OMPL V: Discussion Thread

I was looking for Mega Stones in Mix and Mega stats but could not find.

When i found this;

[quote="wishes, post: 7422359, member: 194490"]

Code:
+ ---- + ------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon            | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
| 1    | Chansey            |    4 |  66.67% |  75.00% |
| 1    | Groudon            |    4 |  66.67% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Registeel          |    3 |  50.00% |  33.33% |
| 3    | Giratina           |    3 |  50.00% |  33.33% |
| 3    | Mewtwo             |    3 |  50.00% |  33.33% |
| 3    | Yveltal            |    3 |  50.00% |  33.33% |
| 3    | Audino             |    3 |  50.00% |  33.33% |
| 8    | Gyarados           |    2 |  33.33% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Rayquaza           |    2 |  33.33% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Gengar             |    2 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Kartana            |    1 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 11   | Swampert           |    1 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| -    | Arceus-*           |    1 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 11   | Diancie            |    1 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 11   | Kyogre             |    1 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 11   | Kyurem-Black       |    1 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 11   | Solgaleo           |    1 |  16.67% |   0.00% |

[/quote]

Neither P-Don or M-Ray are in the stats.

I was looking for Mega Stones in Mix and Mega stats but could not find.

When i found this;

[quote="wishes, post: 7422359, member: 194490"]

Code:
| Rank | Pokemon            | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
| 1    | Chansey            |    4 |  66.67% |  75.00% |
| 1    | Groudon            |    4 |  66.67% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Registeel          |    3 |  50.00% |  33.33% |
| 3    | Giratina           |    3 |  50.00% |  33.33% |
| 3    | Mewtwo             |    3 |  50.00% |  33.33% |
| 3    | Yveltal            |    3 |  50.00% |  33.33% |
| 3    | Audino             |    3 |  50.00% |  33.33% |
| 8    | Gyarados           |    2 |  33.33% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Rayquaza           |    2 |  33.33% | 100.00% |
| 8    | Gengar             |    2 |  33.33% |  50.00% |
| 11   | Kartana            |    1 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 11   | Swampert           |    1 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| -    | Arceus-*           |    1 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 11   | Diancie            |    1 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 11   | Kyogre             |    1 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 11   | Kyurem-Black       |    1 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 11   | Solgaleo           |    1 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
Neither P-Don or M-Ray are in the stats.[/quote]

They are there, only under Groudon or Rayquaza.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
While we all agree that the Aegiblades got the best draft by far, it's important to realise that unlike the Aegiblades, other teams have gaping flaws that must be addressed.

Untitled Unfezants - The Unfezants started strong by drafting two of the best players in the auction Thimo and Jordn followed by an extremely competent BH pick in jasprose. However, other than their solid Monotype drafts the remainder of the team looks quite inexperienced. aesf has barely played Pokémon this generation, wishes hasn't played any of these metagames extensively and Bondie, Ubers isn't in OMPL. While these flaws do exist, they have a solid starter in each slot bar Mix and Mega which looks like they'll just slot Jeran in. If aesf manages to play his games and Jeran doesn't lose his temper at opponents too often then I can see the Unfezants doing very well and even coming second.

Five-Star Jolteons - While Ransei wasted 3k kinda early in on the draft, his team does look quite solid. Two of the best Sketchmons picks, one of the best BH picks, one of the best AG picks and a solid Mix and Mega player. The remainder of the team is somewhat underwhelming. They lack an AAA main so will probably slot racool or Fissure into it. terrors is their Monotype pick but I don't know much about that metagame so I'll just assume he's solid? I don't know why DBW was bought, or why Glyx was bought over an AAA main but overall a substantial draft from Ransei, just like last year.

Bedroom Blisseys - TI went straight for a 19k splurge on Flint, a 14k expenditure on Fardin and another two large investments in Laxpras and Lycan. TI's draft looked incredibly solid until the second half. He purchased a Mix and Mega player with shockingly limited experience, and definitely not up to par with the other Mix and Mega picks. Whereas in his Sketchmons slot he went for Leru, someone I can conclude has had very limited experience in any OM. draegn as a replacement BH player is nice but The Ruins of Alpha/Drampa's Grandpa hasn't expertise in any of these metagames. Not to mention that Laxpras is currently M.I.A and probably won't be here for the first few weeks. The AG/BH/Mono slots will have to carry for the remainder of their team members. My thoughts for the Blisseys are simplified in this minor exchange:

King Kois - The Kois definitely have some good team members in PurpleGatorade and rozes; however, the rest of the team looks weak. They can't have GL Volkner playing two slots so Chazm will have to play Mix and Mega. Sabella for Monotype, I don't know how good they are but apparently they're the goat so idk. darksylvion in Sketch I suppose. jrm is an average BH pick, and the only notable reserves are Yuga and fsk. Shiba hasn't played AAA since last gen, soulgazer the OM main, ihhca for the seventh STABmons slot, HNBL as a subpar monotype player and Roseybear, which I honestly didn't know played OMs but I guess when enough tournaments in the tournaments room appear you're bound to join some and beat all the COPPA-illegal users that join that room like parivard, submit replays and screenshots to the gullible Eevee General and get drafted (sry rosey =[ u seem cool dont hate me).

Optimistic Mimikyus - Okay let me start by saying I still can't get over how poorly Pikachuun drafted this auction. Not to say that the team is bad, there are definitely some solid picks, but for the most part it feels rushed, not cared for and quite meh. To say that this team will do well is very optimistic to say the least. When Pikachuun drafted GmU I knew it was all over but then he spent 9.5k on an average AG player and then kept all his credits until late in the auction. Started dishing out 3k on everyone he could think of. The only player on the team that cost over 10k was motherlove (expectedly). Other than motherlove, Funbot, Donno, Clearly and maybe Lax, this team was very poorly drafted. Which ORAS player are they going to put in BH, the easily counter-teamable anna says hi (hi i bring stall every match), or the esteemed aki0s? Alternatively if they put motherlove in BH, which is an option, they lack a solid way to fit their Sketchmons slot as Funbot will move to AAA and Zephyr will move to M&M, unless they put Lax/Bluxio? (again, why did you draft Bluxio) in AAA and don't move anyone or alternatively put the guy that just came back a week ago - Dr. Phd. BJ in Sketchmons and pray that his opponents don't know how to play the metagame. Illusio the 4k pick that went up in price from 3k, even though he hasn't played Pokémon since last auction. yoman5 returned a week ago, sin(pi) is an inverse player which has never been in an OMPL as far as I know. This might seem like a massive attack on Chuun, and I recognise the fact that he had something going on at that time (hence the requirement to have Klang there just in case) but seriously you had two weeks to research who played Pokémon and you didn't even take that opportunity.
again, why did you draft Bluxio
this is why

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
so off topic
he literally quoted me in like 12 things saying it, even in serious threads its actually so fucking unfunny and quite annoying.
Please learn to understand sarcasm. Please.
its not that he just spammed every single thread, including SERIOUS threads:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/posts/7433899/
http://www.smogon.com/forums/posts/7433903/
etc.
can you not? that's not very nice and the "off topic" callouts are getting stale by now
Is this OMPL thread?

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So where were y'all when OMGS was happening, then?
Best of 3/5 averages out a lot better. I've only ever had a good record in 2 team tours, both of which I got to bo3 my opponents in. It really does make a difference as u basically saw me match up really poorly versus otherwise subpar stuff twice (that's how you ct me by the way, yw future opps e: this part's not facetious, look at all my other team tours, I'm just hoping someone messes up and brings something too terrible to work). A lot of people told me I was being too critical of myself and how I'd perform before OMPL started, so haha proved you wrong I'm doing worse than u thought idiots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)