Ferrothorn, often force it out of battle.

Last edited:

Mega Alolan Golem
New typing: Rock/Electric
New Ability: Magnet Pull/Sturdy/Galvanize ---> Rock Head
New Stats:
HP: 80
Attack: 120 ---> 155 (+35)
Defense: 130
Special Attack: 55 ---> 40 (-15)
Special Defense: 65 ---> 100 (+35)
Speed: 45 ---> 90 (+45)
New Moves: Head Smash, Volt Tackle
Description: I imagined Alolan Golem's railgun disappearing, its rock hardening, and gets electrically charged. Head Smash and Volt Tackle are because it can charge into foes. Rock Head makes these moves more spammable. Pair with Tapu Koko for a strong Electric Terrain breaker.

Mega Probopass
New typing: Rock/Steel ---> Steel
New Ability: Magnet Pull/Sand Force/Sturdy ---> Regenerator
New Stats:
HP: 60
Attack: 55 ---> 30 (-25)
Defense: 145 ---> 180 (+35)
Special Attack: 75 ---> 140 (+65)
Special Defense: 150 ---> 180 (+30)
Speed: 40 ---> 35 (-5)
New Move: Shore Up
Description: The rock parts become as hard as steel, so it becomes pure-Steel and loses the x4 weaknesses to Fighting and Ground. It becomes an offensive pivot with increased bulk. Regenerator is switching out and drawing in metal with magnetism, same for Shore Up when it stays in.

Mega Magnezone
New typing: Electric/Steel
New Ability: Analytic/Magnet Pull/Sturdy ---> Levitate
New Stats:
HP: 70
Attack: 70 ---> 60 (-10)
Defense: 115
Special Attack: 130 --->175 (+45)
Special Defense: 90 ---> 100 (+10)
Speed: 60 ---> 115 (+55)

Special sweeper that loses its x4 weakness to Ground, enabling it to not have to worry about Ground coverage on the Steels it wants to trap.

Last edited:
Ight vros I get that my banner is totally broken but if it really bothers yall then ill patch up the design. Paint.net just clipped it

Two Rock-Types, two Steel-types, and two Electric-types.

Mega Probopass
Ability: Sturdy/Magnet Pull/Sand Force > Mountaineer
Type: Rock/Steel > Rock

HP: 60
Atk: 80 (+25)
Def: 185 (+40)
Sp. Atk: 95 (+20)
Sp. Def: 165 (+15)
Speed: 40
BST: 625 (+100)

New Moves: Heavy Slam
Description: It returns to being pure Rock. Probopass is now much larger, and heavily resembles a mountain. He is much heavier now, and extremely bulky. Immunity to hazards from Mountaineer makes it much easier to switch to. Heavy Slam to Mega Probopass would be sort of like Gyro Ball to Ferrothorn. Mega Probopass lacks recovery options.

Mega Alolan Golem
Ability: Magnet Pull/Sturdy/Galvanize > Galvanize
Type: Rock/Electric

HP: 80
Atk: 110 (-10)
Def: 130
Sp. Atk: 100 (+45)
Sp. Def: 95 (+30)
Speed: 80 (+35)
BST: 595 (+100)

New Moves: Hyper Voice, Flash Cannon
Description: It ditches its legs and becomes an electrically charged comet. It can now reach a fast speed after a single Rock Polish. It can also attack specially. It gets Galvanized Hyper Voice for STAB almost as strong as Thunder, but more accurate.

Mega Magnezone
Ability: Magnet Pull/Sturdy/Analytic > No Guard

HP: 70
Atk: 90 (+20)
Def: 125 (+10)
Sp. Atk: 140 (+10)
Sp. Def: 90
Speed: 120 (+60)
BST: 635 (+100)

New Moves: Focus Blast
Description: Its total magnet count increases from three to eleven. It has attracted iron balls that randomly float around it. Constant attraction to all metal in a wide area makes it surprisingly fast. No Guard Focus Blast replaces HP Fire as Magnezone's answer to Steel, albeit it loses its trapping Ability. Zap Cannon becomes viable for it and only it. It can spam them as it pleases.

Probopass @ Probopassite
Ability: Magnet Pull > Mountaineer
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave
- Protect / Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam

Golem-Alola @ Alolan Golemite
Ability: Galvanize
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Flamethrower
- Ancient Power
- Hyper Voice

Golem-Alola @ Alolan Golemite
Ability: Galvanize
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge
- Return

Magnezone @ Magnezonite
Ability: Magnet Pull > No Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Zap Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Signal Beam / Hidden Power Ice / Thunder Wave

Reactions: Eve

Eve

taking a break
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Golem: MaceMaster, Exploudit, Ezaphs
Magnezone: Sereg, Ninetales Dragons, Ezaphs
Probopass: Miyami~~, Kopelemon, Ezaphs

Golem: LordChespin, MaceMaster, Exploudit
Magnezone: Ninetales Dragons, WTCO, MaceMaster
Probopass: MaceMaster, Ezaphs, HeavyWeapons Mann

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Golem: Phoenix_Alchemist, MaceMaster, Miyami~~
Magnezone: Miyami~~, MaceMaster, Ninetales Dragons
Probopass: Pika Xreme, Miyami~~, MaceMaster
Voting ends some time tomorrow!

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Golem-A: MaceMaster, Miyami~~, Exploudit
Magnezone: Miyami~~, Ninetales Dragons, WTCO
Probopass: Pika Xtreme, Ezaphs, HeavyWeapons Mann

Didn't have much time to submit a Mega this week, but will try to submit for the next one! ^.^

Golem: Heavyweapons Mann, Jucherz, KirbyRider1337

Magnezone: MaceMaster, Heavyweapons Mann, Jucherz

Probopass: Phoenix_Alchemist, Ezaphs, WTCO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)